• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Have fun in outer space NKB!

Thanks for the approval Knux and Asdioh! And Zeton, I thought that upsmash was the perfect example to get the song going for the rest of the combo video.

Now, first we get all the clips together, and then fancy it up some more. Maybe SCOTU would be willing to help me with Adobe After Effects? (If he doesn't mind.)
I haven't used AE in like, 3 years :( so I don't really remember too much, but whatever

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
hmm theres an arguement over trashtalk in my area,whats ur opinion on it? i dont care much for it,im usually really calm at tourneys(unless im doing mk dittos @_@_@_@_@_@) + you cant umad a umad master

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You guys

seriously

just watch it

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mi29XrtA7rg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mi29XrtA7rg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I've used Final Cut Pro, but the Adobe Suite combined I have to say is muuuch better. Everything you can do and more in FCP you can do in Premiere + AE, plus you have Photoshop and Fireworks integrated for custom graphics.

I just wish I knew how to properly utilize it all...

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
You guys

seriously

just watch it

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mi29XrtA7rg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mi29XrtA7rg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
Kage's too good.

Canada's only like allowed 1 good player per game, Kage for Melee, Ally for Brawl, other than that, Canada fails xD

No offense to Toronto Joe >.>

TKD

Smash Lord
Guys, tell me how to beat Wario. That match-up is easy as Snake, but I want to play more as Fox.

My ideas so far:
- Blaster at all moments none of his options can reach me.
- Walk away from him and utilt when he approaches.
- Nair counters a lot of his moves.
- Fair could interrupt him if he jumps near me too often.
- Dair the spot he'll air-dodge onto if he air-dodges near me too often.

It may be safe to attack Wario from above except for his Uair. Should I shine to bait it and then approach? Can Wario Nair Fox after blocking a fast-fall nair before Fox can block? I hope not, since he jumps slowly. We're also assuming I nair his backside so he can't shield-grab. What about edge-guarding? I don't do that to Wario. Do both nair and dair beat Wario's downB headbutt from above? I think they do.

Any tips? Which of these ideas are bad?
There is no Wario player in my region, so I've never learned the match-up.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I've actually been stuck having to play a really good Wario player multiple times in the tournaments I attend. SHTL is your best friend, as they always take damage even if they are airdodging towards you. Fair is also your best friend, because if you follow Wario's movement correctly, it beats anything they have.

Otherwise, your ideas seem pretty accurate. However, for a rule of thumb, I would generally avoid Wario's down-b at all costs.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
a useful thing is to tech the nair so u don't land on the ground and get fsmashed. fair and bair work well due to his lacking horizontal range. try not to be below him though because he has too many options. he can fall right on you shield with bite, poke with dair, and has the mobility to land on either side of you which leaves you guessing. be aware of the bike because you may actually pick it up trying to do a move, which is basically a free hit for wario.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Guys, tell me how to beat Wario. That match-up is easy as Snake, but I want to play more as Fox.

My ideas so far:
- Blaster at all moments none of his options can reach me.
- Walk away from him and utilt when he approaches.
- Nair counters a lot of his moves.
- Fair could interrupt him if he jumps near me too often.
- Dair the spot he'll air-dodge onto if he air-dodges near me too often.

It may be safe to attack Wario from above except for his Uair. Should I shine to bait it and then approach? Can Wario Nair Fox after blocking a fast-fall nair before Fox can block? I hope not, since he jumps slowly. We're also assuming I nair his backside so he can't shield-grab. What about edge-guarding? I don't do that to Wario. Do both nair and dair beat Wario's downB headbutt from above? I think they do.

Any tips? Which of these ideas are bad?
There is no Wario player in my region, so I've never learned the match-up.
OoS Fair (as in you Vs. Lucario video) works wonders against his floaty aerial game. Fair in general does really well against his air game, as does Nair, like you said.

Utilt beats almost everything, and should basically be abused.

you can shield an fsmash, then dash, and usmash him before his lag is over (It's tight timing, but it works).. and since Wario's seem to like fsmash, this is so nice. While I'm on that, you can punish any of his Smash attacks with relative ease.. so just watch for openings.

Of course punish air dodges, and laser a lot, as has been said.

Wario falls into a lot of BS combos for some reason.. Jab is a huge continuation tool, so try things out. I can't really be specific here, because I don't know why they work, but really, Wario is combo bait.

ok that's just general... now to answer your questions:

It may be safe to attack Wario from above except for his Uair. Should I shine to bait it and then approach?

Oh yeah... don't shine at his FH height, and you're fine. shine just above it to be safe. His uair is strong, but it doesn't last, so he'll have to Uair right on you... so if you bait, you can easily punish. If he stays on the wrong, Nair or Bair the back of his shield to be safest. His utilt will beat the Dair. or he could just shield to whatever

Can Wario Nair Fox after blocking a fast-fall nair before Fox can block? I hope not, since he jumps slowly. We're also assuming I nair his backside so he can't shield-grab.

Pretty sure he can't, but with proper spacing, I go to about 90% sure. I don't think it has the range to hit you. That would be an answer for frame data, though. if you are unsure, bair is the better choice (you can AC Bair hit wario), as you can outrange his grab from it.

What about edge-guarding? I don't do that to Wario.

Well, really, Wario can come back from almost anywhere, so it's tough. Fotunately, Fox can Dsmash to send him low, so you'll have a better chance. If you can land a good Dair near the edge or something where Wario HAS to use the bike somewhere near the stage, you can land one hit from a rising dair to kill him. it's risky, to some extent, but doable.

If he is recovering high, just watch for bair or fair hits... and punish his landing, as per usual.

Do both nair and dair beat Wario's downB headbutt from above? I think they do.

I really have no idea. I didn't think either of them did, but I really don't know.

The main problem I have with Wario is that stupid bite. It beats a lot of your stuff, so you have to watch for it. If he misses, he's a sitting duck, but you can't just expect to utilt wall him.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
ಠ_ಠ

Zhamy does not approve. Maybe if you pay for my flight there and back.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Take the money you're gonna give to Zhamy and give it to me. He hasn't attended any local tournaments, notably Genesis or R3, even though they're less than an hour away from where he lives.

Plus my Fox prolly sucks more.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Oh you silly kids and your transportation issues. Back in my day, we would walk 15 miles just to attend a local tournement!

Anyone wanna play Wifi? My dad took the computer and I really have nothing else to do. =/
Wii net is really annoying btw.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ಠ_ಠ

Zhamy does not approve. Maybe if you pay for my flight there and back.
Take the money you're gonna give to Zhamy and give it to me. He hasn't attended any local tournaments, notably Genesis or R3, even though they're less than an hour away from where he lives.

Plus my Fox prolly sucks more.
ohhhhh what's your excuse now, Zhamy?

I am coming to this.
Awesome! :D

sooo I got a haircut today. According to them, my last visit was 17 weeks ago.

:o

and wtf @ no comments about the Falco's Illusion cancel to upsmash :/

EDIT: WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT MY POST NUMBER?

Top Bottom