• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Left 4 Scum] Game Over: Scum Win

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know why Tom isn't updating but I'm happy he's not because I'm almost done with my project. It's really ****ty but it's atleast something. Expect it very soon.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright so, project is finally complete. It's kinda shoddy, but here's the best I could muster:

Mentos: So brownie townie its not even funny. Him and Pythag are giving me the strongest town reads other than the people who are cleared of course. Not much too specific to say about him but just in general he gives me very strong town vibes.

Circus: He's been accusing people all over the place. Highly vigilant. I've been getting most town vibes from him. He's been riling up inactives, pursuing a bunch of cases, but never really tunneling. He seems like a hyperactive over vigilant townie to me who just simply isn't confident enough in any one play to stick with it and run. Seems to be directing a lot of traffic but never in a very scummy manner. Decent town read on him but not extremely confident in it. I also feel like the breadcrumb case on him got too much attention for him to be scum. Seemed like people were making a big deal out of nothing or just latching on to him because he was an easy target. I don't really buy the breadcrumbing allegations but I just didn't really like how that played out, with mentos bringing the case and others just latching on.

Kat: Very fency on Kat but leaning toward scum. Found Xiivi's comment about how he "seems to be playing like uncoached scum" intriguing. I also found interst inthe comment someone made about him playing "clueless" and "helpless" and "lost" so to speak. I definitely saw this as a trend in his posts save one:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9093010&postcount=444

All of a sudden he's just content to go with the easy wagon? Yeah, I don't buy that. Not after feigning so much uncertainty and trying to give so many people second guesses and the benefit of the doubt.

Also, he tries to further construct a shoddy breadcrumb related case against Circus based on his terminology here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9034829&postcount=236

That didn't really sit well with me. Just seems like he's grasping at straw.

Then he goes on to un un-cap marshy in an OMGUS fashion, calling him a "dangerous townie" after he's been confirmed: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9195889&postcount=661

He also tries to deflect attention from him to coasters/lurkers here. Also attempts to pair up Ronike and McFox basically out of no where, accusing them of fabricating an argument for the sake of communication.

His entire post was basically one big attempt at saying "Hey guys, look at all this other stuff to be suspicious of! Don't look at me!"

Then, literally TWO posts later, he quick claims: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9196140&postcount=663

Comes off as both phony and highly noobishly confident. Make me second guess him but I definitely feel like the language was designed to dupe people.

Anyway, moving on:

Kevin: Was much more vocal day one and now seems to have sort of slipped into the shadows. I was never really a fan of his big questionnaire and I'm still not. I didn't like any of the discussion surrounding who people would like to have in endgame, or who people would trust, or like to have cleared, or who they think they/their partners would target, etc. It just sets up a ****TON of WIFOM for later.

He asks the Q's here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9046615&postcount=282

And I respond to my part here (near the end of the post, after the quote): http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9088872&postcount=425

But I never get a response from my counter questions. Kevin claims to "still be digesting" the info he got from the questions, despite claiming he didn't get nearly enough responses earlier, AND the fact that I wanted to continue conversation with him regarding the questions and he didn't even respond yet. Seems like stalling or just refusal to follow up on what used to be his driving point in the game.

Also didn't like him saying this: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9047146&postcount=290

Almost as if he was trying to distance himself from an obv. Marsh incap. WIFOM, but yeah.

And this (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9060980&postcount=360) Just seemed like pointless mudslinging. Not really sure what that was all about.

Overall I'm getting a more scummy read on KevMo. Ronike flip may have a serious impact on that though.

McFox also piqued my interest on many occasions. Mostly his defense of Kevin and generally abrasive and non-involved comments have made me suspicious of him.

A few examples: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9025669&postcount=212
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9128840&postcount=526
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9115631&postcount=483

Wagon hopping, vote for ronike with no explanation and no follow up like he said he would, and then WIFOM accusation about the Marshy incap. Yuck.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9083585&postcount=413

And there's the ardent defense of KevMo. Too much for my comfort, especially, when I'm already suspicious of KevMo.

TBQH I'm not supportive of this Ronike lynch but since he's been hammered not much we can do at this point. If Ronike flips town, Kev, McFox and Kat all need to be seriously looked at.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
In all seriousness, if you are town Ronike, then d***. At least we stand a good chance of catching scum tomorrow.

Also, frozen (and anyone else), I'm still waiting to see how Kevin's questions led to the incaps from N1. We can see all of Kev's questions (who they were addressed to and what they contained), we know the incaps from N1 (we don't know of any overlap, but we know there were at least 3), and we know that scum can't communicate outside of this thread. Given that information, it should be possible to show how Kev's questions led to the incaps from N1.

At the very least, everyone throwing suspicious on Kev for his questions should at least make an attempt to do so. It's easy to say it was scummy (and that I'm scummy by backing him up in a sense), it's another thing entirely to actually prove (or even attempt to prove) your case. I have yet to see anything against Kev that was more than an accusation, and I've seen Kev do this plenty of times before: posing questions to everyone. Therefor, unless someone can show me HOW it was scummy, I stand by what I've said previously.

Additionally, to frozen, saying that I didn't follow up with my vote on Ronike is just a flat-out lie. I've spent almost the entire Day going after Ronike. If I was wrong then so be it, I deserve to be scrutinized for leading a mislynch. But don't try and say that I didn't explain myself. Even a cursory glance at the topic will show that to be false.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Agreed, Frozen you've been entirely worthless this game. Most of that stuff was either a recap, or flat out wrong.

Again I DARE someone to make a case on how I'm scummy, if you want to waste a mislynch by all means go for it but you're all so ****ing tunneled on it being scummy without a single one of you mentioning why.

marshy said it so it must be true mirite

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I hope this post isn't long! That's a good case against me FF... but the vyse wagon point is a bit of no go because so many people easily wagoned there. The wagoners had a common interest in voting an inactive to avoid a no lynch, was an explanation really necessary?

When Pythag voted me during my wagon... I thought he ignored my large post and went for me regardless. I saw this as a sign of things to come from other players... it was because I ninja'd him. I never knew this though. That's why I emergency claimed... it was useless, I didn't really know what else to do aside from directly call out my alignment.

Ronike/Mcfox pairing isn't random to me at all. Mayling was never out of the blue, I said I felt uncomfortable with her at the start of D2 far before I even got wagoned. I have lots of posting space... I should still be able to defend and post my suspicions in a single post.

As for my omgus post - I thought Marshy was being a tad bit dangerous towards me there. It was like... because marshy voted, everyone sheepishly followed. Apparently Marshy has good success in finding scum, so it's understandable people will follow. But I don't like getting wrongfully lynched. I thought an incap starting a wagon would be a good platform for scum to ride on. The situation made me want to say my suspicions louder than the wagon against me to be honest.

Oh and me dumbing myself down and getting coached..... seriously? Xiivi brought that point up based on grammy's mafia, my first game. I actually had no clue what I was meant to be doing!

_

Mayling I have a post for you. Xiivi ninja'd me with the hammer when I previewed. I'll copy and paste it. I thought we had to stop posting after the hammer but I guess not. @Tom: I was going to uncap handorin - even though it won't count now, I'll leave that info in there.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Thankyou mayling.

If I were scum, what would have REALLY been easier for me to do?

Defending S2 and getting attacked (from what I've seen, chances are someone will attack you for defending someone else)... or nodding my head and saying "yes, yes marshy I agree let's get s2 teehee"? (Or rather I guess at that point, I woulda just stayed quiet and hope Marshy led a wagon on him.)
The answer is both in blue and green to me. Though my claim is based around the blue side of things, it isn't solely as you've surmised it here.

Where was my "outburst" against Frozenflame/Chaco?
#580, linked in my above post if you need to find it. However it was directed at solely me, I realised chaco was quoted alongside myself though you were telling him that I set you up.

Uhm. Yes?(I'm confused a little by this question.)

Okay, do you feel scum set you up so there's a possibility a townie may come in and question you?

The only way the questions could blend anything is if they were answered.
Right... so there was a clear distinction between players that did and those that didn't. What do you feel about this distinction? That was my question.

I'm only curious, which is why I'm pressing you on it mayling.

_

[Uncap: handorin because it would be pretty ****ing interesting to have him around some more] <-- Tom you can ignore this I just wanted to keep it in there.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Blah I've really fallen behind in this game>_> I'm gonna get caught up and put somethin hopefully good together soon as I have a chance to do so.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Uncap Count:
[9] The Marsh King (Handorin, Pythag, KevinM, Chaco, Gheb_01, Ronike, Circus, Frozenflame751, McFox)
[2] Macman (Xiivi, Cello_Marl)
[0] Handorin ()

[5] Not Uncapping (Mayling, The Marsh King, Mediocre, Macman, Mentosman8, Kataefi)

Vote Count:
[9] Ronike (Chaco, Macman, The Marsh King, McFox, Cello_Marl, Gheb_01, Handorin, KevinM, Xiivi)
[5] Not Voting (mentosman8, Kataefi, frozenflame751, Rockin, Pythag)
[1] Kataefi (Mayling)
[1] Chaco (Ronike)
[1] Cello_Marl (Circus)
[0] KevinM ()
[0] Xiivi ()
[0] Mayling ()
[0] Gheb_01 ()
[0] mentosman8 ()
[0] Rockin ()
[0] Circus ()
[0] frozenflame751 ()
[0] McFox ()
[0] Handorin ()
[0] Macman ()
[0] Pythag ()

A arm reached to the ground, and the hand of the pizza chef met it in clasp. He was raised to his feet and his wounds were wrapped and treated. "The blood... is a like a Ragu... there a so much a blood..."

"You'll be fine, now."

The Marsh King has been collectively revived from incapacitation!

"I guess that means we're out, big man. Say goodbye to your vest," the black man joked.

"Don't worry, Coach-" the large, brawny man chuckled, coughing up blood. "Where I'm going, I won't need a vest anymore."

Macman and Handorin have bled out!

Many wept for their fallen comrades while the others continued their debate.

"You know what I'm sick of? That god **** pied piper."

"Look, man, that was just a joke."

"Whatever, buddy. You're next."

The debate continued, and the young IT worker continued to agitate his fellow survivors. They slowly surrounded him, opened the hatch door, and then quickly showed him the way. He brushed off his blood spattered white shirt suit and grimly stepped through the hatch, blasting at the infected with his sub machine gun. The hatch closed.

They listened to his screams as he killed zombies and made his way away from the door, and the noises slowly stopped. He had made it out of earshot alive... would he make it off the boat alive? Doubtful. No, impossible.

Ronike, a survivor, has been lynched.

Day 2 ends. Night 2 begins. Infected night actions are due in 48 hours. Thanks for your patience.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Another gruesome night, but a change of plans. Tonight they would keep the lights on the guard party so that they could not be attacked by the hidden infected. The positioned one flood light at the barred door, one by their stash of weapons and ammo, and one by the guard party. Sadly, they overlooked that this formation left the makeshift medical area unguarded.

Everyone awoke to familiar Italian screaming, and noticed The Marsh King and those who were on medical duty had been attacked!

The blood, it a pours out a me like ragu.

The Marsh King has been incapacitated!

Next to him on the ground was a chiseled beefcake soap-opera actor. You recognize his famous face and features... except they are now drenched in blood.

Chaco has been incapacitated!

And finally, a third victim... a young, black television news reporter. She had death in her eyes... was it already too late for her?

Kataefi has been incapacitated!

Only one of these confirmed townies can be saved - the other two will die with your lynch target and lose!

Uncap Count:
[0] Chaco
[0] Kataefi
[0] The Marsh King

[14] Not Uncapping (Chaco, Mayling, mentosman8, The Marsh King, Circus, Xiivi, Gheb_01, Pythag, Kataefi, frozenflame751, KevinM, Cello_Marl, Mediocre, McFox)

Vote Count:
[14] Not Voting (Chaco, Mayling, mentosman8, The Marsh King, Circus, Xiivi, Gheb_01, Pythag, Kataefi, frozenflame751, KevinM, Cello_Marl, Mediocre, McFox)
[0] mentosman8 ()
[0] Xiivi ()
[0] Mediocre ()
[0] Circus ()
[0] frozenflame751 ()
[0] KevinM ()
[0] Kataefi ()
[0] Cello_Marl ()
[0] Gheb_01 ()
[0] McFox ()
[0] Pythag ()
[0] Mayling ()
[0] Chaco ()
[0] The Marsh King ()

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to uncap and 8 to lynch!

Day 3 begins!
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, January 20th, Noon EST!

The Marsh King

Marshy|Karthik_King
i think its better for me/chaco/kat to not give our thoughts on who to uncap til later in the day. thoughts on this?

also dont think town should take the do-nothing-and-sheep-the-clears-at-deadline approach

more later

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Main suspicions are still frozen, mentos, circus and kevin.

Vote Circus

More later

:059:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Funny, and I thought Kat was looking scummy for his exchange with Mayling early (among other things). I'll have to go back and reexamine that.

Also, not that I need to point this out, but it's definitely looking like we have 3 maf instead of 4 as was the assumption. Still possible that there was an overlapping incap for a second time, but there's currently no reason to assume that over the evidence that's right in front of us.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, first and formost, I want to talk about the lynches that has come up

D1 lynch: Vyse

I felt the lynch here was semi reasonable, only cause they want to remove a lurker/inactive. Even though he came up town, it still sucks regardless as I felt we've gained little info from that lynch. With the long amount of V/LA on him, a replacement could've been in order, but oh well.

D2 Lynch: Ronike

I can't help but feel Ronike really didn't deserve a lynch. I think several/a lot were just being a bit sensitive to some of the words he have said. There were other possible other lynches that could've happen (Gheb is one of them). I felt Ronike was really doing his best to benefit town and others were just either not co-operating with him correctly.

I find the night result to be somewhat odd on N1, mostly cause Hando was in the scene. Not to say that he's either good or bad, but his playstyle from previous games would've been good to not hit. It'd just give maf a extra wrench to throw at to town. It's starting to make me feel that whoever done Hando in (or at least, someone who has yet to really seen him play). It's probably reaching and I should be careful with this, but that's my mindset as the result. The newest line of Night kill results is also interesting, as both Chaco and Kat were chosen.

As far as suspects, I have a few in mind I wouldn't mind lynching off.

Xiivi - D1 he's been more bandwagon happy then contributing to the thread. He only did a small amount of contributes, but most of his posts were just leaning onto one bandwagon after another. I havn't seen him give out his thoughts to the main discussions that has been said (Ronike's take vs cirus, ronike vs mcfox, KevinM's questions, and so on).D2 he's been SLIGHTLY better, but I still have him on radar as scum

Gheb - similar to Xiivi, but has just been playing activity police. He's only been bulling the inactives. I don't think I remember him really contributing to the discussion, but has been going against a few people here and there. Also someone I need to watch out for.

KevinM - Not really town, but not really scummy either. I feel he's neutral atm, but he's slowly leaning onto scummy by...10%. D1 he's been really vocal and has shown a drive to scumhunting. D2 he's been a bit more quiet. None of his latest post has shown a progress report (a Willing progress report) on the questionaires. I don't find his questionaire really scummy, but it's hard for me to find it any use for town. I'll have a small favor to ask of him once I'm done with the scum listing

Frozenflame - I'm mainly just suspicious of him due to the fact he has yet to be targeted. Everyone and their mom knows how lethal FF is in terms of scumhunting and with him as town that would really ruin plans for maf. I also noticed that he's only given out two big contributing posts only at the time when it's near deadline/time to lynch. Hopefully D3 will be a bit better.

Everyone else seems a bit neutral, including Cirus. I was suspicious of Kat at first, due to how he's been reacting and Xiivi's comment about him being nervous scum without communication would be a good fit to him. However, as proven, he's town, so I guess I got nothing to worry about.

Now I got a few questions for everyone

Mentos, KevinM, Frozenflame: Tell me why you yourself have yet to been targeted by scum?

KevinM, are you still digesting those questions? If you are, can you please give us a progress report with each post you make? (using percentage) It would really help.

Chaco, Kat, why do you feel you've been targeted?

BTW, I thank you all for giving me some time to catch up with this game. It hasn't been a cake walk LOL. If you have any questions to ask me, go right ahead.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think they are trying to be diverse, the smarter mafiats, and try to broaden their kills and not double up.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
First Handorin. Now me! Isn't there a pattern that Mayling wants her doubters gone?

Maybe that's too simple though... then again I'd second guess simple motives can be easily forgotten amongst all the crazy **** thrown around. I really don't know =( This is the point where I'd go and make a little tree of who didn't like who just so everything's a bit clearer.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Something else occurs to me: how do you people expect Kevin to have been able to take anything significant away from his questionairre. Are you all forgetting thy almost all of you refused to answer the questions? Honestly, I'm not tying to fight Kev's battles for him, and I'm not even saying that Kev is town. But the amount that people are tunneling on these questions without 1) even TRYING to show how they are scummy, and 2) remembering that it's impossible for Kev to have learned anything useful from them because you were all so quick to join the "that's scummy" train that the only person to really answer their quetion honestly was me.

Also

Rockin said:
Everyone and their mom knows how lethal FF is in terms of scumhunting and with him as town that would really ruin plans for maf.
Yeah, FF's been super-helpful so far. His latest big write-up (which took place during yesterDay's twilight) was filled with unhelpful and just plain incorrect information.

Vote: Frozenflame

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tunneling Kat is tunneling

First Handorin. Now me! Isn't there a pattern that Mayling wants her doubters gone?

Maybe that's too simple though... then again I'd second guess simple motives can be easily forgotten amongst all the crazy **** thrown around. I really don't know =( This is the point where I'd go and make a little tree of who didn't like who just so everything's a bit clearer.
You must think I'm REALLY REALLY stupid...

I was in NO danger from your accusations.

You being incapped ONLY puts me in a bad light since we were the ones going back and forth... not to mention you were tunneling me pretty bad. Not to mention, remember that YOU were the one looking scummy after our exchange. If I were scum, why would I go out of my way to clear you, instead of trying to make you the lynch target?

Kat, look at the big picture. DUH I'm being set up.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mayling, do you still get pro-town vibes from Cello? What do his last couple of posts say to you? You recently said (I'll look up the post if you really want me to), that he made himself painfully obviously town. Does he normally play like this?
I didn't have time to answer this because I thought we couldn't talk after the lynch, and I didn't want to break any rules.

At this point, I still think Cello is pro-town despite all the weird things he's done. (Try harder Cello.)

However, at this point, he may be riding on the fact he'll think I'll defend him.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
You must think I'm REALLY REALLY stupid...

I was in NO danger from your accusations.

You being incapped ONLY puts me in a bad light since we were the ones going back and forth... not to mention you were tunneling me pretty bad. Not to mention, remember that YOU were the one looking scummy after our exchange. If I were scum, why would I go out of my way to clear you, instead of trying to make you the lynch target?

Kat, look at the big picture. DUH I'm being set up.
WIFOM much? This would be the perfect defense for scum.
Why would I incap you if that would ONLY make me look bad?

In other news, I don't know if Mcfox is right to suspect FF. FF completely turned the tide D1, and gave the town direction. Why on earth would he not capitalize on this if he was maf?
I can also see his point of view, we do expect more of FF, but I dunno.

Also, I'm suspecting Gheb more that I reread (again!). It's easy to look "pro-town" and all "Hey, I'm trying to encourage discussion" but really, going after lurkers and AFK's is really easy to do. It seems that every other post you do is just complaining about the lack of posts. That really isn't helpful. Hiding behind the ruse that you're trying to spur discussion, while complaining about the lack of discussion really doesn't do anything but make you look active. It also kinda gets you off the hook.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I saw us floundering for a lynch, and he gave us one. Nicely packaged.
Granted, he since really hasn't done much, so I dunno. I'm just kinda playing devil's advocate for FF.
My 2 cents, if you will.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lmfao @ people accusing me of not contributing. I've been behind like every fkn wagon in this fkn game but this fkn town is filled up with pussies who coast around and then sheep incappeds because of their horrible failure to scunhunt ALL GAME. Meanwhile I have brought LEGITIMATE cases about Circus and Mentosman which were completely ignored and then people turn around and accuse me of "only bullying inactives". That's just a flat out lie.

Pythag you haven't done shit in terms of scumhunting so you shouldn't complain about me when I actually did. Rockin you obviously didn't read my posts carefully or you're just plain unable to see the blatantly obvious.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Pythag said:
I saw us floundering for a lynch, and he gave us one. Nicely packaged.
Uh, a nicely packaged townie? Yeah, I'm real grateful for that.

And also lol at Gheb touting that he's been behind every wagon. Uh, every dead person is a townie? Perhaps I'm missing something here, but from my perspective we aren't actually doing very well right now. Granted, I've contributed to that, but then, I'm not going around saying that we've done anything really good so far.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
uncap: Kataefi Plan on changing uncap vote as I see fit throughout the day, until I'm convinced I should stay where I am. Much like voting, I think uncap def should be used this way as opposed to uncap scramble bandwagon at beginning or end of day. Don't think clears should ever use their uncap vote on each other. All of you should want to uncap yourself, so none of you uncap voting is equivalent to all of you voting to uncap yourselves so either all of you uncap yourselves or don't uncap at all. Non-clears should be the only thing influencing this.

vote: Gheb Circus also good option, but 755 is just so awful. KevinM/McFox good options but Gheb/Circus are much better. Circus buddy-buddy Gheb let's end of day quicklynch another inactive like we did Vyse was pointless. Circus also was voting Cello pointlessly for like 50% of Day 1.

still V/LA

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm V/LA and the big post I was gonna post D2 I wasn't able to I was unable to post because Tom ended twilight. It's saved on my desktop at home. I'm gonna try to get my little brother to email to me so I can post it from my laptop.

It features KevMo and McFox pretty heavily though. I'll try to get it up today. Sorry all.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Lmfao @ people accusing me of not contributing. I've been behind like every fkn wagon in this fkn game but this fkn town is filled up with pussies who coast around and then sheep incappeds because of their horrible failure to scunhunt ALL GAME. Meanwhile I have brought LEGITIMATE cases about Circus and Mentosman which were completely ignored and then people turn around and accuse me of "only bullying inactives". That's just a flat out lie.

Pythag you haven't done shit in terms of scumhunting so you shouldn't complain about me when I actually did. Rockin you obviously didn't read my posts carefully or you're just plain unable to see the blatantly obvious.

Those underlines are about -all- of what you did thus far. I havn't seen you really speak your opinion in terms of what's been mainly said (in terms of what Ronike's been saying as well as other stuff). Even if we count the cases you put up, most of those have already been said by others (the case with Mentos pointing out the breadcrumb was you voting on him, but then that wasn't much needed IMO). And as you know, wagoning /=/ contribute for town. I've obviously been reading, but you've obviously been little help.

Xiivi - Recap Kat plz. I like Marshy's plan on letting the incapped earn their spots of being uncapped. Plus, it'll make them be less discouraged (like when Mac and Hando were). We can start uncapping them at Jan 13 (that way, we won't be scrambling).

Top Bottom