• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I'll be using this post for all of my Brawl creations.

[collapse=Jigglypuff: Bill's Hat]First up, is Jigglypuff with Bill's hat (from Team Fortress 2). No vertex hacking here -- I've built this MDL0 from the ground up!

Download (for FitPurin02 only) / Alternate Texture[/collapse][collapse=Jigglypuff: Mining Light]

Another test to make sure I know what I'm doing with model importing.
Download (for FitPurin02 only) / Alternate Texture[/collapse]

(Would this count as a "texture", or a "model hack"? D: )

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Hey, I actually made a texture hack. I call him Ice Bowser.
Download here
Doesn't have the shiny effect or anything, but he's still pretty cool (pardon the pun).
EDIT: Preview pics AND pac are here, but it's a WinRAR Zip file, so I left the other one up just in case

mofo_

Smash Ace
Lmao not surprised though
I wonder if anyone has an updated stage list collection, sadly I do not play brawl anymore as I tripped over my GC controller wire and my wii fell over and broke, but it would be interesting to see if my stage database is still the biggest. Cheers to everyone!

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Lmao not surprised though
I wonder if anyone has an updated stage list collection, sadly I do not play brawl anymore as I tripped over my GC controller wire and my wii fell over and broke, but it would be interesting to see if my stage database is still the biggest. Cheers to everyone!
Yikes, sorry to hear about that. Currently, your stage list is still the biggest (the KC:MM gallery updates every now and then). However, I could attempt to expand upon it if you'd like. Once I got stable cpu acess that is.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Another texture hack, completely original. This one's called Stealth Suit Samus, a completely black suit with a white visor. My brother gave me the idea, and it turned out very nicely. Download here (pics included)

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
Alright. I was told by darksamus77 to come here to ask this.

I have a picture of Pikachu that I would like turned into an applyable texture for Pikachu. I was wondering if anyone could do it for me please? Thanks in advance!

Here is the picture:

(Image removed because nobody seems to be responding anyway...)

mofo_

Smash Ace
Yeah feel free to copy and paste my stuff and continue the project, you can follow the format or change it(imo color-coding was tedious). I just bookmark every texture site and google(check all brawl related sites as well, I've found textures at AiB and brawl snapshots, brawl in the family forums etc)/youtube search(use search options for most recent as the typical results yield no actual stage texture downloads) stage textures and put them on. The post reached its character limit so you could make blog site like kc mm gallery or w/e. :)

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
how do you use textures that end with rar. because a lot of textures use this but i have olny got psc and pac to work

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
okay i tried extracting the rar. file and it did not work it is still called rar. and does not work what am i supposed to do

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
okay i tried extracting the rar. file and it did not work it is still called rar. and does not work what am i supposed to do
Did no other file show up after you've extracted it?

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
wait is it supposed to appear as a ziped folder because it olny appeared as a blank page that says the name of the file

camzy

Smash Journeyman
It's just a background swap. I don't know how to do it, but someone can help you I'm sure.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Is it okay to request help finding a particular texture in this thread?
I'm looking for Dry Bowser and Dry Giga Bowser, as seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUvDujey1Qs

and here:
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs50/300W/f/2009/257/1/b/Giga_Dry_Bowser_O_O_by_DarkYoshi97531.jpg

I can't locate a download for them anywhere. I've checked through all the major texture sites that are listed(but none of the small ones), and I've spent some time googling and youtubing, but I haven't managed to find them.

Does anyone happen to have either of them, or know where I might find them?

Thanks

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
How do you use the code manager and what is the code? Can this process be used without the Home-brew Channel?

Triple Seven

Smash Rookie
I keep hearing about a Captain Falcon model with a cape, but I've yet to find it anywhere, and can't seem to get Smashboards to turn up any search results on the subject. Does anyone know where I might locate it (or perhaps have the time to upload it if you have it already)?

-Edit-

Found out said texture is from Kurobit, but it isn't available for download. Hopefully he'll see fit to put it up one day and, with a little color alteration, a certain vertexed Batman Falcon won't look so naked and capeless.

Top Bottom