• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

JOE!

Smash Hero
A Fighter trio could be based on different fighting styles...

One could be like a Pro Wreslter/Luchador

One is a Knight type (as mentioned earlier)

and the third could be like a ninja

each one could also specialize in ATTK, DEF and SPD to make them unique and true to their roles...now for secondary typing...?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
A Fighter trio could be based on different fighting styles...

One could be like a Pro Wreslter/Luchador

One is a Knight type (as mentioned earlier)

and the third could be like a ninja

each one could also specialize in ATTK, DEF and SPD to make them unique and true to their roles...now for secondary typing...?
What about a samurai? :bee:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah, they're not really based on "bugs" exactly.

Could there possibly be any redeeming qualities for a Fire/Bug type?
2x weakness to Flying (not bad at all) and Water (kinda bad), 4x weakness to Rock (REALLY BAD $*#&$#^), but a .5x resistance to Fighting (good!), Bug (kinda good!), Ice (yay!), and Steel (good!), and a .25x resistance to Grass (eh?).

Too bad Bugs aren't resistant to Rock instead of weak to it, because then yes, it would have some redeeming qualities.

While you're doing the legendaries, I'd also consider doing the semi-legendary as well. The semi-legendary is a 600 BST Pokemon that is basically guaranteed to sit no lower than OU, for one reason or another. Its typing tends to be really good for offensive, and the trend is that one of the types has to be immune to something. It also usually has an ability that's at least semi-useful and may also give it a niche of sorts. The criteria for catching it usually involves going to a semi-special place, and it tends to be uncommon->rare to find and is slightly complicated to catch. There have been 5 of these at this point in Pokemon: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, and Garchomp. Metagross is the only one with the exception to most of these rules (good defensive typing, not caught at all, etc.), but it tends to be complicated to train instead.

Just thought I'd throw it out there. :)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
2x weakness to Flying (not bad at all) and Water (kinda bad), 4x weakness to Rock (REALLY BAD $*#&$#^), but a .5x resistance to Fighting (good!), Bug (kinda good!), Ice (yay!), and Steel (good!), and a .25x resistance to Grass (eh?).

Too bad Bugs aren't resistant to Rock instead of weak to it, because then yes, it would have some redeeming qualities.

While you're doing the legendaries, I'd also consider doing the semi-legendary as well. Just thought I'd throw it out there. :)
Yeah, this'll probably end up being one of those throwaway bugs in the beginning of the game. Working out design....

Indeed, what sort of monstrous beast will serve as our semi-legendar(ies)? Another Dragon? Rock? Steel? Something we've already put forth? Something brand new?

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Indeed, what sort of monstrous beast will serve as our semi-legendar(ies)? Another Dragon? Rock? Steel? Something we've already put forth? Something brand new?
I think Wizzerd put forward a design earlier about a Dragon/Poison type. Perhaps we could use that? But that's not immune to anything.

Either way, it has to be part-Flying/-Ground/-Dark/-Steel/-Ghost, if we don't count abilities that provide immunities (eg. Flash Fire, Levitate). Considering that Ghost is the only one that hasn't been done yet, maybe we could try that.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A Grass / Steel with Levitate would be 4x weak to Fire, but resist a whole lot of crap.
A Water / Steel with Water Absorb would be immune to Poison, Water, resist a whole lot of crap, and be weak to Electric, Ground, and Fighting.
A Ghost / Ground with Leviate would be immune to Normal, Fighting, Ground, and be weak to Ghost. Water, and Grass.

-Terywj

Moozle

Smash Champion
I think both are good ideas. Bugs haven't been done but fighting could be cool with different type combos. Fight/Psychic, Fight/Dark, Fight/Electric??, etc.
Fighting/Psychic, Fighting/Dark, Fighting/Ghost would be pretty awesome ^^. I like the idea of different types of warriors, like ninjas and stuff.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I think Wizzerd put forward a design earlier about a Dragon/Poison type. Perhaps we could use that? But that's not immune to anything.
I did indeed make one (Kommodon), but it's my first custom Pokemon ever and it's not very well designed in retrorespect, with not much focus in stats in terms of how he works and a couple of unfitting attacks like Close Combat. Still, Dragon/Poison could be an interesting type combination seeing as it has a bunch of resistances to Fire, Water, Electric, Poison, Bug, Fighting and Grass. Maybe someone can do a revision of it like with my water starter?

Steel/Ghost for semi-legendary, perhaps? Three immunities and only two weaknesses, one of which can be nullified by levitate? No idea how that could work out though. Maybe a genie anchored to a steel lamp, but in that case Levitate wouldn't make much sense...

EDIT: Just remembered a steel/ghost was suggested earlier in the thread >.>

JOE!

Smash Hero
a samurai would be too close to the Knight in concept, as the difference is really where theyre from....

also, the semi-legedary is usually based off of somethign particulary menacing:

Dragon, Godzilla, Western Dragon, Evil Robot, FIghter Jet of WWII

so based on the model we have 3 monsters, non monster, then a mixture...

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Wow! So many great ideas so far in this thread!

atm, I can think of one thing for consideration: for the sequence of travel, to keep it from being so linear, we could do what GF did in DP with Hearthome (or Petalburg in RSE) where you visit the city somewhat early, but cannot challenge the gym until you beat a certain number of other gyms.

I might try to come up with an idea or two for pokemon later, but don't expect any pics from me.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
We're not done yet!

Wow! So many great ideas so far in this thread!

atm, I can think of one thing for consideration: for the sequence of travel, to keep it from being so linear, we could do what GF did in DP with Hearthome (or Petalburg in RSE) where you visit the city somewhat early, but cannot challenge the gym until you beat a certain number of other gyms.

I might try to come up with an idea or two for pokemon later, but don't expect any pics from me.
Good idea, SpiredMoth; I think Sage Town would be a good candidate for the "revisited" city. We look forward to seeing what you've got!

And now for a Pokemon...

Thermite

Evolves into Extermite at LV27
Type: Bug / Fire
Ability: Swarm / Huge Power

HP: 40
Atk: 30
Def: 40
Sp Atk: 60
Sp Def: 40
Spd: 40
BST: 250

Class: Burrowing Pokemon
Length: 1'8''
Weight: 14 lbs.
Colors: Its body is mostly rusty red, while its legs and mandibles are darker. Its eyes are light blue.
Pokedex Entries:
- Its abdomen is filled with various flammable gases. In addition to its powerful jaws, it shoots flames from its mouth to dig tunnels and defend its nest.
- A resilient Pokemon, it lives in large colonies underground or in mounds. It uses its flaming antennae to light the way in dark tunnels.

Level Up Moves:

- Ember
- Sand-attack
5 Fury Cutter
9 Bite
13 Fire Spin
16 Focus Energy
19 Dig
25 Flamethrower
28 Crunch
32 Super Fang
36 X-Scissor
40 Earth Power

TM/HM Moves:

Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Taunt
Protect
Giga Drain
Frustration
Return
Dig
Double Team
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Sandstorm
Fire Blast
Rest
Attract
Thief
Overheat
False Swipe
Endure
Will-o-Wisp
Silver Wind
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Poison Jab
Swagger
U-Turn
Substitute
Cut
Strength

Move Tutor Moves:

Fury Cutter
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Snore
Swift
Earth Power
Endeavor
Gunk Shot
Heat Wave
Iron Head
Mud Slap
Signal Beam
Superpower

Egg Moves (Bug Egg Group):

Poison Sting
Cross Poison
Rage
Pursuit
Endeavor
Poison Fang
Agility
Baton Pass
Quick Attack
Iron Head
Night Slash

Extermite

Evolves from Thermite at LV27
Type: Bug / Fire
Ability: Swarm / Huge Power

HP: 70
Atk: 60
Def: 80
Sp Atk: 100
Sp Def: 80
Spd: 70
BST: 460

Class: Defender Pokemon
Length: 5'00"
Weight: 80 lbs.
Colors: Its body is rusty red, while its limbs, antennae, and mandibles are darker. Its eyes are light blue.
Pokedex Entries:
- It serves as a soldier to defend the colony of Thermites. Extermite patrol the boundaries of the nest, driving away attackers by using their jaws and shooting fire.
- It has evolved flamethrowers on its forelimbs, and its supply of gases is now located on its back. It doesn't spend much time in burrows.

Level Up Moves:

- Ember
- Sand-attack
7 Fury Cutter
10 Bite
14 Fire Spin
17 Focus Energy
21 Dig
26 Flamethrower
31 Crunch
37 Super Fang
41 X-Scissor
48 Earth Power

TM/HM Moves:

Toxic
Hidden Power
Sunny Day
Taunt
Hyper Beam
Protect
Giga Drain
Frustration
Earthquake
Return
Dig
Double Team
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Sandstorm
Fire Blast
Rest
Attract
Thief
Overheat
False Swipe
Endure
Will-o-Wisp
Silver Wind
Giga Impact
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Poison Jab
Swagger
U-Turn
Substitute
Cut
Strength

Move Tutor Moves:

Fire Punch
Fury Cutter

Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Snore
Swift
Earth Power
Endeavor
Gunk Shot
Heat Wave
Iron Head
Mud Slap
Signal Beam
Superpower

Egg Moves (Bug Egg Group):

Poison Sting
Cross Poison
Rage
Pursuit
Endeavor
Poison Fang
Agility
Baton Pass
Quick Attack
Iron Head
Night Slash

And lastly....

Tohoko v.3

IC3R

Smash Lord
I like those Fire Ant/Termite Pokemon, FF! :)

I'm still tweaking the four Wyverns, although it will be odd using a Draconic Elemental Quartet instead of a trio...I can't believe this thread was dead for two whole days!!!

/rage

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Thanks IC3R!

*hopes no one notices that they're named after termites, though it's not a stretch to say they're also based on them*

Blame my inactivity on the recent snow day in my location. :) Looking forward to the Elemental Quartet.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I hate Stealth Rock! *indeed*

I figure Swarm makes the most sense of the two as well. I just wanted to give Compoundeyes some love; it works well with Fire Blast and...uhh...Fury Cutter and...Gunk Shot. I'd probably go with Huge Power anyway.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
What, Huge Power? (I guess not, but I kinda wanted to take the best of both worlds; they're based mostly on ants, but I couldn't pass up the naming opportunity. So let's just say they're based on ants and termites! :bee:)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Gah. I apologize for the double-post.

Ocelord - King Goldfish Pokemon
(Evolves from Seaking upon learning Aqua Crush at sea)

Type: Water
Ability: Serene Grace / Water Veil

HP - 98
Atk - 112
Def - 85
Sp Atk - 85
Sp Def - 98
Spd - 90

It's movepool basically encompasses all of Seaking's moves. Return, Waterfall, Megahorn, etc. New moves include Stone Edge, Recover, Dragon Dance, and Ocelord's unique move Aqua Crush.

Aqua Crush - Physical [Water] 100 Pow. / 85 Acc., 10 PP - 10% chance of lowering opponent's Defense 1 stage

Offensive Ocelord
Ocelord @ Life Orb
Serene Grace / Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Aqua Crush
~ Return / Double-Edge / Body Slam
~ Poison Jab / Stone Edge
~ Recover
Serene Grace works well on Ocelord, giving it useful boosts to the side effects of Aqua Crush, Poison Jab, and Body Slam. Aqua Crush and Return provide coverage for everything but Empoleon and Shedinja. Double-Edge is listed for the power boost but be wary of the recoil alongside from Life Orb. Body Slam, thanks to Serene Grace now has 60% chance of lowering your opponent's Speed, something Ocelord will be happy to have. Poison Jab hits Grass-types for supereffective damage, while Recover recovers excess damage.

Support Ocelord
Ocelord @ Leftovers
Water Veil or Serene Grace / Impish
252 HP / 200 Sp Def / 56 Def
~ Aqua Crush / Body Slam
~ Substitute
~ Aqua Ring
~ Protect
Either Aqua Crush or Body Slam works on this set, it all depends on which your team has less problems with: Grass- or Rock- / Steel-types. 98 / 85 / 98 isn't particularily bulky but it can work, through Substitute, Aqua Ring, and Protect. Either ability is fine, although if you choose Serene Grace you're better off running Body Slam to pump up the paralysis chance to 60%.

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Oh, I see. Yes, you're right, termites tend to have pretty bad eyesight while ants have much better eyes. I guess Swarm > Compoundeyes if I want to blur the line between ants and termites.

I'm a Zoology major, but I'm trying to blend together two insects that aren't even that closely related (termites are more related to roaches).

EDIT: **** yeah, Seaking!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I like its evolution method. I'd make Aqua Crush maybe a little less accurate (85%?), maybe a little stronger (120?), and maybe bump up its Defense drop chance (20%?), just to kinda differentiate it a bit. Otherwise, he's a cool dude.

His name makes me think of ocelots, though.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Oh, I wouldn't make the move more powerful. I could agree with an accuracy drop though. 85% sounds about right, as that gives it more power than Aqua Tail, plus an added effect, for a 5% lower accuracy. Sounds like a good trade-off imo. Plus like I just told him on AIM, there's the DD Serene Grace set where it can basically DD and abuse Body Slam as much as it wants while also Recovering off damage. If one was lucky enough, this thing could essentially spell GG with just one DD under its belt; the exception of course being if the opponent has a base 91+ that's scarfed (which can be baited and dealt with earlier in the game anyway). And to me, that's insane enough.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I dunno...Probopass doesn't look like it's getting out of NU anytime soon, but I get what you're saying.

Thanks!
I'll hope that you weren't being sarcastic.

-Terywj

IC3R

Smash Lord
Why does Ocealord get Dragon Dance and Recover randomly?

EDIT:: On the topic of draconic Pokemon, I had an idea for a new item: Dragons Pact.

Should I make a thread about it?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I cannot describe to you in words how long I had the Tab for these open NOT doing anything, just procrastinating getting this done.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I cannot describe to you in words how long I had the Tab for these open NOT doing anything, just procrastinating getting this done.

Ah! UltiMario has done it again! Seeing my little drawings turn into little sprites makes me happy. (And I don't even ask for them!) :bee: You even gave them better poses than their original drawings. My onl concern is that I think Weedzy's mouth is a little too low. Irrelevant nitpicks aside, you did an awesome job with these!

A Dragon with STAB Fire would be more effective, no?

-Terywj
Maybe that's next on the agenda?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nah man guys my spriting sucks, I just like doing it.

Top Bottom