• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Left 4 Scum] Game Over: Scum Win

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
If your looking for an absolute, I can't give it to you, because the fact is simply:
I get a scum vibe from you.

Also, marshy is a well touted scum hunter, he's proven clear and he's voting you. Seems like it's pretty reasonable.

I like how your arguments against the two people voting for you is essentially name calling. Classy.

The Marsh King

Marshy|Karthik_King
reread this through AGAIN. expect better post later tonight or tomorrow. just for reference:

final d1 votecount said:
Vote Count:
[10] Vyse (Ronike, The Marsh King, Circus, Xiivi, Gheb_01, Pythag, Kataefi, frozenflame751, KevinM, Cello_Marl)
[4] Not Voting (Chaco, Mayling, Macman, mentosman8)
[1] mentosman8 (Mediocre)
[1] Ronike (McFox)
[1] Xiivi (Handorin)
[1] Mediocre (Vyse)
early d2 uncap wagon said:
[10] The Marsh King (Circus, Ronike, Gheb_01, Xiivi, Handorin, Pythag, KevinM, Mentosman8, Chaco, Kataefi)

[7] Not Uncapping (Mayling, The Marsh King, frozenflame751 Cello_Marl, Mediocre, McFox, Macman)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Rockin replaces Mediocre. Thank you, Rockin.

vote count tomorrow. birthday johns

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
hey guys, I know this may be asking for a bit much, but I need to do a re-read of the thread starting tomorrow (cause I have to go to work). Hopefully you guys will be nice to give me that much time to catch up.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Would be down for a Ronike lynch.

Especially since knowing i'm town if he's just going to tunnel with his 99 percent bull**** he's only going to be a hinderance.

Also everytime I see someone throw out the huge percent positive games, they're either wrong and eat their words, or scum themselves.

unvote
Vote Ronike

The Marsh King

Marshy|Karthik_King
4. frozenflame751
7. Kataefi
13. mentosman8
15. Ronike

some of the more suspect. frozen sucks hard and always makes promises but never follows through (failed to tell us his read on circus d1 when he promised. has failed to do anything d2 like he promised. has failed to give us his analysis of the gheb wagon). kat is just scummity scum. i dont think he's said much of scumhunting value and i see him as an active lurker. mentos for pointing out breadcrumbs d1. ronike for the walls mcfox posted d1

kat/ronike would be my choices and wagoning these guys would be pretty sweet

unvote gheb vote kat

The Marsh King

Marshy|Karthik_King
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

think itd be better if we uncap'd people based on their contributions to this game and have discussions based on that. hando and macman have little reason to even look at this thread with the way my uncapping went today which is horrible because the ideal situation is for me to cooperate with them on who to lynch while we force the town to take stances. instead they have both become apathetic and arent being as proactive as they should to make the right choice. huge mistake and watch for people who demoralize incapped people similarly in the coming days

ive considered the early d2 uncap wagon at which point i had enough people uncapping me to keep me alive. think people should use that data later on because the way i was uncapped favored scum bigtime. i was wrong on both sold2 and macman

final d1 votecount said:
Vote Count:
[10] Vyse (Ronike, The Marsh King, Circus, Xiivi, Gheb_01, Pythag, Kataefi, frozenflame751, KevinM, Cello_Marl)
[4] Not Voting (Chaco, Mayling, Macman, mentosman8)
[1] mentosman8 (Mediocre)
[1] Ronike (McFox)
[1] Xiivi (Handorin)
[1] Mediocre (Vyse)
early d2 uncap wagon said:
[10] The Marsh King (Circus, Ronike, Gheb_01, Xiivi, Handorin, Pythag, KevinM, Mentosman8, Chaco, Kataefi)

[7] Not Uncapping (Mayling, The Marsh King, frozenflame751 Cello_Marl, Mediocre, McFox, Macman)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Vote Xiivi for president.
Make sure to press it forward with bold resolve!

The Marsh King

Marshy|Karthik_King
hando/macman: know you guys think ronike is scum and that hando also suspects xiivi. who else's lynch would you support? think the ideal situation is for our suspicions to line up and pressure those we think are scummy

a lot of the more questionable players are on the early d2 uncap wagon. good info for later and we should use uncap counts to enhance scumhunting

Ronike

Smash Ace
Marshy, how is kevin not on your scum list? You went from thinking the questions were hella scummy, to all the sudden hes not even on your scumlist? Explain.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Liking Marshy's suspect list a lot more now. I'm still down for a mentos/ronike wagon though I'm leaning more Circus now for his constant buddying. Always OK with wagoning coasters (Kat, Frozen, Mayling, Cello, ...) because they're still soaking up tons of discussion.

:059:

The Marsh King

Marshy|Karthik_King
Marshy, how is kevin not on your scum list? You went from thinking the questions were hella scummy, to all the sudden hes not even on your scumlist? Explain.
oh yeah. also highly suspect. still vastly prefer kat and suggest you drum up his wagon with/for me

for what it's worth my gut is telling me ronike is town while logic says scum. meh. we should def kill kat today because hes scum

Liking Marshy's suspect list a lot more now. I'm still down for a mentos/ronike wagon though I'm leaning more Circus now for his constant buddying. Always OK with wagoning coasters (Kat, Frozen, Mayling, Cello, ...) because they're still soaking up tons of discussion.
this is why i thought you were scummy. okay with frozen/kat but cello/mayling? theyve barely been suspected (for what i think is good reason for now) but you put them on your list anyway. keeping your options open

The Marsh King

Marshy|Karthik_King
MORE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

• don't wait til a few days before deadline to wagon/lynch someone. it leads to apathy where people think the first week-and-a-half of day is a waste of time while the last quarter of the day is time to wagon someone. that makes for a boring a game, an uninvolved town, and a scum win
  • think the 3 clears should think of this as a variant of kingmakers where they discuss with each other and lead the town. "leading the town" includes provoking responses out of dudes, forcing people to take stances and drumming up and pushing wagons. they know theyre not being manipulated when coordinating together

The Marsh King

Marshy|Karthik_King
If we're assuming there is four scum, then wouldn't we want to un-incap someone other than Marsh king? I mean, I see what you're saying, but if we un-incap Macman or Hando, assuming Marshy has two incaps on him, then they have to incap Macman/Hando twice. They have more of a "buffer zone" than Marsh King does if there's four scum and Marshy got hit twice.
what do people think of this? def more responses to this idea. thinking macman as the better uncap choice when it comes to forcing scum to jump through hoops

do people think i should give my full list of reads?

more kat votes

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ok, good to know about Kevin.

I agree with both for future references (along with the previously mentioned "don't jump the uncap gun tomorrow" business).

About Mayling's idea, I really do think that you were not incapped twice. If I had to pick, I'd say Hando was incapped twice. But also, keep in mind that scum also does not know who was incapped twice, so they are going to be scrambling just as we are to figure it out. That's not even counting the possibility that there are only 3 scum. So I still think you are the best uncap choice.

I think all the not uncapped clears should give their list of reads at day end before they die. Now of course, since apparently people don't understand team play, this obviously won't work too well as people won't cooperate, so maybe at the start of the day whoever is incapped should give their suspects. But anyways, my answer is if you are willing to tell us if you die, wait until you die, and if you aren't going to cooperate if you don't get uncapped, well then telling us your reads can only help you.

For the record, I still think there are plenty of other more suspicious players, but Kat is less of a n00b that she lets on methinks. Definetely not a new scum tho if she is, as she was partnered with a vet or two in grammys. Yada yada, blah blah blah. Vote: Kataefi

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
this is why i thought you were scummy. okay with frozen/kat but cello/mayling? theyve barely been suspected (for what i think is good reason for now) but you put them on your list anyway. keeping your options open
I'm not selectively keeping those options open - they are already there. In a game with so many players it makes sense to have many options, doesn't it? We have 17 living players and we will have 14 tomorrow if we lynch. That's still a lot. We're guaranteed to get info toMorrow and we still have plenty of inactives to integrate into this game even after lynching Vyse.

Unvote Vote Kataefi

:059:

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ugh, I know Kataefi is a guy, but the whole katae keeps throwing me off... Really don't mean to insult you or anything kat, honestly

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
So Ronike, you had 4 suspects, and everyone expects their to be 4 scum. Now you're voting for someone who's not one of your suspects. So my question is, who are you wrong about?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I'm a ****stain coaster right now. Feel free to hate.

I'm a lost puppy. Down to lynch Kat if he's the general consensus for a lynch or just follow the incapped trium.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Oooo this is interesting. I've been following up on this thread but haven't had a good chance to post something lengthy. My wagon's a big surprise to me. Firstly:

Ronike... I AM GUY :mad: Hope that's simple enough!

un-uncap: marshy... a dangerous town player. I'm getting wagoned for 'scummity scum reasons'... definitely decisive!

Firstly: lots of coasters here, not just me. Lots of people not actively scumhunting. Lots of inactivity and wagoning. Let's take a look --> Mediocre's made 5 posts lmao... I'd quite like to hear Rockin's impressions of the game first before I rush into anything. If anyone's even considering lynching me based on lurking then I really don't know what to say.

I'd quite to hear Ronike's seemingly empty metagame case and the such... what exactly is the purpose of it? What ideas have you proven, what ideas are you assuming? I'd quite like to hear a town reason for Kevin addressing everyone directly and thus addressing actual scum members. How anyone can't find this suspicious is beyond me...

There are far more interesting points to consider and address than lynching myself toDay. I'll say a few things:

Ronike/Mcfox... one needs to be lynched. What better way for scum to communicate subtleties in a game like this than a fabricated argument, especially one this dragged out. Ronike has more ties to other players, they'll be a lot to work on no matter the flip. If Ronike = scum, what scum purpose is there for him to prolong his fight with Mcfox? Ronike = town, his dominance is justified... we can now look at those that made him a scapegoat and brought him down. Saying that, Ronike really isn't one of my suspicions at all, but the ping-poing debate is interesting to me and I'd like to look beneath the surface of it.

I don't think anyone's paid attention to Mayling. Very defensive outburst against myself and frozenflame, what with her swift vote and the fact I didn't actually accuse her(?) of anything. - A good trade of information with Kevin #335 especially with the lovely analysis on S2... #359/#368 ties her directly to the incaps. Very strange for Handorin to get incapped, Handorin would have been S2... and S2 has had experience with Mayling in the past. That's my little deduction of suspicion there. I've got many more points on this case, I'm not revealing everything now. I would like to hear Mayling's thoughts on:

- The three incaps
- Thoughts specifically on Kevin, Chaco and Circus!

NOTE: I'm not accusing you of being scum... but I am suspicious. Be detailed!

@Macman: I stereotyped you, sorry. I'll explain at the end of the game. A lot of people uncapped you, I was sheepish and joined in. Not much more I can say but note I wasn't quick to uncap you at all. Look elsewhere, you think I'm scum because of that wagon, I actually felt pro-town because of it. Common interests just different methods, but I admit and agree mine was the bigger mistake in the long run to uncap early. I will be uncapping at the end of Day next time, that is if I'm still alive, and I hope to be.

@Everyone: Ask me lots of questions...! I really don't want to be lynched.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
How lovely! Thanks Pythag :) At this rate I'll be a goner. Here's my claim:

Tom said:
You are a survivor, a television news reporter who views the zombie apocalypse as the biggest break you could ever have, if anyone were still around to care.

You win the game if you are still alive when all infected persons have been killed.
How desperate of me to say this... I'm definitely town, please don't hammer me, I have cases I want questioned and resolved.

I know exactly what my wagoners will say, (especially you scum wagoners seeking this moment as a wonderful predatory opportunity), so I'll say in advance... 18 players, lots of players, chances are if I faked my role PM I might end up having a similar or identical 'role'. News reporter is a popular role let's be honest, I ask... anyone out there who is a news reporter or has a role PM very similar to mine go right ahead and counter my claim.

If Tom didn't quote a role PM in the OP I would have had a VERY good case in my defence right now.
_

Despite saying all this... I still want people to reply to my other post to ease my suspicions :)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Marsh... I just realised... at the bottom of my big post where it says @Macman... that's meant to read @Marshy. I was meant to be addressing you there. That's my mistake, sorry.

The Marsh King

Marshy|Karthik_King
looked back and saw that deadline's in like 5 days. guess kat can live today. don't trust hando/macman to really give me their thoughts on who else to lynch and build a good wagon by then so

unvote vote ronike

cuz all 3 of us see him as a good lynch

Ronike

Smash Ace
Haha, good ole hydra disagreement, am I right marsh, or can you really change your mind that fast?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Posting mostly just avoid prod, but vote Ronike

I'm rereading the thread now, and may or may not post after I do.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oooo this is interesting. I've been following up on this thread but haven't had a good chance to post something lengthy. My wagon's a big surprise to me. Firstly:
You've been following up, but didn't have a good chance to post until you got a significant amount of votes on you. Interesting... and convenient!

Ronike... I AM GUY :mad: Hope that's simple enough!

un-uncap: marshy... a dangerous town player. I'm getting wagoned for 'scummity scum reasons'... definitely decisive!

Firstly: lots of coasters here, not just me. Lots of people not actively scumhunting. Lots of inactivity and wagoning. Let's take a look --> Mediocre's made 5 posts lmao... I'd quite like to hear Rockin's impressions of the game first before I rush into anything. If anyone's even considering lynching me based on lurking then I really don't know what to say.
Mediocre's getting a replacement . that doesn't make mediocre a coaster. makes him GONE.

I'd quite to hear Ronike's seemingly empty metagame case and the such... what exactly is the purpose of it? What ideas have you proven, what ideas are you assuming? I'd quite like to hear a town reason for Kevin addressing everyone directly and thus addressing actual scum members. How anyone can't find this suspicious is beyond me..
Ronike already said he almost presented most of his meta case and that he was mainly digging for reactions. Good job keeping up. :)

There are far more interesting points to consider and address than lynching myself toDay. I'll say a few things:

Ronike/Mcfox... one needs to be lynched. What better way for scum to communicate subtleties in a game like this than a fabricated argument, especially one this dragged out. Ronike has more ties to other players, they'll be a lot to work on no matter the flip. If Ronike = scum, what scum purpose is there for him to prolong his fight with Mcfox? Ronike = town, his dominance is justified... we can now look at those that made him a scapegoat and brought him down. Saying that, Ronike really isn't one of my suspicions at all, but the ping-poing debate is interesting to me and I'd like to look beneath the surface of it.

I don't think anyone's paid attention to Mayling. Very defensive outburst against myself and frozenflame, what with her swift vote and the fact I didn't actually accuse her(?) of anything. - A good trade of information with Kevin #335 especially with the lovely analysis on S2... #359/#368 ties her directly to the incaps. Very strange for Handorin to get incapped, Handorin would have been S2... and S2 has had experience with Mayling in the past. That's my little deduction of suspicion there. I've got many more points on this case, I'm not revealing everything now. I would like to hear Mayling's thoughts on:

- The three incaps
- Thoughts specifically on Kevin, Chaco and Circus!

Where did I outburst versus frozenflame?

I made a swift vote because I basically predicted what your argument against me was going to be. I feel you are scum trying to set me up.

Also, look at it this way: I feel I am VERY good at reading my friends. I got pro vibes from S2 and Cello. Then, someone tries to launch a lynch on them. I defend them. Since I felt they were town... what did you expect me to do, after my opinion had been voiced and known? Sit back and watch someone I felt was townie die? ... ****, I shoulda done THAT. That woulda made me a GREAT townie!

I've known S2 for about 1.5 years now and Cello all my life... I feel like I've gotten pretty good at reading them. (S2 makes it painfully obvious when he's scum. Cello made it painfully obvious he was town.)

If you had these thoughts/feelings why didn't you post them sooner? But you only decided to post your accusations when you got votes on you. So what I'm getting is that you waited to use this information to try and redirect attention from yourself onto another when you got votes on you. Interesting.

Not to dodge your questions:

Incaps:
I only really have opinions on the Hando/S2 incap, and like I've mentioned, I feel it's because they were trying to set me up.

KevinM: For a while I thought he was very scummy. I was worried to say anything because no one else was getting vibes (except Marshy I think who said he was scum or scum's best friend.) I feel with his questions he blended any sort of reasoning we could have included from the incaps, and that helped scum a lot.

Chaco/Circus: Neutral on them.

@Everyone: Ask me lots of questions...! I really don't want to be lynched.[/COLOR]
If I were scum, what would have REALLY been easier for me to do?
Defending S2 and getting attacked (from what I've seen, chances are someone will attack you for defending someone else)... or nodding my head and saying "yes, yes marshy I agree let's get s2 teehee"? (Or rather I guess at that point, I woulda just stayed quiet and hope Marshy led a wagon on him.)

How lovely! Thanks Pythag :) At this rate I'll be a goner. Here's my claim:

How desperate of me to say this... I'm definitely town, please don't hammer me, I have cases I want questioned and resolved.

I know exactly what my wagoners will say, (especially you scum wagoners seeking this moment as a wonderful predatory opportunity), so I'll say in advance... 18 players, lots of players, chances are if I faked my role PM I might end up having a similar or identical 'role'. News reporter is a popular role let's be honest, I ask... anyone out there who is a news reporter or has a role PM very similar to mine go right ahead and counter my claim.

If Tom didn't quote a role PM in the OP I would have had a VERY good case in my defence right now.
_

Despite saying all this... I still want people to reply to my other post to ease my suspicions :)
We already discussed how it's likely that Tom sent out faked roles to the scum... and Tom probably wouldn't give two similar roles to a scum and a zombie. I don't think this post helps your case at all.

Ok, good to know about Kevin.

I agree with both for future references (along with the previously mentioned "don't jump the uncap gun tomorrow" business).

About Mayling's idea, I really do think that you were not incapped twice. If I had to pick, I'd say Hando was incapped twice. But also, keep in mind that scum also does not know who was incapped twice, so they are going to be scrambling just as we are to figure it out. That's not even counting the possibility that there are only 3 scum. So I still think you are the best uncap choice.

I think all the not uncapped clears should give their list of reads at day end before they die. Now of course, since apparently people don't understand team play, this obviously won't work too well as people won't cooperate, so maybe at the start of the day whoever is incapped should give their suspects. But anyways, my answer is if you are willing to tell us if you die, wait until you die, and if you aren't going to cooperate if you don't get uncapped, well then telling us your reads can only help you.

For the record, I still think there are plenty of other more suspicious players, but Kat is less of a n00b that she lets on methinks. Definetely not a new scum tho if she is, as she was partnered with a vet or two in grammys. Yada yada, blah blah blah. Vote: Kataefi
Also I was wondering... what kind of ratio will the scum vs town have?
4 zombies.

At any rate, I think what are strategy, at least today, should be is just get through it as fast as we can. Tomorrow the zombies start incaping people and we know who's clear and who's not and we can start judging from there. The lack of communication helps us a ton, as even if the zombies try to communicate their hit plans, its just as visible to survivors as it is to zombies.

Thoughts?
I talked to tom about the game before it started and remember there being 4 infected.
Why did you change your mind on number of scum, Ronike?
Oh, can you explain why you think hando was the one incapped twice?

Ronike

Smash Ace
I talked to Tom again to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and he told me that he did tell me that there were 4 zombies, but that the game had undergone heavy revisions and therefore that may or may not be the case. I'm pretty sure I have shared this before. At any rate, I still think 4 is the likely number, but also think 3 is viable.

As to why I think hando was double incapped, well, I know a lot of scum players kill him because he's such a pain to play with for everyone and that combined with what I think are ideal incap situations, makes him the most likely to be incapped, and thus most likely to have attracted two incap votes.

Also FOS: Cello for voting me without reading and then saying he was going to read and then not post o_0 Ridiculous.

Also, Kat's claim is highly suspicious to me. Its not like Tom had a limited number of characters to draw from after all, and thus I think its unlikely he used this role as both the example and an actual role.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
So Ronike, you had 4 suspects, and everyone expects their to be 4 scum. Now you're voting for someone who's not one of your suspects. So my question is, who are you wrong about?
Also, to anyone who thought Kevin's questions were scummy (and this applies to a lot of you), please provide exactly how his questions led specifically to the incaps that happened last night, thanks.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Mcfox, thank-you.

O_O At Cello, you're placing a vote saying you're re-reading and then just aren't going to post.. odd?

More re reading after this.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, to anyone who thought Kevin's questions were scummy (and this applies to a lot of you), please provide exactly how his questions led specifically to the incaps that happened last night, thanks.
my problem is the questions blended any aspect of trying to figure out who did the incaps. sure, ronike and kat have some guesses, but imo it's just as easy to go back and create "setups" like I think kat is trying to do for me. i wasn't too sure what to make of the questions, which is why i didn't mind answering them and didn't post my thoughts on kevinm until specifically asked.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, I got ninja'd by Kat.
Unvote
@ McFox, asking people flat out who their 5 most suspicious people are, or who the 3 people they trust gives scum a wealth of information. They could keep the most suspicious people around, and target those that are trusted.
Look at ronike. Why wasn't he incapped last night? Because he's either scum, or Scum really likes having us toss his name back and forth because he's scummy.

This I know isn't a list stating that "Hey this is why Hando was incapped", but it was my reason for thinking they're semiscummy. I know I wasn't the most vocal opponent, but I felt like answering.
I reread all of D1 instead of just specific posts.
Vote Ronike
Too suspicious to keep around, we'll learn the most if he's gone.

Xiivi's post 181 REALLY caught my eye. I liked it a lot.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
my problem is the questions blended any aspect of trying to figure out who did the incaps. sure, ronike and kat have some guesses, but imo it's just as easy to go back and create "setups" like I think kat is trying to do for me. i wasn't too sure what to make of the questions, which is why i didn't mind answering them and didn't post my thoughts on kevinm until specifically asked.
What do you mean it's to easy to create set-ups, don't you think you can then use the questions being set-up on one person, perhaps compare them to a different question that another person answered and base things off of that discussion.

I think town SEVERELY failed by not answering all of those questions in as much detail as possible, I think we have limited ourselves not only information wise, but connection wise.

At this point I'm quite frankly extremely annoyed with how this game is going, I stand by the fact it feels like three different games to me right now.

We've got the Mcfox Ronike battle spanning two Days.

We've got the everyone call KevinM scum's best friend without ever realizing why, explaining why, trying to figure out the purpose of the questions, delving deeper into people's answers etc.

And the mafia game itself.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Ronike, I was going to vote for you anyway, so I went ahead and put it down.

Regardless,

Ronike said:
Also FOS: Cello for voting me without reading and then saying he was going to read and then not post o_0 Ridiculous.
KevinM said:
At Cello, you're placing a vote saying you're re-reading and then just aren't going to post.. odd?
Cello said:
I'm rereading the thread now, and may or may not post after I do.
I said "may or may not". Way to skip over a single line.

Top Bottom