• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Does anybody know why the no brooch and earrings Peach model from KC-MM's forums keeps freezing for me?

highfive

Smash Lord
Anyone know of any good swirl brushes for photoshop? Need them for a texture and have looked pretty much everywhere for some. If anyone can point me to them I'd be in debt to them.

dvon21

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone.. just hoping i could get some help here. :p
Today i got ocarina cheat code manager, the homebrewchannel as well as Gecko OS. Although i read the guide i don't know what to do in order to change my hacks.. sorry for the noob question but can someone help me out here? :p
Edit: nvm guys XD just checked the previous posts.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
@dvon21, that usually helps, but people never review the thread, just post the same questions again and again

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
It may be CORRUPTED
Lol! Are you being a Metroid fanboy or are you serious? Maybe I should redownload it. Could it also be because I'm PAL?

Also, this got stuck at the end of page 98 with no answers so i'm gonna ask again:
Firstly and most importantly, my character's current outfit is based off a design I made in The Sims 3. Is anyone able to rip the large diamond/skull pattern from the game and send it to me over PM/IM? My good computer's down at the moment so I can't rip it myself. Should be in one of the game folders somewhere. I think I can work with just the pattern file so you don't have to split it into channels if you don't want to.
But if nobody else here has it, I can look around for a community that I can ask in, or rip it myself if Megabuy doesn't screw up and actually sends me back working RAM.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I moved the Tina texture over to Lensho from KC-MM's Rosalina (which you can find here), and now she's looking awesome! Texturing the arms was HARD because the texture mapping's screwed up, but I think my hard work paid off. Now she looks almost exactly like how I draw her (with some elements from her older design, anyway)

Now I just gotta add a few more textures (that TS3 texture i need on her skirt, and i gotta give her proper parasol and tennis racket textures instead of just inverting the parasol's colours) and then she'll be finished. What are your opinions guys?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Nah, but I thought that as well. I took the shading on her top from Rosalina so she's got the same thing going, but I don't think the boobs are actually any bigger. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of Rosalina, I did do some work of my own on her. It involved the use of JuLz's Rosalina texture and Lensho's Rosalina vertex hack. I also used Jack H.'s Expanded Breasts Peach vertex hack for the second part of my work.

What I basically did was made 5 Rosalina recolors, followed by some animation edits, some custom portraits, and even some CSS modifications.

Snapshots

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jydjzuwjlnm/Rosalina.zip

The download link above contains...

*JuLz's Rosalina texture, and my 5 recolors for it.
*Fake Rosalina (fake texture).
*Dark Rosalina (emerald texture).
*Rosalina animations (Stafy model replaces Toad).
*Rosalina portraits (big & small).
*Rosalina CSS parts (tex0 and plt0 files).
*An sc_selcharacter.pac file, containing the modified CSS parts.
*Lensho's Rosalina Final Smash (Luma's Blossom).
*Rosalina's Crown for Kirby (Stafy model replaces Toad).
*Expanded Breasts Rosalina; normal, dark, fake, animations.
*A set of info.pac files, which replaces Peach's name to Rosalina (also affects Subspace Emissary).
*A STGHEAL.pac file, which replaces Peach's portrait with Rosalina's.

There's no moveset hack in this download. And if you're wondering about the STGHEAL.pac file, here's a snapshot of the edit.

What goes where? Here's a full list.

FitPeach##.pcs - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeach##.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachDark.pcs - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachDark.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachFake.pcs - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachFake.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachFinal.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachMotionEtc.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\

FitKirbyPeach00.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\kirby\

InfFace###.brres - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\

MenSelchrFaceB###.brres - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex\

selchrcd_common.brres - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu\adventure\

info.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_mg.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_boss_battle.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_boss_battle_mg.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_corps.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_corps_mg.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_homerun.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_homerun_mg.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_training.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_training_mg.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\

sc_selcharacter.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\
sc_adv_seal.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\

if_adv_mngr.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pfmenu2\

STGHEAL.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\stage\melee\

Regarding the portraits and CSS parts, you can look at the images below for references.

Big Portraits

Small Portraits

CSS Parts

Credit goes to JuLz for the Rosalina texture. Lensho for the Rosalina vertex hack and Final Smash. And Jack H. for the Expanded Breasts Peach vertex hack. Animation edits and the Stafy texture are mine.

Edit: Final Smash eyes weren't working with the last download. Fixed the eyes up and updated the download link. I also added a series of files that changes the in-game name for Peach to Rosalina.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Lol! Are you being a Metroid fanboy or are you serious? Maybe I should redownload it. Could it also be because I'm PAL?

Also, this got stuck at the end of page 98 with no answers so i'm gonna ask again:
But if nobody else here has it, I can look around for a community that I can ask in, or rip it myself if Megabuy doesn't screw up and actually sends me back working RAM.
I'm serious. The Metroid reference was intentional, but redownload the texture, sometimes that ends up being the problem

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Got a Texture Hack to share with everyone.

Zero Nightmare

I don't know know how to do Thumbnails with Photobucket, so I am sorry.

EDIT: Nevermind.

The colors were based off of the In-Game Sprite of Zero Nightmare. I might go back and do another version using the colors on the Official Art.

Zero Nightmare
Zero Nightmare.zip

Cheers to my first of many textures! Even though its only a recolor!

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Is making a character see-through transparent a possible thing to do (IE, you see their colors, but can see through them?)

Matteron

Smash Ace
Got a Texture Hack to share with everyone.

Zero Nightmare

I don't know know how to do Thumbnails with Photobucket, so I am sorry.

EDIT: Nevermind.

The colors were based off of the In-Game Sprite of Zero Nightmare. I might go back and do another version using the colors on the Official Art.

Zero Nightmare
Zero Nightmare.zip

Cheers to my first of many textures! Even though its only a recolor!
Yay, you got it to work!...good job anyway, it's good for your first time. I would like to see more from you.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I am also looking for a texture. Does anyone know where I can get the Satanic Luigi's Mansion texture by Fit Artifex? The link died.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

Flareneos

Smash Rookie
Is there a falco texture hack for his melee version? and is there a hack to change his lasers and sound like the on in melee?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Look on KC:MM for (even better) a vertex hack that makes Falco look like his Melee self. Sound effect replacement is currently not available to SD users.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You can take just the FitFalco0X.pac and that will be just the costume/vertex hack with no animation or moveset changes. I don't remember where laser color can be edited, but it's not hard to do.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
How do I make a texture fully transparent In-Game. I need this for a texture I am working on.

Marth, Zelda and Peach textures will possibly follow.

Top Bottom