• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I keep hearing about a Captain Falcon model with a cape, but I've yet to find it anywhere, and can't seem to get Smashboards to turn up any search results on the subject. Does anyone know where I might locate it (or perhaps have the time to upload it if you have it already)?
I saw it on the kitty korp meowmix forums.

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
I was using the guide to texture hacking and I seem to have done everything correctly, except that I don't know how to work the code manager, and the textures aren't working. On a side note, I was wondering if I had to have the Home-brew channel for the textures to work. Couldn't I just run the the Gecko OS through Stack Smash?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I was using the guide to texture hacking and I seem to have done everything correctly, except that I don't know how to work the code manager, and the textures aren't working. On a side note, I was wondering if I had to have the Home-brew channel for the textures to work. Couldn't I just run the the Gecko OS through Stack Smash?
Use the file patch code to load the textures or else they don't work
Just run stack smash it's SO much easier than the homebrew channel

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
Use the file patch code to load the textures or else they don't work
Just run stack smash it's SO much easier than the homebrew channel
Thank you! Hopefully this time they work.

Edit: No, sadly, they still didn't work. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

dinofan01

Smash Rookie
Okay well I'm obviously new to all the brawl hacking. I tried to start off by looking at custom textures. Everything is going fine so far except for those transformation characters like Samus and Wario. When I transform the game crashes. I'm at a complete loss here. I have pac and pcs files for both sides of all the transformation but it crashes still. Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Okay well I'm obviously new to all the brawl hacking. I tried to start off by looking at custom textures. Everything is going fine so far except for those transformation characters like Samus and Wario. When I transform the game crashes. I'm at a complete loss here. I have pac and pcs files for both sides of all the transformation but it crashes still. Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.
Your codes might have a problem, your SD card might have a problem and the textures might be a problem. :laugh: It's the truth!

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Is it okay to request help finding a particular texture in this thread?
I'm looking for Dry Bowser and Dry Giga Bowser, as seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUvDujey1Qs

and here:
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs50/300W/f/2009/257/1/b/Giga_Dry_Bowser_O_O_by_DarkYoshi97531.jpg

I can't locate a download for them anywhere. I've checked through all the major texture sites that are listed(but none of the small ones), and I've spent some time googling and youtubing, but I haven't managed to find them.

Does anyone happen to have either of them, or know where I might find them?

Thanks
Repost.

Anyone?

Sasuke3759

Smash Rookie
Has anyone seen a big boss/naked snake texture that has an eye patch?

The ones I've seen don't seem to have it.

gallax

Smash Hero
Hey im looking for the Final Destination Stage texture where FD is moving through clouds and has rainfall. Anyone know what its called or where i can find it?

Same thing with cryptic ruins for battlefield. the link doesn work for it.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice

highfive

Smash Lord
>.>

There isn't even a tutorial for stuff in this database and how to thread.

Anyway, still can't find a good Wolf texture. If anyone has one it'd be great if they'd fly that by me.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I'm currently working on a texture hack to turn Peach my original character, Tina LeCaniche. Here's a picture of her, and here's what the texture looks like so far:

As you can see, I've attempted to remove the earrings and brooch but the specular texture remains. However, whenever I use the no brooch and earrings model my game crashes on me at random. Various things on screen disappear but the music still plays. So if I can't fix that, if I removed the specular texture would it affect any other parts of her?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yes that's the one I tried using, unfortunately. I might make that texture transparent and see how it goes. Thanks.

EDIT: Is it okay to ask for texturing assistance in this thread or do I need to ask elsewhere?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Yes that's the one I tried using, unfortunately. I might make that texture transparent and see how it goes. Thanks.

EDIT: Is it okay to ask for texturing assistance in this thread or do I need to ask elsewhere?
There isn't another texture thread, mate, ask here

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
There isn't another texture thread, mate, ask here
Alrighty. I have two things i need help with
  1. Firstly and most importantly, my character's current outfit is based off a design I made in The Sims 3. Is anyone able to rip the large diamond/skull pattern from the game and send it to me over PM/IM? My good computer's down at the moment so I can't rip it myself. Should be in one of the game folders somewhere. I think I can work with just the pattern file so you don't have to split it into channels if you don't want to.
  2. And secondly, can someone send me a generic white/grey cloth texture that I can put under the colour overlays to make Tina's sleeves, socks and collar look a bit more realistic, as well as making her top not look like Peach's?
If anyone can help, thanks in advance.

On a side note, I got bored and decided to try turning Peach's shoes into pink Converses since Peach's shoes don't really suit Tina, though it didn't work out very well. I kinda like them, but they don't really go with the outfit. I might just stick with the knee socks. I wish I could use Roll's boots but it's not really important.

EDIT: By the way, removing the reflection texture doesn't really do anything. Just makes it look worse.

I wish I could use the no brooch and earrings model without my game freezing. :/

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I have a series of rapid-fire questions.

1. Now that I have the HBC installed, do I need BootMii to run it on my System Menu 4.2U Wii?

2. Having said Channel now on my Wii, what do I need to do in order to change textures, and put in the Character PSAs that have been created?

3. Is it a bad idea to run the HBC without BootMii?

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know where I can find a guide on how to get CSPs and battle portraits to work? I can't find a reliable guide anywhere.

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
@Zaiga

Let me try to answer your questions, since I have knowledge of both Brawl and Wii hacking...

1) You dont need bootmii installed to run the HBC on 4.2. But I would install it anyway since it is the best way to recover from a brick if it ever happens.
2)You should really check the Tutorials and FAQ's section for this. But let me start you in the right direction. Your going to need the homebrew app Gecko.
3)No

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I have a series of rapid-fire questions.

1. Now that I have the HBC installed, do I need BootMii to run it on my System Menu 4.2U Wii?

2. Having said Channel now on my Wii, what do I need to do in order to change textures, and put in the Character PSAs that have been created?

3. Is it a bad idea to run the HBC without BootMii?
Wrong place to ask this but...

1) No.

2) Latest version of Gecko OS (1.9.3.1) and a .gct file containing the File Replacement Code (3.5.1 for US/JP, 2.1a for PAL) and any other codes of your choice. You can use a program called CodeManager to make one on your PC, and there's also some apps for the HBC that can make a file for it.

3) Only if you do illegal stuff (ie. Pirating). Illegal stuff needs to change some Wii files to work. Sadly, BrawlStats also needs to change some Wii files to work too.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Wrong place to ask this but...

1) No.

2) Latest version of Gecko OS (1.9.3.1) and a .gct file containing the File Replacement Code (3.5.1 for US/JP, 2.1a for PAL) and any other codes of your choice. You can use a program called CodeManager to make one on your PC, and there's also some apps for the HBC that can make a file for it.

3) Only if you do illegal stuff (ie. Pirating). Illegal stuff needs to change some Wii files to work. Sadly, BrawlStats also needs to change some Wii files to work too.
Problem is, I have tried turn the code into a .txt file.

Is Phantom Wing's name and everything supposed to be there?

highfive

Smash Lord
Problem is, I have tried turn the code into a .txt file.

Is Phantom Wing's name and everything supposed to be there?
Here's a link for custom music and textures if that's what you want:

Click this

Simply download it, open it (it's a .zip file) then move the file in to the root of SD card in the folder called "codes" I believe. You must have homebrew and Gecko to have it run. Hope this works for ya!

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
The .txt file has a list of codes. You can use a code manager (there are ones for PC and for Wii) to turn that into a .gct file using the codes you want.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I'm confused on how to put attack effects on to my ad card. Where should I put it?
The ones that say "FitMotion<Character>.pac"? Just put them in the same folder as the character in question, it goes alongside the Fit<Character>.pac and the .pcs files (if you have textures).

Top Bottom