• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess I'm way too late, but I was gonna say that if Jiggly tries to put Yink to sleep, Yink can just wear the All-Night Mask. Oh well.

Anyway, I haven't actually read what everyone's said about the current MU, but Pikachu seems to be the clear winner with Thunder Wave, Thunder, and Light Ball. And Quick Attack/Agility I suppose.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The dragon was essentially a large reset button. The world gets to start over.
That opens yet another argument. If it gets to start over, would Lucas ever unlock his PK ablities? He only did so now because he needed them, but if the world starts over he won't, so he won't know how to use them.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well I guess I'm way too late, but I was gonna say that if Jiggly tries to put Yink to sleep, Yink can just wear the All-Night Mask. Oh well.

Anyway, I haven't actually read what everyone's said about the current MU, but Pikachu seems to be the clear winner with Thunder Wave, Thunder, and Light Ball. And Quick Attack/Agility I suppose.
But apperantly, Pit is tougher to take down than he looks. He heals himself automatically as well. Dunno if Pikachu is al around strong enough to defeat Pit. He's got bad defences, and low HP. Wish takes a few turns to heal a little damage, not enough to what Pikachu might be getting by Pit's arrows.

Lucario also lost to Pit. Probably, Pit even stands a good enough chance against Mewtwo. But then again, Mewtwo is alround stronger, has better defences, Calm Mind, Recover, Sub... Pikachu has much less options.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
That opens yet another argument. If it gets to start over, would Lucas ever unlock his PK ablities? He only did so now because he needed them, but if the world starts over he won't, so he won't know how to use them.
What the...
Not that kind of start over. It's a start of a new life. Everyone lived though the end of the world. Why is everyone making the Mother kids more complicated then they need to be?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What the...
Not that kind of start over. It's a start of a new life. Everyone lived though the end of the world. Why is everyone making the Mother kids more complicated then they need to be?
Well, the Dragon goes back to sleep right? So won't Lucas' powers weaken again? He got stronger the more needles he pulled, where each pulled needle made the Dragon more restless than the previous one, until he awoke... Or did the Dragon stay awake forever afterwards? (these are legit questions, not arguments)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Doesn't mather, cause it doesn't happen in Mother 3. Mother 3 ended after Lucas pulled the last needle. Everything up untill then can be used for Lucas, nothing more nothing less.

I agree with warpd that the Mother boys are made way more complicated than they really are. <_<

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Doesn't mather, cause it doesn't happen in Mother 3. Mother 3 ended after Lucas pulled the last needle. Everything up untill then can be used for Lucas, nothing more nothing less.

I agree with warpd that the Mother boys are made way more complicated than they really are. <_<
Hey, even if it doesn't matter, like I said, I'd like to know... Not to use them as arguments, but just because I wanna know.

Why shrug my curiosity off?

warpd

Smash Apprentice
You might have a better question then I thought.
Mother 1: Ninten was a PSI user. He didn't have any plot devices that made him incredably strong. However, him and his friends fought a dragon. After they defeated him the dragon went back to sleep. In those games you find out that PSI came from an Alien race. That power was introduced to the human race thanks to Ninten's grandpa.

Earthbound: Ness gets immense power from the earth to defeat Giygas...then is never heard from again. The only one in Mother 3 that remembered Ness was Pokey.

Mother 3: Lucas has PSI power sleeping inside him until a Magypsi helps wake up his power. Pulling the needles that help seal a sleeping dragon (its unknown if it is the same one from Mother 1) helps Lucas realize a version of PSI Love. After waking the dragon it does its thing and goes back to sleep (without needles there).

PSI comes from an alien race, but is also integrated into the earth and a great beast with terrible power.
Mother 64 (which was what Mother 3 was going to be) actually had hints of Ness running around. This never happened so Ness pretty much dissappeared after EarthBound (or did he :p)

We don't know what happened to these Mother kids. We can only assume that they lived full, happy lives with PSI powers.

_clinton

Smash Master
Not quite. You need them to acquire a Missile Tank in the Wrecked Ship, as well as acquire a Reserve Tank, which is also in the Wrecked Ship. Without them, it would not be possible to use the Speed Booster and fly straight up.
You can get that reserve tank just fine w/o the help of a worker robot...and that missile tank is being "guarded" by worker robots...

Super Metroid is not contrary with Metroid Fusion. Just because it said something in one thing, while it's not saying it in another, doesn't mean that it's no longer a part of what the Speed Booster can do.
Super Metroid isn’t contrary to what is said in Metroid Fusion…but considering how the only reference you have for invincibility with the speed booster is one sentence in one booklet…that is very vague as well I might add (after all…how fast is super fast speed?)

I mean…they didn’t even fix it again with Metroid: Zero Mission…if they wanted it to be true invincibility…don’t you think they would have said it was like that more than once? They back up their claims on their other moves you know (in case you haven’t checked that…when I say speed booster is the only move that has had a truly changed definition…I’m not kidding)

Cool. So when Samus runs at supersonic speeds, she becomes energy.
I never said that…my point about Samus generating energy when she runs was only in reference to the charge beam and how it shows that she can store power…

The two do not function in the same way.
As regarded to storing up energy…yeah they do…as for getting that energy in the 1st place…no they don’t…I’ll agree to that at least…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_storage
Care to guess which type of energy the speed booster might be storing?

In the Metroid Manga, Samus easily punches through a Work Robot.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t seem to mind using anime/manga/ect.

Because, during the time they are in their shell, they are impervious. Bombs can only kill them. I'm sure you read that part, though.
Meh…bombs aren’t the only thing that kills them IIRC…I just pointed out that before that they have their fronts open every now and then…and things can kill them

Anyway…please explain why the speed booster doesn’t work on this:
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Crocomire
You’d think it would work on him…but oh well…I guess Crocomire really is one of the fattest beings on the planet Zebes ^_^

If Pit can do all that, he should've beaten Ike. Pit has got his own blessed weapons, so he should be able to damage Ike.
Are people still finally getting the fact that the whole god thing doesn’t matter when like 90% of the cast has god stuff for these games?

The foes in EB that are based off of ness are BASED off of Ness, which means they are SIMILAR. They might have things Ness doesn't have, ever assumed that?
They aren't based off Ness...they are a part of Ness himself...do I have to show this again:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/588301/34560
(Ness's Nightmare)
'(I'm the evil part of your brain.
'You can't beat me.
'Because you are the one who forced me into being...)
Care to actually tell me and stop beating around the bush?
'Instantly, Ness's mind cleared,
'and he realized that he had possessed great power!
'At that moment, Ness's psychic powers radically expanded!
'Ness gained 200,000 experience!

'Ness made all of the hidden powers his own.
'Ness absorbed the power of the land into his heart, and Magicant was no more.
http://starmen.net/mother2/gameinfo/script/script.htm
@Your heart knows things you aren't aware of.
@Going there may bring sorrow.________________________________________@, you've stood on the eight power spots of the earth.
@From these, you created Magicant, the realm of your mind.
@In Magicant, there's beauty, kindness, sorrow, and hatred.
@Of course, there's an evil and violent side of you.
@The Sea of Eden sits at the center of those feelings.
@It takes you to the truth about yourself.
What do you think those quotes from the game mean?

What makes you think they are linked in spirit, may I ask?
Well…maybe because they are both linked to a power referenced as the “power of the earth”
And one of them has been seen using this power of the earth…so I don’t see how you guys think they don’t have any reference to how they can be used…

Yeah, MAJORA'S MASK, not Goron's, Zora's, Deku's, Fierce Deity's. Majora's is the only one with a consciousness, but every other one is like, a mask with magic that turns you into a copy of the one who was used to create the mask.
IIRC I’m pretty sure the spirits have more than one resurface when they are masks…

Why couldn't he just leave the needle be, if the one who pulled the most needles was the one the Dragon granted the desires of? The whole world could've still been there, but oh well, let's destroy it anyway.
A. It wasn’t the one who pulled the most needles that got the power…the power was linked to both of them remember? (How Claus got stronger with the 6th needle pulled as well was proof)
B. Are you aware of what that world was left as? What makes you think Lucas didn’t need to remake it? There was ****ing cattle snakes running around!
C. I don’t want to ban everything…Things like Samus’ suit has proof that it belongs to her now…she went through a “trial” to get it…so it is more of an inheritance if anything…I just want to get rid of things that have no proof that some characters have naturally…which I guess would get rid of some indirect back up of some types (even though things like Ike’s blessing is hardly indirect back up…the only reason he is alive is because of that back up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA9YZboYrJY
She's even shown picking him up and flinging him from the castle, lol
If you recall correctly...my point about Peach using that power in the 1st place to weaken Bowser was that she wouldn't have been as good at that if it wasn't for the star power helping her...

Plus...We've already talked about Peach's wish power in a way...if we are to reference things like Mario RPG...

Dryn pretty much covered all the other points I was gonna make, but meh. Samus doesn't even need full invulnerability/invincibility, she could just shoot the Hyper Beam from Metroid III while running, which has been shown to blast through walls and pretty much OHKO everything.
The whole reason she won that fight and got that beam was because of the baby metroid (man…Samus has a bad track record of close to losing to psychics if there is no outside dealings)…plus…it hardly OHKOs everything…Mother Brain took quite a beating before she finally went down even with her own power turned on her…I mean even the foes she uses the hyper beam on are weaker than some of the other foes seen by the end game (the space pirate foes that guard ridley for example are by far stronger than the ones Samus is blowing through at the end of the game)

I was honestly talking about the vibe spector, I think we got lost along the way..
I guess so ^_^

I doubt Perry had anything to do with it, he seemed more like a weapon than a...I forget the name, but you know what I mean, right?
His back story sources him has having a ton of magic power at his disposal…but whatever…we know Peach has her own types of powers…mostly sealing types (such as in M&L:pit but whatever)

it's quite clear normal parasols aren't good defenders, period, they can't make you glide either
They are in games it seems…

No, just because he is naturally better, doesn't mean he is better at everything, he doesn't make Peach glide, IIRC, they share completly different attributes, it's like comparing two types of the same weapon again.
He does make Peach glide…it’s just not like in SPM…mainly because SPP is a platformer and SPM is an RPG/Platformer…

and again, that's happend before, why do you think fire blast can be used with pokemon underwater or Bowser underwater or Mario?
Like I said…I didn’t really care if the fire was underwater or not…I was just trying to point out that the fire has no “meaning” behind it…

Again, that sounds awfully a lot like Def and Sp.Def, you think magic is logical? She can defend against Kamek's wand spell thing, I wouldn't call that spell "logical"
Well…most video games here only use one or the other (well ok…”magic” is used more…but you get my point)
You could say they are the same…but overall there are still differences in them…magic for example is going by many means of activation w/o any means to which one…where as psychic powers come in one way usually…oh and the means for using psychic powers is more strict usually it seems…

I thought Lucas only did PK love.
Again…PK Love=PK Rockin…

You, I don't mean to mean, but why don't you say this stuff before? I mean, if it really is undefendable, then why don't you start by saying that instead of getting all complicated?
Because you said Peach could defend vs. PSI…and it was one of my points if you would look again…

Well, the Dragon goes back to sleep right?
The dragon never went back to sleep…

Earthbound: Ness gets immense power from the earth to defeat Giygas...then is never heard from again. The only one in Mother 3 that remembered Ness was Pokey.
It's a bit more than the earth actually...

After waking the dragon it does its thing and goes back to sleep (without needles there).
There is no proof that the dragon goes back to sleep...the dragon and Lucas are one remember...their souls are linked...how many times do I have to show that part of the game's script?

warpd

Smash Apprentice
For a moment they are linked, but the Dragons Power was still his own not Lucas. Lucas had PSI Love inside him before he started pulling needles. Dragon just saw his wish and granted it.

I always thought Magicant was the evil in Ness mind.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ugh. When I submitted this, all what I wrote disappeared. So I'm just going to half-bake this reply.

You can get that reserve tank just fine w/o the help of a worker robot...and that missile tank is being "guarded" by worker robots...
Speed Booster is necessary to acquire one Reserve Tank. When you fly up, the block reappears. It is a Speed Booster icon, which can only be destroyed by using the Speed Booster, either during running or flying. The Work Robots are used as platforms to get the Missile Tank on the other side.

Super Metroid isn’t contrary to what is said in Metroid Fusion…but considering how the only reference you have for invincibility with the speed booster is one sentence in one booklet…that is very vague as well I might add (after all…how fast is super fast speed?)
We know the speed is supersonic speeds. That it is only mentioned once, doesn't mean it's no longer in effect.

I mean…they didn’t even fix it again with Metroid: Zero Mission…if they wanted it to be true invincibility…don’t you think they would have said it was like that more than once? They back up their claims on their other moves you know (in case you haven’t checked that…when I say speed booster is the only move that has had a truly changed definition…I’m not kidding)
Here's something to think about.

• Metroid: Varia Suit reduces enemy damage in half. Samus doesn't need the Varia Suit to enter Norfair.
  • Metroid 2: Return of Samus: The Varia Suit cuts enemy damage in half; Samus' speed increases.
  • Super Metroid: The Varia Suit cuts enemy damage in half; extreme heat resistance.
  • Metroid Fusion: The Varia Suit cuts enemy damage in half; extreme heat and cold resistance.
  • Metroid: Zero Mission: The Varia Suit cuts enemy damage in half; extreme heat resistance; resistance to acid.

The Speed Booster isn't the only item that has had changes in the way the information was given. In fact, the Wave Beam is called the Wave Beam, because it fires in a wavy pattern. It was only in Metroid: Zero Mission Instruction Booklet that it was said that the Wave Beam fires wave energy.

I never said that…my point about Samus generating energy when she runs was only in reference to the charge beam and how it shows that she can store power…
So, what's the relevance?

As regarded to storing up energy…yeah they do…as for getting that energy in the 1st place…no they don’t…I’ll agree to that at least…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_storage
Charge Beam draws in energy. Speed Booster produces a sonic boom, which is sound energy, which eventually merges into a shock wave. The way they are stored are the same? I don't think so.

Care to guess which type of energy the speed booster might be storing?
Potential energy would be my guess.

Anyway…please explain why the speed booster doesn’t work on this:
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Crocomire
You’d think it would work on him…but oh well…I guess Crocomire really is one of the fattest beings on the planet Zebes ^_^
I wasn't aware there was enough room to start up the Speed Booster. Anyway, there is the Blue Suit Glitch. The way you acquire this glitch really isn't a glitch at all. It's simply the result of flying into Draygon. Here's how it works. You must be in Draygon's room. When Draygon fires that gray gunk at you, you run the opposite direction of Draygon. Then you activate the Speed Booster. After that, you fly into Draygon. The video I saw, someone did this, and he flew into Draygon, KO'ing him on impact. That's pretty powerful.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
The dragon was essentially a large reset button. The world gets to start over.
That's an interesting way to think about it, but it's incorrect.

http://earthbound.wikia.com/wiki/Seven_Needles

^ Taken right from here ^ :

"Lucas pulls the final needle, which awakens the Dark Dragon. In the final cinematic it appears that the Dark Dragon destroys all evidence of the Pigmask Army ever existing, as well as everything else on the island. Afterward, it is revealed that the residents of the Nowhere Islands survived the destruction."

It doesn't state that everything is reset, it just states that the world itself is, not the people.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Are people still finally getting the fact that the whole god thing doesn’t matter when like 90% of the cast has god stuff for these games?
Like who? So far what I can think of are Ganondorf, Link, Zelda, Ike, Marth, Roy, Toon Link, Young Link and Pit. The rest cannot harm characters with a godly protection as Ganon and Ike.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why's that? Ashera's blessed fighters could hurt Ike, who's blessed by another goddess, Yune. So in that logic, Triforce blessing, Pit's blessing and the holy weapons of the Links, Marth and Roy should be able to damage Ike.

justaway12

Smash Master
His back story sources him has having a ton of magic power at his disposal…but whatever…we know Peach has her own types of powers…mostly sealing types (such as in M&L:pit but whatever)
I think those are the fact that he can transform and stuff...whatever.

They are in games it seems…
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/ph...e-Beach-super-mario-bros-1990295-1024-768.jpg
O rly?
You have to prove it, that was the only game it glide in, in SMRPG and normal games where she had her parasol, it didn't.
Oh and Yoshi's Story, I think.

He does make Peach glide…it’s just not like in SPM…mainly because SPP is a platformer and SPM is an RPG/Platformer…
I thought it just made her float in the air for a few seconds. You do mean floatbrella, right?

Like I said…I didn’t really care if the fire was underwater or not…I was just trying to point out that the fire has no “meaning” behind it…
Neither does this attack.
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/c/cf/KamekNew2.jpg
But Peach could still defend from it.

Well…most video games here only use one or the other (well ok…”magic” is used more…but you get my point)
You could say they are the same…but overall there are still differences in them…magic for example is going by many means of activation w/o any means to which one…where as psychic powers come in one way usually…oh and the means for using psychic powers is more strict usually it seems…
I'm not saying Ness has magic, but the fact that a PSI know-it-all (?) said it was magic, means there could be some similarities.
Saying you can't do something to PSI because it's PSI and nobody used it in-game, as well as it being "illogical" isn't really good proof.

EDIT: Something else that shows that in the Mario seris Psychic and Magic are similar/close is that Kamek learns psychic
mario wiki said:
Kamek is also capable of psychic powers, such as divination, brainwashing, foreseeing events in the future and manipulating objects with his mind. These he does without using his scepter, although he does utilize a crystal ball for precognition and divination.
Because you said Peach could defend vs. PSI…and it was one of my points if you would look again…
You don't have proof that she can't, if you had just shown she got hurt my a fire wheel, we would have stopped arguing about it, that's just 1 example.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
We will never know, and the outcome will be determined by which side is the better/more persistent arguer, sadly.

Edit: Gah, this was for Diddy Kongs post >_>

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Some of the god stuff can't be overcome. *cough* Ike *cough*
Sonic's super form is the incarnation of time and reality. In short, the power of the god Chaos.

let alone that Ik'e sbody is not blessed in such a manner.
let alonet hat several characters have blessings of their own.
Let alone the armor isn't all encompassing.

Let alone that most of the cahracters here outperform Ike in sheer ability if not defensive capability.

hell the only thing that ganondorf and ike have to their name is high defense, and several cahracters can warp them them into another area or incapacitate them.

Again, he has way too many wins, he shouldnt win against Sonic at all.
Sonic can warp him and incapacitate him.

ike doesnt have the ability to even hit Sonic let alone resist the ability for Sonic to stop time or warp him.

Being able to break the laws of reality and time, ALL laws including those of another diety (Sonic 06) is a very powerful thing.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
hell the only thing that ganondorf and ike have to their name is high defense, and several cahracters can warp them them into another area or incapacitate them.
Ganondorf has a LOT more than just the ToP's protection. Just saying.

Oh, and Ganondorf can send his foes to another dimension as well.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Ganondorf has a LOT more than just the ToP's protection. Just saying.
Pshaw, half the arguments in his favor rely on him being so **** powerful defense wise.
Oh, and Ganondorf can send his foes to another dimension as well.
Which incarnation of Ganondorf?
Since like Link, it isnt the same Ganondorf for more than two games.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
If Ganon is warped elsewhere, he just warps back, and probably behind the attacker. Attacker is stabbed, dies, the end. Ganon is invincible. You could sever his spine with your sword and he'd pick up the sword to kill you. And yes, that has happened. The only thing that can kill him is the Master Sword. As far as the games go (unless you count the first few games, which were made obsolete by all following games).

I feel like this is common knowledge. O WAIT.

Twilight Princess shows him teleporting himself with Twilight, and others.

:034:

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Pshaw, half the arguments in his favor rely on him being so **** powerful defense wise.

~~~

Which incarnation of Ganondorf?
Since like Link, it isnt the same Ganondorf for more than two games.
Well, yeah, if the character can't do anything to Ganondorf to begin with, why go into his fancy offenses? Though he has more to his defense than ToP as well... Like being very agile because of flying for example.

~~~
OoT, and possibly TP, but I can't be sure if he could actually drag someone else into a Twilight Portal or not. Though neither method would be easy to pull off.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
OoT, and possibly TP, but I can't be sure if he could actually drag someone else into a Twilight Portal or not. Though neither method would be easy to pull off.
The Twilight beings (enemies) were teleported throughout Hyrule, and we're never told whether they were done by Zant or Ganon. Because Ganon gave Zant power and restored himself in the Twilight world, it's safe to say that even if it were Zant that teleported them in, Ganon could do the exact same things that Zant can do.

:034:

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Okay guys, the final match for this round. Gonna start round 5 today.

Vs

PICHU Vs. YOSHI

:pichu: Vs. :yoshi2:

Loser's Round 4, Match 13.

Who will emerge victorious?

Wins +4:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :ike:

Wins +3:

:ness2:, :mario2:, :fox:, :sonic:

Wins +2:

:mewtwo:, :bowser2:

Wins +1:

:luigi2:, :wolf:, :snake:, :link2:, :falco:, :peach:, :pt:, :diddy:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :pit:

Neutral:

:lucas:, :marth:, :dk2:

Loss -1:

:roymelee:, :metaknight:, :lucario:, :falcon:, :wario:, :pikachu:

Loss -2:

:pichu:, :yoshi2:, :kirby2:, :zelda:

Loss -3:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dedede:, :jigglypuff:

Loss -4:

:popo:, :olimar:

Loss -5:

:gw:, :rob:

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Pichu is rather weak, but Yoshi is handicapped by a bad health system(unless we can use Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door's) and limited projectiles.

I think Pichu has the advantage.
Thunder Wave
Shock Wave
Sweet Kiss
Filler

justaway12

Smash Master
Yoshi can change gravity in Yoshi's universal gravitation.

Though I don't know how he got it, I think it was given to him by gods or the god of books or something.

Not sure if it's a specific place thing though, and Yoshi get's effected by the gravity too, again I don't know though/
I'll have a better case later or most likely tommorow

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pika and Pichu have Thunder Wave. Paralysis would put them in an advantage when fighting other lower tiered characters. Yoshi likely is stronger, and is harder to take down than Pichu though. Dunno, could be a draw?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
(WINNERS) ROUND 5

Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE KING KOOPA Vs. THE BLESSED HERO

Bowser Vs. Ike

:bowser2: Vs. :ike:

Round 5, Match 1.

Who will emerge victorious?

Overall Results

Wins +4:

:samus2:, :ganondorf:, :ike:

Wins +3:

:ness2:, :mario2:, :fox:, :sonic:

Wins +2:

:mewtwo:, :bowser2:

Wins +1:

:luigi2:, :wolf:, :snake:, :link2:, :falco:, :peach:, :pt:, :diddy:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:, :pit:

Neutral:

:lucas:, :marth:, :dk2:

Loss -1:

:roymelee:, :metaknight:, :lucario:, :falcon:, :wario:, :pikachu:, :pichu:

Loss -2:

:kirby2:, :zelda:

Loss -3:

:zerosuitsamus:, :dedede:, :jigglypuff:, :yoshi2:

Loss -4:

:popo:, :olimar:

Loss -5:

:gw:, :rob:

We can keep on discussing the current (previous) match-up, it won't take long anyways.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
This the first time you paired to characters with invincibility together?

I personally think Bowser has the upper hand here. He's invincible (with nothing being able to harm him at all), while Ike can be harmed by his very own weapon.

Bowser doesn't have to worry about getting attacked, he could just run to Ike and grab his weapon (and then probably beat him from there).

By the way, Is Bowser able to wish for anything (blessed weapons coming to mind) or only invincibility since that's what he wished for canon wise?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This the first time you paired to characters with invincibility together?

I personally think Bowser has the upper hand here. He's invincible (with nothing being able to harm him at all), while Ike can be harmed by his very own weapon.

Bowser doesn't have to worry about getting attacked, he could just run to Ike and grab his weapon (and then probably beat him from there).

By the way, Is Bowser able to wish for anything (blessed weapons coming to mind) or only invincibility since that's what he wished for canon wise?
Bowser never really stole weapons did he? <_<

Besides, Ike's sword is Ike's only. Probably no one else could use it as properly as Ike. Besides, Bowser isn't really what you'd call a skilled swordsman. Ike would have no problem dodging Bowser's attacks.

Ike also can have other swords with him as I've said many times before... Alondite for example has exactly the same stats as Ragnell, minus the +5 DEF iirc?

Dunno if Bowser has god blessing, but likely it'll just become a draw. And while we're at it, Mewtwo should've beat Bowser back then.

EDIT: Oh I forgot. Aren't there skills in Fire Emblem that would somehow unable Bowser to use his Star Rod? There's a skill that will let characters fight on skill alone, and nothing else. I'll have to look this up, brb.

EDIT 2: Hmm what about Disarm? Would knock Bowser's Star Rod out of his hand, thus enabling Ike to attack him. Aether or a critical after that would do nice damage. If Ike does this like 4 times, he'd be able to beat Bowser.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Disarm isn't a status effect. It works on enemies who Ike cannot hurt in Fire Emblem as well, why shouldn't it work on Bowser? Besides, as the name of the skill suggests, Ike disarms Bowser. <_<

justaway12

Smash Master
Not that, I meant the skill that lets characters fight on skill along.

Well, Ike can't harm Bowser either, besides nothing is stopping Bowser from stopping time and stealing it anyway.

@Yoshi vs. Pichu: I disagree. Yoshi could just change gravity, or eat Pichu.

Top Bottom