• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
lol Nick hated the old intro, so i changed this

Basically, bring setups and TVs and stuff. And people. Lots and lots of people.

Location/Contact info

Where it is: My house
3304 South 116th AVENUE (NOT street)
Omaha, NE 68144
If you need help with something, PM me or call/text at 402-650-7288
If you need housing, talk to Dan (ShermanTheTank) or Tyser (resTy)... I think

General information

Time: Start showing up around noon, leave by 11:00-11:30

Tournament costs:
$5 Brawl Singles
$5 Melee Singles
$1 Side tournaments
$10 per team doubles tournaments
Dunno how much for Brawl- yet, discuss

Pool split:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Tournament Rules

-3 Stock

-8 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

-Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.

-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

-Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)

-Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

-Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

-Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

NEW AND SUPER COOL LEDGE GRAB LIMIT!!!!!!!! If a tournament match goes to time and a player grabbed the ledge more than 40 times, that player loses that game; if both players grabbed the ledge more than 40 times, normal time-out rules apply.

Set Format

1. Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match. *

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.

The stage striking order changes depending on the number of stages allowed. When reading this order, “1” is player 1 and “2” is player 2. The optimal striking orders are as follows:
3 Stages: 2-1
5 Stages: 1-2-2-1
7 Stages: 1-1-2-2-2-1
9 Stages: 1-1-1-2-2-2-2-1
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.

4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. **

6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.

7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. Also, the choices made here include the character's color and whether the player will start as Samus or Zero Suit Samus, as Zelda or Sheik, or as a particular Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer.

**No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Doubles Rules

-Team Attack must be set to ON.

-Sharing stocks is allowed.

-The controller ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-If the clock expires in a team match and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, use the sum of the final percentage of players on each team as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins. (A player who has been eliminated has no stocks and 0%).

-In team play, causing both characters of a team to become frozen (i.e. by interrupting a throw with a wind attack) is to be treated the same way as freezing the opponent in singles. Leaving only one of your opponent's characters frozen is legal since the teammate can work to undo the freeze.

Stage List

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick Stages
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Banned Stages
everything else :p

Results for 4/30

Note: I was unable to save the Round Robin brackets for some reason.

Brawl Singles - Round Robin

Results by sets won, then games won/lost

1. Joker - 9-0, 18-1 :snake:
2. Rob - 8-1, 17-2 :wolf:
3. Jarell - 7-2, 14-6 :yoshi2:
4. Smeesh - 5-4, 11-10 :peach:
5. Gamegenie - 5-4, 11-11 :falco: :metaknight:
6. Wang - 4-5, 9-11 :luigi2:
7. Hot Carl - 3-6, 8-14 :gw:
8. NoM - 3-6, 8-13 :olimar:
9. Echo - 1-8, 3-17 :ness2:
10. Aura - 0-9, 4-18 :marth: :toonlink:

Mortal Kombat 9 - Round Robin

1. The Dude (HQYZ) - 7-0, 14-1
2. Echo - 5-2, 12-5
3. JBM - 5-2, 11-6
4. MK Mike - 5-2, 11-7
5. Rob - 2-5, 6-10
6. Gamegenie - 2-5, 5-10
7. Tyler - 2-5, 5-11
8. Smeesh - 0-7, 0-14

So, these tournaments are going to be on hiatus until August, because I'm doing other stuff for pretty much the whole summer. Sorry!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
****, 50% more sexy!?!? So far we've had 3 girls (minus dan's G/F) as a max at these tournaments, so does that mean 5 girls may come next time (rounding up).

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Move Halberd and Lylat to CP, and ban Jungle Japes, and you're good.
This please.
FINE GEEZ

****, 50% more sexy!?!? So far we've had 3 girls (minus dan's G/F) as a max at these tournaments, so does that mean 5 girls may come next time (rounding up).
I enjoy coming up with snarky titles for things.

Since I can't create a poll for whatever reason, let's just talk about what side events we want. (I consider Doubles a "side event" because there usually isn't a lot of interest in them)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Keep jungle japes cause they are some haters who don't want to be camped.

THuGz

Smash Lord
melee B+ or B- for side tournament, i'm good with any but B+ would be my first choice

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
It is a fun stage (plus I love the soundtrack!), so is wario ware (stupid soundtrack), but that doesn't mean it should be tournament legal. And actually at the last Jokers I was CPed to Rainbow cruise twice...

THuGz

Smash Lord
idk i think jungle japes is legit. No part of it is like ridiculous really, and you can just think of the water as a blast line... that sometimes doesn't kill you

Dnyce

Smash Master
Move Halberd and Lylat to CP, and ban Jungle Japes, and you're good.
If you're going to make objections about the stage list, at least know how neutrals work...

Starter / Counter Stages
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Smashville
    Recommended for 3+ stage starter list

• Lylat Cruise
  • Pokémon Stadium
    Recommended for 5+ stage starter list

• Final Destination
  • Castle Siege
    Recommended for 7+ stage starter list

• Delfino Plaza
  • Halberd
    Recommended for 9 stage starter list
Meaning Lylat and Final Destination should be swapped; however, if you strongly feel Lylat belongs in Counterpick, then we should just use Battlefield, Yoshi's Island and Smashville for starter stages.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I want to come with you Greg.

I'm okay with any side tourney, but if Brawl- happens I don't think I could enter that again. If Ngamer comes or any Nebraskans want to casual in any fighting games I'd be up for those.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
So what I've been considering is having $5 Melee/Brawl and having Brawl- as a $1 side tourney. Thoughts? Any other side tournies you want?

Trent

Smash Champion
I mean yeah, FD is not a neutral anymore.

But Lylat being a neutral above FD is just weird to me.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I want to come with you Greg.

I'm okay with any side tourney, but if Brawl- happens I don't think I could enter that again. If Ngamer comes or any Nebraskans want to casual in any fighting games I'd be up for those.
Bloody Roar and Soul Caliber 2 son.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm with Trent on this one, I like the idea of SV/FD/YI for neutrals, but Lylat Cruise/Pokémon Stadium over FD is crayze.

I'll play Killer Instinct over BR, may be down to play SC2

Edit: Slast is in like 2 weeks, Trent do you have room in your car again?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
If I still had my DS Pokemon would be going down. :D

I'll pokesav a bond with Joker's pokemon and he can battle for me though.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If I still had my DS Pokemon would be going down. :D

I'll pokesav a bond with Joker's pokemon and he can battle for me though.
And he will have the same result along with you man in japanese monster cockfighting.

Mushrooming: If your reading this, I'm coming for that *** in PKMN son cause no one beats my precious Suicune with a yellow rat and gets away with it.

Gregdang: Can u bring your trade books and stuff for yugioh and help me build a good deck next time I meet u cause there some yugioh idiot at school who thinks he's all that and **** but I want to shut his face hard at the game, he can never open it again?

Also this kid traded off his mirror force from Metal Raiders for a B.E.U.D LAWLS TO THE ****ING MOON what u think about this?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Trent: CAN U HELP US TO GETTING TO SLAST V2 ALONG WITH HELPING THUG CAUSE HE LIVES IN LINCOLN AS WELL AND ME AND ROB DON'T WANT TO END UP WITH NO RIDE LIKE LAST TIME LAST WEEKEND?

ALSO I STILL ****ING RAGE OVER THAT.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Trent: CAN U HELP US TO GETTING TO SLAST V2 ALONG WITH HELPING THUG CAUSE HE LIVES IN LINCOLN AS WELL AND ME AND ROB DON'T WANT TO END UP WITH NO RIDE LIKE LAST TIME LAST WEEKEND?

ALSO I STILL ****ING RAGE OVER THAT.
Dude there is an edit button. Why do you hate me so much Gamegenie?

Also Aura - Would you have space for 2 PCs or are we pretty much limited to Laptops as far as SC2 goes?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dude there is an edit button. Why do you hate me so much Gamegenie?

Also Aura - Would you have space for 2 PCs or are we pretty much limited to Laptops as far as SC2 goes?
I don't hate u I just do want I want man and u want to sell me MGS for the PS1 or borrow?

Top Bottom