• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

Toby.

Smash Master
Below and in front of Charizard when he's airborne. Charizard's worst positions are Marth's best ones. GG.

Charizard really doesn't do fine against Marth. It's because of things like followups, edge guarding, sour spots, frame traps and uptilt.

Squirtle's ftilt is one of his best options for spacing marth. It's good ****.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Ill let you get away with that because you are sexy Toby.

Its official. You. Me. $20 MM when you are stateside.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
MaTA

you attack to much.

be patient and read.

You attack where you think they are going a lot, but you predict wrong A LOT.

IDK.

Wathching you play I can tell you know combos and are good with PT.

Stop being dumb.

Play a bit more patient.

And for Christ sake its a Ness CG his ***.

Ness should be getting gimped 3 times every match.

You dont attack OoS.

You dont blow.

Get better. You have potential.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
first off, the chain grab is banned in FL so i cant do that.

yeah that ness just played a lot different and is actually good. i ended up winning the set we played but none of the other matches were recorded. I guess that match was more of getting warmed up cause yeah there was stuff wrong but.

My play style isn't patient though, i do it time to time but i usually do better playing more fast pase.

i'll just try to stop being dumb, but yeah thanks.

T-block

B2B TST
d-tilt is a waste

dash grab him to the edge and ground release him off the stage. flamethrower to steal his double jump, then d-air or f-air his recovery. grab should literally equal stock for charizard vs ness

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Everyone ***** Ness out of a grab. EVERYONE.
On the Hall of Fame note, who should we put in it besides our High Priest of Pokemon, Reflex?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Everyone ***** Ness out of a grab. EVERYONE.
On the Hall of Fame note, who should we put in it besides our High Priest of Pokemon, Reflex?
I honestly have no idea though I'd assume that the general consensus will be to out our top 4-5 PT's in the Hall of Fame, if we can even list a 5th one. I know we've always had trouble with listing our top best and even if we could, the gap is enormous, especially from #1 to #2 and it only gets bigger going further down.

I know I wont be mentioned, I don't have any videos worth recognition and LA hasn't done recordings in ages because no one has the time or patience anymore to do them. I'd do them but I don't have recording equipment and I'm getting to where I wouldn't have the time to do recordings myself.

I'm more interested to see who gets what honor at the end of this year for whatever reason.

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
I was thinking not so much separating the Hall of Fame into players - instead it might be a good idea to do videos. We could just nominate some videos that we think really demonstrate certain PT techniques well or show general good gameplay with the Pokemon. After they are nominated, voted on, and individual videos are decided, then we could post them and put tag next to each Hall of Fame entry, giving a short sentence or two about why the PT in the video performed so well.

For example:
"Some Awesome PT vs Some Awesome MK" - This video demonstrates how to weave in and out of opponents attacks well. Notice how Ivysaur's spacing blah blah blah..

That way when someone comes along looking for good ideas on, for instance, how to approach people with Squirtle, he can first check the Hall of Fame for some of the best videos to help him in that situation.

That was just an idea though. Other than that, we could just choose 5 PT's or something and say "these are our best players, look at the videos!".

Oh, and last idea from me: We could separate the Hall of Fame into individual Pokemon, and then overall. That could be advantageous to people looking for good videos to improve one specific area. Only downfall I see to it is often times the best PT movies are almost always going to be great for all three Pokemon. It is sorta required to play PT well =P.

Well, those are my ideas. Any of you guys have something? Discuss!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If that is how you'd want to do it, I have a video against Redson's Fox where I think Squirtle looks pretty decent. It's the one where we are playing Helicopter by Block Party.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So basically, make my "Matchup video showcase thread"

to bad noone ever nominated videos
I never actually had the patience to watch all the vids. I've only seen a few that weren't mine however I don't remember whose they were so I'm of no help here. Plus Youtube has been screwing me out of sound when I watch a vid now adays and it take a a while to load a vid.

However while I am taking a break from competitive Smash, I'm going to take the advise of a friend and put forth some effort to get better by watching all the videos in this archive and observe performances and take do and don't mental notes. Though I plan on doing all of this during the holidays since I will have time to do so. Rough next two weeks you know? I'll be too drained to really do anything.

Kith

Smash Ace
Nice vids. Just gotta ask though, why do you use D-throw so much? It's the least damaging throw squirtle has, and it's one of his most reliable kill moves. It just seems like a better idea to save and, and f-throw or b-throw instead.

T-block

B2B TST
Hrmm...

Why Squirtle against Ike?
and why not Ivysaur against Link?

EDIT: my guess is he's trying to catch them DI'ing the wrong way and getting a gimp... it was against ike and link, so if they went horizontally it'd be tough for them to make it back. there's no need to save d-throw at 20% anyways - you'll definitely hit with 9 other moves before they're at ko percents

Kith

Smash Ace
At 20% you're right, but it seemed as though the vast majority of grabs he got, regardless of percent, he used d-throw.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
no hes not, hes the worst, but that ike i played doesnt know why its the worst so its all good, its still pretty hard even if they dont know all the stupid stuff ike has on squirtle

T-block

B2B TST
Even so, it seemed like your Charizard was doing better for a lot of the matches. I think I woulda been starting Charizard after the first match for sure.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
no hes not, hes the worst, but that ike i played doesnt know why its the worst so its all good, its still pretty hard even if they dont know all the stupid stuff ike has on squirtle
I've played a lot of matches against Hylian and Bored, and Squirtle always does the best of the three.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
even though you d throw to get him off the edge you can still do f throw just as good. odds are you wont have enough time to initially water gun gimp him. So you might as well save the d throws for later.

I think your buddy needs to work on his DI more...seemed like a lot of the throws and attacks against him sent him flying why farther then they should be.

With zard you need to flamethrower more and also you can rock smash out of his punches. attack with a lot of grabs

Top Bottom