• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ART with Your Almighty Power 4! Results March 28th, 1997!

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
DONE!! yea, i wasnt sure if i was going to make it...now i have to go buy a camera.
Kola-i didnt know u were entering. good luck-ur gonna need it with my entry! JK! lookin foward to the critiques.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
DOUBLE POST
But i have my reasons...

Torrential Finished

Media used: Paint Tool SAI for lines, coloring, most of the pic...
Photoshop CS3 for minor adjustments
Okayyyy. So I'm not the best explainer...but bear with me.
So when i saw the blue, i thought 'oh crap. this might be a tad bit tougher than i wouldve hoped...' So, instead of RAGE anger, i decided to go with a more 'cold' anger. Instead of fire and rage, i went with torrential water. So, the first part drawn was the prelim sketch, then the water in the background. After about 2 hours of drawing water, i went through numerous edits with the sketch of the girl (around 4 different 'skeletons' before i reached the final idea). I wanted to make her flow well with the background, so matching colors and whatnot. After fixing everything i needed to in SAI, i imported the file to CS3 and editted the wave with more 'ripples', sharpened parts of the wave, changed the shading around a bit, and added some shading to the background. And added a sky blue filter to give it a more underwatery feel.

Proofs:
Proof 1
Proof 2
Ooh~! That's really gorgeous!!

Although!! I kind of had the same idea? :confused: Do I need to start over? Although, how I was going to present mine and how you presented yours are completely different.. I still related mine to water in some way as well.. TT__TTv I'm so sorry.. I hope that's okay..
And yeah!! >.<; I Really want to get this done before the due date. I have to run a tournament this weekend so I won't be free much. ):! >.<! But I'll do my best..

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Ooh~! That's really gorgeous!!

Although!! I kind of had the same idea? :confused: Do I need to start over? Although, how I was going to present mine and how you presented yours are completely different.. I still related mine to water in some way as well.. TT__TTv I'm so sorry.. I hope that's okay..
And yeah!! >.<; I Really want to get this done before the due date. I have to run a tournament this weekend so I won't be free much. ):! >.<! But I'll do my best..
Thanks
I dont think ya have to!!! Ya know what they say, great minds think alike :3

Good luck with your piece and the tournament!!!!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Long Awaited...

So, first off, I'm going to say that so many errors occurred while doing this. Distractions, strong bursts of wind, and who knows what else. But yeah, here it is...Well the WIPs at first...all of them.

WIPs:
Skull Sketch, only slightly inked
Skull Sketch, more inked
Skull Final
Add Blue
First Overshot
Addin words, check out my Pumas

So I coudn't fit the entire piece in the photo I was using my iPhone to take all of these soo yeah, here it is.

...the text is supposed to look like that just so you know. I need to buy a camera. Oh well.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Thanks
I dont think ya have to!!! Ya know what they say, great minds think alike :3

Good luck with your piece and the tournament!!!!
Thank you very much~! I greatly appreciate it! Yeah!! If I have the time I'll try and work on it then~! And like I said, I really like your piece!
And Chaco, your piece is really nice too!!

If I don't get this finish in time may I request an extra day? >.<! Please and thanks everyone!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Good work Chaco. What type of paint is that? I hate working with paint but I'd always love to.

That's it I'm getting to work...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Actually it's koolaid, and watered down acryllic paint.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Haha, nice. I'd love to read "Media: Acrylic paint. Kool Aid." on a plaque at a fancy museum. I like the way the skull turned out. I feel like the slogan "We are mortal souls left to die," in combination with the cool palette and upturned 'eyebrow-shadow' creates more of a feeling of hopelessness than rage, but the piece is still well done.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Actually, I was kinda going for hopeless rage. <.<;

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
DONE!! yea, i wasnt sure if i was going to make it...now i have to go buy a camera.
Kola-i didnt know u were entering. good luck-ur gonna need it with my entry! JK! lookin foward to the critiques.
lol of course I'd join this

I saw the chance to have a paintbrush next to my name. I'd love that.

It's kinda odd though, I'm used to use darker colors than blue with most of my works. The hardest part was not being able to use the camera at my school to have a render, so I'll have to do some work on making anger out of....brushes lol

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Chaco, i know i already told you this was epic over AIM...
But again.

...SUPER DUPER JOB, SIR. Nice use of koolaid.

EDIT: KOLA. YOUR SIG MAKES ME HAPPY XD
Moe moe kyuuuuun!~ <3

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Check, mate.

Hi all! Not much of an art person, entering anyways :bee:
My younger brother challenged me to a game of chess today and beat me!
At the time I was pretty cheesed off at myself for underestimating him, yet proud of him at the same time, which gave me this idea.

Proof:

Proof 1
Proof 2
Proof 3

Geist

Smash Master
Here's my entry.
Done on colored pencil and watercolor pencil. Pretty basic how it was done, I lightly drew an outline, and put a few layers of colored pencil down for the face, and watercolor for the background. I'd would have liked to have taken my time with this one, or airbrushed it instead, but I personally think it turned out alright for time I put into it.
I'm garbage at photoshop lol.

Proof 1 - Just scribbles of ideas. Posted mainly because I wrote my tag and the date on it
Proof 2 - The preliminary sketch
Proof 3 - Screen cap of the open files
Proof 4 - - I scanned this when I thought I was done, then I realized I wasn't. So I'm just using it for proof. Pretty late progress

I'm nervous as hell. Some of the other entries are really good.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Done my drawing, done half the colour. Looks like I won't get banned lol. Deadline is Sunday night right?

If I was a judge Mota would have won already. Chess = +500 points.

blowtoes, that is absolutely undescribably, breathtakingly awesome. Adding hair would have been a possible improvement, but I often find stuff like that tricky, considering you'd have to account for it being underwater and what not.

Geist

Smash Master
Thanks for the praise guys :D

blowtoes, that is absolutely undescribably, breathtakingly awesome. Adding hair would have been a possible improvement, but I often find stuff like that tricky, considering you'd have to account for it being underwater and what not.
I actually originally planned it with hair, but I realized I either had to change the whole composition and sacrifice the water lighting on his head, or do without hair completely. I reasoned that I wanted focus on his facial lines, figuring the less distractions the better, which is where the blurry background came in.
But you're right. If I wasn't so busy, I probably would have gone for it. Ahhh well no johns

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'm nervous as hell. Some of the other entries are really good.
No need to be nervous, it's all for fun and orange names. I do agree that there are a lot of really good entries this time around, though, yours included. I honestly have no idea who's gonna take this one. Chaco's Kool-Aid piece is another personal favorite of mine.

Just 1 day remaining...

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
my vote goes to Mota; lovin that facial expression!!

ok, here's mine...hope i set this up right.
Title- Wal-Mart Kills
Description- Wal-Mart sign(in real life is blue-there's my blue) is killing America's small business industry(anger). Hence the smaller companies in line to carry out their deaths-Target, Bi-Lo, & Winn-Dixie. Publix is in the middle of it's jump; Circuit City and Montgomery Ward has already met their fate--dead, bleeding on the ground. The American flag signifies the govts role in the destruction of the economy by letting this haauuge monopoly continue to treat their employees like working dogs and push the economy into the worst recession we've seen since Ford's administration(most anger). The grass is dead so to further push the concept of the weakening American economy. No blame is placed on Wal-Mart customers--tight budget+low prices=Wal-Mart. However, there are ways to keep prices low and competition high, something the govt apparently knows nothing of.
Media: acrylic paint
Find it at:
http://s892.photobucket.com/albums/ac129/MLEsis/
also contains proofs.
Please critique- good, bad, or indifferent!

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Haha, thanks guys. <3

Yea, I'm really liking Chaco's piece, can see why everyone was pressuring him to enter. XD
I could see myself purchasing and hanging it in my room.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator

The First Shall Be Last, 2010

I saw still another mighty angel coming down from Heaven, clothed with a cloud. And twelve horns were on his head, his face was like a chasm, and his feet like bands of light.

Revelation 10:1​

I always seem to be submitting my entry just hours before the deadline. Yeah...

Anyway, the concept here is based off of the dreaded blue shell from the Mario Kart series. In terms of anger I basically wanted to personify it and portray it as a wrathful angel or other superpowerful entity, sent to strike down and punish whoever is in 1st place. Something akin to punishing man for its pride.

Progress images:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee168/BShepard/Blue-Shell.png
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee168/BShepard/Blue-Shell2.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention, 4B graphite for the original sketch and the rest was done using Photoshop CS3. Not sure if it was a big deal to include the process, but yeah...

Spire

III
BRoomer
This is the best AWYP to date. I'm blown away by the quantity and quality of the entries. Holy 'oly mackerel guys.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Neon Ness's entry reminds me of these lyrics:

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
wow, the blue shell was AWESOME! reminds me of that old peach and daisy comic. Really good 'lighting.' gonna have to step my game up with all these great entries and what not. : 3

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
ONE HOUR? I'M GMT BUT I COULD'VE SWORN I HAD LIKE 5 HOURS!

lol anyway I got it, so no ban Spire lol. As usual with my work I absolutely hate it. I hate photographing drawings too.

I spent a good while thinking and came up with nothing substantial. Then it hit me, police! Yeah. They're often angry during protests and what not, fighting off demonstrators during rallies and the such like during the G20. Anger also represents itself when you think of police brutality and oppression. Had a couple ideas, a policeman holding someone, standing on someone's head lol but just went with this:

Colour pencil, light watercolour wash background, printout for the police sign.

I'm not one of those people that can draw great just from memory/just thinking about something at all, so the stance is based off this image:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images...38710377305/Police-stop-G20-protester-001.jpg

WIPS:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2uf3ntx.jpg - Sketch
http://i44.tinypic.com/fu6hd5.jpg - More detail
http://i44.tinypic.com/29vo1tw.jpg - Colour

http://i42.tinypic.com/15gc7wm.jpg - Slight alternative that I scrapped since the angle/proportion didn't feel right.

So yeah it's 3am here. Can I sleep?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I just don't want to wait a month for results to be posted.

:laugh:

I'm a bit anxious to see if I made the cut.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm extremely proud of you guys for pulling through. I'll be sure to give you the most honest of critiques. I already want to congratulate all the entrants for a job well done.

Top Bottom