• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing Special Mafia: Game Over! Who won?!

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
On a more serious note, since we only have 2.5-3 days or something like that, if I had to choose who has rubbed me the wrong way the most it would be Xonar or Marc.

I think Cello is too eager to clear Moriarty because of their post restriction. Kevin and Tom spam those pics all the time in social boards and it seems a bit too convenient for them to be the ones with a restriction like that. It's like giving M2K a post restriction to talk about Meta Knight. It also seems like a huge mind**** for a small setup, considering the knee-jerk response is to clear them. This game is called "Nothing Special Mafia", so the more I think about the PR, the less I believe it. Even if it's legit I can understand Kataefi's frustration with a player that can only post pics and vote, not to mention it's two capable players on one account. Once again, I'd be disappointed if they did fake it, but that shouldn't get in the way of my judgement. Cello has been very awkward and confusing since the beginning of the game. I applaud his activity, but he can very well prove to be a liability regardless of alignment. That said, he might be on to something with Kataefi, but it's a gut feeling rather than logic.
Any speculation about their relation would be... speculation until at least one of them has flipped. I admittedly went on a tangent about the post restriction, but it's one of their main sources of conflict and is on everyone's mind. A more straight answer is that I'd be comfortable with the lynch of either and am likely to vote Cello.
At large, I find Marc most suspicious for these two posts. In the first, he discusses the post restriction, and ends with how Cello has been awkward/confusing, yet may be onto something with Kataefi.

In the next, if you look, nothing has changed except for Summoner asking Marc his opinion the Kat v Cello. Cello has not spoken since the first quoted post, and neither has Kataefi.

Despite that, Marc has now said he'd be fine with EITHER lynch, more supporting Cello's lynch than Kat's. This is important because in the first quoted post, he said that Cello may be on to something (gut feeling) yet in the next post he's made he's more willing to lynch Cello. It just struck me as odd.

Xonar has been acting mighty different this game. I want to say it's because Marc is around?

I also find the hypocrisy of how to deal with Kevom's behavior astounding. Macman said they agreed to putting them at l-1 to see if they would speak and yet didn't place their own vote there. I just felt like it was something to note.

I fail to see how Kataefi is suspicious for putting his vote on Kevom when he said that's what he was going to do, and said with no hidden agenda it was to see if Kevom would speak.

That said, Kevom is still the most anti-town player we have by far.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Rubbing you wrong because I'm playing differently?

Marc, can you confirm that activity is my hidden super secret dutch metagame? I guess I can't link the games here because they're dutch, but yeah.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for March 6, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 8:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Kataefi: Cello_Marl (:skull:)
Macman: §tarshy, Xonar (:skull: :skull:)
Marc: SummonerAU, Moriarty (:skull: :skull:)
Mayling: (0)
Moriarty: Mayling, Kataefi, Macman (:skull: :skull: :skull:)
§tarshy: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Xonar: (0)
Not Voting: Marc (:skull:)

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
kat i think tomM were saying that you were tunneling

@Cello - my vote on Moriarty certainly isn't final btw... I hope this isn't the assumption people are making. I'm not going to insist it upon town and force people to vote the way I am. I think discussing this is perfectly viable at this point in the game though alongside whatever anyone else wants to bring to the table.
yeah lets push a lot of discussion about moriartys non-existent post restriction. this is def getting pushed past the point of diminishing returns and the fact that youre playing so safe over it bothers the **** out of me. why arent you forcing it on town? do you think youre scumhunting cuz you keep repeating that your vote goes away once moriarty talks even though theyve already said they wont be doing that?

Currently I'm not too fond of starshy atm to be perfectly honest. I want Macman to speak up or he'll make me increasingly more nervous... we don't want l4scum all over again (do we Cello?) Liking Marc's patient play. Mixed feelings about Cello. Everyone else is completely neutral to me right now. Moriarty's just bleurgh... sorry.
and you said i was saying nothing about people...

summoner we stopped signing our posts cuz we decided itd just serve to be a distraction

cello i got good from macmans moriarty vote. it shows that hes willing to do something about it instead of pussyfooting like way too many people are right now. also i was thinking xonar myself

unvote vote xonar

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
im trying to get a better idea of where maylings head is at. just cuz she agrees with me on someone being scummy doesnt mean i wont question her

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What gives you the right to not explain your vote and then request Mayling's opinion? I need to see something, there must be something that made you think I'm scum. Stop being counter-productive.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
3. Macman: I don't know what to think, he hasn't posted enough. I gathered from some of you that he's normally like this though.
Macman, how do you feel about Moriarty's posts this game? Is there any reason you have been fairly inactive? If another player had posted as much as you have, would you be suspicious of them?
definitely

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I also find the hypocrisy of how to deal with Kevom's behavior astounding. Macman said they agreed to putting them at l-1 to see if they would speak and yet didn't place their own vote there. I just felt like it was something to note.
it's cuz their posts are funny. And i don't think theyd have the guts to pull that **** as scum. I only said that cuz people were making a big deal out of it and i voted because people kept *****ing about it.

and also lol at how summuner list is like all town/nuetral/iono reads. Do you not think anyone is scum? and then it gets even stupider becuz he then goes and makes a list ranking people on how scummy they are just because one person asked.

and yay a xonar vote

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also really funny how noone is joining the moriarity wagon but everyone wants to ***** about the way he's acting.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Macman said:
also really funny how noone is joining the moriarity wagon but everyone wants to ***** about the way he's acting.
I don't want to do either.

May'd go said:
May'd go said:
Nevermind what I said about macman. My bad.
Macman'd go said:
it's cuz their posts are funny. And i don't think theyd have the guts to pull that **** as scum. I only said that cuz people were making a big deal out of it and i voted because people kept *****ing about it.
But he simply cannot do it, alo~ne! Wait, what?

Although seriously, what were you responding to, Macman? You did vote for him. Missing something May said would be one thing, but you just responded to it like you actually hadn't voted for them.

Also, if you think Tom/Kev wouldn't pull something like that, you're mistaken or covering.

unvote vote Macman

I like Moriarty/Starshy (not much), Moriarty/Macman (also not much), and Kat/Marc for scum teams.

Also, #167 is more annoying than how much all of Moriarty combined is perceived to be. Yes.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
did yu not read, i acknowledged in the response that i did vote for them. And then i explained why

i thought her point had merit because i didn't vote for them right after, but more like a day later so i responded.

and no, i dont think kevin/tom would do that as scum
they arent that fearless

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
No, I apparently did not read.

But, I still think they would be capable.

unvote vote Kataefi

I feel sheepish. (Anyone wanna tell me where to put my vote? JK. Sheepish. Get it?)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Macman, It's the truth. I'm not going to straight up lie about who I think is town just because I'll appear less suspicious. If I did, I'd be no better than scum. I'm just trying to get my own opinions out there in case I'm NK'd tonight. Steel told me in DnD that I tend to ask lots of questions but not put my own opinion out, so I'm trying to get my own opinion out. Regardless of the trouble I'm having with reading certain people at the moment.
The closer deadline gets, the closer I get to flipping a coin over Macman and Moriarty. Both can avoid it by posting more/posting without images. I'll be flipping that coin whenever I wake up tomorrow because I'll probably miss the deadline itself as I have life happening on Saturday.

Moriarty, could you answer these with a :) for yes and :( for no? Are you happy with town's current progression towards the deadline? Are you still happy with your vote?

Starshy, do you think Xonar has a point about your questioning of Mayling? Is there any reason why providing an answer to someone's question bad?

Marc, what are you thinking about today's lynch?

Mayling, are you happy with Cello's 'sheepishness'?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Starshy!

I think you're going around in circles! I've expressed that aside from the whole pic issue, I have mixed feelings on:

- You
- Cello
- and I'm not keen on Macman for lurking but this is slowly being switched to Marc. Marc has gone quiet.

No scumhunting? Scumhunt this:

You're pushing on the prosecutor when you call the defendant obnoxious - you're giving solid statements they have NO post restrictions despite the magical irony of every single one of their posts. You have no literal reads on the possibility of them lying. You, yes, YOU have expressed common interests in my line of thinking and yet seem absolutely fine with ignoring any possibility that they are anti-town i.e. no vote on them. So I guess you're pussyfooting, no? Because the way I'm looking at it right now:

(note the coloured bolds)

This quote:

moriarty 89 said "we are going to post like this the whole game" not "we have a post restriction". in 85 they say that they dont have to post images all the time and that im correct in them not having a post restriction. that leads me to believe that theyre choosing to be obnoxious. and cello needed a translator...

but what i mean by fixing the moriarty problem is lynching them. theyve said that theyll be posting like that all game (89) so if too many people find that distracting then macmans solution is the way to go. otherwise this approach of whining but doing nothing about it means this divide probably isnt gonna change over the course of the game
And this...

yeah lets push a lot of discussion about moriartys non-existent post restriction. this is def getting pushed past the point of diminishing returns and the fact that youre playing so safe over it bothers the **** out of me. why arent you forcing it on town? do you think youre scumhunting cuz you keep repeating that your vote goes away once moriarty talks even though theyve already said they wont be doing that?
...are tiger uppercuts to the face on anyone that thought you were interested in making progress. It makes you look like you're keen on proposing solutions by suggesting we vote to lynch, yet jump down people's throats if they pursue discussion, when said people (me) have already voted and want **** done. The inconsistencies are amazing!

You're a swirl of contradictions and I can't work out if you've realised them or whether you're genuinely in need of saving Moriarty's ***.
_

I thought Xonar's post was brilliant lol.
_

Cello I'll get to you tomorrow.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
What makes this sweeter and ever more stranger btw is that when I'm saying the same thing as your #142, Moriarty attacks just me!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for March 6, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 9:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Kataefi: Cello_Marl (:skull:)
Macman: Xonar (:skull: )
Marc: SummonerAU, Moriarty (:skull: :skull:)
Mayling: (0)
Moriarty: Mayling, Kataefi, Macman (:skull: :skull: :skull:)
§tarshy: (0)
SummonerAU: (0)
Xonar: §tarshy (:skull:)
Not Voting: Marc (:skull:)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
About Marc's inactivity: He hasn't been online too much lately. I know for a fact that he's capable of making nice large posts so he owes us one of those.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I honestly completely forgot. The BBR is really busy right now, I was promoted to Senator and I was preparing a game for the Dutch board. I'm sorry about that, but I don't think I've been away that long (I wasn't prodded at least). I'll go through everything and post in a few hours.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
So you played with Kat before? Describe his town meta in your eyes, then tell us which posts exactly give you the vibes, please.
Kataefi simply seemed more detached in the games I played with him. He's being more aggressive/defensive than I know him to be, not to mention more active. This is also my response to Mayling... I don't typically base my decisions on gut feeling. Kataefi's posts still make sense, while Cello made a few moronic decisions (though he seems to have calmed down). I'm still debating whether or not Cello simply got to Kat or Kat is frustrated scum.

Marc, can you confirm that activity is my hidden super secret dutch metagame? I guess I can't link the games here because they're dutch, but yeah.
For what that's worth, I can. Xonar posts a lot in the Dutch games.

Summoner has also kind of popped on my radar. He hasn't been taking any strong stances besides the obvious activity based ones on Moriarty and Macman. Scum lists aren't that useful, especially if there's no scum in them.

I think Macman has come around for a bit and whe should leave Moriarty be for the time being. The hydra's behaviour is really annoying to me too, but it's not like they vote without an attempt to provide reasoning. Right now they're simply not really playing the game, which I know is not Tom's style. He's one of few Mafia players with a sense of honor and a tendency to be on the forefront all the time, even if he's scum. I think I'm going to group them and Cello in the "frustrating/useless players we lynch if we don't have a better option" group. I'm hoping Moriarty at least will start to take the game seriously.

Right now I'm feeling Summoner and Kataefi. Let's hear some more out of you.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
11 hours 'til the deadline, and I'ma sleep in like 4 hours, don't think Marc will be around for the deadline either.

We gotta move to a lynch right now.

Unvote, Vote: Moriarty, L-1
Start doing something, your pictures are useless.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
kat obnoxious != scummy

the green highlighted in your 180 (too much of a pain to do it over again) is me talking to the town. theres lynch moriarty for their posting style or leave them be no middle ground. i personally dont wanna lynch them (but steel wants to hop on the wagon btw thanks for bearing with me) for it but if the town is going to ***** about it then they need to take care of it now or move on. think kevin/mentos in l4****fest

as for why i suggested an idea i wasnt behind it was to see if the pussyfooters would take a clearer stance and make it clear that town has to make a decision on moriartys playstyle now

and what is there to discuss? again its lynch or dont lynch and i dont get what you mean by you wanting **** done. you said earlier that you wouldnt force town to vote with you...so where are you even going with this?

id be voting you but last time i talked to steel he was telling me that you were town

xonar yeah youre asking questions and stuff but your votes been on macman all day despite no one else wanting to go for him. dont feel like youre working towards a lynch

maylings lurking HARDBODY a day before deadline

ill switch my vote when steel rereads and gets back at me. probably going to kataefi

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
maylings lurking HARDBODY a day before deadline
wut?

I've got my vote down, explained why it's there. What else do you want from me? I've made my stance on Marc, Xonar, and Kevom known, and placed my vote where I think it belongs.

§tarshy

Steel|marshy
lol how are u gonna ask what when appearing minutes after i point it out

welp so much for xonar not working towards a lynch

mayling i know your position on xonar was negative last time you mentioned him. can u please expand

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Mayling, your main thing about me that I was rubbing you wrong because of my activity, it's been confirmed by Marc that it's actually my playstyle, do you not believe it or is there something rubbing you wrong that you like to point out?

(aka what starshy said)

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think I'm the only one who's said that Xonar has been acting different. I won't push a lynch or anything for it, but it should be stated. At least you're being active. That's good.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
wut?

I've got my vote down, explained why it's there. What else do you want from me? I've made my stance on Marc, Xonar, and Kevom known, and placed my vote where I think it belongs.
I don't think I'm the only one who's said that Xonar has been acting different. I won't push a lynch or anything for it, but it should be stated. At least you're being active. That's good.
That's not really a stance now, is it?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Still like xonar for a lynch. i dunno what people are saying about his activity but what's been bugging me about him is he's feeling like JF to me. I don't know where he stands on anything but it seems like he's been posting alot.

edit: marc, why is cello useless to you?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay Starshy... or marshy in this case... I see where this is going. Obnoxoius through charades = unhelpful or better put, wasteful, IMO. I'm not forcing it on town because I'd rather discuss it instead. I admit I'm being aggressive but I'm not that aggressive as to dictate what people should be doing.

Now when I have wanted to discuss it... I've had Cello the self-confessed sheep enigma jump down my throat with all this philosophical thinking, and then you magically come in telling me it's very unhealthy, there is no pr, yet harp on about them being obnoxious etc etc... basically mixed messages, and I'm left with my head in the haze by all these obscure responses. I fail to see how you can't see this clearly from my perspective =/ Same applies to Cello.

@Marc: Wasn't Grammy's our only mafia game together? I can't seem to remember - Grammy's was actually the first time I've ever played mafia and even then I replaced in halfway through.

Also I'm not frustrated, but this whole picture pr or no pr thing is very foreign to me. I can't grasp why someone would have such an obvious pr given by the game mod (let alone one that I think is TOO obvious and just plain unhelpful), and I can't grasp why someone would choose to be a problem if they didn't have a pr if they can see the effects they're having on the game.

It's all cause and effect, and I will definitely feel cheated if I'm lynched over Moriarty this Day and then they suddenly decide to take things seriously.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Gift mouth horse.

unvote vote Moriarty

Also, the sheep thing was a pun.

FoS May for not pointing that out.

Top Bottom