• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

JOE!

Smash Hero
hehe...aquastrich

but still, that pokemon may be allright as a stand-alone for the lulz factor of using surf....then WTF AN OSTRICH?!

but for a starter to have that, its just dissapointing to the player. Not only do we have a "meh" design for it, but we have somethign that doesnt make too much sense for the fire-type.

the majority of people who play pokemon I belive dont know about the metagame/etc, and pick based on the flavor of pokemon. tuskorch doenst have any flavor as a design, and makes little sense for it's primary typing (it would be a good psychic type relating to the hindu myths revolving elephants, but as I keep stressing: what does an elephant have to do with the fire type?)

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
hehe...aquastrich

but still, that pokemon may be allright as a stand-alone for the lulz factor of using surf....then WTF AN OSTRICH?!

but for a starter to have that, its just dissapointing to the player. Not only do we have a "meh" design for it, but we have somethign that doesnt make too much sense for the fire-type.

the majority of people who play pokemon I belive dont know about the metagame/etc, and pick based on the flavor of pokemon. tuskorch doenst have any flavor as a design, and makes little sense for it's primary typing (it would be a good psychic type relating to the hindu myths revolving elephants, but as I keep stressing: what does an elephant have to do with the fire type?)
Maybe (since its from Africa) it absorbed so much heat in its body that it gained the type or something? Or maybe as an anti-thesis to a fire hose (since it shoots fire from its trunk instead of water)? I dunno, but there are so many ways you could spin it, and even though I am supporting you for Kittorch as the fire starter (2 bulkies is just stupid), I don't think this argument really works. What was Tropius, then? A dinosaur-plant thingy that could fly? What animal or mythological creature was that based on? I dunno, but for some reason they took a Brontosaurus, slapped some leaves on it and taught it to fly. Make sense? No, but Pokemon generally doesn't.

Also, flaming monkey poo.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The Crashken revision by IC3R is less bulky and more speedy.

So it really depends on whidh Krashken is used. I find that IC3R's is better, so that means Tuskorch works out better.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
The Crashken revision by IC3R is less bulky and more speedy.

So it really depends on which Krashken is used. I find that IC3R's is better, so that means Tuskorch works out better.
This is what I get for not reading back a few pages. So yeah, never mind then, I'm all for Tuskorch, so long as IC3R's version be made the new Water starter.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Ermm...new Pokemon time!

Weedzy

Evolves into Kelpent at LV36
Type: Water / Grass
Ability: Chlorophyll / Water Absorb

HP: 45
Atk: 35
Def: 45
Sp Atk: 65
Sp Def: 45
Spd: 45
BST: 310

Class: Sea Plant Pokemon
Length: 2'5''
Weight: 10 lbs.
Colors: Its body is a pale sea green and its leaves are dark green. The small pearls above and below its body are sort of fuchsia.
Pokedex Entries:
- On clear and sunny days, large groups of Weedsy float up to the surface of shallow ocean waters to absorb sunlight. They have a gentle demeanor.
- While it floats in the ocean, currents cause its leaves to ripple hypnotically. It snatches passing prey by suddenly extending its leaves.

Level Up Moves:

- Bubble
- Leech Seed
10 Wrap
15 Growth
20 Absorb
25 Bubblebeam
30 Magical Leaf
35 Confuse Ray
40 Mega Drain
45 Synthesis
50 Energy Ball

TM/HM Moves:

Water Pulse
Calm Mind
Toxic
Bullet Seed
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Giga Drain
Safeguard
Frustration
Solarbeam
Psychic
Iron Tail
Return
Double Team
Reflect
Sludge Bomb
Rest
Attract
Energy Ball
Brine
Endure
Flash
Psych Up
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Grass Knot
Swagger
Substitute
Surf
Waterfall
Whirlpool

Move Tutor Moves:

Dive
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Snore
Swift
Synthesis
Uproar
Ancientpower
Aqua Tail
Gastro Acid
Gunk Shot
Mud-Slap
Seed Bomb
Signal Beam
Worry Seed
Magic Coat

Egg Moves (Water 1 / Plant Egg Group):

Leaf Storm
Worry Seed
Magical Leaf
Synthesis
Water Gun
Hydro Pump

Agility
Brine
Signal Beam
Aqua Ring
Knock Off
Nature Power
Hypnosis
Recover
Tickle
Razor Leaf
Aromatherapy
Weather Ball

Kelpent

Evolves from Weedzy at LV36
Type: Grass / Dragon
Ability: Chlorophyll / Water Absorb

HP: 80
Atk: 70
Def: 80
Sp Atk: 120
Sp Def: 85
Spd: 85
BST: 520

Class: Leafy Dragon Pokemon
Height: 10'00''
Weight: 80 lbs.
Colors: Its body is a pale sea green and its leaves are dark green. The small pearls above and below its body are sort of fuchsia. Its eyes now have yellow pupils.
Pokedex Entries:
- It is said to live in the middle of remote seas, floating to the surface of the water to absorb sunlight and grow steadily longer.
- It hides in thick patches of sea weed, lashing out at unsuspecting prey. Its body is studded with pearls that are said to grant it mysterious power.

Level Up Moves:

- Twister
- Dragon Dance
- Bubble
- Leech Seed
10 Wrap
15 Growth
20 Absorb
25 Bubblebeam
30 Magical Leaf
35 Confuse Ray
40 Mega Drain
45 Synthesis
50 Energy Ball
55 Dragon Pulse

TM/HM Moves:

Water Pulse
Calm Mind
Toxic
Bullet Seed
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Giga Drain
Safeguard
Frustration
Solarbeam
Psychic
Iron Tail
Return
Double Team
Reflect
Sludge Bomb
Rest
Attract
Energy Ball
Brine
Endure
Dragon Pulse
Giga Impact
Flash
Psych Up
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Grass Knot
Swagger
Substitute
Surf
Waterfall
Whirlpool

Move Tutor Moves:

Draco Meteor
Dive
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Snore
Swift
Synthesis
Uproar
Ancientpower
Aqua Tail
Gastro Acid
Gunk Shot
Mud-Slap
Seed Bomb
Signal Beam
Worry Seed
Magic Coat

Egg Moves (Water 1 / Plant Egg Group):

Leaf Storm
Worry Seed
Magical Leaf
Synthesis
Water Gun
Hydro Pump
Agility
Brine
Signal Beam
Aqua Ring
Knock Off
Nature Power
Hypnosis
Recover
Tickle
Razor Leaf
Aromatherapy
Weather Ball

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ah, those were the ones I saw earlier!

Grah. Must. Finish. Useless. Bug.

JOE!

Smash Hero
why would a kraken be a speed type pokemon? Its a big Sea Monster that beats the christ out of you, why would it be a speed machine?

also, as for the africa theory, where then does the psychic part come from?

the psychic must come from the asian elephant, and if it were african, it would be ground type as they live in the savanhas.

as for it being better suited to fire, it is because it is a tiger, which are what color? Along with that, tigers are held in high regard as deadly creatures, that burst from nowhere and attack, much like how a flame can explode out and burn you. Along with this, they are seen as mystical beings in india soley for their amazing deadliness, and are often reffered to as magic, thus the psychic.

also regarding what you put onto Neophant there, it displays none of the charactersists such as a flamethrower turnk. It is simply a hot elephant that gets bigger as it evolves, then gets a hole in it's head. REaaaalllll exciting starter there.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Maybe the Neophant's type of psychic is Pyrokinesis.
thats not the issue, the issue is:

why is an elephant used as a Fire-type pokemon? Where, anywhere, is an elephant associated with fire?

the two elephant esque pokes allready are GROUND and ICE(/ground), as they relate to where elephants live.

THe psychic issue is fine for the asian elephant as they are considered magical in Indian cultures, but not with fire...that is reserved for destructive and scary creatures, such as the Tiger. (alltho elephants are destructive and scary, they arent as feared as the tiger as they work well with people)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Joe, you might be the OP, but you don't run this thread.

Let opinions be opinions.

For the record, we NEED to chose between Wizzard vs IC3R's rendition of Crashken. If Wizzard's wins, then Kittorch is automatically chosen. If IC3R's, then then Neofant is chosen, so that way there is a balance.

Personally, I vote IC3Rs, because we NEED a Water Starter that isn't obscenely slow, and it takes out tons of rediculous moves Crashken could NEVER learn. Wizzerd's really is put together sorta badly, and IC3R's is put together so well.....

Besides Joe, if you're so confident of Kittorch, and the fact a squid shouldn't be speedy, you would be perfectly fine with this little vote, right?

Moozle

Smash Champion
I'm late on this, but I wouldn't question fire-typed elephant if i saw it for the first time. There was that racing game on N64 (i think it was called Scar) and the elephant-like car was made of fire. There is also camperupt, who is a camel, and has not been questioned for his fire type. The only thing I can think of that could possibly associate fire with camels is the desert, but omgsh elephants live there too.

I really like the kittorch idea, JOE!, but I'm still really interested in a bulky fire pokemon and elephants are awesome.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'm late on this, but I wouldn't question fire-typed elephant if i saw it for the first time. There was that racing game on N64 (i think it was called Scar) and the elephant-like car was made of fire. There is also camperupt, who is a camel, and has not been questioned for his fire type. The only thing I can think of that could possibly associate fire with camels is the desert, but omgsh elephants live there too.
A racing game for the N64 i dont think justifies the thing...

Camerupt is also part ground, so he has to do with both the searing heat and sands of the desert, + the fatc its a neat idea for a camel with volcanoes for humps :p

very, VERY few elephants live in the desert. 90% of elephants are found in the Savahna or Jungles/Forest

I really like the kittorch idea, JOE!, but I'm still really interested in a bulky fire pokemon and elephants are awesome.
Yeah, elephants are awesome, but i just dont think we should have one as a starter in the fire/psychic slot, especially one who is described as just getting bigger as it evolves, until it's gem falls out and lava flows from the hole...:dizzy:

As for Krashken, couldnt we just give it the new movepool? I mean squid can move fast, sure, but a Kraken? Its more suited to taking the hit then returning the favor 2-fold, it even has a shell...

Moozle

Smash Champion
Well to make it more psychic, maybe the tusks could be gems :3

Edit: and you could take your idea of having gems on the feet and tail as it evolves.

JOE!

Smash Hero
another thing is that the theme behind fire type is that it's members are usually glass cannons:

their job is to attack first, attack hard, and avoid being put out, much like fire does in the real world. Sure, a bulky fire type would be neat, but the way youd need to do it goes against fire's style.

Psychic somewhat follows this mold, but less extreme: its job is to incapacitate the foe more or less with it's plethora of status moves, and occasionally take them down with a heavy-hitting psychic move, before the foe has a chance to take advantage of their weakness.

slap these together and you have a pokemon that wants to slap on an incapacitating effect before the other can react, then annhilate them while theyre helpless. It doesnt even sound like something a big bulky-type would be doing...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I still say that we should leave it up to a democratic vote, JOE!. As we all know, Pokemon doesn't always make complete logical sense. Torkoal and Magcargo are slow Fire Pokemon. Wobbuffet and Slowbro/King are slow Psychic Pokemon. I have a feeling you might be swayed if we could just come up with a good design for Tuskorch....

(By the way, JOE!, Delfin and Squalfin are misspelled in the OP...juuust sayin'.)

JOE!

Smash Hero
thats probably my main dislike.

I mean seriously, as it evolve sit stays the same, but just gets bigger, until IT GETS A GIANT HOLE IN IT'S HEAD?!

*also fixing OP*

IC3R

Smash Lord
The elephant however allready has Donphan and Mamoswine, and not to be mean, but an elephant doesnt really come to mind when you think of a fire-type.
A tortoise doesn't come to mind when one thinks of Fire-types, and yet Torkoal is here.
I fail to see how Lucario is part Steel, as there's nothing really metallic about it.
Why the hell did Surskit evolve into something worse? That goes against the idea of evolution!
Why is the Trapinch line not part Bug?
Since when did a half-dozen of eggs acquire Psychic powers? Or a coconut tree, for that matter?
Why are Pokemon as awesome as Flareon and Luxray ****-near useless?
Why isn't Lugia part Water? It lives underwater (usually)!
Low Kick and Grass Knot can hit Pokemon that are ABOVE THE GROUND. WTF?
Why are Geodude and Magnemite still hit by Earthquake? They are clearly floating ABOVE THE GROUND.

I can make a loooong list of things about Pokemon that don't make sense. Why should a Fire/Psychic elephant make any difference? The thing can be PINK!!!!!! Pink is comprised of a mixture of red and white (when painting), red being the coolest fire, and white being the hottest--a happy middle-ground.

Granted the design could be worked with, since I don't find a hole in the head very appealing either. Perhaps I (and maybe flyingfilipino) could come up with a depiction of the creature...
The hole doesn't HAVE to stay--neat thing about artistic license.

Besides...

We have PLENTY of felines: Persian, Alakazam, Mew(two)!!!!!!!!, Raikou, Entei, Delcatty, Zangoose, Luxray, Purugly, Skuntank, Weavile, and I'm sure I'm missing some.
Donphan is the only definite pachyderm, as Mamoswine is more closely related to a boar than an elephant (it doesn't even have a trunk, or visible EARS for that matter).

Elephants need more representation...seriously. :mad:

(I just noticed Tuskorch is missing some Egg Moves...)

IC3R

Smash Lord
Again I ask, what difference does it make, really? Pokemon doesn't HAVE to be completely logical:

We have a chicken that was a Fire-type. Torchic. Nobody complained how it could be a Flying-type.

-Terywj
Thats beacuse chickens do not fly around like eagles/etc.
Kiwis nor ostriches are capable of flying, yet Dodrio is of the Flying type, AND can learn Fly.

To further support the non-logic argument:

I don't think this argument really works. What was Tropius, then? A dinosaur-plant thingy that could fly? What animal or mythological creature was that based on? I dunno, but for some reason they took a Brontosaurus, slapped some leaves on it and taught it to fly. Make sense? No, but Pokemon generally doesn't.

In regards to the Fire Pokemon starter, I recall you complaining earlier about the lack of people making creative Pokemon:

im starting to regret making this thread...

i mean, i thought people would be coming up with neat, creative pokemon...not fillers for holes in the metagame/ ways to make their favorites stronger...
A bulky Fire/Psychic pachyderm fits the bill of a creative Pokemon. There is no argument there. Flaming felines have been done, son. Besides, there have been FAR more votes for Tuskorch:

+1 Tuskorch.
No offence, Joe, but...

Tuskorch
Aut'thaer easily gets my vote over Talltale.

Oh and Tuskorch gets mine too.

-Terywj
I really like the idea of the tiger and the gems and what not, but I'm going to say tuskorch because the elephant idea is a bit more unique, and I can see it having a much better chance at being bulky than a tiger (and boy do i love bulky pokemanz :p)
This is what I get for not reading back a few pages. So yeah, never mind then, I'm all for Tuskorch, so long as IC3R's version be made the new Water starter.
Just to say, IC3R revised Crashken, and I like his revision more than the origonal.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9367558&postcount=341

Also, Tuskorch because the Kittorch line feels like it grows too close to a fire-type Meowth/Persian, even in stats!
That's four definites, with two conditional yes votes as long as my revision of Krashken is approved.

Kittorch votes:
>.>

Well, if you say so... I haven't done this before...

I'll vote for Kittorch even though it won't make a difference at this point.
Kittorch has one vote.

That's 4 (or 6) against 1...so far, democracy holds in Tuskorch's favor.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
On a completely unrelated note

So is the foe is hit with a 120 BP move at the end of every turn, or simply taking 1/16 of his health away? Just askin'.
Fix'd.

JOE!

Smash Hero
where are the other fire-type cats, no not cats, TIGERs?

the only thing in this category is Entei, and Raikou is the only tiger.

as for tuskorch, you are artsy like myself, correct?

take a look at how this guy would look, i mean seriously, its a pokemon that doensnt change as it evolves, then gets a hole in it's head. That is just...bleck.

as for making sense, you named like 6 examples out of 493 that do make sense. And all the starters do make sense and are based off of something. What is tuskorch's theme here other than "hay, lets make yet another bulky starter!"

lets look at the starters, shall we?

Bulbasaur: Based of toads somewhat, that produce poison on their backs, expanded into a poisonous plant + dino esque
Charmander: Salamander, associated with fires since medieval times
Squirtle: self explanatory
Chikorita: Imaginary as a chikorita, but become a mini-sauropod-esque type thing, which are known as the most famous herbivores amoing dinos
Cyndaquil: Porcupine-like kritter, only flames instead of spines
Tododile: Self explanatory
Treeko: Gecko, known jungle dweller
Mudkip: Based off primitive slamanders;amphibians
Torchic: based on ****-fighting/fried chicken
Turtwig: based off of myths from several cultures that have the earth resting on a tortoise/turtle's back, which explains why Turtwig has the fertile soil on it's shell.
Chimchar: Based off the monkey king, who quested for man's fire
Priplup: Self explanatory

now our's:

Sodcub: Based on the gint panda, who is immediatly recognizable as the bamboo eater. as it evolves it matures into a more bear like creature, thus the more menacing dark typing
Squabblfish: based on the vilent giant squids of myth. Big, strong and tough.
Neophant: An elephant that is warm and has a gem on it's head, it eventually grows bigger and the gem falls off.
Kittorch: based on myths of tigers in india, who are related to destruction as well as spirituality, thus the fire and psychic typing and mystical appearance with the rune-like stripes.

also, dodrio is based on the roadrunner more than an ostrich, and roadrunners can kinda-fly :p

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I never ****ing said that it stays the same as it gets older, now shut the **** up. Please. I purposely left out a lot of details on it because I don't think it's my right to say EXACTLY what it looks like when I'm NOT going to be the one drawing it. I didn't even give it a color for god's sake. I thought that would have been a hint there. And yes, the hole in its head can be removed. Jesus. I'm not sure why you seem to think that I'd be completely anal about someone changing my design when HALF OF IT ISN'T EVEN THERE ANYWAY.

Also, Mamoswine is DEFINITELY not an elephant. It's based off a pig, thus swine is in its name. It's just a really freaking big pig. And Donphan is a mix of an Elephant and a tire. Very original, but really freaking weird if you think about it. It doesn't make ANY sense, as there's no way an elephant could roll up into a ball like Donphan can. Their skeletal structure doesn't allow it. And that half ruins Donphan's representation as an elephant imo, and makes a new one even more viable.

Arcanine is based off of a mythological creature that is derived from a Lion, Tiger, and Dog. I'm not entirely sure how Arcanine could fly right over your head when thinking of tigers, as it's orange and clearly has stripes all over its body. What did you think those stripes came from? A zebra?

And using the fact that African elephants mainly live in the Savanna is an invalid argument and you should know it. The Savannas tend to be on the warmer sides of climate and are extremely prone to wildfires from what I hear, and that gives it a good amount validation. Also, elephants are EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT. There's no mythological bull**** needed to figure out its Psychic-typing. Although if you really wanted to get into it, a lot of African tribes are ritualistic (or so I'm led to believe...I obviously don't have time to study every African tribe in existence), meaning its Psychic abilities work from that angle too.

Although Fire-types are considered to be glass cannons in a lot of cases, this is mainly from a combination of their type as well as only mediocre defenses. Psychic-types, despite what you seem to think, are more known for their defensive prowess than offensive anymore. Just because you have the guys like Azelf and Alakazam who hit like a truck but die from a gentle breeze doesn't mean all Psychic-types are like that. Cresselia, Uxie, Celebi, Jirachi, Slowbro, Claydol, Latias, and Bronzong are all at least relatively bulky, and are pretty well-known because of it.

Now quit insulting my design every ****ing way you can and get over it. I took out time from my own schedule to make up Neofant, working through headache and fatigue; just like you probably did for Kittorch. Saying that my entire design is basically **** and doesn't make sense is a horrible slit in the neck from where I stand, and I think I worked hard enough to deserve better than that. Now like I said, get over it.

EDIT: And no, I'm not going to regret the swearing. From the amount of arguing you've done over this I think that my swearing is rightfully deserved, and should be said to show how frustrated I am at you right now. I also think it's funny how you talked about your MYM buddies leaving because of us cutting down their designs in one way or another when I, who hasn't said one insulting thing to anybody in this thread (bar maybe UltiMario, but he probably half-expects that anyway), get cut down for my design by you.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
when I, who hasn't said one insulting thing to anybody in this thread (bar maybe UltiMario, but he probably half-expects that anyway), get cut down for my design by you.
:(

Also, Joe, just so you know, we have a connection of sorts here. I always thought that just by providing pure evidence and facts, with as much logic as I could muster, I could win ANY arguement.
It finally hit me how wrong I was once I lost the typing vote in SmashCAP1, no matter how much evidence I provided that a Levitating Steel/Ghost was the optimal BOC, nobody listened, instead, they chose their favorite.

Joe, you could make the biggest, longest, fattest wall of text ever made to describe how Kittorch > Neofant, people would read it, but nobody would care. They'd just shrug it off with "I still like Neofant more", and not even care. Stop. It doesn't work. It won't EVER work.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Haha, well if I insulted you it would have been at the part where you kept on harping about how broken Magma Pool was when I was willing to change it. And I don't know if what I said was considered insulting, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway. :)

IC3R

Smash Lord
I never ****ing said that it stays the same as it gets older, now shut the **** up. Please. I purposely left out a lot of details on it because I don't think it's my right to say EXACTLY what it looks like when I'm NOT going to be the one drawing it. I didn't even give it a color for god's sake. I thought that would have been a hint there. And yes, the hole in its head can be removed. Jesus. I'm not sure why you seem to think that I'd be completely anal about someone changing my design when HALF OF IT ISN'T EVEN THERE ANYWAY.

Also, Mamoswine is DEFINITELY not an elephant. It's based off a pig, thus swine is in its name. It's just a really freaking big pig. And Donphan is a mix of an Elephant and a tire. Very original, but really freaking weird if you think about it. It doesn't make ANY sense, as there's no way an elephant could roll up into a ball like Donphan can. Their skeletal structure doesn't allow it. And that half ruins Donphan's representation as an elephant imo, and makes a new one even more viable.

Arcanine is based off of a mythological creature that is derived from a Lion, Tiger, and Dog. I'm not entirely sure how Arcanine could fly right over your head when thinking of tigers, as it's orange and clearly has stripes all over its body. What did you think those stripes came from? A zebra?

And using the fact that African elephants mainly live in the Savanna is an invalid argument and you should know it. The Savannas tend to be on the warmer sides of climate and are extremely prone to wildfires from what I hear, and that gives it a good amount validation. Also, elephants are EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT. There's no mythological bull**** needed to figure out its Psychic-typing. Although if you really wanted to get into it, a lot of African tribes are ritualistic (or so I'm led to believe...I obviously don't have time to study every African tribe in existence), meaning its Psychic abilities work from that angle too.

Although Fire-types are considered to be glass cannons in a lot of cases, this is mainly from a combination of their type as well as only mediocre defenses. Psychic-types, despite what you seem to think, are more known for their defensive prowess than offensive anymore. Just because you have the guys like Azelf and Alakazam who hit like a truck but die from a gentle breeze doesn't mean all Psychic-types are like that. Cresselia, Uxie, Celebi, Jirachi, Slowbro, Claydol, Latias, and Bronzong are all at least relatively bulky, and are pretty well-known because of it.

[deleted rage]
Kupo has spoken.

Joe, you could make the biggest, longest, fattest wall of text ever made to describe how Kittorch > Neofant, people would read it, but nobody would care. They'd just shrug it off with "I still like Neofant more", and not even care. Stop. It doesn't work. It won't EVER work.
This, seriously. I could write a two-hundred page book describing how awful a president Barack Obama is, but everyone who voted for him (or likes him but couldn't vote) would simply ignore it.

You wanted a vote, and you got it: Tuskorch 4 (6), Kittorch 2

Tuskorch is winning with 2-3 times the amount of votes as the tiger.

Can we MOVE ON NOW?!

==============
On a semi-related note, I may choose to change the design of my speedy Water starter, hopefully to "sweeten the deal". I may go for a design like this. Yeah, I'll have to change a lot of stuff up, but whatever. At least it'll be different...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I want a speedy squid, your Crashken mod was beast.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Actually, I was slightly wrong in my argument. Mamoswine is a mix of a Mammoth and Pig. I somehow forgot it had tusks though, which is why I said otherwise. Nonetheless, the point still stands as it isn't a modern elephant.

As for a water Pokemon, I'm amazed that there's been no use of sea nymphs yet. I don't think it should be a starter, but making one would definitely be a + in my book.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Well, it seems JOE is going to whine about something, whether it's his tiger not getting voted for, or a squid that's not bulky, even though a bulky squid already exists.

Perhaps I can post a second Water/Fighting starter, and I'll just have two candidates for a vote. At least it will be a bit different...and I haven't seen a mer-Pokemon yet (Gorebyss is a joke). If I switch its Egg Group to Monster/Water 1, I could give it Dragon Dance for an egg move :laugh:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
On the one hand, Arghonaut looks more like an octopus than a squid.

On the other hand, who cares, squids and octopii are essentially the same when it comes to creative Pokemon themes.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I expected to get infracted before I even typed the first sentence of my statement. I take my creative ventures very seriously, and as such any strike he makes toward these ventures is also a strike toward me. I do accept constructive criticism, as I like to make my concepts appeal to as many people as humanly possible, but what Joe said wasn't criticism at all. And his timing on it more than proves it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I think Joe is just unwilling to cooperate with opinions that aren't his. Hes probly going like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in his head.

Also, I'm still looking forward to the day when we finish this, and hopefully implement it into a server. It'll make Pokemon a hell of a lot more interesting.

Edit: Writer, your Daisy avatar distracts me every time I see it. GRAH

IC3R

Smash Lord
Monster/Humanshape would be an interesting egg group combination for a Water Pokemon, don't you agree? That'd give it access to Cross Chop, Encore, Fake Out (maybe), and whatnot...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I want to see a water-type Ostrich.
So it is written, so it shall be done.

Aquick
(AW-kwick)
The Water Bird Pokemon
Evolves into Aquemu at Level 19
Water/Flying

Length: 35cm
Weight: 4lbs

Aquick is a small bird Pokemon with pale blue feathers, while its long neck (which makes up half of its height) and legs are yellow. It has short, feathered wings (tipped with white feathers) and a stubby, blue tail that is made of water (the females’ tail is almost non-existent). It also has a small, curly feather on top of its head that is also made of water. Its feet are webbed.

(not even attempting to draw it >.>)

Pokedex Entry: “Aquicks are extremely friendly, and will often follow antything that attracts their eye across land and sea. They are fun-loving Pokemon.”

Stats

HP: 55
ATK: 60
DEF: 15
SPATK: 25
SPDEF: 20
SPD: 45
TOTAL: 220

Abilities

Hustle/Water Absorb

Moves

-:peck
-:Growl
6: Water Sport
11: Bubble
13: Charm
16: Rain Dance
19: Bounce
23: Quick Attack
28: Pursuit
34: Water Pulse
43: Agility
48: Aqua Ring

Aquemu
(aw-KWEE-moo)
The Ostrich Pokemon
Evolves from Aquick at Level 19 and into Aquastrech at Level 31
Water/Flying

Length: 2.3m
Weight: 62lbs

Aquemu has grown considerably larger in comparison to its pre-evolution. Its feathers have become a sky-blue colour, while its neck (which is now longer than the rest of its body) and legs have turned a pale yellow. Its wings have become more appropriate to its body size (though still with the white tips and still unable to fly) and it still has webbed feet. Its tail has become larger, now sprouting 3 feathers composed of water (females only have 2, shorter tails), while the feathers on its head have also multiplied to 3 (2 on females).

Pokedex Entry: “Aquemus are known for their fast land speed and quick swimming ability. Their tails are used to attract mates.”

Stats

HP: 85
ATK: 75
DEF: 35
SPATK: 50
SPDEF: 45
SPD: 100
TOTAL: 390

Abilities

Hustle/Water Absorb

Moves

18: Wing Attack
24: Bounce
29: Quick Attack
33: Pursuit
39: Water Pulse
45: Agility
53: Aqua Ring

Aquastrech
(aw-KWA-stretch)
The Long Neck Pokemon
Evolves from Aquemu at Level 31
Water/Flying

Length: 6.7m
Weight: 86lbs

While Aquastrech’s body has not grown that much, its neck has grown to ridiculous proportions, being almost 6 times the length of its body. Its feathers have changed to a solid, dark blue (it no longer has white tipped wings), and its neck and legs are both a pure white. Its tail-feathers did not grow much, but increased in number again to 5 (3 for females, still shorter) and the feathers on its head increased to 5 as well (3 on females).

Pokedex Entry: “Its long neck prevents it from reaching the speeds it could achieve as an Aquemu, but enables it to catch fish easily, thanks to its excellent lung capacity.”

Stats

HP: 110
ATK: 105
DEF: 45
SPATK: 75
SPDEF: 55
SPD: 70
TOTAL: 465

Abilities

Hustle/Water Absorb

Moves

Heart Scale: Power Whip
18: Wing Attack
24: Bounce
29: Quick Attack
31: Mirror Move
35: Pursuit
42: Water Pulse
48: Agility
57: Aqua Ring
68: Wring Out

TMs & HMs

TM03 - Water Pulse
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM27 - Return
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM47 - Steel Wing
TM51 - Roost
TM55 - Brine
TM58 - Endure
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM88 - Pluck
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute

HM02 - Fly
HM03 - Surf
HM05 - Whirlpool
HM07 - Waterfall

Egg Moves (Flying, Water 1)

Brave Bird
Endeavor
Flail
Mirror Move
Quick Attack
Wing Attack
Bubblebeam
Confuse Ray
Twister
Aqua Jet

Move Tutor

Aqua Tail
Dive
Bounce
Endeavor
Swift
Twister
Trick
Heal Bell
Magic Coat
Sky Attack
Tailwind

I'm still a total newb at this (if my last submissions haven't been any indication), so I'd appreciate any help with this one, especially with the egg moves. I don't care whether my Pokemon are competitive or not (only if they're overpowered), so I just need to know if I've made any taboos.

Kittorch has two votes.
Actually, one of the votes you quoted was me before I realized you had made a speedy Crashken, which is one of the conditional votes you listed. So it's actually 1. :p

IC3R

Smash Lord
Actually, one of the votes you quoted was me before I realized you had made a speedy Crashken, which is one of the conditional votes you listed. So it's actually 1. :p
Oh, excellent. :laugh:

Would your vote change if I made a second Water/Fighting starter with the same stats, but a different movepool and Egg Groups?

And the ostrich looks pretty straightforward; I'm still not big on it learning Fly, though.
A hard-hitter with a high HP count is pretty nice...

It's like Gyarados, only less lame :laugh:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Also, I'm still looking forward to the day when we finish this, and hopefully implement it into a server. It'll make Pokemon a hell of a lot more interesting.

Edit: Writer, your Daisy avatar distracts me every time I see it. GRAH
Adding 100~ new Pokemon? Man, that would be so hectic. There would be no tier list to use as threat list, no recommended movesets, little to no prediction.

Awesome.

Top Bottom