• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

IC3R

Smash Lord
@IC3R:

you are telling me to use my head about somethign that honestly does not relate to this thread, as it is from a totally different site that you happen to know about, so it *must* be relavent to OUR project, that I didnt know about?
It's a "totally different site" that a majority of the SWF Pokemon Center knows about, not just I. If you honestly didn't know a thing about it, I apologize. Regardless, both Arghonaut and the original Krashken are essentially the same thing: a bulky Water/Fighting cephalopod. How does it not relate?

No one else here has gotten on my case for not wanting to be a copycat.

also, if the revisions for tuskorch involve stats...and he ends up failing in speed and attacking, then he will be very, very "meh" in regards for what a fire/psy should be able to do...as it would be reliant on attacking first/hard.
OKAY, GUYS!!!!!!

I've redone the stats for Tuskorch, and I think you will be surprised:

HP: - 111
Attack - 60
Defense - 96
Sp. Attack - 106
Sp. Defense - 93
Speed - 68
(BST - 534)

Let's assume this as the standard set:

Tuskorch @ Leftovers
Bold / Blaze
EVs - 212 HP, 252 Def, 44 Spd
~Lava Plume
~Grass Knot/Power Gem
~Calm Mind
~Substitute/Will-o-Wisp

VS. STANDARD CB TAR
With a Bold nature, 212 HP EVs, and 252 Def EVs, Tuskorch would take 79%-93% from an Adamant CB Tyranitar's Crunch, meaning it will never OHKO unless Stealth Rock is in play. With 44 EVs in Speed, Tuskorch will actually be able to outrun the standard CB Tar by 2 points, and be able to inflict a Burn with Lava Plume/Will-o-Wisp, putting a damper on Tyranitar's killing ability permanently. The elephant would most likely have to switch out, because Grass Knot only does 32%-37%, which is a 3HKO even with Burn damage taken into account, and Tuskorch would most likely fall to noms of death. (Note: CB Stone Edge does 107%-126% without a burn, so watch yourself).

VS. TIMID LO STARMIE:
With only 212 HP EVs and no SpDf investment, Tuskorch will take 86%-102% from a Timid Starmie's Max SpAt LO-boosted Surf. Although, if Tuskorch managed to hit the incoming Starmie with Energy Ball/Grass Knot, dealing 53%-62%, making it capable of beating Starmie if it's lucky enough. If Tuskorch gets a Calm Mind on the switch, that same Surf would only do 58%-68%, while +1 Energy Ball/Grass Knot would hit for 79%-93%, making it a possible OHKO with Life Orb recoil factored into Starmie.

VS. CB METAGROSS
Adamant Choice Band Metagross with 236 Att EVs does 65%-76% to Tuskorch with Earthquake. Tuskorch's +0 Lava Plume does 55%-65% to Metagross, guaranteeing a 2HKO. Metagross can still use Explosion to KO though, so using Substitute would be a good first move to use, since Tuskorch outspeeds Metagross by at least 8 points. Substitute would portect against Explosion, and can be used to scout its other moves.

VS. STANDARD MIXPERT
Against 252 HP/0 SpDf Swampert, a Grass Knot with 0 EVs in SpAt will do 66%-78%; a guaranteed 2HKO. Relaxed Swampert with 4 Atk EVs will do 42%-49% to standard Tuskorch with Earthquake. Tuskorch outspeeds.

VS. OFFENSIVE DD GYARA:
Standard Adamant DD Gyarados does 65%-76% to Tuskorch with a +0 LO Waterfall, and 97%-114% with +1 LO Waterfall (50%-59% and 74%-87% without Life Orb). This gives Tuskorch enough time to Burn Gyarados, even if it has a Lum Berry, and switch out to safety, permanently ruining Gyarados' sweep. Alternatively, if Gyarados switched into a Calm Mind, a +1 Power Gem will do 48%-56%, a guaranteed 2HKO (+1 Grass Knot does 40%-48%, which could kill Gyarados factoring in Life Orb recoil).

VS. NEW MIXMENCE:
Standard MixMence's LO Draco Meteor deals 44%-52%, and Earthquake does about the same amount of damage. Factoring in Leftovers, those moves will not 2HKO Tuskorch. A +0 Power Gem does 43%-50%, which guarantees a 2HKO when taking Life Orb recoil into consideration.

VS. STANDARD LATIAS:
You can't do ****. Switch to your Latias counter.

Note: All damage dealt to Tuskorch is calculated WITHOUT burn's Attack drop taken into account.

Still don't think this thing can function?
I think I broke it! lololololol

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Sir Bedevere: Sage Town is sort of centrally located (but remote), so it could be a crossroads of sorts, with some planning. I think it was Chill who mentioned a lake earlier; what if it was located directly south of the forest (providing a barrier running north-south of mountain-river-forest-lake)? Suppose one gets the Surf HM before crossing this barrier; they could then choose their own way across to get to the other side of the region, then go from there. Idea, maybe?

I don't think a Pokemon has appeared in two Gyms in the same region before (as a Leader's Pokemon). You're right about the restaurant/Gym being a city attraction though; but a large metropolitan area is a given in every region, no? :bee:

@IC3R: I'm not the most techinical battler, but it looks like you did a lot of work on Tuskorch. If you made it better (sounds like you did), more power to ya!

JOE!

Smash Hero
alot of his strategies rely on burning, what if the pokes you mention do a *gasp* special attack?

IC3R

Smash Lord
JOE, seriously, lrn2read:

Note: All damage dealt to Tuskorch is calculated WITHOUT burn's Attack drop taken into account.
I simply have Burning the foe as an option, not the end-all be-all strategy. (That's not to say it does not help, because it REALLY MUKING DOES.) I said you should Burn like, two of them? If the Pokemon does a *gasp* special attack--say, Timid Starmie's Surf or MixMence's Draco Meteor, which I happen to have listed--then you can simply Calm Mind to absorb the hits or just hit them with one of your two offensive moves.

You can't really do much to Latias with Tuskorch, and the same applies with Blissey (unless you happen to be running Toxic, but even then, Blissey can just switch to cure itself).
Suicune is also a decent counter, since it is faster than Tuskorch, meaning it can get Calm Minds in faster, and be able to kill with Surf/Hydro Pump.
Rotom-A can Trick a Choice item onto Tuskorch as long as you don't have a Sub up, effectively ruining its strategies against its normal opposition. Even then, it could just spam Shadow Ball until you switch out.
Vaporeon can Toxic stall you to death if you don't have a Sub, and even then, it could just Roar you away.
Other Fire Pokemon can potentially wall you, depending on your set.
The list goes on...

I'm not an idiot. I had to leave counters for Tuskorch; it's quite an important step in creating a viable Pokemon. I altered the stats so it can handle about half of the metagame on its own, and most of that half is physically-based, and physical Pokemon do not like burns (unless they have Guts). The special Pokemon aren't automatically the end of Tuskorch; it has a respectable SpAt, so it's not just going to go down without a fight.

In any case, I have succeeded in making a statistically-defensive Fire/Psychic Pokemon, despite it having weaknesses to the five (probably) most-common attack types in the game. I haven't even redone the movepool yet!!!

Any other questions?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Uh, it doesn't look like you proved anything except that Tuskorch is a defensive failure. Every pokemon deals over %60 damage to him without even trying. And this assumes that stealth rock isn't in play and that it hasn't taken any previous damage from a entry hazard or simply switching in, something that a bulky pokemon should be able to do often. Think Blissey, Skarmory, Hippopotas or Suicune. They don't just come in take a hit a die. The only pokemon it could reliably beat is Salamence if it uses Draco Meteor twice in a row. What competent battler would do that when they could just use earthquake?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Then I suppose I spoke too soon.
I have a little more work to do.

I made the mistake of assuming other things would be switching into Tuskorch, not the other way around. I'll think of something though...

In the meantime:

I colored in Hurricrane.

JOE!

Smash Hero
face it IC3R, i was right in saying it's better to "follow the mold" and have the fire starter be an offensive juggernaut :p

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Except for that the offensive Fire-type juggernaut hasn't worked well in this gen either. In case you guys haven't noticed, only two Fire-types even sit in OU. Note that these two also go neutral to Stealth Rock. See where I'm going with this? The thing was ****ed from the start, no matter what you did to its stats. Well, unless you made another Infernape of course, and even then I can't guarantee its spot anywhere in OU. You would have to still grace it with something that Infernape doesn't have in order to make people want to use it; otherwise it's still outclassed.

And as far as Fire starters go, Typhlosion, even with carrying the most powerful Fire-type move in the game and the speed to abuse it, has never been above BL. And in all honesty, BL was about where I was shooting for with this guy. Maybe UU. All I knew was that it wasn't hitting OU from the start.

I'd also like to note that I genuinely approve of IC3R's revision of the stats. And as far as movepool goes, Eruption would only really exist if it kept the hole in the head (granted, it can't really use Eruption thanks to its Speed anyway). That's why I gave it the move in the first place. Apart from that, do what you wish. ;)

@Sir: People just want a bulky Fire-type, but putting it as your starter makes it a lot easier for people to get access to, and thus why people preferred it I think.

And I'm basically done with this. I don't even know why it was debated over so much anyway.

EDIT: @UltiMario: I'm glad Daisy's charm doesn't only work on me? :laugh:

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
And as far as Fire starters go, Typhlosion, even with carrying the most powerful Fire-type move in the game and the speed to abuse it, has never been above BL. And in all honesty, BL was about where I was shooting for with this guy. Maybe UU. All I knew was that it wasn't hitting OU from the start.
This, honestly. I don't even know why it was important that Tuskorch/the Fire starter be made competitive, since it's been said from the beginning (many MANY times now) that this project is an exercise on creativity, not let's-make-****-Pokemon like CAP is. Tuskorch could probably find his own niche with all the Grass and Fighting types in UU. He'd just need to watch out for Rain Dance teams. Not that I'm an expert on competitive battling or anything. >.> /newb

@Sir: People just want a bulky Fire-type, but putting it as your starter makes it a lot easier for people to get access to, and thus why people preferred it I think.
I knew I hadn't gone crazy. <.> And yeah, that makes sense.

Also, ZOMG, a Pokemon is being submitted! :O Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, as I still don't know what the hell I'm doing with the egg moves...

Kanquash
(CAN-kwash)
The Squash Pokemon
Evolves into Pumpyre at Level 30
Grass/Fire

Height: 20cm
Weight: 10lbs

Kanquash is a yellow squash-looking Pokemon, with a face carved into it, like a jack-o’-lantern (this face is unique for every Kanquash, much like Spinda’s spots). It has two short vines (about 4cm) growing out from the top of its head (where its stem would have been). Its body is hollow, and inside is a small, candle-like flame, which can be seen from the holes in the eyes, nose, and mouth.

And here’s my poor attempt at drawing:

GIMP ftw?

Pokedex Entry: “Kanquash often hang from the branches of trees using their vines, lighting up pathways for other Pokemon and people.”

Stats

HP: 53
ATK: 49
DEF: 77
SPATK: 54
SPDEF: 36
SPD: 36
TOTAL: 305

Abilities

Sturdy/Inner Focus

Moves

-: Tackle
6: Wrap
8: Defense Curl
11: Vine Whip
15: Rollout
18: Ember
22: Razor Leaf
26: Ingrain
31: Will-O-Wisp
37: Lava Plume
44: Flamethrower
52: Power Whip

Pumpyre
(PUM-pai-er)
The Pumpkin Pokemon
Evolves from Kanquash at Level 30
Grass/Fire

Height: 1.3m
Weight: 47lbs

Pumpyre is in the shape of an orange pumpkin, with a carved face, similar to a jack-o’-lantern (the face it had from its pre-evolution is retained through the evolution). It has gained two extra vines, and they are much longer than they were before. Additionally, at the end of each vine is a leaf which it uses to support itself while standing. Pumpyre places these vines diagonally over his body (in a diamond shape). His pumpkin body then dangles down between the vines. The fire inside Pumpyre's hollow interior is very fierce and engulfs the entirety of his insides.

Front view:

Top view:

*barf*

Pokedex Entry: "Myths tell that the fire in Pumpyre's body was taken from deep below the earth's surface, and it is this essence that fuels Pumpyre's existence."

Stats

HP: 68
ATK: 68
DEF: 111
SPATK: 107
SPDEF: 72
SPD: 54
TOTAL: 480

(Pokemon Base Stats Ratings gave it an "Above Average" overall, with a "Very Good" rating for physical tankiness).

Abilities

Sturdy/Inner Focus

Moves

Heart Scale: Fire Fang
-: Tackle
6: Wrap
8: Defense Curl
11: Vine Whip
15: Rollout
18: Ember
22: Razor Leaf
26: Ingrain
33: Will-O-Wisp
41: Lava Plume
52: Flamethrower
60: Power Whip
73: Fire Blast

TMs & HMs

TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM09 - Bullet Seed
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM19 - Giga Drain
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - SolarBeam
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM50 - Overheat
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM58 - Endure
TM59 - Dragon Pulse
TM61 - Will-o-wisp
TM64 - Explosion
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM70 - Flash
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon

HM04 - Strength
HM05 - Defog

Egg Moves (Ground, Plant)

Amnesia
Heat Wave
Nasty Plot
Take Down
Ingrain
Body Slam
Growth

Move Tutor

Earth Power
Heat Wave
Mud-Slap
Rollout
Zen Headbutt
Block
Headbutt
Magic Coat

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Great concept for a Grass/Fire Pokemon, Sir Bedevere. I like the unique face idea too. Hooray for spooky Fire types! :bee:

*is also a newb and cannot give much criticism with regards to stats and movelist*

*other than giving it the Cut HM*

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Kanquash looks too much like Sunkern :|

You know, I think most of us care about this project more than Joe does, all hes done is bring arguement on good ideas.
I vote for someone to make a new thread of this so we can have someone thats a lenient person as the OP. Heck, if nobody else volunteers to be the new OP, I'll even do it.

IC3R

Smash Lord
With that said, this would be significantly easier if the trio was Grs/Fgt - Fir/Drk - Wtr/Psy. At least with a Dark type, it has a few key resistances like Fire, Ice, Ghost and Dark, and an immunity to Psychic. Granted, it would still have to watch out for Water, Ground, Rock, and Fighting, but at least it can come in on a little bit more.

Still, I'm just not happy having another starter be completely useless or overshadowed, but it seems almost unavoidable at this point. If we use the tiger as the starter, I'll rewrite Krashken again to make it more defensive (but we just have so many of those already), and probably tweak a few moves.

I like the elephant too much, so I'll take Chill's earlier suggestion and continue to work with Tuskorch, but have it later in the Dex. That way, the pachyderm could have a useful ability like Magic Guard, Filter or some other BS'd ability. :bee:

I ****ing HATE Stealth Rock.

@ Chill:
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about it last night at 3-4 am because I was too busy working with the most abysmal defensive typing ever x___x
I'll try those colors out, and maybe a few other palettes...

@UltiMario:
I would Muking LOVE to run the thread :) :) :) :) :)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
We should just have one last vote on it and then everyone can stop arguing. Make tuskorch the stater? Or move tuskorch to later in the dex and design a new starter?

It doesn't seem necessary at this point to "kick him out". If it becomes a problem sure but right now it seems mean spirited.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
BTW, we chose the types the way we did so we could get as many new type combinations as possible while doing a triangle and a reverse triangle.

Also you running this would be cool lol.

Edit:

@Chill:
Half this thread deals with arguements Joe started. HALF. THIS. MUKING. THREAD.

I say thats a large enough problem.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Kanquash looks too much like Sunkern :|
Oh dammit, I forgot about that little turd.

Whatever, whoever may end up drawing/spriting him can give him their own personal twist.

As for the vote thing, I still don't see the problem with having a crappy starter. Previous Pokemon games have had them , and even if they didn't, there is no unwritten law of Pokemon that dictates that all starters must be OU (and even if THAT existed, there's nothing wrong with breaking a few rules, especially when they aren't necessary). I'm fine with moving Tuskorch to later in the dex if you guys want to make an awesome bulky elephant, but I still want a bulky Fire starter.

In other words, my vote is to move Tuskorch only if the Grass+Dark/Fire+Psychic/Water+Fighting and Balanced/Bulky/Speedy (in that order) triangles remain intact.

IC3R

Smash Lord
So you guys just wanna draw up another Fire/Psychic, and I'll move Tuskorch so it comes later in the Dex, and probably make it a two-stage evolutionary line like Rapidash and Camerupt.

EDIT :: Scratch that. Making it a two-stage means I'd have to lower the BST, which is NOT an option for Tuskorch.

No one really has a problem with Pandarc being the "balanced" Grass (my only problem with it is the fact it knows Taunt, which Grass types aren't supposed to learn, even if they are part Dark), and everyone obviously likes my revision for a speedy Water...whatever it's going to be.

So...any ideas for a "bulky" Fire/Psychic?

Also, the new Sabrina is really Muking hawt.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I want a Volcano Elephant as a fire starter. Srsly. We're starting to doubt Tuskorch, its what Joe WANTS us to do, he is doing some srs mindgames, don't fall for them.

Also......

Evolves into Sheltapede at level 10
Name: Larvatal
Type: Bug
Ability: Shed Skin/Swarm
Stats:
HP- 28
Atk- 30
Def- 65
SpA- 20
SpD- 34
Spe- 20
Total- 212
Ht: 8"
Wt: 5 lbs
Dex:
Larvatal has a special skin on its nose, rendering it indestructable, however, the rest of its body is quite fragile.
Level Up:
-- Tackle
-- Defense Curl
05 Protect
08 Tail Whip

TMs: None

Egg Group: Bug
Egg Moves:
None

Move Tutor:
Headbutt
String Shot
Bug Bite
Rollout

Evolves into Terropede at level 28
Name: Sheltapede
Type: Bug
Ability: Shed Skin/Swarm
Stats:
HP- 48
Atk- 45
Def- 97
SpA- 36
SpD- 50
Spe- 38
Total- 372
Ht: 2'4"
Wt: 55 lbs
Dex:
Sheltapede's shell is extremely hard, when Sheltapede is curled up in a ball, it's as hard to penetrate as a turtle shell.
Level Up:
-- Tackle
-- Defense Curl
05 Protect
08 Tail Whip
10 Bind
14 Rapid Spin
16 Wrap
19 Leech Life
22 Headbutt
24 Swagger
27 Dig
32 Slam
35 Bug Bite
40 Wring Out

TMs:
06 Toxic
10 Hidden Power
12 Taunt
17 Protect
19 Giga Drain
20 Safeguard
21 Frustration
27 Return
28 Dig
32 Double Tem
36 Sludge Bomb
43 Secret Power
44 Rest
45 Attract
58 Endure
82 Sleep Talk
83 Natural Gift
89 U-Turn
90 Substitute
HM06 Rock Smash

Move Tutor:
Headbutt
String Shot
Bug Bite
Rollout
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Mud-slap

Name: Terropede
Type: Bug/Dark
Ability: Intimidate/Swarm
Stats:
HP- 55
Atk- 60
Def- 128
SpA- 45
SpD- 65
Spe- 45
Total- 398
Ht: 4’8”
Wt: 135 lbs
Dex:
Terropede’s legs can move fast enough for it to crawl at up to 14mph, and has pincers strong enough to crush bone.
Level Up:
-- Quick Attack
-- Agility
-- Night Slash
-- Bite
-- Tackle
-- Defense Curl
05 Protect
08 Tail Whip
10 Bind
14 Rapid Spin
16 Wrap
19 Leech Life
22 Headbutt
24 Swagger
27 Dig
28 Faint Attack
32 Slash
37 X-Scissor
43 Crunch
49 Crush Claw
56 Slack Off
65 Crush Grip

TMs:
06 Toxic
10 Hidden Power
12 Taunt
15 Hyper Beam
17 Protect
19 Giga Drain
20 Safeguard
21 Frustration
27 Return
28 Dig
31 Brick Break
32 Double Tem
36 Sludge Bomb
41 Torment
42 Facade
43 Secret Power
44 Rest
46 Thief
49 Snatch
54 False Swipe
56 Fling
58 Endure
63 Embargo
65 Shadow Claw
66 Payback
68 Giga Impact
75 Swords Dance
81 X-scissor
82 Sleep Talk
83 Natural Gift
89 U-Turn
90 Substitute
HM01 Cut
HM06 Rock Smash

Move Tutor:
Headbutt
String Shot
Bug Bite
Rollout
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Mud-slap
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Fury Cutter
Ancientpower
Super Fang
Superpower

Ayup. This useless bug is far from useless, but I don't think its un-useless enough to crawl out of NU.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think Tuskorch could use a different ability, so I guess I'm behind moving it to later in the 'Dex. But what will we use for a Fire/Psychic starter now? Maybe our next item up for debate will be Pandark and family.

@Terropede: 14 mph?! That's insane!

Also, there's no need to kick JOE! out. No MYM-ish drama, please.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I JUST Remembered that I had this old Fakemon on my computer from eons ago.

Evolves into Novajet at level 42:
Orburn:

Steel/Fire Type
Ht- 4' 5''
Wt- 263 lbs
Stats:
HP: 45
Atk: 45
Def: 70
SpA: 55
SpD: 47
Spe: 35
Total: 297
Ability: Clear Body
Dex Entry:
A Machine that has burners on its head. Its body is made out of the most durable steel in the universe, but it is so thin that it can barely support its own internal components.
Moves:
Lv. -- Iron Defense
Lv. 05 Tackle
Lv. 13 Ember
Lv. 19 Sunny Day
Lv. 19 Metal Claw
Lv. 24 Trick Room
Lv. 28 Spikes
Lv. 33 Flame Wheel
Lv. 38 Mirror Shot
Lv. 43 Power Gem
Lv. 47 Psybeam
Lv. 52 Fire Blast
Lv. 58 Flash Cannon
Lv. 65 Meteor Mash

TMs and HMs:
06- Toxic
10- Hidden Power
11- Sunny Day
12- Taunt
16- Light Screen
17- Protect
20- Safeguard
21- Frustration
24- Thunder Bolt
26- Earthquake
27- Return
31- Brick Break
33- Reflect
34- Shock Wave
35- Flamethrower
38- Fire Blast
39- Rock Tomb
44- Rest
50- Overheat
57- Charge Beam
58- Endure
61- Will-o-Wisp
64- Explosion
67- Recycle
70- Flash
74- Gyro Ball
76- Stealth Rock
80- Rock Slide
90- Substitute
91- Flash Cannon
92- Trick Room
HM4- Strength
HM6- Rock Smash

Move Tutor:
Fire Punch
Vacuum Wave
Zen Headbutt
Magnet Rise
Heat Wave
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Rollout
Signal Beam
Block
Headbutt

Novajet

Steel/Fire Type
Ht- 4' 8''
Wt- 397 lbs
Stats:
HP: 65
Atk: 75
Def: 95
SpA: 100
SpD: 60
Spe: 92
Total: 487
Ability: Levitate
Dex Entry:
The Machine has thickened its outer shell, and flipped to support itself with its jet, rather than its legs. Its Hyper-advanced technology rivals Most Man-made flying crafts.
Moves:
Lv. -- Iron Defense
Lv. 05 Tackle
Lv. 13 Ember
Lv. 19 Sunny Day
Lv. 19 Metal Burst
Lv. 24 Agility
Lv. 28 Spikes
Lv. 33 Flame Wheel
Lv. 38 Mirror Shot
Lv. 42 Dark Pulse
Lv. 47 Fly
Lv. 55 Psybeam
Lv. 61 Fire Blast
Lv. 70 Flash Cannon
Lv. 81 Aura Sphere

TMs and HMs:
06- Toxic
10- Hidden Power
11- Sunny Day
12- Taunt
15- Hyper Beam
16- Light Screen
17- Protect
20- Safeguard
21- Frustration
24- Thunder Bolt
26- Earthquake
27- Return
31- Brick Break
33- Reflect
34- Shock Wave
35- Flamethrower
38- Fire Blast
39- Rock Tomb
40- Aerial Ace
42- Facade
44- Rest
50- Overheat
57- Charge Beam
58- Endure
61- Will-o-Wisp
64- Explosion
67- Recycle
68- Giga Impact
69- Rock Polish
70- Flash
74- Gyro Ball
76- Stealth Rock
80- Rock Slide
90- Substitute
91- Flash Cannon
92- Trick Room
HM2- Fly
HM4- Strength
HM5- Defog
HM6- Rock Smash

Move Tutor:
Fire Punch
Vacuum Wave
Zen Headbutt
Magnet Rise
Heat Wave
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Rollout

IC3R

Smash Lord
I want a Volcano Elephant as a fire starter. Srsly. We're starting to doubt Tuskorch, its what Joe WANTS us to do, he is doing some srs mindgames, don't fall for them.
As much I hate it, and as much as I love breaking the mold and being original, I also hate having a great idea be utterly worthless. So in a sense, he's right.

However, Tuskorch is on-par with Flareon in terms of awesome, but I don't want it to be as useless--although I have a plan to help out Flareon, because the guy needs it badly--so I'm moving it to later in the dex.

Would you rather it suck with Blaze, or do you want it to ignore the residual damage hell we call Stealth Rock--which happens to be the bane of most Fire types--with Magic Guard? With Magic Guard, it would double as a Toxic absorber (being Fire type renders it immune to burns), which would theoretically help with its tanking ability. Or it could get Filter, but its usefulness is limited due to the amount of common weaknesses it has:

With Filter, MixMence's LO Earthquake would do 32%-38%.
Latias' non-boosted Surf would do 40%-47%, but Tuskorch shouldn't even be in play at that point, unless you have a TON of CMs.
Non-CB Tar's Stone Edge does 45%-53% to the standard set, and Crunch only does 36%-42%.
Defensive Rotom-A does 34%-41% with Shadow Ball. Booster Rotom-A does 40%-48% with no boosts.
Timid Gengar's LO Shadow Ball does 65%-77%, although if you've used Calm Mind, that number drops to 58%-69%. Although, if you are running Psychic, you have no fear since you will OHKO it with only 4 SpAt EVs invested.
DD Gyara does 48%-56% with +0 LO Waterfall, and 72%-85% with +1 LO Waterfall. If you're ballsy enough to use Zap Cannon, you may just score a OHKO if you're at least half-lucky. And if you don't OHKO it, it'll be paralyzed, leaving either LO recoil or your other attack to kill. Charge Beam and HP Elec are slightly safer options, as would simply Burning with Will-o-Wisp and switching.

As you can see, with Filter, some of Tuskorch's switch-ins will have a slightly tougher time immediately 2HKOing it.

Tuskorch also immediately threatens everyone's favorite OU Pokemon, Scizor. Unless Scizor has already U-Turned when you switch in, you can basically get a free Calm Mind. CB Scizor's Pursuit does 38%-45% without Filter. Tuskorch significantly outspeeds most Scizors, threatening to OHKO with Lava Plume for a minimum of 129% damage on the bulky variants, so staying in is not an option for Scizor (unless it's taking the fall for a teammate).
Even the Swords Dance sets stand no chance. A +2 Tech-boosted LO Bug Bite coming off Max Att. only deals 71%-84%, meaning Tuskorch wins with Lava Plume or whatever high-powered Fire move you opt to use. +2 Tech-boosted LO Bullet Punch does a measly 24%-29%, but you can just Recover that off, giving Scizor a figurative middle finger. :)

And since it will no longer be the starter, I can raise its BST slightly, if just to help its bulkiness and increase Filter's viability.
I've also given it reliable recovery in the form of (lol) Recover, since Morning Sun just sucks with Tyranitar currently being the 4th most-used Pokemon.
In my opinion, Tuskorch desperately needed these things to be considered a "decent" Pokemon.

And just for lulz, I can give it Rapid Spin as an Egg Move. With the Magic Guard ability it can come in and Spin Rocks and Spikes away, taking no damage from the entry hazards, giving it another use. Not to mention the Trick Room set I'm working on :)

Of course, that doesn't stop us from using a bulky Fire starter; it's just going to be a really poor and pointless idea to start with it, since Tuskorch will theoretically be able to do the job better. Yeah, it'll be overshadowed, but at least it's not one starter overshadowing another (i.e.: Blaziken and Infernape)...

I was thinking the new Fire starter could be based on some sort of inanimate object.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Quick suggestion for Tuskorch's ability (if he is going to be later in the Dex). Elephants are kind of known to be super careful where they walk, even though they're really big. Give it an ability that allows it to not get hurt by entry hazards :) It would help make him more defensive <3

And I really like the ideas about the region. I personally don't think there should be a fire gym, but that's just me. I was looking up names for spices on wikipedia, and the spice "spikenard" HAS to be used lol. Also, woodruff is a name of a spice that I like, maybe for the grass gym.

Edit: Just kidding filter sounds like a much more useful ability :p

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Here's a sketch I made of Pandark, because I thought it needed a face:

It has a shaggy coat of thick moss on its back, which now resembles a cloak that drapes its shoulders as well. It's not covered in tattoos, as in its original description, but it still has half a yin-yang on its belly. I also decided to also give it a stick of bamboo to chew on, for some personality (wonder where he got it from?). Sightings of Pandark in dense forests may have inspired the Bigfoot myth. It was once known as "The Wise One of the Forest" in rural villages. /extraflavortext

I'm sure someone can come up with a better design, though.

EDIT: @Moozle: Magic Guard should take care of the entry hazard problem. It seems like it would make some sense too, given everything we've come up with for Tuskorch so far.

Lol, what is "spikenard"? *goes to research* Feel free to contribute any more ideas!

JOE!

Smash Hero
lol, is he smoking bamboo?

also, as for Ulti, you are just mad that every time you speak since ive come to the Poke-center Ive essentially shut you down.

Just take a gander of how I single-handedly ruined your "what if pokemon were real?" thread by simply answering your question :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
anyways, as for arguing its essentially how Ive made my name here, you know..with the biggest debate-esque thread on the site.

So it's kindof in my nature to be like that, if it has put anyone off, Im sorry.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
anyways, as for arguing its essentially how Ive made my name here, you know..with the biggest flaming thread on the site.

So it's kindof in my nature to be like that, if it has put anyone off, Im sorry.
Fixed that for you.

You're welcome.

JOE!

Smash Hero
how is it flaming at all?

we just attack people who come in and post dumb crap like when ray Calm said ganondorf could cause literal earthquakes by punching the ground...

IC3R

Smash Lord
Quick suggestion for Tuskorch's ability (if he is going to be later in the Dex). Elephants are kind of known to be super careful where they walk, even though they're really big. Give it an ability that allows it to not get hurt by entry hazards :) It would help make him more defensive <3
You mean Magic Guard?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
lol, is he smoking bamboo?

also, as for Ulti, you are just mad that every time you speak since ive come to the Poke-center Ive essentially shut you down.

Just take a gander of how I single-handedly ruined your "what if pokemon were real?" thread by simply answering your question :p
Not cool. Quit it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The fact that only Clefable has it and the fact that its quite an amazing ability which makes the skinny Blissey almost as good as her fat cousin makes it quite memorable.

IC3R

Smash Lord
You don't hear Clefable often brought up in competitive discussion, but that's not the point.

In any case, either Magic Guard or Filter would immediately make Tuskorch a better Pokemon, not to mention I boosted its stats slightly:

Base Stats
HP - 115
Attack - 60
Defense - 102
Special Attack - 111
Special Defense - 98
Speed - 69
(Base Stat Total: 555)

I'm working on a standard set, but with two new abilities, the decision is hard to make on which one would work more efficiently.

Should it have Magic Guard, Filter, or both?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

And I really like the ideas about the region. I personally don't think there should be a fire gym, but that's just me. I was looking up names for spices on wikipedia, and the spice "spikenard" HAS to be used lol. Also, woodruff is a name of a spice that I like, maybe for the grass gym.

Edit: Just kidding filter sounds like a much more useful ability :p
My only issue with Filter is that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense on him. Magic Guard does, but I'm on Ulti's side in that its placement makes it memorable; almost too memorable to want to put on something else (like Wonder Guard). And I don't know what we'd call it, but there could be an ability that lets it only take half damage from entry hazards (thus careful stepping. It can't avoid all of it because it's too big, but it can avoid most of it!). SR would deal neutral damage, three layers of spikes would deal 12.5% damage, and maybe...even two layers of Toxic Spikes could give normal Poison and one layer could not give Poison at all? I don't know, just a thought. Not even I think it's a great idea, but it's something.

Don't expect me to get too much into this though (so edit it without me please), I only plan on being on for like...15 minutes every morning now until I get used to working again. My entire body hurts. ;-;

Top Bottom