• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

T-block

B2B TST
one of my friends suggested japes too...i think i'll try it out next time. i dunno...i know there's not much to say about the second match. do you guys think i was patient enough on battlefield? i dunno what else there is to do...i eat a lot of f-tilts <_<

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the one thing i dislike about japes that doesn't have to do with the ceiling is the fact that snake's explosives are very difficult to see and keep track of sometimes

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've never run out the clock before. Plus I dont know how to effective do it to where I'm obviously stalling. If you kinda get by me saying. Not running out the clock like a n00b but doing it strategically.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I prefer taking Snakes to Norfair if it's legal, but Japes is a pretty close second. Running away with Ivysaur in the rapids is too good.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I prefer taking Snakes to Norfair if it's legal, but Japes is a pretty close second. Running away with Ivysaur in the rapids is too good.
using the outhouse and keeping it "occupied" for most of the match is too good too. Too bad that's banned from all tournaments.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
O i thught you meant jsut standing on the platform

anyways, if you pause the game while standing on the platform, and move the camera below it, you can see the hole for the outhouse.

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone..

I am posting my friend & I's first brawl vids on the forums, hoping to get us some feedback...

So far I only have one video, and it definitely isn't my greatest match, but I do feel pretty good about parts of it.. (mainly while I was playing Squirtle).

Any feedback I could get would be amazing. We're uploading more vids tomorrow, so I'll have more material later.. but for now, could you please look at this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O58q3PPuSW4
new! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OTkRcws9MI
new! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_iOWtF-hk
Thanks!

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Hello there, im here to help, that video doesnt really showcase you that well so its hard to judge any weak points you have.

You should take a look at my video guide and subscribe to me for upcoming matches and the second installation of the video guide. My AIM is Magik0722 if you have any more specific questions

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
Well I'll check it out a bit more when I have time.. I watched it once though, and I like your vid Magik. Thanks for the tip.

I added two more videos that are a bit better.. P-Rice & I have to get more good vids before I post more. :/

Any help please?

Asa

Smash Hero
2nd video:
Don't roll as much.

Use fair and bair more as squirtle, good for spacing. In general you weren't abusing squirtle's air game, which is better than his ground game. Idk the matchup all that well, but you don't want to get grabbed when you're squirtle, and staying in the air is a good way not to.

Use bair more for spacing as ivy.
You need to work on your edgeguarding game more with ivy. All you did was spam razor leaf while they were on the edge. Dtilts and bairs work nicely for that.
At 2:31, not a good idea to fair a yoshi at 35% who hasn't used his jump yet.

3rd video:
You kept going to the edges of the stage when you were ivysaur. Try controlling the center of the stage, as there are less chances of ivy getting gimped.
At 2:38, you hit the yoshi with the rock projectiles. This can combo into usmash.
Try incorporating shellshifting tactics into your squirtle game, it'll give your movement more variety

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
Thank you Asadelta for the advice. :)

Yeah, rolling is one of my bad habits.. I always have, since early Melee days, because it worked for avoiding my not very good friends' attacks, and so I've always done it too much since then lol.

I feel like you're right in that I could use Fair & Bair more often, but can't that leave me at risk for my opponent to just shield them and grab me? I've found his Ftilt & Jab combo to be Godsends on the ground.

I'm still working a lot with Ivy.. I used to be kinda meh with him, but I'm starting to improve a lot more with him. Still working out basic concepts though like edge-guarding tactics.. Recovery tactics... Overall just trying to work on controlling a match as Ivysaur.

You're right, that Fair was a bad idea. xD

Thank you for the Rock Smash>Usmash combo. After watching that, I realized you're totally right.

I will indeed add shellshifting tactics into my Squirtle game. Just trying to work on solidifying my usage of his attacks first.

Asa

Smash Hero
I feel like you're right in that I could use Fair & Bair more often, but can't that leave me at risk for my opponent to just shield them and grab me? I've found his Ftilt & Jab combo to be Godsends on the ground.
If you space them well enough, you can move away from them with squirtle's good air mobility if you hit their shield, which will prevent them from shield grabbing you. Ftilt and jab combo are good, but imo his fair and bair are much better for spacing. And in the yoshi matchup, yoshi doesn't really shield much in the first place.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I should've had a tournament video where I curb stomped (two-stocked) Seibrik's Dedede last weekend, but it didn't get saved, for whatever reason.

Stupid.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the image of squirtle literally curb stomping a dedede is irresistible

that's a shame reflex :[

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I was so scared for Squirtle when Reflex accidentally buffered Waterfall out of the switch. :O

Asa

Smash Hero
So does this mean we should start with squirtle now? More and more people seem to be doing it with higher success

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So does this mean we should start with squirtle now? More and more people seem to be doing it with higher success
[sarcasm] Hey yeah, that's a capital idea, we should all forget about the other two and just start with frikin squirtle on account of if it weren't for the other two pokemon,, Squirtle would be in frikin SS tier. We should just close all the other threads that don't pertain to Squirtle and focus all our attention and research to Squirtle because he is obviously the only one who can get things done. Squirtle or gtfo.[/sarcasm]

Squirtle<3
Ivy <3
Charizard<3

The other two were put there for a reason you know, not just to be there and suck.

Toby.

Smash Master
I actually start with squirtle against marth as well now.

Bomber, against marth ivysaur does suck. And marth exploits charizards blind spots stupidly well. Chaz exploited it well against reflex and he wasn't even doing it properly half the time.

No need to talk down other forum members like that.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I actually start with squirtle against marth as well now.

Bomber, against marth ivysaur does suck. And marth exploits charizards blind spots stupidly well. Chaz exploited it well against reflex and he wasn't even doing it properly half the time.

No need to talk down other forum members like that.
One, it was sarcasm and two, I never said anything about a specific match-up.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Squirtle really does best against Marth out of the three. You just have to play really smart and focus on not getting grabbed. XD

Bomber, stop being emo!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Use watergun if he goes fair happy.

Zig, it aint emo. It's being sarcastic, there's a difference.

Toby.

Smash Master
Watergun doesn't work quite as well as you think.

I know it was sarcasm. Sarcasm is usually used to underline the idiocy in somebody's idea. And thats exactly what it looks like you were doing.

And it wasn't nice. If you didn't intend on doing that, you shouldn't have used sarcasm in that way.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
watergun usually works for me. However skill of Marths varies per region and the only really god player we have is Lee Martin. There are a few other guys that are really tough too but on a National level, he is the only top contender from out state.

enough about the sarcasm, I was using it to poke fun of the majority of people who use squirtle (like myself). Sheesh infract me if it means that much to you guys.

Edit: g'night

Toby.

Smash Master
I don't care about the sarcasm as long as you weren't attacking delta.

Watergun is good, but we don't have time to use it regularly. As such its hardly something that changes the matchup in any significant way. We can't counter fair with watergun, because its not something we can use whenever we want.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Watergun is okay, it freezes him in the animation of his fair which would give you time to punish, but you have to predict it which shouldnt be to hard because of how fair happy marths are

Asa

Smash Hero
Where are charizard's blind spots exactly? Below and upper right of charizard?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
lol bomber you need to grow up

reflex makes me believe in pt, brawl, and God. his squirtle is one of the best characters i've seen in brawl, period.

ftilt *****

Top Bottom