• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

Kith

Smash Ace
I might get some videos today. Goin to a tourny. For sure I'll get some vids posted next weekend tho. Winterfest ^_^

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I should have some vids against Cyphus's DK in a few weeks. We're MMing at an upcoming tournament.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I might get some videos today. Goin to a tourny. For sure I'll get some vids posted next weekend tho. Winterfest ^_^
I should have some vids against Cyphus's DK in a few weeks. We're MMing at an upcoming tournament.
heck yeah Kith, i'll see you at Winterfest. We'll get some friendlies :)
Yes, get vids.

I want to critic.

We all can get so much better, I have learned so much recently I want to share the knowledge.

Kith

Smash Ace
No vids today unfortunately :-( I swore I had my capture card on me >.< Oh well. Next weekend though, I'ma get some matches in with Mew2King and Ally hopefulllyyyy. That's going to be amazing. I'll post every video I get up :-)

@Mata: I'll see you there man. It's going to be amazziiing lol

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
No vids today unfortunately :-( I swore I had my capture card on me >.< Oh well. Next weekend though, I'ma get some matches in with Mew2King and Ally hopefulllyyyy. That's going to be amazing. I'll post every video I get up :-)

@Mata: I'll see you there man. It's going to be amazziiing lol
I have played both of them good luck.

M2K is such a beast.

I did much better vs Ally.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Watergun is one of the building blocks of a good Squirtle. Squirtle is already a spacing machine but the ability to either force your opponent to shield or be moved is too good.

Like Magikarp said if your opponent is recoverying lower and to the edge as Ike then go for the edgehog.

Watergun manipulates your opponent and theirs options and when you become an effective user of watergun they have to second guess a lot of their options that were previously safe.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
jumping off the edge and water gunning is great. right after a fair usually kills them at decent percent.

Never water gun a G&W while he is in the air with a 9 hammer. I actually got it on tape, i jumped off the ledge and water gunned him and he 9 hammered. the water gun held the 9 hammer for as long as it was hitting him. I thought it ended so i decided to fair him right after...yeah big mistake it was still active. i got ***** by it but it was pretty awesome though.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
If you're ballzy, on stages that have a bottom, you can jump off the stage shoot the watergun back towards the stage and get the ike trapped under the stage

works best on fd, and it doesnt matter how low the ike goes

T-block

B2B TST
magik i think i love you. and i love watching your vids because japanese PT voice is so cool <3

but seriously... against snakeee's zss was amazing o.o and i'll be watching the match against dphat over and over to figure out that matchup >_> good stuff.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well there is another match against dphats snake which will be uploaded where i dont get fsmashed at the closest possible distance to the blast zone

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Why the early dthrow against Sonic, Magik? I understand using it to get Water Gun gimps against some characters, but Sonic's a tough character to Water Gun gimp.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How often did i do it? I remeber doing it by accident a few times against espy
I think just once or twice. I can't remember exactly--I watched most of your videos between my plane flights this morning, haha.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The only matches I got recorded are against JNig's Wario. They're not up yet...but they're pretty bad, haha. Just ignore the times I kill myself at ridiculously low percents. XD

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I know I got some matches recorded on my wii, I'm not sure how many but I'll look into them, they aren't of me I know but I'll see if there's any of Zigsta.

ok I keep editing this but heres the final edit. I got codes on my wii (didn't know until later during the tourny) for infinite replay and no tripping, unfortunately the infinite replay sucks and does crazy stuff like shows that you SD alot like I just watched Zigs first match against Jnig and after Jnig got rid of his first stock Zig stayed in his pokeball on the spawn platform thing that hovers after you respawn while Jnig SD'd himself..... I mean it. I will show y'all hopefully today.

Edit: Zigsta too pro in vids

here's the vids:

Bomber vs Omnix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r0YZVQZvxc

Zigsta vs Jnig:

Match 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1l9oOYj2fo
Match 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl85hZw-Ogw
Match 3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iRUyVGucYk

enjoy the lulz my friends.

T-block

B2B TST
That happens when you modify the game mechanics. When the game saves replays it only saves the button inputs, and then plays the match as if two people were pressing those buttons. So if someone tripped during the match you saved, and then you played it back on a Wii with the no-tripping hack, everything will be out of sync, because the button inputs will be as if you had tripped, but you won't have tripped in the replay. Just disable the no-tripping hack and it should be fine.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
alright not bad. a lot of work is still needed but its a lot of tweaking.

squirtle - dont dthrow every time. Its like your bread and butter. thats your kill move so save it. you can combo with jabs and up throws. keep moving and practicing ftilts.

ivy - dont rely on bullet seed so much with mk. its really bad because of the lag if you miss him. he can get gimped really easy. just keep on moving and using lots of bairs and razor leafs. play really defensive with ivy.

charizard - dont stand still and wait for him. try to be a little more aggressive. I find in MK fights grabs are my best friends. charizard can shield super fast and keep moving so use that to your advantage.

like i said just a bunch of little tweaks.

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
alright not bad. a lot of work is still needed but its a lot of tweaking.

squirtle - dont dthrow every time. Its like your bread and butter. thats your kill move so save it. you can combo with jabs and up throws. keep moving and practicing ftilts.

ivy - dont rely on bullet seed so much with mk. its really bad because of the lag if you miss him. he can get gimped really easy. just keep on moving and using lots of bairs and razor leafs. play really defensive with ivy.

charizard - dont stand still and wait for him. try to be a little more aggressive. I find in MK fights grabs are my best friends. charizard can shield super fast and keep moving so use that to your advantage.

like i said just a bunch of little tweaks.
Alright, thanks :3 I'll put them into consideration for the next few matches I'm in.

Top Bottom