• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ART with Your Almighty Power 4! Results March 28th, 1997!

Geist

Smash Master
Aw I'm so jealous lol :3
I've always wanted one of those.

So how long does it usually take for the judging process to complete?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Aw I'm so jealous lol :3
I've always wanted one of those.

So how long does it usually take for the judging process to complete?
Decided not to go overboard at an anime con, so i had $100 to put towards art stuff! Definetly a good investment. If you have enough money for one, i'd recommend looking into different types and brands (personally, i recommend Wacom <3). DEFINETLY a great investment.
Heck, im trying to save for an Intuos4 now because i liked the Bamboo a lot<3

Also, as Zio said...yeahhhh....they'll get back to us...eventually xD

Geist

Smash Master
*facepalm* I loled

But yeah I was looking at an Wacom Intuos4 too, but the price tag is a bit lofty for me right now. Getting a laptop is on the top of my priority list right now, but I really need a professional grade pad for game design. The only other alternative is airbrush, and that stuff is time consuming.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lol, I just recently bought an HP convertible laptop. Touch screen capable. the screen size is, like, maybe 14 inches wide and about 6 tall. I got it because I needed a laptop and felt the Touch screen may make it feel more natural to draw on than those wacom things.

After having experience with this thing, I think maybe I would have been better off buying a Laptop with a larger screen and that wacom thing. I can't get anything decent done on this. :(

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
*facepalm* I loled

But yeah I was looking at an Wacom Intuos4 too, but the price tag is a bit lofty for me right now. Getting a laptop is on the top of my priority list right now, but I really need a professional grade pad for game design. The only other alternative is airbrush, and that stuff is time consuming.
Yeahh...the price tag is..er...yeahhh xP
Highfive for game design??? xD

Zio, that srsly sucks!! D:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Get a Wacon Intuos Medium. Large isn't necessary, and small is too small. Like way too small.

The price tag us actually fair in it given how good they are. Over the long run you'll need replacement nibs, which are pretty cheap. But overall Intuos' are much more durable than bamboos.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Get a Wacon Intuos Medium. Large isn't necessary, and small is too small. Like way too small.

The price tag us actually fair in it given how good they are. Over the long run you'll need replacement nibs, which are pretty cheap. But overall Intuos' are much more durable than bamboos.
What Chaco said.
Intuos4 has over 2000 opacity levels, amirite?

Geist

Smash Master
Highfive for game design??? xD
*internet high five*

Yeah I agree with you there, I don't want to jump the gun on quality, nor do I want to spend too much on something I don't need.

I'm really digging the alienware mx11. I like the smaller size compared to their other laptops, and the specs are pretty much right where it's not overkill.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I have an Intuos3. Mine's large, but medium is more than enough.

I once tried to use a Bamboo, and honestly, going from an Intuos to a Bamboo felt painful. You can really tell the difference in quality.

Also, try to look around online. I got my tablet $50 cheaper than retail on eBay.

Congrats on all the entries guys! Please give us up to two weeks for judging, so results on March 28th!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Aww I was expecting results this week from the talk of it all.

Frown

poekmon
This won't come as a surprise, but the results are gonna be delayed. I'm barely halfway through, it's extra difficult now that we have so many entries. I apologize if I'm procrastinating this whole thing.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
No worries Frown and the rest of the judges.

It wouldn't be AWYP if it doesn't get delayed lol.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
No worries Frown and the rest of the judges.

It wouldn't be AWYP if it doesn't get delayed lol.

It wouldn't be any "Your Power" type contest if it wasn't delayed. Coincidentally I planned on actually having mine done on time(today). But for once that didn't matter >=[ There are loads of entries though.

highfive

Smash Lord
Wow. I was looking through all the entries and man, these are all great. Some of these look better then paintings I've seen done for art classes.

Geist

Smash Master
So I forget that it's the 28th yesterday, and I wake up this morning feeling so much hype.
I log in, and

delayed.

sad face

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But how much longer? I failed the Flyer contest, and I just want to hear my failure here, too. I just don't want to be kept waiting.

:(

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Have some faith.

At least a little faith.

Oh come ON! I'm not even asking for a mustard seed size.

PEOPLE! WORK WITH ME HERE!

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
No, if you think like that you won't be judging REALLY hard :urg:
Imagine they are all done and all wait for you to be done. You're keeping everyone on hold Frown...

Top Bottom