• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy is not the best in the game

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Look at the number of pikachus that do well!!!!!!!!!

O wait, there is only one....

And still, he is pretty high dont you think???
Look at the number of ROB/G&Ws that do well!!!!!!!!

O wait, they're so few...

Number of mains per character mean nothing to what position they're at in the tier list. Look at DK, he's got some great mainers right now yet no one talks about him going up. Look at Mario/Luigi/Kirby/other characters, they have multiple great mainers yet are lower on the tierlist. Tier positioning is due to how good a character is 'overall', which means taking all of their points and weighting them as a whole against the other characters, then listing them from 'rich' to 'poor'.

RATED

Smash Lord
You mean R.O.B. I'll assume.

I think Olimar's Grab attributes and setups make it slightly his favour.

If the Snake camps, that's another story.

Jabs and FTilts are also really helpful for any Snake player.
Snake can't outcamp olimar. that MU is Olis favor , is not that bad but's like 60-40 Olimarwins but I think it could go 55-45.

also Oli can punish Ftilt easily.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Snake can't outcamp olimar. that MU is Olis favor , is not that bad but's like 60-40 Olimarwins but I think it could go 55-45.

I agree.

I originally stated, and still think, it's 60:40 Olimar's favour due to the reasons you and I already established.

It still becomes around 55:45 when the Snake plays safe and camps, though.

But it's definitely not in Snake's favour.

Did you go to Pound 4?

RATED

Smash Lord
I agree.

I originally stated, and still think, it's 60:40 Olimar's favour due to the reasons you and I already established.

Did you go to Pound 4?
no, I had money johns and I had to spend a lot since I don't live at USA. I wished to go. maybe next big tourney like that I will try to go.

Snake vs Oli is a weird matchup, since Snake is not that good at gimping compared to most chars, he can gimp but not like most chars.

also Olimar juggles Snake badly. most chars do it lol but Oli is pretty good since Snake's Bair breaks Olimar upsmash, so it makes a " tic tac toe game" if they read bair , they pivot grab or Upair, if Snake reads the Uair he can wavebounce with the granade to GTFO but if they read the wavebounce with the granade also they can do pivot grab or another good option.
if Oli reads a airdodge to the Uair , Snake eats a Upsmash if snake reads that Oli eats a bair.

so in terms of juggling it all on " who's the smartest player". but Oli has more options in that situation than Snake.

Snake's best option to approach if its need is to throw a granade to Olimar so that he shield and Snake can move on , and continue.

who do u main? lol I already saw Yoshi ftw. he's my fav low tier.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Haha but according to recent results, ADHD is better than Ally and M2K so therefore by logical deduction, his character HAS to be better. I cannot see any reason why this argument is invalid. There is no way that he could be an extraordinary player that can just read people well =P.

Also, yeah, I think ICs are better than Falco too. Falco just gets gayed too hard to be top 5. Here's my idea of the top, let me know what you think ADHD =)

1.) Metaknight
2.) Snake

3.) Diddy Kong
4.) Wario
5.) Ice Climbers
6.) Marth
7.) Falco
8.) DDD

And then the other tiers where characters don't matter as much haha.

-Dan
Why is Falco below Marth? That's just wrong. Falco really doesn't get gayed by anyone except for ICs and Pika which grab CGs leading to kill percents. Nobody else gays Falco.

Dedede is an overrated character. He has like 5 legit counters (ICs, Falco, Olimar, Pika, and MK). How is a character like that #8?

FYI, ADHD never got to play Ally in P4, and Ally usually beats him from what I heard.
Fact. If Ally beat M2K then I'm pretty sure that Ally would've won Pound 4.

well.........

mango beats M2K with Jiggz, and eveyone was like"O **** JIGGZ DONT SUCK MANGO RULEZS"

thats kinda whats happening now, cept diddy was already good...
When has Jiggz been a bad character in Melee?

lol this would be correct if the majority of the snake players knew what they were doing against diddy.
btw. this thread is dumb, obviously people arnt saying diddy is the best just because adhd won pound 4. They think he's broken because at high lvl play not alot of people FULLY know what to do against him, and the only john they can come up with, is that hes the best.
Thank you. It's not that Diddy is god tier. It's that people don't know how to fight Diddy. When people learn how to really fight him, then all this complaining will go away. Also if he's so good, why aren't there tons of Diddy mains like there are MK mains.

Why is ADHD not in the SBR-B? He places way better than probably more than half of the people in there.
He should be.

Look at the number of pikachus that do well!!!!!!!!!

O wait, there is only one....

And still, he is pretty high dont you think???
Too high imo. You can't base a character on one person.

Kasht

Smash Cadet
Why is ADHD not in the SBR-B? He places way better than probably more than half of the people in there.
I'm not sure who is all in the SBR-B, but if the members to the SBR-B are selected by who places high in tournaments, I can see how it may be difficult to have a non-biased opinion on several items when it comes to rulesets, tier lists, and other items (i.e. Meta Knight).

Just my 2 cents...

And I agree with ADHD, Diddy Kong is NOT the best character in the game!!!

humble

Smash Ace
Diddy ADHD for top tier. On that subject, PT Reflex is definitely underrated and will go up next tier list. IMO he is at least A tier, though I heard Metaknight M2K is a soft counter for him, so I don't know yet.

Seriously at this point it seems like instead of a tier based off characters we have a tier based off players...which is hilarious, and awesome for namedropping.

Kasht

Smash Cadet
Diddy ADHD for top tier. On that subject, PT Reflex is definitely underrated and will go up next tier list. IMO he is at least A tier, though I heard Metaknight M2K is a soft counter for him, so I don't know yet.

Seriously at this point it seems like instead of a tier based off characters we have a tier based off players...which is hilarious, and awesome for namedropping.
Cant agree with you more!!! Thanks! :D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Must have been a huge coincidence that Ken was undefeated in melee by using a mid tier character named Marth for so long... OH WAIT.

Games potential based.
And the metagame is meant to be current. Whilst we can assume in the future things will change (duh) always falling back onto it is ... counterproductive.
Embracing the current truth as to forge a more realistic one in the future is the goal of the metagameeeeee.
So don't mind me if I believe Diddy atm is pretty good. Not seeing him as best though, but enough people are "predicting" or presuming he is, when honestly, he isn't right now.

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
I cant speak for DDD, but i'm pretty sure that DDD wins 55-45 at least

OLIMAR DOES NOT BEAT SNAKE, WAY BACK IN THE DAY NOW, BUT NOT SINCE LIKE MID 2009, THE MATCHUP IS GOING MORE AND MORE IN SNAKES FAVOR
lul what? nah, the oli snake mu is 60-40 at best, especially when u take into the account that snake gets combed out the *** by that lil slave driver.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
You mean R.O.B. I'll assume.
no, i meant DDD >.>

I think Olimar's Grab attributes and setups make it slightly his favour.

If the Snake camps, that's another story.

Jabs and FTilts are also really helpful for any Snake player.
Snakes Ftilt is worse then you think it is, olimars grabs arent that broken vs snake, snake can Ftilt Olimar out of his super armorless grab

u assume ftilt is the only problem, snakes camping is still effective vs Olimar, it gets Olimar in the air, and with Olimar having the ike 4th slowest air speed, and a really low falling speed, its way to hard to get back down without taking damage

I agree.

Its becoming more and more in snakes favor if anything, it used to be 60-40, now its worse

Snake vs Oli is a weird matchup, since Snake is not that good at gimping compared to most chars, he can gimp but not like most chars.

also Olimar juggles Snake badly. most chars do it lol but Oli is pretty good since Snake's Bair breaks Olimar upsmash, so it makes a " tic tac toe game" if they read bair , they pivot grab or Upair, if Snake reads the Uair he can wavebounce with the granade to GTFO but if they read the wavebounce with the granade also they can do pivot grab or another good option.
if Oli reads a airdodge to the Uair , Snake eats a Upsmash if snake reads that Oli eats a bair.

so in terms of juggling it all on " who's the smartest player". but Oli has more options in that situation than Snake.

Snake's best option to approach if its need is to throw a granade to Olimar so that he shield and Snake can move on , and continue.

who do u main? lol I already saw Yoshi ftw. he's my fav low tier.
Snake can wave bounce away, and make his set ups at the same time (down and nades), if snake tosses a nade at Olimar, Olimar has to stop camping and then reposition then start camping again, snake out ranges Olimar with his camping, which forces Olimar into medium range, if snake can force Olimar any closer, Olimar eats an Utilt

Olimar is in the air, and has to take damage on the way down, Olimar cant land next to snake, he will get grabbed, getting grabbed equals GG, Olimar tech roll is way to slow to the point that snake can tech chase on reaction, if snake loses the tech chase, Olimar is in Ftilt range (unless Olimar used get up attack) Snake can control the stage better with down smash, and nades, and c4. Snakes Utilt is notorious, snake isnt very vulnerable to Olimars grab combos, and snake lives till forever

MK, and DDD, perhaps even rob have an easier time vs snake then Olimar

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Olimar is very light, so Utilt kills Olimar very early.
Olimar is very light, so up-angled Fsmash from Kirby kills Olimar early.
Olimar is very light, so up-angled Fsmash from Luigi kills Olimar early.
Olimar is very light, so Dsmash from DK kills Olimar early.
Olimar is very light, so rest from Jigglypuff kills Olimar early.
Olimar is very light, so Falcon Punch from Captain Falcon kills Olimar early.
Olimar is very light, so Warlock punch from Ganondorf kills Olimar early.

It's not how fast Olimar dies, it's how much easier a character can get Olimar to kill %. From there on, it's all about the easiest kill move to land. How light Olimar is and how easy it is to land an utilt when near Olimar mean nothing, when Olimar's metagame revolves around keeping away, and punishing approaches (I didn't write down easiest kill moves, I wrote down most powerful kill moves from each of the characters I mentioned, so try to not 'strawman' my post. Examples are everywhere).

.Marik

is a social misfit
Olimar's are getting better too.

I think an Olimar placed 7th at Pound 4.

What does that tell you?

Your point is redundant.

RATED

Smash Lord
Olimar is very light, so Utilt kills Olimar very early.
lol if it were for that, Snake would have advantage against all cast LOL. except ddd, asuming that is stupid. is not how kill it gets kill it the ease of landing in on certain characters.

---------------------

also that of " chars rolls can be punished by reaction" is BS.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ever been Dthrown by a Snake as Olimar?

He can tech chase Olimar ON REACTION. It's almost worse than any chaingrab.
Ever been hardcore camped by an Olimar, then pivot grabbed whenever you tried to get close? In order to grab Olimar, you HAVE to get close... Olimar has a faster camping rate than Snake does, and his pivot grab range is larger than Snake's. Olimar might get grabbed eventually, but just like any real-time Brawl match setting where a move would leave you splatted on the floor, there's a number of options INCLUDING STAY THERE ON THE FLOOR to leave your opponent guessing until he is forced to ftilt you/your shield.

So Snake has utilt and dthrow... What can he do from afar, since that's where the fight will be ALL the time if the Olimar wants to win? And DACUS is amazingly easy to punish, I grab Snake out of it with Kirby all te time, pivot grabbing it with Olimar should be a walk in the park, Olimar could also just keep jumping and spamming.

If it's almost worse than any chaingrab, then why is it that a lot more people are saying that Snake loses against Olimar? Are we all lacking in knowledge, or are the few opposites the only ones lacking?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Olimar's are getting better too.

I think an Olimar placed 7th at Pound 4.

What does that tell you?

Your point is redundant.
Marik, use Olimar vs a snake and see for urself, stop this, I know more about this then u

Ever been Dthrown by a Snake as Olimar?

He can tech chase Olimar ON REACTION. It's almost worse than any chaingrab.
I <3 u

Snakes Ftilt is worse then you think it is, olimars grabs arent that broken vs snake, snake can Ftilt Olimar out of his super armorless grab

u assume ftilt is the only problem, snakes camping is still effective vs Olimar, it gets Olimar in the air, and with Olimar having the ike 4th slowest air speed, and a really low falling speed, its way to hard to get back down without taking damage

Its becoming more and more in snakes favor if anything, it used to be 60-40, now its worse

Snake can wave bounce away, and make his set ups at the same time (down and nades), if snake tosses a nade at Olimar, Olimar has to stop camping and then reposition then start camping again, snake out ranges Olimar with his camping, which forces Olimar into medium range, if snake can force Olimar any closer, Olimar eats an Utilt

Olimar is in the air, and has to take damage on the way down, Olimar cant land next to snake, he will get grabbed, getting grabbed equals GG, Olimar tech roll is way to slow to the point that snake can tech chase on reaction, if snake loses the tech chase, Olimar is in Ftilt range (unless Olimar used get up attack) Snake can control the stage better with down smash, and nades, and c4. Snakes Utilt is notorious, snake isnt very vulnerable to Olimars grab combos, and snake lives till forever

MK, and DDD, perhaps even rob have an easier time vs snake then Olimar
this is the proof

Ever been hardcore camped by an Olimar, then pivot grabbed whenever you tried to get close? In order to grab Olimar, you HAVE to get close... Olimar has a faster camping rate than Snake does
Snake has the better projectile, as a whole, the way snake uses his projectile (sheild drop nades, nade stance to gar, cooking nades, etc) is better then Olimars options, they explode on contact, forcing Olimar to repostion (I've already said all of this in my proof, read it, there is more)

and his pivot grab range is larger than Snake's. Olimar might get grabbed eventually, but just like any real-time Brawl match setting where a move would leave you splatted on the floor, there's a number of options INCLUDING STAY THERE ON THE FLOOR to leave your opponent guessing until he is forced to ftilt you/your shield.
LOL, snake can jab to grab Olimar if he is on the floor, and snake can Utilt Olimar if he is on the floor, snake is at an advantage when Olimar is in the position

So Snake has utilt and dthrow... What can he do from afar, since that's where the fight will be ALL the time if the Olimar wants to win? And DACUS is amazingly easy to punish, I grab Snake out of it with Kirby all te time, pivot grabbing it with Olimar should be a walk in the park, Olimar could also just keep jumping and spamming.
Snake wants the Olimar to jump and spam, cause then he can DACUS, unless Olimar has a purple pikmin, Olimar will get hit, then Olimar is in the air (read my proof to know why it is bad for Olimar to be in the air), snake can out range Olimar overall, and (just read my proof, I explain it all there)

If it's almost worse than any chaingrab, then why is it that a lot more people are saying that Snake loses against Olimar? Are we all lacking in knowledge, or are the few opposites the only ones lacking?
The majority of people dont main Olimar, or use him enough, therefore the Olimar mains know whats up, even the snake mains should know whats up.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Marik, use Olimar vs a snake and see for urself, stop this, I know more about this then u
Logic would've had to play Ally if he'd beaten Judge. There is no other person he wanted to play. Logic almost beat Ally at Battle Royal and was ready to beat him here.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
YA'LL *****S IS SALTY!

I don't know where it came from, but it stemmed a few months back to discredit my wins or something.. and now it's been spreading.
naw nîgga, YOU "salty" because its saudy, not salty. im from philly dont argue this

Inferno3044

Smash Master
isnt this thread called Diddy is not the best in the game.. xD
Stephen Colbert beats MK 100/0. MK can't handle the defense of Colbert's witty and hilarious remarks and he can use the power of America to 0-death him easily and get tons of sponsorship for beating MK.

Big Colbert fan and your avatar is Colbert so yeah. This has nothing to do with anything really.

Top Bottom