• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy is not the best in the game

ADHD

Smash Hero
YA'LL *****S IS SALTY!

I don't know where it came from, but it stemmed a few months back to discredit my wins or something.. and now it's been spreading.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hay gays he 3 bset.

[translation]
Diddy's 3rd best, stop taking tourney results from a SINGLE player as a reason to make the character seem better than he really is. Remember summer '09, when Ally appeared and bashed M2K's head in? Everyone was all "Snake's the best and MK's 2nd best", now look where Ally is and where M2K is, because of how M2K learned the MU with his
gay
character. Tourney results by a single person don't determine a character is better! Consistency by a good amount of players does, as well as proper theory (seriously, how many people compare MUs when asked "Who's the best between ____ and ____?'").

Stop with the hype and appreciate logic for once/ :mad:
[/translation]
lololololoollo

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
YA'LL *****S IS SALTY!

I don't know where it came from, but it stemmed a few months back to discredit my wins or something.. and now it's been spreading.
I started it, and I'm sure you know well enough that I would never try to discredit your wins, LMAO.

I didn't push it to where it is now though.

CO18

Smash Hero
Only like 2 people know how to fight diddy. And noone realizes adhd's gimmicks for some reason I dont know how many times Ima watch people fall right into them when I see it coming lul.

Smedwicks

Smash Cadet
I'm going to say Olimar is the best in the game, better than MK.

/waits for flames...

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Olimar is the best character on stage

Diddy is the best character on SV and FD

MK is the best character yup

edit:

Toon Link is the best character from the Zelda series

holypho

Smash Apprentice
greatness has great taste in 4minute =D. hyun ah doesn't dance that fast though

Diddy's really hard to kill i think. A character that manipulate you with bananas? I don't see how is approachable with the setups available to him that are known. Hez even built
to dodge or intercept his own bananas lol

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

On topic: Is Diddy good? **** yes. The best? I don't see it. Yet.
Dang, which video game is that!?! I've been trying to find the YT video of it since the first time I saw it I was literally rofl'ing so bad.

Diddy's not going to be best lol, only I think he might be contending for second, not merely because Diddy is good as much as Snake isn't what he's cracked out to be theoretically.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
When diddy has a bannana in his hand, he is the best character in the game. every other character's option against him (even mk), are limited to grabs, and even after the grab u trip on the banana so their is no follow up combo

holypho

Smash Apprentice
well the options i can think of are:

1. if diddy shoots a banana at you just grab it, throw it on the ground for some broken nuts
2.if the set up is near diddy, pick one up and create your own set up
3. if diddy throws it at you grab it and shield, this makes all your ariels usable,but if your mk you have your b moves.
4. bananas from the sky, grab one and use it, dont just let it drop on the floor
5. diddy's ledge stall is too good just let him get back up, but DO NOT GIVE HIM ENOUGH SPACE TO BANANA SETUP!

basically neutralize diddy's bananas by either using them in your own setups or don't let him setup.
i think it would be good to use diddy in practice and learn his setups so you can predict better what a diddy is going to do.

diddy is not the best in the game. he can't shield drop a banana like snake lol

solecalibur

Smash Master
Due to pound 4 people are thinking diddy is a counter to MK that doesn't make him the best because Diddy still has some bad MU's (Snake) It would nice to sort of nice to see the best character in the game be countered since we've been searching for one since the game started

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
diddy is going to be the best if people keep banning stages and make SV/BF/FD the neutrals :\

holypho

Smash Apprentice
Due to pound 4 people are thinking diddy is a counter to MK that doesn't make him the best because Diddy still has some bad MU's (Snake) It would nice to sort of nice to see the best character in the game be countered since we've been searching for one since the game started

i think snake slightly has the edge in this matchup, it really isn't a bad matchup, sure snakes has all his tilts, but the main adv. is being able to shield drop nades.

diddy is a dynamic character because he can approach with bananas very effective to cancel nades, i think dk throws the nades alot faster than snake too so that helps. Diddy can really "****" snake in the air... no joke

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Dang, which video game is that!?! I've been trying to find the YT video of it since the first time I saw it I was literally rofl'ing so bad.
It's called Muscle March.

Also no character that loses to Jigglypuff deserves to be the best character in the game.

solecalibur

Smash Master
i think snake slightly has the edge in this matchup, it really isn't a bad matchup, sure snakes has all his tilts, but the main adv. is being able to shield drop nades.

diddy is a dynamic character because he can approach with bananas very effective to cancel nades, i think dk throws the nades alot faster than snake too so that helps. Diddy can really "****" snake in the air... no joke
but snake as weight and diddy cant kill that weight till 130% unless snakes just stand on the edges of the stage stupidly

Saltix

Smash Lord
YA'LL *****S IS SALTY!

nobody is as salty as me for the record

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Snake almost always lives to 180-200% or longer against Diddy. And with proper DI Diddy can't kill Snake with any uncharged smashes or any other moves that's not a gimp (gimps are situational) at 130%. Snake kills Diddy with Utilt around 115%.

tocador

Smash Lord
It's called Muscle March.

Also no character that loses to Jigglypuff deserves to be the best character in the game.
MK cant be the best in game! Cause he loses(on fd/sv/bf) to the character that loses to jiglypuff D:!!!!!

And snake cant be the best character in the game, cause how can he be the best one and lose to a fat penguin?!?!?!?!?

No johns, diddy is in fact first or second best in game D:

Top Bottom