• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prawn Presents: MASS B.A.S.S. -Cancelled- Explanation inside. Very sorry :[

Prawn

Smash Master
I will answer any and all questions, basically tl;dr is

i crashed my car

i have no $$$ to pay the venue

ggs me :[

start flaming: NOW

ALSO

EVERYBODY SHOULD GO TO DNA7 IT IS THE BEST NEW ENGLAND TOURNAMENT SERIES

GO TO IT

i will get a link

Octave

Smash Ace
ConnectiCon is this weekend, July 9~11. Some of CT probably wouldn't attend, and I'm pretty sure Darc is coming down for CTCon as well.

Prawn

Smash Master
thats awesome to know now cause the date is super flexible.

i'll change it in a few minutes

Prawn

Smash Master
Changed. Again the date is not set in stone until after friday or saturday so let me know any problems!

Prawn

Smash Master
Yea I'm sorry about the 10 dollar venue fee everybody, but this venue should be really nice!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Pinz? I've been there before. But the last time I went there it just made me super sad that the amazing Skate Palace no longer exists =( That was a big part of my childhood, and I could hardly believe that I was standing in the same physical location yet everything was all different. It was too weird.

Out of curiosity, where in the building is the tournament going to be held? Will it be in one of those party rooms in the back (or wherever they moved them to)?

Prawn

Smash Master
I believe we will have the big adult party conference room AND the two childrens party rooms

if this gets enough hype I'll look into renting the entire place. But I doubt thats going to happen unless we get H-Y-P-E.

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Used to know someone who worked in that Pinz, got free bowling all the time :) The place is pretty nice, although i've never been in the conference rooms.

The bathroom was always real clean too.... <3 clean bathrooms.

Prawn

Smash Master
No. I'm trying to work out discounted prices on bowling but I can't make any promises yet.

Yes I know the venue fee is a little more but honestly there is a lot of warning so I think you guys can get the money. I'm going to make it worth it by getting as much as OoR attendance for both games as possible. So hype this up!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm coming, this is gonna be legit.

so?
some people are struggling college students with no money from parents and working to pay for our education and the overpriced tuition that comes with it

=D

Prawn

Smash Master
some people are struggling college students with no money from parents and working to pay for our education and the overpriced tuition that comes with it

=D
you have two months to come up with 5 dollars.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol yea i know

im actually not even gonna be in MA so have fun yall

Prawn

Smash Master
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

fuuu

Prawn

Smash Master
the principle of the matter is that the venue has an arcade and a bar CogSmooch.

and i will fight my hardest to get you some freebies from the venue!

Prawn

Smash Master
i cant do that unless we have a lot of people confirmed. The only thing thats going to help in the venue fee matter is if i can get you guys free or discounted rates on the other attractions at the venue.

The venue fee is staying at 10 dollars.

edit: if you guys want the teams entry fee to go down to 10 I can do that.

also if there are enough people and setups here we will be doing pools!

Allied

Smash Master

Roman.

Smash Champion
so like... are the rooms really big enough for melee and brawl?

i'm guessing there will be atleast 40 from each side considering it's summer and getting out at 9?

... 11 hours isn't that much time...

... meh

Prawn

Smash Master
Yes, we're going to have 2 party rooms, AND a big conference room. I'm probably going to put melee in the 2 rooms and brawl in the big conference room or vice versa.

and no BC you have to pay for the lazer tag :( lol even a 10 dollar venue fee would never cover that

Prawn

Smash Master
I would just like to make everyone aware a few things so its clear however:

-There won't be free bowling/lazer tag/arcade/bar. But these are accessible all day to you!

-However I am saying now you will probably get some perk with the venue fee

-The standard Saturday business will be there, idk how much this is but we have to be respectful even if we're in a room separated from them. This means

NO extremely loud outbursts of profanity I will give two warnings then you are DQ'd

NO throwing of controllers or obvious outbursts of anger. I will ask you once to calm down and then I will DQ you.

I'm going to post the ruleset now.

EDIT: Ruleset up, I'm probably going to change the Brawl rules and add ledge grab limits, I stole the melee ruleset from mass madness so lemme know if thats ok guys.

Top Bottom