• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I've actually attended the last two MAJOR events [in the US, at least] in the melee community (Genesis and Pound 4). Yes, I was excited to go to both. But it wasn't because Tw1n and Twin_A posted incessantly in the pound 4 thread or because people talked up Genesis at every turn. It was because I understood the gravity of the events. Posts that talk about participants, venue size, amount of set-ups all contribute to hype. Random people popping in and saying "OOOOH HYPE THIS IS GOING TO ****" doesn't change how I feel about a tournament I'm already planning on/trying to attend.
QFT stop posting hype nonsense and talk about money matches

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
ok Idk what to do I really wanna go to this but me being a nobody idk if anyone actually provide a ride so idk whether to register or not.
Just find some people from were you're from and see about riding with them.

Or if you're flying then just ask how/when people are getting rides from the airport and join a group.

And being a nobody doesn't really matter in the smash community. My bro and I were nobodies prior to Genesis and we still had a blast. Just find some people and make friends with them. It's easy in the smash community. If that doesn't work then find my brother and I and we'll chill with you until you make friends at apex.

long story short: don't worry, sign up, and have fun. It will all work out.

But it wasn't because Tw1n and Twin_A posted incessantly in the pound 4 thread or because people talked up Genesis at every turn.
I don't know whether this is good or bad...
But hey my round-the-clock posting in a thread is over now so no worries :p

I'm curious to see Dr PP vs Amsah in tourney or lambchops vs amsah.

2 falcos that know the sheik match up pretty well vs the sheik that is probably most comfortable with the matchup (and possibly the best sheik to ever play)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I've actually attended the last two MAJOR events [in the US, at least] in the melee community (Genesis and Pound 4). Yes, I was excited to go to both. But it wasn't because Tw1n and Twin_A posted incessantly in the pound 4 thread or because people talked up Genesis at every turn. It was because I understood the gravity of the events. Posts that talk about participants, venue size, amount of set-ups all contribute to hype. Random people popping in and saying "OOOOH HYPE THIS IS GOING TO ****" doesn't change how I feel about a tournament I'm already planning on/trying to attend.
Dude, it's called PR, and it works. Maybe not your personal thing, but it gets things known and encourages people to come.

Don't be a wet blanket.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Alright so what if I sign up, and suddenly I can't go. Do I get refunds or something like that

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
Alright so what if I sign up, and suddenly I can't go. Do I get refunds or something like that
Yes you will recieve a refund!

And I am still a nobody trying to gain recognition in the Smash Community! I was @ Pound 4 and no one really know me @ all... Except Hat maybe cause I stayed in his Piano Shop! lol but yah It was still a blast just to go and take part in the "Hype." For me, I Love the Game, so to go to a place where hundreds of people also love the game, is just an unexplainable experience! Good Times!

Bring on the MM's! cause I've been training ever since Pound 4!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Bring on the MM's! cause I've been training ever since Pound 4!
i'll pichu ditto youa true test of skill. pichu outranges you, kills you at really low percents and can get some nasty combos for pichu and tech chase a out of d-throw. it's really impossible to edge gaurd them also a very hard match that can take 2 minutes on DL64 or 7 minutes on PS.

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I'm looking @ a hotel reservation!
There is room for 3 more as of now!

it is "The Heldrich Hotel"
10 Livingston Ave, New Brunswick, NJ

the Room includes: Two double beds with 300-thread-count linens and down bedspreads. 650 square feet. Floors 3-9. View of Livingston Plaza. Flat-screen TV with premium cable channels and pay movies. Multi-line phone. Complimentary local calls. Wake-up calls. Complimentary wireless Internet access. Complimentary daily newspapers. Clock radio. Coffeemaker. Hair dryer. Iron. Bathrobes. Blackout drapes. Art Deco style.

Rate is $94 a night! between 4 people it would be about $23.50 a night/per person. Which comes to $70.50 Total for three nights of stay!

Not bad for everything thats included! If you're interested PM me or contact me Via AIM

strawhats

Smash Master
Just find some people from were you're from and see about riding with them.

Or if you're flying then just ask how/when people are getting rides from the airport and join a group.

And being a nobody doesn't really matter in the smash community. My bro and I were nobodies prior to Genesis and we still had a blast. Just find some people and make friends with them. It's easy in the smash community. If that doesn't work then find my brother and I and we'll chill with you until you make friends at apex.

long story short: don't worry, sign up, and have fun. It will all work out.

I don't know whether this is good or bad...
But hey my round-the-clock posting in a thread is over now so no worries :p

I'm curious to see Dr PP vs Amsah in tourney or lambchops vs amsah.

2 falcos that know the sheik match up pretty well vs the sheik that is probably most comfortable with the matchup (and possibly the best sheik to ever play)
1. Id like to see DSW/PP vs. Amsah

2. KDJ ftw... no bias there

3. Calle W vs. PP/SHIZ/Mango nuff said.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Sign me up for dis shiz. I wouldn't miss it, Alex.
600+ is quite a huge goal. I think you can do it. For the most part I'm excited to come and **** at Brawl+ and crews too. Thanks for throwing those side events in there. :)
The OOC list is already impressive. I'm surprised to see that some OOS special guests such as Isai will be there. He does know there will be no SSB64, right? :laugh:

M@v

Subarashii!
This will be a good tourney, but you can't every singles video game tourney imaginable in 3 days. Hence why no 64, etc. Just do what they did at APEX, brawl+ tourney at 4A.M. :)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
This will be a good tourney, but you can't every singles video game tourney imaginable in 3 days. Hence why no 64, etc. Just do what they did at APEX, brawl+ tourney at 4A.M. :)
4AM lmfao!

earthadept

Smash Lord
at the very least there will be mad money matches/friendlies/small tourney in my room or something.

didnt m2k say there was gonna be 64 at some point in this thread? i might be thinking of the wrong tournament... lol

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
at the very least there will be mad money matches/friendlies/small tourney in my room or something.

didnt m2k say there was gonna be 64 at some point in this thread? i might be thinking of the wrong tournament... lol
I Actually think you're right! I think i remember that!

xHayatox

Smash Lord
I am coming from Cambodia. Will anyone available to letting me stay somewhere? It is my first time in Tournament in New Jersey. Thank you kindly.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hayato!!! If you're able to make it... let's bboy. Rutgers (the college of this venue) has a good breaking scene and we can show smashers that DaShizWiz isn't the best dancer in the smash community :)

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
I am coming from Cambodia. Will anyone available to letting me stay somewhere? It is my first time in Tournament in New Jersey. Thank you kindly.
Yo I am gettin a hotel room and I would be glad to house you!! just let me know if you're interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom