• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
I'll get the cave and the airwings (showing up airwings where you can stand) when I get some time next week. I have to finish fourside and mushroom, though

Progress made with mushroom kingdom 64, the pipes are working! (kind of xD)

The image can't tell any much, but tested and works ^^U xD

How the heck did you do that? D:

Darkurai

Smash Master
This is a lot better.

Pretty big.

Well guys here is the beta release. I was getting a bit to excited so I felt it was time to send it out.
There are still some things I have yet to implement but that may take some time. Pkmn Trainer and one of the collision points on the stage are a bit questionable but for the most part itsa beaut.

Couldn't decide which one I wanted to release but they are pretty much the same, so have at. It goes over the Online Training Stage.

Download Here for the normal version.

Download Here
for a nice windy effect while you fight.

All I ask is that you guys have fun and feel inspired to change the texture, the background completely, or even port it to a different stage. (I hope you upload whatever you make)

Special thanks to:
Mewtwo_2000
Razanak7
RandomTBush
BigSharkZ
Brawlshifter
Eldiran

**I wonder if this is good enough to get me a spot on the first post**
I'd like to request that this stage be edited to not replace Wi-Fi Waiting Room

The perpetually-spawning Sandbag makes it REALLY annoying since the Camera needs to zoom out ridiculously to accomodate him.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
I'd like to request that this stage be edited to not replace Wi-Fi Waiting Room

The perpetually-spawning Sandbag makes it REALLY annoying since the Camera needs to zoom out ridiculously to accomodate him.
well i just have a code that replaces him with a coin lol

Zakeil

Smash Rookie
Could I get a download of all the stage .rel files?
And how would I go about changing the file so that the Mystic Cave Zone Stage is over Pictochat?

Mit

Smash Ace
I'll get the cave and the airwings (showing up airwings where you can stand) when I get some time next week. I have to finish fourside and mushroom, though
On the subject of Venom, I had the time to test it out, and I've got some little things to report on it :O (just booted up Melee to confirm too)

All right, the top left wing has some weird properties on it. For whatever reason, if you double jump right below it, as soon as your character is the correct height, he will automatically stand straight up onto the wing, instead of completing his double jump animation and then landing on the platform. The top right wing behaves normally.

Also, both top wings should not have grabbable ledges. You can fall through the wings at the ends and instantly grab them, and they weren't grabbable in Melee D:

Also, the little middle wing/fin/thing is grabbable, although when most characters grab it, they instantly stand up because it's so close to the ground. Again, it wasn't grabbable in Melee D:

Those qualms aside it looks great, and is indeed scaled fairly well (I'd have to play the Melee and Brawl versions back to back to judge better). I look forward to future improvements on it though, especially if you actually get dynamic background geometry to appear, as well as Arwings.

Greatly looking forward the old Mushroom Kingdom (can't believe you got the pipes working!) and Fourside as well.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
hey guys. as i mentioned earlier, im making the temple of time. i want to decorate it with statues. i need ideas for models to put and retexture as statues in the throne room in front of the door of time.
(its a combination the 1st room in Twilight Princess temple of time and the Orcarina Temple of time's windows, and the identical chamber behind the door of time.)

soo...
statue ideas?
i already have Daein knights as sentinels, reliefs from warioware, Darknut and blacknight.
and the triforce.
but....i want to put the 3 godesess in as well. so i need 3 female models i can retexture as statues of the 3 godesses Din, Nyru, and Faore.
So i was thinking Palutena (Pit's godess) as Nyru.
i dont have the 1st clue how to handle the other two tho.

suggestions?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
On the subject of Venom, I had the time to test it out, and I've got some little things to report on it :O (just booted up Melee to confirm too)

All right, the top left wing has some weird properties on it. For whatever reason, if you double jump right below it, as soon as your character is the correct height, he will automatically stand straight up onto the wing, instead of completing his double jump animation and then landing on the platform. The top right wing behaves normally.

Also, both top wings should not have grabbable ledges. You can fall through the wings at the ends and instantly grab them, and they weren't grabbable in Melee D:

Also, the little middle wing/fin/thing is grabbable, although when most characters grab it, they instantly stand up because it's so close to the ground. Again, it wasn't grabbable in Melee D:

Those qualms aside it looks great, and is indeed scaled fairly well (I'd have to play the Melee and Brawl versions back to back to judge better). I look forward to future improvements on it though, especially if you actually get dynamic background geometry to appear, as well as Arwings.

Greatly looking forward the old Mushroom Kingdom (can't believe you got the pipes working!) and Fourside as well.
Yeah, I noticed some weird properties in the wings too, I don't remember if the right one does, but the left one stops you when you're hit from the bottom to the sky, you simply fall into the wing no matter how fast you're thrown

I'll modify the grabbing properties, thanks for report that (I wasn't playing melee for making the stage, a great mistake xD)

Thanks for pointing all this, I'll fix it the next week, with the airwings showing, and I'll see what can I do with the background ^^

Mit

Smash Ace
Yeah, I noticed some weird properties in the wings too, I don't remember if the right one does, but the left one stops you when you're hit from the bottom to the sky, you simply fall into the wing no matter how fast you're thrown

I'll modify the grabbing properties, thanks for report that (I wasn't playing melee for making the stage, a great mistake xD)

Thanks for pointing all this, I'll fix it the next week, with the airwings showing, and I'll see what can I do with the background ^^
No problem :) Keep up the good work. You're easily one of my favorite hackers in the scene right now, mostly because you work on stuff I actually care about, and produce exceptional results :D

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
hey guys. as i mentioned earlier, im making the temple of time. i want to decorate it with statues. i need ideas for models to put and retexture as statues in the throne room in front of the door of time.
(its a combination the 1st room in Twilight Princess temple of time and the Orcarina Temple of time's windows, and the identical chamber behind the door of time.)

soo...
statue ideas?
i already have Daein knights as sentinels, reliefs from warioware, Darknut and blacknight.
and the triforce.
but....i want to put the 3 godesess in as well. so i need 3 female models i can retexture as statues of the 3 godesses Din, Nyru, and Faore.
So i was thinking Palutena (Pit's godess) as Nyru.
i dont have the 1st clue how to handle the other two tho.

suggestions?
Palutena is pre-rendered, unfortunately. Sorry. Perhaps you could do a vertex and texture edit of Zelda for each of the goddesses?

Darkurai

Smash Master
So I'm trying to make a stage collision hack. I'd never done it before, so I just wanted to make a test stage that probably wouldn't be very fun to play on. I used a "Sketch Factory" stage made by someone else (I don't remember who) as a base, and made this:

However, when I loaded it up on the game, there was no working collision data, and the visuals were awfully mangled; it randomly loaded up textures from the characters and interface and stretched them out.

Any idea what I need to do?

Here's the stage file, if having it will help.
http://www.divshare.com/download/10458561-b21

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
just wanted to let you know that the spawn points and death boundries and arewins/wolfens are screwed up. kind of funny.:laugh:
'cuz a wolfen flew onto the stage... dissapeared...but it's collison was still there (invisible platform)
Yeah, I've since realized that. I'll probably try to fix it later today since somebody cares.

Apocolypse3000

Smash Cadet
presently updating op with oni, shadic, todd, luigiman, brawlshifter, and cuckoos

sorry for the delay, i was afk for the weekend

if anybody wants a spot in the op, you gotta say it. i cant possibly keep track of everything, so unless you release like 20 stages in 1 post, i cant be sure if you want that post to go in the op
Sry MK26, should have been more blunt. Yes, if you could please add me to the first post since I will be updating my post and adding more stages to as well. I was on page 13 and this COLOR seems fine. And if anyone makes a vid of my last stage it would be greatly appreicated, so others actually know where you fight on.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm gonna try and fix the spawn points for Mystic Cave zone since Pokemon T-pose.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I took Mr.Chuy's Stormy Destination betav2 and put in Shadow Moses Island lighting and... wow does it look amazing. If I can make some suggestions though... Could you either slow down the scrolling background a lot or make the rain fall on an angle and slow the background a little? It looks a little weird as it is right now. :ohwell:

Here's the Stormy Destination .pac w/ SMI lighting.

Edit: This fixes the platform's colour changing when it would go to the sunny part but instead it makes these little white stars in the warp portal thing right before the sunny part. I think it looks cool though. That's why I left it in, not because I have zero texture hacking skills whatsoever. *cough*

Edit 2: If someone can post a pic for me I'll be grateful. And I'll link the post just because.

Edit 3: Download removed because it's obsolete.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
No problem Apoc, its done

and for future reference, i would appreciate if people would cite post instead of page numbers - im on 40 ppp, so my pages are not your pages (15 ppp's page 13 is on 40 ppp's page 5, etc.)

EDIT: hmmm...would somebody mind making me a Randal model?
you know, the cloud from Yoshi's Story in Melee?
I would be eternally grateful

Mit

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I took Mr.Chuy's Stormy Destination betav2 and put in Shadow Moses Island lighting and... wow does it look amazing. If I can make some suggestions though... Could you either slow down the scrolling background a lot or make the rain fall on an angle and slow the background a little? It looks a little weird as it is right now. :ohwell:

Edit: This fixes the platform's colour changing when it would go to the sunny part but instead it makes these little white stars in the warp portal thing right before the sunny part. I think it looks cool though. That's why I left it in, not because I have zero texture hacking skills whatsoever. *cough*

Edit 2: If someone can post a pic for me I'll be grateful. And I'll link the post just because.
Hey, you sound like you have similar hacking skills to mine! :D

I made a nighttime Yoshi's Island texture a while back, and wanted to swap the lighting with something else in certain parts to prevent such bright lighting and changed colors. I'd also like to mess around with the Melee Destination texture so that it doesn't turn red during the daytime part as well (it should remain bluish). Could you tell me how you replace lighting models? I'm guessing it's as easy as replacing some files, but I'm not sure.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Hey, you sound like you have similar hacking skills to mine! :D

I made a nighttime Yoshi's Island texture a while back, and wanted to swap the lighting with something else in certain parts to prevent such bright lighting and changed colors. I'd also like to mess around with the Melee Destination texture so that it doesn't turn red during the daytime part as well (it should remain bluish). Could you tell me how you replace lighting models? I'm guessing it's as easy as replacing some files, but I'm not sure.
Yeah it's as easy as you think it is. The file SceneData[0] contains all the lighting data so you just export it using BrawlBox and you Replace it on the stage you want.

Btw, the Shadow Moses Island lighting makes everything more pale and bluish. There was a texture hack that turned Castle Siege to a Winter Hyrule Castle type of thing and the 2nd area has SMI Lighting. None of the walls or anything like that had their colours changed. If you find it, you can see the affect that SMI lighting has. I'll go see if I can find it...

Edit: Here's that texture hack. Look at inside the castle and see how it's all bluish? That happened purely by the Shadow Moses Island lighting so you'll have to be a little careful with it. Oh and the only reason I know that's the cause is because I put the original lighting back in because of the minor lighting glitch when it transfers between the phases.

Mit

Smash Ace
Yeah it's as easy as you think it is. The file SceneData[0] contains all the lighting data so you just export it using BrawlBox and you Replace it on the stage you want.

Btw, the Shadow Moses Island lighting makes everything more pale and bluish. There was a texture hack that turned Castle Siege to a Winter Hyrule Castle type of thing and the 2nd area has SMI Lighting. None of the walls or anything like that had their colours changed. If you find it, you can see the affect that SMI lighting has. I'll go see if I can find it...

Edit: Here's that texture hack. Look at inside the castle and see how it's all bluish? That happened purely by the Shadow Moses Island lighting so you'll have to be a little careful with it. Oh and the only reason I know that's the cause is because I put the original lighting because of the minor lighting glitch when it transfers between the phases.
Ah, that's good to know. I think I'll still try it and see what happens. I'll probably mess around with swapping other SceneData's around too. Know of any other stages that produce cool effects? :p

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't know, I haven't done anything with stage textures besides what I already said.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

*applauds* I'll try this out in a bit i was thinking of putting shadow mosses island on it but i didn't think it would look good but apparently i was wrong
As for the background thing it's in the srt0 data which can't be modified in brawlbox but i'm afraid to hex it
i'll add the lighting to the one i'm working on right now and i'll try angling the rain

robinpup

Smash Cadet
hi guys im a big fan of smashbros 64, it will be very cool if some one makes all the 64 stages in brawl =), and a quick question using PSA i can make a kirby like smash 64? and also i want to longer the range of samus charge b like in the 64 version when the charge b never vanishes until reaches the edge of any stage.

robinpup

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I've since realized that. I'll probably try to fix it later today since somebody cares.
Ejolteon ,Your stage of corneria its sooo cool, OMG its so fun to play on it, hope you can fix the stage soon =) . OMG sorry 4 double post i messed up.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I made this from an N64 texture dump:

So I split Saffron City into 3 layers.
Bad news:

Good news: You can see Andross now. Plus, it would look better if only that texture worked.
I think it's using the wrong palette, but I don't know how to change it. Can anyone help?
Download fail stage (over 75m)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I made this from an N64 texture dump:

So I split Saffron City into 3 layers.
Bad news:

Good news: You can see Andross now. Plus, it would look better if only that texture worked.
I think it's using the wrong palette, but I don't know how to change it. Can anyone help?
Download fail stage (over 75m)
I don't know for sure, but have you tried importing the background image as CMPR?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Just thought i'd give you an update on stormy destination:

Download
Thanks to Hozu for the lighting
i guess i'll be calling the a final version because everything i want is done except the lightning for some reason my lightning i had in the one i was working on won't show here i'll try figuring it out or maybe my eyes aren't as they good as they used to be

Teaser for next project:

I might also redo the realm of character stages if anybody wants me because after this i have nothing else i want to do

And does anybody mind fixing up the dream land i posted a while ago i have no idea how to fix palettes

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I don't know for sure, but have you tried importing the background image as CMPR?
When I tried CMPR (Mewtwo_2000's file), it just loaded another one of the textures in the file. Then, when I made them all CMPR, it loaded the on-screen graphics as stage textures (i.e. when paused, it had the a, b, ZL, ZR buttons.) I couldn't grab a picture because then the textures would change. But it looked pretty hilarious.

So I did a really hackish workaround: make all of the textures use the same palette. I put them all next to each other in GIMP, indexed them, then split them up and saved them. I then converted them to TPL with TexConv.exe and hexed them in.
This works! (name as STGDONKEY.PAC)
It gives a very nice effect to the stage. I'll get a picture up in a bit.

EDIT:
From the front
From the side

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
When I tried CMPR (Mewtwo_2000's file), it just loaded another one of the textures in the file. Then, when I made them all CMPR, it loaded the on-screen graphics as stage textures (i.e. when paused, it had the a, b, ZL, ZR buttons.) I couldn't grab a picture because then the textures would change. But it looked pretty hilarious.

So I did a really hackish workaround: make all of the textures use the same palette. I put them all next to each other in GIMP, indexed them, then split them up and saved them. I then converted them to TPL with TexConv.exe and hexed them in.
This works! (name as STGDONKEY.PAC)
It gives a very nice effect to the stage. I'll get a picture up in a bit.

EDIT:
From the front
From the side
i like the saffron city but why did you take wall jumping out on the walls?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The reason was because the N64 game didn't have walljumping. I think I might put it back in, though. Either way, it's easy enough to change with the BrawlBox collision editor.

Mit

Smash Ace
Question about those .rel files.

Can I use the Phantom Wings Stage Expansion method to add stages to the roster that replace different kinds of stage-replaced levels? Like, can I have Online Training-based stages as well as a stage that replaces Hyrule Temple? I want that Brawl+ edited SSE Jungle stage in the expanded roster instead of replacing Temple. I might want some other stages in the future that replace Final Destination or other things as well.

How would I go about doing that? Simply adding more .rel files into my module folder that have 00 stage IDs in them?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

Can I use the Phantom Wings Stage Expansion method to add stages to the roster that replace different kinds of stage-replaced levels? Like, can I have Online Training-based stages as well as a stage that replaces Hyrule Temple? I want that Brawl+ edited SSE Jungle stage in the expanded roster instead of replacing Temple. I might want some other stages in the future that replace Final Destination or other things as well.

How would I go about doing that? Simply adding more .rel files into my module folder that have 00 stage IDs in them?
yeah pretty much

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman

Replace the WWR .rel with the Temple .rel

Top Bottom