• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I suggest you making your project from a wifi waiting room, and then, when playable, exporting it to the stage you want

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yes.
:(
It's crashing and crashing

EDIT: If you could test it too...or maybie we try doing it over another Mario Stage from brawl...It's better to do so because of the musics.
yea i think its the new brawlbox, my certain samus stage wont work >_>

and like mewtwo said, we should start easy and go on wifi waiting room, then port it. But Im confused, are we doing this 2D or 3D? Because I don't know how to do it 3D :p

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
oni, can you do your DK 64 stage over something besides the summit? i'd like to try it without taking off summit+.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
oni, can you do your DK 64 stage over something besides the summit? i'd like to try it without taking off summit+.
If you change the name of it to STG(stagename).pac, and take the .rel file and modify it according to this guide, you can have it on any stage you want.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Luigiman have you released the DL links for those Ported stages from that Capcom game that you did on Brawl Box back on that previous post?

If so, can you tell me where it is?

If not, sorry but goodwork

camzy

Smash Journeyman
If you change the name of it to STG(stagename).pac, and take the .rel file and modify it according to this guide, you can have it on any stage you want.
That doesn't work. You have to do something more complicated.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Luigiman have you released the DL links for those Ported stages from that Capcom game that you did on Brawl Box back on that previous post?

If so, can you tell me where it is?

If not, sorry but goodwork
Heres the answer my Good ol Friend Game and Watch (or as i LITERALLY call him, mr beep and beep) said: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE3EEEEEEP

Edit: Also realized i wanted to be in the OP. >.< Cuz i made a cool stage from what some peoplez said.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Lol i was wondering the same thing. I mean all you would have to do is give it an animation and then just make it so that in that animation it goes in and out every once in a while.

OffTopic: Hey its CookieMonster! Its been a while

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Would the UFO move in and out of the stage? also will it be icy as it was in Melee?
If the new brawlbox is really as good as should be with animations, the UFO will move in and out of the stage, and dissapear too, just in melee

If brawlbox not as good as expected, then it will only appear one or two times and then dissapear for the rest of the match ^^U xD

I'll try it when I get some time

shanus

Smash Hero
I see it difficult because of the water refflects and such, a 100% custom FoD would not be much better than the battlefield texture on kc-mm. I'll take it a look anyway ^^U
I'm not so worried on the texturing of it as I am the behaivor. I could envision it as a replacement for spear pillar (their platforms already move up and down, just need a third). Then eliminate the bottom section, and stretch the button downwards.

I'd be happy with a new age FoD even if it had a different texture but same layout.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
I see it difficult because of the water refflects and such, a 100% custom FoD would not be much better than the battlefield texture on kc-mm. I'll take it a look anyway ^^U
Well, for the water reflection, would it be possible to use the water-type portion of Pokemon Stadium 1, and then vertex edit for your own purposes? Just curious if you think it WOULD be possible.

Mit

Smash Ace
I'm not so worried on the texturing of it as I am the behaivor. I could envision it as a replacement for spear pillar (their platforms already move up and down, just need a third). Then eliminate the bottom section, and stretch the button downwards.

I'd be happy with a new age FoD even if it had a different texture but same layout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pWPRtics98

THAT is what needs to be expanded upon. Grab the KC:MM FoD texture, put the moving platforms on it, and perhaps shrink the stage horizontally a bit. Perfect.

Except for the slight slanting of the edges of the stage. And I'm not sure who made that video, but the creator posted that video somewhere in the Brawlbox Showcase thread, so he's on Smashboards.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Reserving a post for the OP. But cuz me is nice, heres a preview of the EPIC stage im workin on.

Club Nintendo.

ShinoBR

Smash Rookie
yea i think its the new brawlbox, my certain samus stage wont work >_>

and like mewtwo said, we should start easy and go on wifi waiting room, then port it. But Im confused, are we doing this 2D or 3D? Because I don't know how to do it 3D :p
It's going to be 3d.
That's why I wanted to do it with someone :bee:
We can try doing it 3d...if we can't, we just make it 2d. :p

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Just thought i'd share some stages:
Ash's world:

Download
Ash's World w/ DP costume:

Download
Rainbow Road:

The only thing i changed for the KK:MM one is the space texture on the ground doesn't have ground
Download
Also would anybody mind fixing the seizure problem with Dream Land?
Here's the file
Now that i got bored of making realm of X character i'm going to finish stormy destination
Oh and i noticed brawlbox finally adds models the correcr way with the latest update :D

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Well, for the water reflection, would it be possible to use the water-type portion of Pokemon Stadium 1, and then vertex edit for your own purposes? Just curious if you think it WOULD be possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pWPRtics98

THAT is what needs to be expanded upon. Grab the KC:MM FoD texture, put the moving platforms on it, and perhaps shrink the stage horizontally a bit. Perfect.

Except for the slight slanting of the edges of the stage. And I'm not sure who made that video, but the creator posted that video somewhere in the Brawlbox Showcase thread, so he's on Smashboards.
Well, I could try it after I finish my 2 main projects next week, the water reflect in Stadium is a great idea, I could try to port the texture to battlefield and make new moving platforms to make it more similar to the original

Anyway, if someone wants to try it before me, you are free to ^^

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
@Mr. Chuy:
Can you edit your Stormy Destination to have collisions of Brawl+ FD?
I really like the stage and wanna record my replays with it, it's just that the collisions I used are from B+ FD = Desync if I use yours :(

Lightning would be awesome too lol

EDIT: Well I actually tried porting the collisions of FD+ to this one but it crashed on me..
Also I noticed that theres a weird collision on the floor compared to the original FD

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
@Mr. Chuy:
Can you edit your Stormy Destination to have collisions of Brawl+ FD?
I really like the stage and wanna record my replays with it, it's just that the collisions I used are from B+ FD = Desync if I use yours :(

Lightning would be awesome too lol

EDIT: Well I actually tried porting the collisions of FD+ to this one but it crashed on me..
Also I noticed that theres a weird collision on the floor compared to the original FD
Yeah i'll do that if i can find it
I'll add lightning once i figure out how to rename color animations via hexing because brawlbox can't add new color animations and i have to figure out what part controls what
i actually noticed that i'll fix ilater when i come home from school

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
{sic}Well, I could try it after I finish my 2 main projects next week {sic}
Would those two main projects be Fourside and Mushroom Kingdom 64? And you would be releasing them next week? I would be VERY pleased if so. I've been looking forward to your projects more than anything here (except model hacking, of course) for a while. Not to sound like I am sucking up, but I am a huge fan of your work.

Also, I'm glad my suggestion about the water could be of some help.

ShinoBR

Smash Rookie
I finally got my first step on stage hacking :bee:

Now I only have to change the camera style and to put the blocks faar away, what is easly done because they move with an animation. :laugh:

:chuckle:HYEAHSZ

I have to load the other parts too, to make the stage itself...If I'm using this stage...

I ask you.
What stage do you think is better to replace in terms of MUSIC it has?

(I'm doing Peach's Castle from ssb64)

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
looks cool but stage with better music im not sure matters much cuz im guessing people will just use the stage expansion + you can hack music already anyway

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
^That.

You can already swap songs playable on stages or used music replacement to play your own songs. Replacing a certain stage solely because of the music is pointless.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've got something that I'm beginning to work on. Can't put any work in it until.. Saturday? Maybe Friday night.

Either way, it's going to be amazing... Assuming it works?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't see anything different other than the collision data is that all you edited?
...Did you miss the "Melee sized" part? The platform is as large as Melee's was. That's all. Well, that and the background is dark now. Dunno how that happened. XD

You're blind if you can't tell the difference. Look at your normal one and then look at this one.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
...Did you miss the "Melee sized" part? The platform is as large as Melee's was. That's all. Well, that and the background is dark now. Dunno how that happened. XD

You're blind if you can't tell the difference. Look at your normal one and then look at this one.
I am blind thank you very much :p
Yeah i figured that out about 5 minutes after posting

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Would those two main projects be Fourside and Mushroom Kingdom 64? And you would be releasing them next week? I would be VERY pleased if so. I've been looking forward to your projects more than anything here (except model hacking, of course) for a while. Not to sound like I am sucking up, but I am a huge fan of your work.

Also, I'm glad my suggestion about the water could be of some help.
Yeah, I was talking about those two, I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish them next week, but it's what I want to do ^^U

I'm pleased with you thinkin that way about my work, thanks ^^

I'll try my best to finish at least one of them for that time ;)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Mewtwo2K - (Hehehe, you kinda sound like M2K abbreviated like that)

Is there anything special that needs to be done when turning custom stages into regular ones? Or can I just like, place each block as its own model data, and run collision data as is appropriate?

Top Bottom