• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Mom cancelled at the last second.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Player-3

Smash Hero
it's not over serin it's still going on

me, p1, albino, dyno, and probobly others had to leave early b/c the pools took a long time

my pool was me alby dyno some guy that never showed up and elev8, so my whole pool had to leave except elev8 lol

i made 9th though, was playing for 7th when i had to forfeit
]:

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think me and p3 both got 9th, I was secured for 7th since I had just beaten Billy, but I had to leave so I gave him the spot back. When I left this was what was going on:
Reflex vs kismet in WF
Rayku vs turtl, winner fought me/billy and winner of that plays biglou
P3 vs 4god was going on, but p3 dqed himself since we had to leave, winner played elev8, that's all I know.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This was super fun, thanks for having me.

I probably didn't read where everything was starting so late in the evening, but other than kinda tossing away my cash there, playing and seeing people was nice. :D

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Singles afters pools
1: Kismet
2: TheReflexWonder
3: Big Lou
4: Scat
5: rayku
5: Elev8
7: Player 1
7: 4GOD
9: Turtle
9: Billy
9: Player 3
9: Saltix
13: Scatz
13: Micaelis
13: Roxy
13: Deo
17: aml?!
17: T2

Brawl Teams
1: Who is afriad of a large Black man (Reflex and Kismet)
2: I saw you 1st billy and Elev8 (Dyno and Lounis)
3: I C you lounis (Billy and elev8)
4: iDK (Micaelis and Ali Ababua)
5: Please take our money (Alby and scat)
5: IDC (Ninja and BoT)
7: Wait we thjought this was melee (Full metal and Xiff)
7: Cloud 9 zero and T2 (Cloud 9 zero and T2)
9: The reflex blunder and kismet 3 (PLayer 1 and PLay 3)
9: Obama and the **** (Desu and Kismet Jr)

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Singles afters pools
1: Kismet
2: TheReflexWonder
3: Big Lou
4: Scat
5: rayku
5: Elev8
7: Player 1
7: 4GOD
9: Turtle
9: Billy
9: Player 3
9: Saltix
13: Scatz
13: Micaelis
13: Roxy
13: Deo
17: aml?!
17: T2

Brawl Teams
1: Who is afriad of a large Black man (Reflex and Kismet)
2: I saw you 1st billy and Elev8 (Dyno and Lounis)
3: I C you lounis (Billy and elev8)
4: iDK (Micaelis and Ali Ababua)
5: Please take our money (Alby and scat)
5: IDC (Ninja and BoT)
7: Wait we thjought this was melee (Full metal and Xiff)
7: Cloud 9 zero and T2 (Cloud 9 zero and T2)
9: The reflex blunder and kismet 3 (PLayer 1 and PLay 3)
9: Obama and the **** (Desu and Kismet Jr)

Waba

Smash Apprentice
We had a nice turnout for this. I wish all the Smash tournaments were like this. Pools took longer than we wanted, but at least people got more matches in during the tournament. Unfortunately, some of the people who made it out of pools couldn't compete in the brackets because it was running late and had to go home. We need to start earlier 'next time' if we are gonna do pools for Brawl.

Speaking of 'next time', I was talking to the last group of people after the tournament and asked when would be a good time to have another one of these. It was suggested to have it on the 20th of March, a week after Final Round. I have no problem making this happen, because I would like to have as many as we can before Waba actually has to close it's doors at this location. Let me know if we would have the support and attendence of the community.

Please PM me suggestions, concerns, or whatever to make these final tournaments at this location be even more of a success.

Thanks again for your support.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
what was the point of pools if we had so many byes?
People wanted pools because they get more matches if we have pools. If you're a 'top' player', then you get enough play but some people may only get to play two sets of matches in a double elimination bracket only tournament and the rest of the matches are friendlies. At least that's what I was told by the community.

Pools took too long though. We need to start earlier or have more entrants to justify pools. Pros and Cons...

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I loved this. Don't the tourneys need to be more spaced out. People wallets are going to get exhausted.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
march 20th? eh... im broke right now the end of marth would be nice or the 1st Saturday of April cuz my brother is visting from collage anyways i had a good time yesterday.

ppl i played:
yoshi main: dude ur yoshi was too **** and best loved fighting u cya when eva or next tourney hopefully

BBq: ur marth is cool like always thx for the tips

hitbox: love fighting ur sheik annoying cg >.> good techs and mindgamez cya next tourney

falco main: forgot ur name but we fought like over 10+ matches falco ditos were teh awesome i'll get better

RJ: LOL at the ganon matches we should of recored at least one of them too funny and epic matches falcon vs fox

11 year old kid: @_@ dont know how ur that good with fox wave shining and what not but u got skillz even beat me once or twice ggs and cya next tourney hopefully

Rayku: we didnt fight >.>...lol i'll get u next time

Shiri: Dude with ur beast dr.mario ur too good and funny thx for that epic long speech needed that to help me out. i wish i could of heard part 2 but u had a tourney match and i had to leave :( (mom came and got me) but i'll take all those points to account cya next time man

Others: i didnt know yall names or i just forgot but had a nice time fighting yall cya next tourney hopefully

Player-1

Smash Legend
I left my wii mote there, it was by TV 5 (the one in the corner), it didn't have a back and it had a duracell and energizer battery in there, any one find it/pick it up?

Player-3

Smash Hero
shoutouts:

vietg you better put that vid up

everyone else: watch me jv 4 stock vietgs kirby in brawl+ with ike

maanlyyyyyyyyyyy

also rayku, i'm going to get you next time

and 4GOD, don't worry about the set, it's all good, even if i had played it out, you would have gotten the win because if i won the set i'd give you the spot so you could keep going on lol

legit d3, learn the matchup from alby because he knows it too ****ing good

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I loved this. Don't the tourneys need to be more spaced out. People wallets are going to get exhausted.
I agree. Maybe we should space this out a ton. Like FRXIII is expected to have a good attendance because it was announced months in advance. I vote to postpone it and hype it up as long as possible.

Edit: i need a partner for Final round.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
I agree. Maybe we should space this out a ton. Like FRXIII is expected to have a good attendance because it was announced months in advance. I vote to postpone it and hype it up as long as possible.

^this. Honestly, I think that the second weekend in April would give us more time to save up and would help attendance a bit.

Umby

Smash Master

FR is also expected to have good attendance for more obvious reasons than just the time factor.

Not denying that might help attendance at waba somewhat, though.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think we should try to have 1 really big tournament that we hype up as much as possible as the last WABA tournament in that venue (or close to the last one, just as close as we can predict to holding the last one), but we have biweeklies in between now and then

SmurdeR

Smash Cadet
Hey new to smashboards here,

you probably saw me at the waba tournament yesterday, im Shawn tagged as : SmuR/SmurdeR and if you DIDNT see me i geuss i can be identified by being Mike G's little bro :p

The Tourney was fun yesterday cept for getting ***** in pools but i just gotta train

maybe some of you can help me out

Main: DDD 2nd: Mario

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

you probably saw me at the waba tournament yesterday, im Shawn tagged as : SmuR/SmurdeR and if you DIDNT see me i geuss i can be identified by being Mike G's little bro :p

The Tourney was fun yesterday cept for getting ***** in pools but i just gotta train

you have mike G as your brother!!

but sure ill help out. I somewhat play mario

Purple

Hi guys!

Dimentio Dimentio Dimentio Dimentio Dimentio Dimentio Dimentio Dimentio Dimentio Dimentio Dimentio

**** man i need my 40 dollarsssssssssss

Ey mike let me play your bro on wiif. i'll set that guy straight >:X

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm pretty sure the reason WABA wants to do it on the 20th is because they have to leave that venue spot SOON. So it's probably either on the 20th or last night was the last one. Usually leases and what not end on a monthly basis. I could be wrong though but that's what it seemed like.

And they can't do one during FR or Herb3

Rayku

Smash Lord
I just want to do some shoutouts

Dogy - Thanks for teaming with me in Melee. Really appreciate it

BBQ - Sorry for nearly scrubbing out during our money matches; I was really depressed all day. Get at me another time

Fullmetal - Get at my Roy, shawdy. Isaac all day.

Yay - Awesome to see you again, it's been too long. Apologies I never played Melee with you.

Hitboxexploiter - If you ever want to try again, I'd be happy to oblige. Stop downsmashing so much.

VietG - Thanks for bringing Brawl+. I had a moderate amount of fun playing. Sucks we couldn't do a $1 entry thing or anything :/

Player 3 - You can try again whenever you'd like. I'll go all Sheik if you would like. People in TN wouldn't even let me use Lucario in money matches :(

Player 1 - you scrubbed out and had to leave, so I took your placing. Haha

Jamaal - thank you for paying for my entry. Now that I think about it, I should have given you my winnings LOL. Sorry for being such a selfish prick, in that regard. Otherwise, awesome seeing you again. You should play DDR with me more :)

Elev8 - I haven't seen you in a freaking minute. I really felt like we should have played at least a "seriously" set. Ah, well.

Billy - Your Sheik is completely different than what it once was. It was a real mental test playing/beating it. Apologies for camping your Snake, but it's really the only option I can come up with to fight the ****er. Oh, and **** Halberd LOL

Turtl - I don't really know how to give tips for Falco other than what you can do to my character, so coming to me probably isn't the best way to get better with him :(

Neo X - You're inconsistent, or have me as a wall or something. You can almost beat Calvin twice, but you can't beat me? I'm confused. Good job sticking to Wario, though. :)

Michael - Thanks for teaming with me, I really appreciate it. We should have gotten to 3rd place :/

BigLou - Good to see you've learned to spotdodge the Fsmash instead of shielding it. I've been waiting for you to figure that out. Getting jab upb'ed makes me feel like a scrub, so I'm gonna have to step it up a bit. We had a close set

Calvin - I should have beaten you game 2 at the very least. Ah, well. Better luck next time.

Saltix - I'm sad I didn't get to go Ike against you. At the same time, I am -so- glad I didn't have to fight your Metaknight with Ike. We should do another Iron Man sometime, it was closer than I was expecting it to be

Henry - You know what you did wrong. The extra money was appreciated, but just try not to let it happen again, alright? I took a -lot- of **** for you; I'm the reason you got home last night and didn't spend the night at IHOP

Min - Thanks for letting me play DDR for a short bit. I wasn't really expecting to leave so early, or to get tired so quickly. Sorry for making a mess of the cords, I'm not very good at wrapping things up neatly :(

Alex (the worker dude) - You need to lay the **** off my friend. Common niceties are fine, but when you start hitting on her blatantly, you put me in defense mode and make me want to **** something up. She's not even going to consider going to Waba again because of you. Lay. Off. You sleezball.

Guy with long-hair that worked there - Thanks for keeping my friend company for a bit.

To everyone, in general - Sorry I was so melancholy all day. I had mind-racking things going on, that were solved later that night. I'll see you all around

Top Bottom