• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
Yeah once you get the hang of it it''s really simple and easy to use
So where do you start if you want to, say, make/import a tree stump model as part of a stage? I'm not really asking for a full tutorial, but I can say that I really have no idea as to a starting point.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I know im gona sound like a n00b asking this but, what do you guys use to do this?!?! I so wana make my own stages.
Hey Welcome to the Smash Worlds forums.

You should be pointed to the Tutorials and FAQ's section of this forum.

Or search Wacka Alpaca on youtube

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You can also download brawlbox, open some stages with it and see what can be done with it, what's each folder for, and that sort of things ^^U

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
@Mr. Chuy: What was the reason stormy FD had wierd collisions? I still wonder about it. Have no idea how to fix it either

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
presently updating op with oni, shadic, todd, luigiman, brawlshifter, and cuckoos

sorry for the delay, i was afk for the weekend

if anybody wants a spot in the op, you gotta say it. i cant possibly keep track of everything, so unless you release like 20 stages in 1 post, i cant be sure if you want that post to go in the op

EDIT: and this has been fixed in teh latest version of brawlbox, right?

Well, first of all extract the modeldata you want to add models to (modeldata[1].brres)

Go hex editing this file and find 3DModels(NW4R), rename it to AnmChr(NW4R)

Go to brawlbox, do the new character animation action as many times as models you need and save

Return to hex, go to AnmChr(NW4R) and rename it to 3DModels(NW4R) again

Find any new CHR0 string and make sure they are the ones that you have created, and rename them to MDL0

Go to brawlbox, you'll have some new models with blank name. You must right click and replace with any valid you have saved previously. When you do this, they automatically get a name, if you use the same model in everyone, they will have the same name

Rename them so they don't have the same name and you should be able to save the brres file

Then go to the stage you extracted the modeldata from and replace it with the new one. It should be it

My Fourside stage has almost 100 models in modeldata[1]

I suppose this could be used for making new color animations, or texture animations, or whatever O.o

Note: If not done correctly, brawlbox will say it can't save the file

Zakeil

Smash Rookie
This is a lot better.

Pretty big.

Well guys here is the beta release. I was getting a bit to excited so I felt it was time to send it out.
There are still some things I have yet to implement but that may take some time. Pkmn Trainer and one of the collision points on the stage are a bit questionable but for the most part itsa beaut.

Couldn't decide which one I wanted to release but they are pretty much the same, so have at. It goes over the Online Training Stage.

Download Here for the normal version.

Download Here
for a nice windy effect while you fight.

All I ask is that you guys have fun and feel inspired to change the texture, the background completely, or even port it to a different stage. (I hope you upload whatever you make)

Special thanks to:
Mewtwo_2000
Razanak7
RandomTBush
BigSharkZ
Brawlshifter
Eldiran

**I wonder if this is good enough to get me a spot on the first post**
Could someone make a .rel file for the windy effect version over RUMBLE FALLS for this? (I don't know why, but the last time I downloaded a .rel for a stage hack, Online Waiting Room turned back into stupid Rumble Falls.)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Sorry I haven't made a fix to my stage yet. I just haven't messed around with animations before...

Could someone post a little guide here on how to use animations to position the stages properly?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The guide is simple, just get your model (stage) moved in the 3D previewer, see how it is in the colission previewer, and then copy the translation/rotation/size parameters you have touched into an animation in the same modeldata[] folder, just be careful you haven't got two models with the same bone names in the modeldata[] folder, and if you get problems with this, just make a new model (empty model, a copy of poketrainer00 or something) and make it the first model in the modeldata[] folder (in some cases, animations don't work for the first model in a modeldata[])

I think this is all you need

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
So it'll loop automatically?

Cause I want to get the stage position fixed up first before I work on Kaboola.

EDIT: Also, if I use two of the same model, I can just rename the bones so they don't mess up each other, right?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
If you want some part of the animation to loop, then make the "unknown2" property = 1

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Lol, stealth edit as soon as you posted.

Just one more question(not counting the above) and I'll be done torturing you. ^_^

If I'm just using the animation to edit where the model goes, I don't have to loop, right?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Could someone make a .rel file for the windy effect version over RUMBLE FALLS for this? (I don't know why, but the last time I downloaded a .rel for a stage hack, Online Waiting Room turned back into stupid Rumble Falls.)
The .rel files for the two versions would be the same.
You might be using a code that makes the game load the waiting room instead of Rumble Falls. In that case, name the stage file STGONLINETRAINING.PAC and you won't need a .rel.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Lol, stealth edit as soon as you posted.

Just one more question(not counting the above) and I'll be done torturing you. ^_^

If I'm just using the animation to edit where the model goes, I don't have to loop, right?
Yeah, no need to loop in positioning animations xD

Also, if I use two of the same model, I can just rename the bones so they don't mess up each other, right?
Exactly ^^

Zakeil

Smash Rookie
The .rel files for the two versions would be the same.
You might be using a code that makes the game load the waiting room instead of Rumble Falls. In that case, name the stage file STGONLINETRAINING.PAC and you won't need a .rel.
I did that, but Rumble Falls is still coming up instead of online training room.:(

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Im posting this related to my OP presence. I'd like my color to Rainbow. And if not possible then Green.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
'sup guys.
Still hardcore in progress, so there's a lot of work to be done. Like texturing.

Just figured I'd at least show that I am working on something. And that I give away far too much info when it's 6AM and I can't sleep. :(

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Don't worry Shadic, I don't think you give away too much info at all, cause I don't have a **** clue what your stage is supposed to be aside from a custom stage. XD *SMACKED*

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It replaces bridge of eldin, the fastest thing you can do is place it into your sd, in the private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee folder with the name STGOLDIN.pac if I'm not wrong

Of course this in the case you have enabled ocarina and the sd loading code on ^^U

Then just play eldin to enter Hyrule Castle 2D

BG3

Smash Journeyman
'sup guys.
Still hardcore in progress, so there's a lot of work to be done. Like texturing.

Just figured I'd at least show that I am working on something. And that I give away far too much info when it's 6AM and I can't sleep. :(
Looks a little bit like Hyrule Castle.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
The Storm FD is freakin amazing, def using that. Can't wait for the snowing Battlefield without the slippery crap lol. Bringing back 64 and Melee stages are mad fun too, good work yall.

some-guy

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know where the stage of Falcon holding FD is? Not where his hands are liek FD, but where he's holding the stage like that. I can't seem to find it and I know I've seen it somewhere before. X.x

Top Bottom