• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Today's my burfday.

Goin' to the football game with daddy.

@Joker: T_T

Seriously. That just ruined the 15 minutes remaining in the day.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Jokers post was better

Because I forgot why I got on here in the first place: Edit...

I'll have my car by monday so if Smeesh or whoever else can't drive to SLAST 2, I can. But my tiny Civic could probably only fit 4 unless we get a bunch of smaller types.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
So something just came up on the 25th for pretty much the whole day. Time to find out when to postpone it to.

How does the 16th of October sound?

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here's the lowdown.

Basically, my schedule for the next month is a total *****. I've got marching band contests every Saturday until the 30th of October, and I'm not sure about the schedules for most of them.

HOWEVER, on the 25th of September (the original date) I just found out that I'm done at around 3, so we could tehoretically hold monthlies on that day, you'd just have to show up later.

So, would we still be able to do this on the 25th? Or are we gonna practically kick this into November?

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
If you have such a busy schedule you shouldn't be holding monthlies. Not trying to be a dick, just keeping it on the real. Let someone else who has more time take over or just let these monthlies die. Only people who will ever show anymore is Iowa anyways, and they just come to chill with Yulai for the most part.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Not trying to be a dick.
they just come to chill with Yulai for the most part.
You should just schedule it for later on the 25th, some people had to get work off to make this so you should still do it. Have one in October as well if you/your parents still want to have them at your place or if we don't find a new venue by then. Doing them later shouldn't be a big deal especially since there is no choice.

Also, everyone likes Yulai.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
You should just schedule it for later on the 25th, some people had to get work off to make this so you should still do it. Have one in October as well if you/your parents still want to have them at your place or if we don't find a new venue by then. Doing them later shouldn't be a big deal especially since there is no choice.

Also, everyone likes Yulai.
I kinda agree with Trollyser. I'd say do this one, host it at 3 instead and then postpone it until you'd have the time to do these or let someone else take over. I should get Tyler to host in his basement.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
If you have such a busy schedule you shouldn't be holding monthlies.
My schedule's only really this busy until marching band season's over at the end of October. After that, I'll probably be fine.

Since I'm sure people have already taken off work, I'm gonna go ahead and just host on the original date. Don't start showing up until 3:30-4:00, please.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
my schedule's only really this busy until marching band season's over at the end of october. After that, i'll probably be fine.

Since i'm sure people have already taken off work, i'm gonna go ahead and just host on the original date. Don't start showing up until 3:30-4:00, please.
party at aura's from 12-3. Everyone be sure to be there!

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Just make sure you clean up afterward.

@Sherman: All forms of Smash except 64, Tatsu - oh wait you meant in band, trombone.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Brawl > 64 > B+ > melee > B- > balanced
although I love B-, it goes on the bottom for obvious reasons, and 64 is probably harder than melee, but i like brawl because its more about the mental aspect

Mew3King

Smash Rookie
64 is not harder than Melee. You ever play that game? Play me at the monthly, Ill show you how it's done.

P.S. Melee requires more technical skill and mental capacity than Brawl and 64 ever had. You've either never been involved in the competitive community or are delusional.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
64 is not harder than Melee. You ever play that game? Play me at the monthly, Ill show you how it's done.

P.S. Melee requires more technical skill and mental capacity than Brawl and 64 ever had. You've either never been involved in the competitive community or are delusional.
You've just been marked by Tyser. He will never sleep, he will never eat.

THuGz

Smash Lord
whatever, man. don't bash games that other people obviously have thought out opinions about, u can give yours if you want

Mew3King

Smash Rookie
It's been decided. You're gonna get Smashed.

P.S. Your opinion is wrong.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I assume every person thats posts on the boards I haven't met from Iowa / Nebraska is Tyser. Also 64 is so easy to learn lmao. I learned all of Captain Falcon's and Fox's combos in like 30 minutes. Or you can just pick Pikachu and grab people.

Mew3King

Smash Rookie
Put me in a room with 64 Smash for about one hour. I'll be able to beat any scrub in that game easily. Playing a competent player is another story which is okay since there aren't many.

resTy

Smash Champion
Nebraska Brawl Power Ranking. We need them so we don't get shit seeding at OoS tournies.
Just throw your opinions on the ranks out here and we'll work things out. Be honest.
After everyone posts their lists, it will be used to compile a true list.
That will be the first version of the Nebraska Brawl PR.

My list:

1) Tyser
2) Trent
3) MegaRobMan
4) Smeesh
5) Dark Yoshi
6) ULi
7) ShermanTheTank
8) Mexi
9) AuraStorm
10) GameGenie

Reasoning:

I'm ahead of Trent because I have more experience than he does in the Smash scene in general. My ability to adapt to situations and read my opponent is higher than his. Trent has more actual Brawl experience than I do but his competitive experience isn't at my level yet, which I feel is a very important factor, if not the most important factor, when determining skill level. I also perform relatively well at all tournaments that I get involved with, only losing to known players.

Trent is above everybody else because he's clearly better than them. His experience shows against others on the list because not really many other people play Brawl well and so he wrecks them pretty badly. He shows struggle against Rob usually, but typically walks away with the win and even when he loses, he's overall a better player than Rob and has less bad habits than Rob as well.

Rob is better than everyone below him because of local tournament placings and because he typically won't lose to anyone other than Tyser or Trent or out of state competition. He's lower than Tyser and Trent because of the apparent difference in skill level between him and the other two. Too many bad habits also puts him in this position. With more experience, he can possibly rise in the PR.

Smeesh is here because, even though he doesn't play the game much anymore, he's still a threat whenever he goes out of state. He has more experience than anybody on the list but doesn't have a lot of knowledge about Brawl and it's match-ups. He's here because he loses to the Top 3 on a regular basis. Not trying to use Inui Logic or nothing, but it actually does matter when he consistently loses to the Top 3. He is here for that reason and because of his inactivity.

Dark Yoshi is 5th on the list because he's better than the rest but has way less experience than the guys above him. He has way too many bad habits that, if fixed, can make him into a fine Brawl player. He's also very inactive, only showing up at monthlies and never to Smashfests.

ULi is here because he's not as good as the guys above him. He has the experience but has the wrong mindset and doesn't understand Brawl's match-ups and mechanics. His lack of practice and knowledge is why he's so low on the list.

ShermanTheTank is here because he wins more than the guys below him.

Mexi is above Aura and Genie because, despite his lack of participating in tournies, he has more competitive experience than they do and makes overall better choices than them in matches. He's overall a smarter and better player than they are.

AuraStorm is here mostly because of tournament placing and lack of practice. He only snows up at monthlies and continues to place low at tournaments. He's above GameGenie because he places higher than GameGenie on a regular monthly basis. That is the only reason he's above GameGenie.

GameGenie is last on the PR because of his lack of experience, lack of practice and consistent low tournament placing.

Notable Player: Cue. He isn't on the list at all because he hasn't participated in a tournament in over a year and never plays the game anymore. Would probably be #6 on the list if he was thrown on.

If you have questions or concerns about your placing on my list, feel free to ask about it.
I'm keeping it real so that we can generate a legitimate starting list.
Post your thoughts and your own list(s) so that we can discuss as a unified state!

EDIT: BTW, after the true list comes out, I will keep track of it and update it whenever possible. Each tournament you go to will be accounted for towards the power ranking in a fair manner. The ways in which we determine increase or decrease in rank will be discussed when the list is finally completed.

Trent

Smash Champion
I'm okay with that list as well. I didn't like being first anyways, I don't like when stuff gets to my head and this way I have something to work towards.

resTy

Smash Champion
We might end up having a Top 5 cut-off for the PR because everyone after that has a skill level that is significantly lower than the top players. Like, everyone from 6-10 are comparable to Krillin and everyone from 1-5 are decent enough to be at least Future Trunks (this is an analogy). Having people who are of such a low level don't really need to be established, in my opinion. If you want to get on the list, get better and start doing well at tournies. Thoughts?

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yes, he is. He just a catalyst for all of Goku's power to get to the next level except SSJ2 And SSJ3.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Good thinking Tyser, though this could potentially change after this weekend with #2-4/8/10 attending SLAST.

1) Tyser-Duh, though I'm picking up on your bad MK habits (yes you have some).
2) Trent-We haven't played in like 3 months, but he belongs here.
3) MegaRobMan-If this was a Luigi power ranking I'd be #1 because my stache level is off the charts :laugh:....yes I belong at #3, but you say I have a lot of bad habit's, still, what are they? I don't roll into your charged up smashes (too much).
4) Smeesh-Smeesh plays too much B- so it ruins the brawl mechanics. Example: he dash dances into jabs because he thinks he's playing melee/B-.
5) Dark Yoshi-Does anyone know how to fight a Yoshi? I've been meaning to invite him to more games but I think he frowns on the green if ya feelz me.
6) ULi/ShermanTheTank-I think Uli and Dan are legit tied here, but I would give the edge to Uli if I had to just because Dan refuses to play vanilla anymore and he's got a lot of mental blocks where as Uli seems to enjoy brawl again. I think they are even in tourneys.
8) Mexi-Mexi should be higher, he's got the skills but if you get a stock ahead of him he'll start raging and **** up the entire time and start talking about "How if you lose to a Samus you must suck because Samus has nothing goign for her).
9) AuraStorm-****, he's gotten better. He beat Silver at the last shermans and it wasn't a fluke.
10) GameGenie-He learned how to chaingrab with Falco so I fear him now.

Overall I think this is a good list, but my friends in Lincoln, who I am seeing today, would fill out #6-10. Nate got 4th at Contagion and beat dan, Reed got 2nd at Contagion, Andy is really good and Kirby is also good. I know none of you except Dan have spent any time playing against those guys (except Tyser and Reed who played like 10 rounds in a row), but Thug is gonna meet them today. Trent/Silver you guys are invited too.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Yamcha is actually the strongest character in DBZ.
His Wolf Fang Fist could potentially destroy planets.

Good thinking Tyser, though this could potentially change after this weekend with #2-4/8/10 attending SLAST.

1) Tyser-Duh, though I'm picking up on your bad MK habits (yes you have some).
2) Trent-We haven't played in like 3 months, but he belongs here.
3) MegaRobMan-If this was a Luigi power ranking I'd be #1 because my stache level is off the charts :laugh:....yes I belong at #3, but you say I have a lot of bad habit's, still, what are they? I don't roll into your charged up smashes (too much).
4) Smeesh-Smeesh plays too much B- so it ruins the brawl mechanics. Example: he dash dances into jabs because he thinks he's playing melee/B-.
5) Dark Yoshi-Does anyone know how to fight a Yoshi? I've been meaning to invite him to more games but I think he frowns on the green if ya feelz me.
6) ULi/ShermanTheTank-I think Uli and Dan are legit tied here, but I would give the edge to Uli if I had to just because Dan refuses to play vanilla anymore and he's got a lot of mental blocks where as Uli seems to enjoy brawl again. I think they are even in tourneys.
8) Mexi-Mexi should be higher, he's got the skills but if you get a stock ahead of him he'll start raging and **** up the entire time and start talking about "How if you lose to a Samus you must suck because Samus has nothing goign for her).
9) AuraStorm-****, he's gotten better. He beat Silver at the last shermans and it wasn't a fluke.
10) GameGenie-He learned how to chaingrab with Falco so I fear him now.

Overall I think this is a good list, but my friends in Lincoln, who I am seeing today, would fill out #6-10. Nate got 4th at Contagion and beat dan, Reed got 2nd at Contagion, Andy is really good and Kirby is also good. I know none of you except Dan have spent any time playing against those guys (except Tyser and Reed who played like 10 rounds in a row), but Thug is gonna meet them today. Trent/Silver you guys are invited too.

1. Tyser rarely actually plays MK anymore so knowing those habits doesn't really mean anything.
Honestly his DDD is much better.
3. One of your bad habits was that you didn't space your fsmashes correctly so I'd just grab you out of them, but that was like a couple months ago or something.
5. I can fight Yoshi because I have to fight two Yoshi's every time I come down there. I'm still pissed though because I'm playing against Yoshi. The matchup is going to be in your favor no matter what unless you're playing a terrible char.
6. This might actually be correct. Uli has more experience overall if nothing else, though I didn't actually think he cared about Brawl.
9. Silver plays like once every three months or something so that doesn't really account into anything.
Is that the same Reed that I'd know from a while back at UNL tourneys?

Also, dicks.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Wolf's F-Smash is really hard to space so I'm still working on it. And yes it is the same Reed from the UNL melee/brawl squad most likely.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Just my opinion but I'd place Smeesh higher, either equal or just below Trent. if only because I know how scary he was at his peak and know if he really wanted to win he could just pick up and start playing like that again if he wanted to, because it was just pure spacing.

Then again if Smeesh ever got to that point again he'd probably be the best in NE, but I mean. You say this power rankings list is for OOS tourney seedings but how much of NE is going to travel for Brawlol?

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go on record and agree with pretty much everything Tyser said. I've only been playing in tournies since the second Contagion while most of you guys have been playing for years. I've also been 15 for most of the time. However, I literally just turned 16 last Saturday and I'm getting a car soon, so I'll be able to make it to more stuff.

I'm gonna go ahead and start a troll power ranking:

1. Tyser
2. Gamegenie (what's your longest posting streak)
11. Mew3King

Top Bottom