• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

JPOBS

Smash Hero
in reference to the dropzone of randall ,doing it on air and doing it on a char would be different cuz of the hitlag on the knee

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea but when you hit someone its easier

because i can survive dropzone on yoshis more often when

im actually doing it to someone and not the air

soooo ya

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
sigh

hax took my money in a close mm at rom2. How am I supposed to beat DDing? Falcon is cool and all but the dudes that take it to the next level by almost always killing you off a grab...lol

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
you should get smacked

the reason its easier

i think, is because if you hit someone

you can tell when the move is gonna end

which allows you to jump out quicker

instead of spamming jump buttons which probably doesnt work

idk

shut up son

@ raynex

hax is nuts at tech chasing

laser him once then platform camp or something lol

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
yea but when you hit someone its easier

because i can survive dropzone on yoshis more often when

im actually doing it to someone and not the air

soooo ya
if ur good enough it shouldnt matter, u should beable to run off and knee and live with or without anyone there

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
like matt r said, after you dropzone you should use the stick to jump because it buffers jump...i found after doing this i can dropzone stomp or dropzone upair, dj upair, and still recover above the ledge

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Is it me? or should the previous samus CP stage pick ? be an obvious kongo64? It might be due to the fact that the people who replied were more comfotable with the neutrals, or they used the neutrals in their answers because theyre biased agianst regular CPs. . . but kongo seems almost unfair (key word, almost) when playing falcon vs samus. I mean, you have an inability for samus to grapple sweetspot the edge = free hit when your timing is correct, and when youre on the ledge, you have an extra option to recover in the form of jumping straight onto the top platform. Recovering and ledge guarding is something samus is dependent on, as well, in that matchup, and we take them both away with that stage; and what do we give up? allowing the samus time to bomb-stall and reach the barrel, which a lot of the time we can hit them out of a good portion of the time. A bit of a rant, I know. Let me know if im anywhere close.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
^ thats a great idea with all the right points gimping samus is a ***** somtimes anyways

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
the problem with dk64 is that its ****ing giant and with bombs/barrel/upBing wherever she wants through the stage/platforms to land on maybe/etc. she'll still recover pretty well and live a really long time

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
like matt r said, after you dropzone you should use the stick to jump because it buffers jump...i found after doing this i can dropzone stomp or dropzone upair, dj upair, and still recover above the ledge
what situations can you buffer in? you can buffer if you get knocked down with any button, you can buffer out of shield with the c-stick, i wasn't aware there was was anything else. are you saying you can buffer any aerial into a jump using the normal stick? and how much before the actual jump can you buffer it? like, if you hold up immediately during the knee, it won't jump, but you can do it slightly before the knee ends and get the jump right?

Xelyst

-_-
sigh

hax took my money in a close mm at rom2. How am I supposed to beat DDing? Falcon is cool and all but the dudes that take it to the next level by almost always killing you off a grab...lol
yah but that always happens with captain falcon.. fox being combo'd from falcon grabs has been happening 4eva..

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah coheed i should be there

dont count on vidjo and m2k actually helping you run anything, myself+cok are actually reliable and willing to help run pretty much every tournament we go to though

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
sigh

Hax is dangerous in mms. Like, unless you play Sheik, it's probably not going to go well.

legion598

Smash Ace
ok so I have some bull **** I need worked out. I fight 2 different marths one of them I do pretty well against because I can Uthrow knee him around 80 even when he DIs away, but the other marth is able to DI away and still Fair me before the knee hits and when I asked him why he said something about wiggle DI. So does that mean that a bunch of combos dont work? and if so how do I deal with something that gay? The other stupid thing is im fighting falco and fox and on several occasions I throw out a knee in a tech chase and shine eats right through it, its a ****ing knee! am I timing it wrong? anyway a positive thing I have a question about is falcons knee>jab shield pressure, so far I havent gotten punished for it and it lands me lots of knees. I was wondering if there was a way to punish it OOS

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
You need to try another move if he is catching your knee with a fair. Or wait for the fair and then knee. Be thinking about it. Don't just mindlessly uthrow knee every time if it isn't working. I'm not positive but if the fox and falco are able to shine with you tech chasing, you are not being quick enough. And also the strength of a move has little to do with priority mang.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
so i was at my cousins house and played brawl falcon

i did the knee 2 times and i felt pro, but i lost

then i switched to mk and didnt lose a game

screw that game

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I believe that it inputs the button for as long as you hold it.

So if you hold L/R and hold the c-stick to the left it'll continually try to roll for you as long as you hold it. If you let the c-stick go before the roll can actually happen then it won't roll for you, hence why its not a true buffer.

Its as good as a buffer but its not technically a buffer. Of course Magus can freely prove me wrong if he so chooses to do so.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
he's not asking about the c-stick, he's asking about a fake buffer with the left stick.

when you hit up it triggers as jump at a certain point, but only if the stick is moving fast enough when it crosses that point. So every frame it looks at the postion of the stick and how far it has moved since the last check, and if the distance is far enough it inputs jump. Which means if you move the stick up at the right speed, it's like hitting x or y a few times, which is why it's easier to time the jump, because it's basically frame perfect mashing a few times.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
wow, I can't believe that really happened.

RIP nes n00b, you were an up and coming amazing falcon player and your memory will live on in smash.

Top Bottom