• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
APEX 2010 Brawl+, hosted by Bionic Sonic!

We will be doing singles first, and if there is enough time left over, doubles after.

Hey all, this is Bionic! I will be hosting Brawl+ at APEX 2010 thanks to Alex Strife. This will be the biggest Brawl+ tournament of the year; I hope to surpass Pound 4 Brawl+'s record of 64 people. I encourage MD/VA, NJ/NY (I'm looking at you Insomniac!), Toronto, Montreal, Tennessee, Midwest, North Carolina...basically everyone who didn't get a chance to make it out to Pound 4 (and those that did!) to come to this. I'm also making sure I will have a livestream separate from the main one for those that will miss it. If you have any questions, you can PM me, AIM me, or talk to me in the Brawl+ IRC. JCaesar, the host of Pound 4 Brawl+, will also be co-hosting this event with me!

BRAWL+ RULESET

Entry Fee

• Singles: $10
  • Doubles: $10/person ($20/team)

NOTE: All player pre-registration (for the venue fee, which is $30) will be done online (if you are entering other events in APEX like Brawl or Melee you do not have to pay the venue fee again!), but paying for singles and teams will be in person. This is to ensure that the venue is paid off and that we can host all of the events here :p

TO PRE-REGISTER CLICK HERE: http://apex.vgbootcamp.com/ If you are only entering Brawl+, you do NOT have to enter Brawl/Melee on the pre-registration site!

WE WILL ALSO NEED SETUPS! Here's the setup thread, be sure to post if you are bringing a Wii, TV, Brawl, an SD card or any of the combination. I will also buy a lot of SD cards beforehand for those that want to bring a Brawl+ setup but don't want to hack their Wii. You also get entered into a raffle for a FREE TV, see first post under "Setups".

Payouts:

Singles:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%

Teams:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules:

• 4 stock
  • 8 minutes
  • Double Elimination
  • Items set to "off" and "none"
  • All sets are best of 3 (Winners Finals/Losers Finals/Grand Finals will be best of 5)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined by stock then percentage. If percentage is the same then a 1 stock tie breaker match will be played using the same characters and same stage.
  • You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Whoever initiated a Bowsercide, Ganoncide, Kirbycide or Wariocide on the last stock to end the game is the winner of that match regardless of the result.
  • Stalling, such as using Sonic's homing attack under a stage to stall indefinitely, is banned.
  • The official team texture pack from the Brawl+ download and any custom music are allowed. Custom character textures, custom stage textures and custom sound effects are not allowed.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
  1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match*
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
* Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Doubles Rules:
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON

Additional Rules:
  • Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
  • Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock then percentages. If the percentages are the same then a 1 stock tie breaker match will be played with same characters and same stage. At no time will sudden death be played.
  • Wiimotes and classic controllers are allowed but we would prefer if you used a GameCube controller. You are responsible for your controller. Take any necessary actions to prevent interference such as removing batteries.
  • During the tournament, unless it is Winners Finals, Losers Finals or Grand Finals, friendlies and MM's are not to be played. There will be plenty of time before the actual tournament to do that.
  • Important one: If you are 10 minutes late to a match you are DQ'd from winners and losers bracket. DON'T BE LATE.

Stage List:
[1 stage ban]

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
WarioWare (singles) / SSE: Jungle (doubles)

Counterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pictochat+
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege+ (singles) / Luigi's Mansion+ (doubles)
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Rumble Falls+
Frigate Orpheon

strawhats

Smash Master
Please play jiggs if you get to GFs I want to watch
He's gotta get through Armada, PP, Mango, and for some reason I think m2k will get off this time. ( maybe Amsah if he's learned the MU as quickly as I think he has)

and r u referring to the CAPE. (legendary mario main)

Veril

Frame Savant
yes, that is the Cape I was referring to.

Stingers we gotta play some Lucas+ matches. I'll show you some new tricks ;p

Bio you should get this ruleset on the first page so it doesn't get buried. Also... I'd like to do commentary for B+ if possible, at least for a few matches. Got that voice that brings out all the repressed homosexual tendencies in this community ;p and an encyclopedic knowledge of B+ (and vBrawl to a lesser extent but f*** that noise).

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Bio you should get this ruleset on the first page so it doesn't get buried. Also... I'd like to do commentary for B+ if possible, at least for a few matches. Got that voice that brings out all the repressed homosexual tendencies in this community ;p and an encyclopedic knowledge of B+ (and vBrawl to a lesser extent but f*** that noise).
Alex Strife's adding both B+ and 64 to the first post real soon. I just wanted to get this ruleset and stagelist finalized and ready >_< I'll definitely put you on commentary too, can't underestimate that voice :p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no temple with the deceiving platform as a cp? i'm not going. cancelling my pre-reg and returning my plane ticket.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
lol @ Mango, **** as always.

You better come to this tournament man, otherwise I'll steal a car and
drive all the way to cali just to kick your ***.

Heja Sverige!

strawhats

Smash Master
lol...it could only be mango

AND HAPPY DANCE FOR CAPE...its been way too long since he's been in the scene

TheLake

Smash Master
Capes PA's pride

and im gonna make the same call i made for pound 4

a yoshis taking this ****

at least 2nd place or better

Bandit

Smash Lord
Cape and I both endorse this ruleset and stagelist.
That stage list is completely fail. Utter fail.

It would be endorsed by both of you.

Delfino not a 1v1? No reason for that (and no, Halberd is not essentially a clone).
PictoPlus a viable tourney stage? Not at all with the wind on it.
Rainbow Cruise a team stage? Uhh... probably one of the only stages I can safely say is 1v1 only if that.
Luigi's Mansion not a 1v1? Really stupid since this stage works so well in singles with the fixes.

There's no real logic for why you guys chose to go the way you did with stages. None. I don't care if you have a 3 page long essay you want to write in response to me that will probably end with "get owned Bandit" or some cheesy thing like that because I won't read it. It's nothing more than gibberish.

Choosing 10 stages out of a hat for use in singles and doubles would be a better way to choose stages.

Your counterpick stages are Rumble Falls (just a large starter), Castle Siege (small starter), Yoshi's (former starter)... the only stages with any real counterpicking qualities is Brinstar and Halberd.

Why is Lylat not a part of this list??

MaNg0

Smash Hero
bionic sonic warned me for saying ************

=D

i think its time mango gets banned again ne ways hahhaah

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Why are the singles and doubles stage lists so different? It's the same game.

@Bandit - Someone suggested that Halberd and Defino are clones in discussing them? LOL

The stage list is better than I thought it would potentially be, but some of it doesn't make sense

ChiboBrawl+StageList4Life

tw1n

Smash Champion
lol @ Mango, **** as always.

You better come to this tournament man, otherwise I'll steal a car and
drive all the way to cali just to kick your ***.

Heja Sverige!
Lol thats about a 50 hour drive if you were to go straight through... With stops and all it'd be a minimum of a week long trip lol.

Lol Mango. Always funny. We lost your card we had you sign at genesis.... yours is the only one we have lost out of roughly 200. Sucky. All well. We'll do another trick and have you sign one here =D

tw1n

Smash Champion
tw1n:

Alright, I'll get to the US 2 weeks before APEX.
I can pick you and your brother up on the way back, roadtrip!
Awesome!!!! Sounds like a plan hahaha. Aniolas, Mango and the Twins....... almost perfect. Still room for one more tho.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
That stage list is completely fail. Utter fail.

It would be endorsed by both of you.

Delfino not a 1v1? No reason for that (and no, Halberd is not essentially a clone).
PictoPlus a viable tourney stage? Not at all with the wind on it.
Rainbow Cruise a team stage? Uhh... probably one of the only stages I can safely say is 1v1 only if that.
Luigi's Mansion not a 1v1? Really stupid since this stage works so well in singles with the fixes.

There's no real logic for why you guys chose to go the way you did with stages. None. I don't care if you have a 3 page long essay you want to write in response to me that will probably end with "get owned Bandit" or some cheesy thing like that because I won't read it. It's nothing more than gibberish.

Choosing 10 stages out of a hat for use in singles and doubles would be a better way to choose stages.

Your counterpick stages are Rumble Falls (just a large starter), Castle Siege (small starter), Yoshi's (former starter)... the only stages with any real counterpicking qualities is Brinstar and Halberd.

Why is Lylat not a part of this list??
Why are the singles and doubles stage lists so different? It's the same game.

@Bandit - Someone suggested that Halberd and Defino are clones in discussing them? LOL

The stage list is better than I thought it would potentially be, but some of it doesn't make sense
I discussed the stage list with everyone who wanted to make this successful, and most of them favored a more conservative stage list than previous Brawl+ tournies. I ran all of the data and re-read all of the discussion several times and after debating stages, this is how this stagelist was formed. Regardless, even if I repeat that data and explain why I chose a more conservative stagelist over a more liberal one, you said yourself you're not going to listen, so what's the point :ohwell:

I'm quite firm on my stance of the stagelist and if you don't like it, don't enter... but I'm following up on a lot of B+BRoomer's suggestions and ideas for this, and this is the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom