• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Hey, some noobish questions that you'll probably answer in no time.

1. How do you attach a collision to a moving model? Whenever I try to edit a new collision, I can't change what model and bone it's attached to.

2. How do you add new models to a stage? Never mind, I found it.

3. If I made a stage over FD, for example, how would I change it to go over Lylat Cruise?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hey, some noobish questions that you'll probably answer in no time.

1. How do you attach a collision to a moving model? Whenever I try to edit a new collision, I can't change what model and bone it's attached to.

2. How do you add new models to a stage? Never mind, I found it.

3. If I made a stage over FD, for example, how would I change it to go over Lylat Cruise?
1.Check the OP i think it has it
3.Edit the .rel file for lylat cruise through this guide

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I had finally a little amount of time to advance a little with mushroom kingdom 64

I'm gettin near to finish it, but I have already some things to make

Anyway, here's a pic

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Mewtwo 2000: Beautiful! Excellent work. It looks fantastic already -- which reminds me, what happened to your excellent Fourside?

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
I had finally a little amount of time to advance a little with mushroom kingdom 64

I'm gettin near to finish it, but I have already some things to make

Anyway, here's a pic

I love you in a non homo way for that. And lol at Shaymin XD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Lovin that Kingdom 64 man!

Oh, I have a question: I FINALLY got my Zebes stage to load! yaaay! However, I had to DRAMATICALLY reduce the ammount of colors, so it looks crappy. The stage itself looks sepia and the background looks like **** :U So how do I increase the colors without it freezing? I'm editing over the hyrule castle stage btw.

EDIT: Nvm, fixed it myself! :) I have some perfecting on collision, then PICS! Whoo!

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@Mewtwo 2000: Beautiful! Excellent work. It looks fantastic already -- which reminds me, what happened to your excellent Fourside?
I'm advancing with it too, I had animated the ufo yesterday, but not finished (I have to make it appear from both sides and then dissapear)

I love you in a non homo way for that. And lol at Shaymin XD
xD

Lovin that Kingdom 64 man!

Oh, I have a question: I FINALLY got my Zebes stage to load! yaaay! However, I had to DRAMATICALLY reduce the ammount of colors, so it looks crappy. The stage itself looks sepia and the background looks like **** :U So how do I increase the colors without it freezing? I'm editing over the hyrule castle stage btw.

EDIT: Nvm, fixed it myself! :) I have some perfecting on collision, then PICS! Whoo!
Is it 2D or 3D? I had changed the type of the 2D object I used in my mushroom kingdom so they aren't needing palettes now, this could be useful to make unlimited-color 2D stages, if that's the case

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Lol, I just got an awesome idea for a Pictochat edit. It'll be mainly a texture hack, but it'll also have changed death lines and the stage hazards will either be removed entirely or just changed so that they can't damage.

EDIT: Also, since I apparently fail at making GCTs, could someone give me one that simply has the File Patch code?

BG3

Smash Journeyman
@Mewtwo2000: That stage is excellent, if not almost perfect. Just a couple tiny things though. On the right side of the stage, there are two brown colored platforms. I'm pretty sure you know this, but I'm just pointing it out. Also, do the pipes do anything in your stage, or are they just for show? Either way, it's cool seeing them.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I'm advancing with it too, I had animated the ufo yesterday, but not finished (I have to make it appear from both sides and then dissapear)

xD

Is it 2D or 3D? I had changed the type of the 2D object I used in my mushroom kingdom so they aren't needing palettes now, this could be useful to make unlimited-color 2D stages, if that's the case
2D. That's all I know how to make xD And what do you mean changed the "type"?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I'm posting this one too, this is alexjol's dragoon on lylat cruise

I just helped him to make it work properly

---Image cut out to not quote the pic---

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ywjw5ljo0y2
The jet flame effect is really distracting because it's in the middle of the stage, and the whole stage disappears when it warps to another area. :ohwell: Otherwise it's a pretty cool stage.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I'll use this post for stages that ApocHedgie and I have made for Brawl.

ApocHedgie

Mystic Cave Zone

Download / Video

RandomTBush

World Martial Arts Tournament

Download / CPU-friendly version by ds22 / Video

------------------------------------------

[collapse=Original Post]My younger brother (ApocHedgie) and I are working on a few stages for Brawl. So far, he's made one 2D stage (using KuroBit's 2D Hyrule Castle as a template), based off of Mystic Cave Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and he wanted me to post it up here for him.

Here's the Youtube video he posted to showcase the stage, and the download link for it. He wants to know what you guys think of it. It is a pretty large stage, though (about the same size as New Pork City?), so I know a few of you won't like it. =/

(And if this post will be linked to in the first post, use this colour, since I'll add to this sometime later.)[/collapse]

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^I'm gonna download it and play on it anyway and I don't even like New Pork City. But I love big stages. Awesome work right there.

Revven

FrankerZ
I would only dislike that stage for two reasons: Walk-offs and how easy it is to just hit and run (perfect for Sonic as shown in the video). I DO however, love you guys for making another Sonic stage that actually looks a lot better than what we got when we bought the game (Green Hill Zone is what I'm referring to).

Encourage your younger bro to continue work like this regardless of how some of the competitive people (like me) feel about the stage. Stuff like this is really cool and may be fun to mess around with in FFAs or something.

He should totally do Chemical Plant Zone next or one of the Eggman boss stages (preferably one that doesn't have walk-offs)

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
By chance, are there any DL links to these stages below? I'd really love to play on them.

Metal Mario Stage (I saw it before!)
Peachs' Castle 64 (Was it even done?)
Dreamland 64 (Was it even done?)
Fourside (I saw it before too!)

Please, guys. I mostly want the Metal Mario Stage. I've always wanted to play on it since Smash 64. I finally see that someone was working on it, then there is no more news about it. Why!?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@RandomT: That is excellent! It looks very nice. Unfortunately, as demonstrated by the video, it'd be near impossible to battle on properly (too many loops). I can think of a number of good, playable stages that could be made by cutting it into smaller chunks, though.

For example, cutting the stage vertically down the middle and using either half... or even cutting the stage into quarters and using any one quarter. Or cutting the stage horizontally in the center and removing the center platform.

It's good though; I'm just being harsh because feedback was requested. I'd be glad to see more quality 2D stages from good source material.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
How do you attach collisions to moving objects?

I checked the OP (well, the whole of the 1st page), and it said to right click the object list. That only allowed me to make new collision data, snap, or delete.

But how do you change what model and bone it's attached to?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@Mewtwo2000: That stage is excellent, if not almost perfect. Just a couple tiny things though. On the right side of the stage, there are two brown colored platforms. I'm pretty sure you know this, but I'm just pointing it out. Also, do the pipes do anything in your stage, or are they just for show? Either way, it's cool seeing them.
At the moment they just show, but my plan from the beginning is trying to make some warping system that's in my mind. If I make it and people don't really like it, I can make a warpless version too. Anyway, it's in my mind and I'm not sure if it will work properly when made

2D. That's all I know how to make xD And what do you mean changed the "type"?
I mean it works with a different type of texture, and doesn't need a palleted texture anymore

I did this because of some flashing and coloring problems I had when I was starting the stage. I tried everything to fix the palletes, and the last (and successful) thing I did was changing it from I8 (I guess) to CMPR

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
There's a text box but I can't type in anything.
Click on the model of your choice in the list of models, then go to the bone you wish to attach it to, and click on the + button. If you make a mistake, just click the - button and try again.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
At the moment they just show, but my plan from the beginning is trying to make some warping system that's in my mind. If I make it and people don't really like it, I can make a warpless version too. Anyway, it's in my mind and I'm not sure if it will work properly when made

I mean it works with a different type of texture, and doesn't need a palleted texture anymore

I did this because of some flashing and coloring problems I had when I was starting the stage. I tried everything to fix the palletes, and the last (and successful) thing I did was changing it from I8 (I guess) to CMPR
Ohh I see. Well, yeah the stage looks loads better now, but I think theres still room for improvement. Oh, and I tried loading it over Brinstar, and no lava ever showed up :U I'll keep it as the base anyway though.

EDIT: Oh, and to whoever made that Venom stage, go extract the model with "Enkei" in it from a brinstar texture. There's your cave :)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
So, if I use a modified rel file to load my stage instead of Rumble Falls or whatever it was called, does it load the Wi-fi Waiting Room's music or the normal stage music?

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Right now I'm working on two new custom stages.

#1. The Roost: I'm attempting to make the Roost into a stage by taking the appropriate characters and props from the AC stage and putting them in some enclosed place then texture it too look like the Roost. I haven't really looked for or found an appropriate background area to use, but I've got Brewster and K.K. Slider ready to insert. I may end up editing a spring to use as tables :p

#2. Mario Party Picnic*: This is simpler and harder than The Roost as I've got a lot more animated things to add. This stage is essentially Mario characters in the background of the stage frolicking and watching the players fight. This is harder in the fact that I have to give all of them custom animations and what not.

Also if anyone has suggestions for Mario characters in Brawl (or perhaps from imported models) besides: Waluigi, Daisy(Peach), Petey, Hammer Bro or Shy Guy in a kart please feel free to tell me. Or better yet, send me a working model through PM or Skype (Angelglory69)

kthnxbai
(*= name is tentative)

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
No and neither is Birdo, but I did manage to grab Goomba, Koopa (Para)Troopa and Bullet Bill as well as snagging Toad off of Peach's Motion file.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I'm going to animate them all, of course. It'd be boring if they just stood there. :p

For example, Bullet Bill will probably just fly back and forth while maybe Goomba and Hammer Bros play tennis with a Koopa shell. Petey will be the hardest since his arms are separate models from his body.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Ohh I see. Well, yeah the stage looks loads better now, but I think theres still room for improvement. Oh, and I tried loading it over Brinstar, and no lava ever showed up :U I'll keep it as the base anyway though.

EDIT: Oh, and to whoever made that Venom stage, go extract the model with "Enkei" in it from a brinstar texture. There's your cave :)
I'll get the cave and the airwings (showing up airwings where you can stand) when I get some time next week. I have to finish fourside and mushroom, though

Progress made with mushroom kingdom 64, the pipes are working! (kind of xD)

The image can't tell any much, but tested and works ^^U xD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Did you make the one that sticks out of the gap in the bottom of the stage? Classic trap xD

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Not yet, the pipe exist now (yesterday didn't exist yet) but I've focused in the main warping "system" to work "properly"

I'll implement the trap next week I suppose xD

I'm hoping to release it within next week or in the following one ^^U

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Not yet, the pipe exist now (yesterday didn't exist yet) but I've focused in the main warping "system" to work "properly"

I'll implement the trap next week I suppose xD

I'm hoping to release it within next week or in the following one ^^U
Ah. Well I'm looking forward to that and Fourside for sure. More Fourside really, because I grew up with Melee, and 64 I got last friday (the actual cartridge too, bc my buddy gave me his N64!)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
How exactly do stage lights work? A friend and I have had no luck in changing how they effect the stage itself.

Top Bottom