• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Good thinking Tyser, though this could potentially change after this weekend with #2-4/8/10 attending SLAST.

1) Tyser-Duh, though I'm picking up on your bad MK habits (yes you have some).
2) Trent-We haven't played in like 3 months, but he belongs here.
3) MegaRobMan-If this was a Luigi power ranking I'd be #1 because my stache level is off the charts :laugh:....yes I belong at #3, but you say I have a lot of bad habit's, still, what are they? I don't roll into your charged up smashes (too much).
4) Smeesh-Smeesh plays too much B- so it ruins the brawl mechanics. Example: he dash dances into jabs because he thinks he's playing melee/B-.
5) Dark Yoshi-Does anyone know how to fight a Yoshi? I've been meaning to invite him to more games but I think he frowns on the green if ya feelz me.
6) ULi/ShermanTheTank-I think Uli and Dan are legit tied here, but I would give the edge to Uli if I had to just because Dan refuses to play vanilla anymore and he's got a lot of mental blocks where as Uli seems to enjoy brawl again. I think they are even in tourneys.
8) Mexi-Mexi should be higher, he's got the skills but if you get a stock ahead of him he'll start raging and **** up the entire time and start talking about "How if you lose to a Samus you must suck because Samus has nothing goign for her).
9) AuraStorm-****, he's gotten better. He beat Silver at the last shermans and it wasn't a fluke.
10) GameGenie-He learned how to chaingrab with Falco so I fear him now.

Overall I think this is a good list, but my friends in Lincoln, who I am seeing today, would fill out #6-10. Nate got 4th at Contagion and beat dan, Reed got 2nd at Contagion, Andy is really good and Kirby is also good. I know none of you except Dan have spent any time playing against those guys (except Tyser and Reed who played like 10 rounds in a row), but Thug is gonna meet them today. Trent/Silver you guys are invited too.
I always been knowing how to chaingrag with Falco man but I can understand why I on the bottom of the list cause I don't have a wii so I can't play brawl at the moment and all I can do is play melee and I have a lack of experience against good players but I'm still trying 2 find my style and I need to practice my DACUS cause it will help me out alot.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nebraska Brawl Power Ranking. We need them so we don't get shit seeding at OoS tournies.
Just throw your opinions on the ranks out here and we'll work things out. Be honest.
After everyone posts their lists, it will be used to compile a true list.
That will be the first version of the Nebraska Brawl PR.

My list:

1) Tyser
2) Trent
3) MegaRobMan
4) Smeesh
5) Dark Yoshi
6) ULi
7) ShermanTheTank
8) Mexi
9) AuraStorm
10) GameGenie

Reasoning:

I'm ahead of Trent because I have more experience than he does in the Smash scene in general. My ability to adapt to situations and read my opponent is higher than his. Trent has more actual Brawl experience than I do but his competitive experience isn't at my level yet, which I feel is a very important factor, if not the most important factor, when determining skill level. I also perform relatively well at all tournaments that I get involved with, only losing to known players.

Trent is above everybody else because he's clearly better than them. His experience shows against others on the list because not really many other people play Brawl well and so he wrecks them pretty badly. He shows struggle against Rob usually, but typically walks away with the win and even when he loses, he's overall a better player than Rob and has less bad habits than Rob as well.

Rob is better than everyone below him because of local tournament placings and because he typically won't lose to anyone other than Tyser or Trent or out of state competition. He's lower than Tyser and Trent because of the apparent difference in skill level between him and the other two. Too many bad habits also puts him in this position. With more experience, he can possibly rise in the PR.

Smeesh is here because, even though he doesn't play the game much anymore, he's still a threat whenever he goes out of state. He has more experience than anybody on the list but doesn't have a lot of knowledge about Brawl and it's match-ups. He's here because he loses to the Top 3 on a regular basis. Not trying to use Inui Logic or nothing, but it actually does matter when he consistently loses to the Top 3. He is here for that reason and because of his inactivity.

Dark Yoshi is 5th on the list because he's better than the rest but has way less experience than the guys above him. He has way too many bad habits that, if fixed, can make him into a fine Brawl player. He's also very inactive, only showing up at monthlies and never to Smashfests.

ULi is here because he's not as good as the guys above him. He has the experience but has the wrong mindset and doesn't understand Brawl's match-ups and mechanics. His lack of practice and knowledge is why he's so low on the list.

ShermanTheTank is here because he wins more than the guys below him.

Mexi is above Aura and Genie because, despite his lack of participating in tournies, he has more competitive experience than they do and makes overall better choices than them in matches. He's overall a smarter and better player than they are.

AuraStorm is here mostly because of tournament placing and lack of practice. He only snows up at monthlies and continues to place low at tournaments. He's above GameGenie because he places higher than GameGenie on a regular monthly basis. That is the only reason he's above GameGenie.

GameGenie is last on the PR because of his lack of experience, lack of practice and consistent low tournament placing.

Notable Player: Cue. He isn't on the list at all because he hasn't participated in a tournament in over a year and never plays the game anymore. Would probably be #6 on the list if he was thrown on.

If you have questions or concerns about your placing on my list, feel free to ask about it.
I'm keeping it real so that we can generate a legitimate starting list.
Post your thoughts and your own list(s) so that we can discuss as a unified state!

EDIT: BTW, after the true list comes out, I will keep track of it and update it whenever possible. Each tournament you go to will be accounted for towards the power ranking in a fair manner. The ways in which we determine increase or decrease in rank will be discussed when the list is finally completed.
Are u going to do one for brawl- as well Tyser

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
We might end up having a Top 5 cut-off for the PR because everyone after that has a skill level that is significantly lower than the top players. Like, everyone from 6-10 are comparable to Krillin and everyone from 1-5 are decent enough to be at least Future Trunks (this is an analogy). Having people who are of such a low level don't really need to be established, in my opinion. If you want to get on the list, get better and start doing well at tournies. Thoughts?
Get me some practice and tell me my problems in matches cause the only info I been told is I have some trouble killing with my Falco.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm gonna go on record and agree with pretty much everything Tyser said. I've only been playing in tournies since the second Contagion while most of you guys have been playing for years. I've also been 15 for most of the time. However, I literally just turned 16 last Saturday and I'm getting a car soon, so I'll be able to make it to more stuff.

I'm gonna go ahead and start a troll power ranking:

1. Tyser
11. Mew3King
Rage

I started going to tourney's back in 08 but didn't get reconized till Sherman's and when I was hardcore trolling.

resTy

Smash Champion
@Rob: To be fair about the ranks, I just accounted for everyone's mains. Secondaries and random characters don't mean much to ranking since, well, it's not your main. And to be perfectly straight, whenever I play against you with MK, I purposely sacrifice damage to read your habits. Yulai knows all about it and can see your bad habits as clearly as I can but he never was good at execution so he can't punish. Anyways, bad habits time:

For one, every single time you miss a Bair (or just an aerial in general) or you space it terribly, you will throw Dsmash if your spacing was really bad and landed right next to them or you will throw Fsmash if your spacing was pretty bad but not horrendous. This happens far too often whenever I play against you and is one of the main reasons why you get grabbed and abused so easily whenever we play.

Secondly, you don't have good mix-up meaning you're very predictable and in a way where it can be punished with ease. For example, whenever you jump over me and go for Bair/Fair, I already know what you want to do because you did it probably 10-20 times throughout the match and don't ever try other things to throw me off. I usually end up perfect shielding one of those hits and CG you for about 30-40% because of this. Or in my MK's case, I'll just do a careless staled Dsmash so that you don't die and I can keep Dsmashing you the rest of the stock.

Thirdly, your impatience is noticeable when people are at high percent and when you come back after dying. You try to rush kills, which is okay if you're being somewhat safe about it, but usually you're too reckless and get killed or sacrifice big %. And I swear that at least 90% of the time you come back after you lose a stock, you walk over to the opponent and throw Dsmash even if you know there is a 0% success rate.

These are the three main things that I notice in your game that set you back. For some reason, nobody else punishes you for doing these things because nobody else in the area is patient enough to wait and think about the consequences of their actions. Out of state will tear you apart for such amateur habits though.

And to be real, your friends do not deserve those spots. They have never entered any tournaments other than Contagion, which isn't even worth mentioning because 1) that was the largest joke tournament Nebraska has ever witnessed, 2) there was literally zero competition and 3) it was a year ago, making it 99.9% irrelevant.

@ Blank: I agree to an extent. Devon would probably be the best OoS player in Nebraska if he got serious about it. Reason he's low is because of his inactivity and him losing very consistently to the Top 3. And probably just Trent, Rob and me plan on participating on OoS Brawl tournaments as far as I know.

@ Genie: Brawl- Ranking doesn't need to happen because it's an even bigger joke game than Brawl and has little to no competitiveness in the US, as well as the entire Earth. No competition means there isn't a need for it. And with those words said, here's a silly Minus Ranking since I'm as bored as normal.

1) Smeesh
2) Mexi
3) MegaRobMan
4) ShermanTheTank
5) Tyser

Last time I played against you, you had a lot of crappy habits but it's understandable because you aren't a competitive Smasher and probably don't understand some of the mindset involved in Smash maybe. It just looks that way sometimes when I watch you play at least. Anyways, here's some habits without much detail: too aggressive, bad spacing, predictable rolls and spotdodges, obvious intentions, lack of a mix-up game. That's what I see when I watch you or play against you.

None of this is meant to be personal by the way, Rob and Genie. I'm just keeping it real since you guys asked for it and hopefully it will make you evaluate your game and get better.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I literally just played the Lincoln kids except for Reed so I'll exclude him like I'll exclude Nick. I feel like Nate is #5 but smeesh is far ahead of him at #4. Andy is better than Dan but I'd want to watch him play Yulai because he's a smarter player, but he's gotten worse (Edit: As in Andy, not Yulai). Nate has improved a lot and surprised me a few times.

THuGz played 7 or so rounds against all 7 of us "Lincoln Smashers" so he could tell you from an unbiased view maybe. His MK looked good but none of these guys have seen an MK that abuses Brawl's MK abuse ability.

Now that I have my car back I'll be down to drive to Lincoln to play those dudes more often if you ever want to find out. However the 4:00 start time might get a few of them to come, but me beating up on them might not help, either.

And I am easily #1 in Brawl- but the rest of it is correct.

Edit #2. Wow I forgot about DarkYoshi, him and Nate are about tied but I'll give it to DarkYoshi based on tourney results...since Jarrell won contagion #1 and Nate got 4th, decent tie breaker. So #6.

As far as the cricisim, all valid, but a lot of "Friendly matches" are me figuring out what I'm even doing, ranges and what works, johns, etc... I'll re-read it tomorrow when I'm soberer.

resTy

Smash Champion
Having people who don't compete put on the list is pointless and holds no value towards the PR.
Those guys will not be put on the PR until they become an active part of the Brawl Community.
Playing amongst friends and getting input based on their performance against you and a random isn't enough to justify their proper skill level. When they play the best, they can be judged. In the mean time, they're just unranked players who are considered random.

EDIT: Mentioning the Contagion tournaments is meaningless, Rob.

Really think about it now. We had two or three competent competitive players. The other 10-12 were random Smashers who thought they were good but actually sucked hard. They were so bad that playing games with them didn't even need to be had. They should have just forfeit and make the tourney go faster. If I had gone to the second Contagion, an easy victory would have been had and having two wins on my belt from tournaments with little to no competition shouldn't even be considered wins.

I mean, I play for the competition. Winning is fun when it's with other good players. Playing with amateurs and winning doesn't cause the slightest ounce of satisfaction to me. This is what sets apart a real competitor and just another gamer.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Having people who don't compete put on the list is pointless and holds no value towards the PR.
Those guys will not be put on the PR until they become an active part of the Brawl Community
That's all that was necessary.

resTy

Smash Champion
Well, the Contagion thing was also necessary because you always bring it up as tho it's legit or something. I'm just telling you that it isn't.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol, ok I'll agree to that, but you shouldn't l33t rant about how they shouldn't go to tournaments, that's the only way to get better.

And getting a mushroom as a prize is worth the admission.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
@Rob: To be fair about the ranks, I just accounted for everyone's mains. Secondaries and random characters don't mean much to ranking since, well, it's not your main. And to be perfectly straight, whenever I play against you with MK, I purposely sacrifice damage to read your habits. Yulai knows all about it and can see your bad habits as clearly as I can but he never was good at execution so he can't punish. Anyways, bad habits time:

For one, every single time you miss a Bair (or just an aerial in general) or you space it terribly, you will throw Dsmash if your spacing was really bad and landed right next to them or you will throw Fsmash if your spacing was pretty bad but not horrendous. This happens far too often whenever I play against you and is one of the main reasons why you get grabbed and abused so easily whenever we play.

Secondly, you don't have good mix-up meaning you're very predictable and in a way where it can be punished with ease. For example, whenever you jump over me and go for Bair/Fair, I already know what you want to do because you did it probably 10-20 times throughout the match and don't ever try other things to throw me off. I usually end up perfect shielding one of those hits and CG you for about 30-40% because of this. Or in my MK's case, I'll just do a careless staled Dsmash so that you don't die and I can keep Dsmashing you the rest of the stock.

Thirdly, your impatience is noticeable when people are at high percent and when you come back after dying. You try to rush kills, which is okay if you're being somewhat safe about it, but usually you're too reckless and get killed or sacrifice big %. And I swear that at least 90% of the time you come back after you lose a stock, you walk over to the opponent and throw Dsmash even if you know there is a 0% success rate.

These are the three main things that I notice in your game that set you back. For some reason, nobody else punishes you for doing these things because nobody else in the area is patient enough to wait and think about the consequences of their actions. Out of state will tear you apart for such amateur habits though.

And to be real, your friends do not deserve those spots. They have never entered any tournaments other than Contagion, which isn't even worth mentioning because 1) that was the largest joke tournament Nebraska has ever witnessed, 2) there was literally zero competition and 3) it was a year ago, making it 99.9% irrelevant.

@ Blank: I agree to an extent. Devon would probably be the best OoS player in Nebraska if he got serious about it. Reason he's low is because of his inactivity and him losing very consistently to the Top 3. And probably just Trent, Rob and me plan on participating on OoS Brawl tournaments as far as I know.

@ Genie: Brawl- Ranking doesn't need to happen because it's an even bigger joke game than Brawl and has little to no competitiveness in the US, as well as the entire Earth. No competition means there isn't a need for it. And with those words said, here's a silly Minus Ranking since I'm as bored as normal.

1) Smeesh
2) Mexi
3) MegaRobMan
4) ShermanTheTank
5) Tyser

Last time I played against you, you had a lot of crappy habits but it's understandable because you aren't a competitive Smasher and probably don't understand some of the mindset involved in Smash maybe. It just looks that way sometimes when I watch you play at least. Anyways, here's some habits without much detail: too aggressive, bad spacing, predictable rolls and spotdodges, obvious intentions, lack of a mix-up game. That's what I see when I watch you or play against you.

None of this is meant to be personal by the way, Rob and Genie. I'm just keeping it real since you guys asked for it and hopefully it will make you evaluate your game and get better.
Thanks for the info, I keep it in mind next time otherwise I keep on with my sh*t talking ways.

resTy

Smash Champion
lol, ok I'll agree to that, but you shouldn't l33t rant about how they shouldn't go to tournaments, that's the only way to get better.
If they continued to go to tournaments and wanted to get better, then I wouldn't have said anything. Fact is that everyone who participated except a select few have quit competition completely so that's where I was coming from in the previous post. They were first and last timers who don't mean anything to the community. Entering tournies to get better is understandable, but 90% of those guys quit for life and that's where their uselessness comes into play. /elitist rant

Jayford

Smash Lord
If they continued to go to tournaments and wanted to get better, then I wouldn't have said anything. Fact is that everyone who participated except a select few have quit competition completely so that's where I was coming from in the previous post. They were first and last timers who don't mean anything to the community. Entering tournies to get better is understandable, but 90% of those guys quit for life and that's where their uselessness comes into play. /elitist rant
I kinda agree with Tyser on this one. It sounds harsh, but it's true.

resTy

Smash Champion
People always get the two twisted though.
Of course, in person, I would never say what I said in my post(s).
I'm too nice for those words to come out of my mouth :p.
/internet shield

resTy

Smash Champion
Austin talked with me about a PR so I was gonna post it.
This seemed like the only place where it would be fitting to discuss it.
But yeah, I wasn't originally gonna post and I failed hard. How expected...

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Dame desu~

Tyser should make a PR for Mario Party. I think we'll have the most feelings hurt there.

resTy

Smash Champion
Mario Party 4 Tyser Ranking:

1-3) Mexi
4-6) Majik, Smeesh then JBM
7-9) Everyone else

When it comes to individual skill in games, Mexi is the king of them all.
There is nobody in Nebraska who can reach his level of nerditude. Real talk.
He doesn't always win the actual game, but he wins 48/50 mini games almost every time.
Tony, Devon and Brice are good but they can't even compete with that bird, in all real.
Yeah, Mario Party is just ridiculous. It requires WAYYYY TOO MUCH SKILL!

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm gonna go on record and agree with pretty much everything Tyser said. I've only been playing in tournies since the second Contagion while most of you guys have been playing for years. I've also been 15 for most of the time. However, I literally just turned 16 last Saturday and I'm getting a car soon, so I'll be able to make it to more stuff.

I'm gonna go ahead and start a troll power ranking:

1. Tyser
2. Gamegenie (what's your longest posting streak)
11. Mew3King
About 5-6 but sooner or later i'm going for 22 post in a row.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
@PHTM: Were you the guy who was wrecking people with Kirby at the last Sherman's?

I would like people's opinions on the schedule for the tourney. Since we're starting late, we obviously won't have as much room for side tournies. Do we wanna start with doubles as usual, or skip them altogether, since only like 4-5 teams sign up every time?

I'm giving some serious consideration into excluding Brawl- in favor of Melee. It is, after all, the worst game in the universe that is somehow still fun (Minus that is). Thoughts?

§chizm

Smash Lord
@PHTM: Were you the guy who was wrecking people with Kirby at the last Sherman's?

I would like people's opinions on the schedule for the tourney. Since we're starting late, we obviously won't have as much room for side tournies. Do we wanna start with doubles as usual, or skip them altogether, since only like 4-5 teams sign up every time?

I'm giving some serious consideration into excluding Brawl- in favor of Melee. It is, after all, the worst game in the universe that is somehow still fun (Minus that is). Thoughts?
Just see what interest there is for doubles when people are there, it varies.
Also yes in favor of not playing Brawl-.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
All of Omaha except for Me/Tyser/Aura would be upset to know there won't be Brawl-, smeesh is just going to SLAST #2 basically due to a B- tournament. I'll enter/play but it's not to be taken seriously.

As far as doubles, whatever, Doubles are fun (in both Brawl and B- and Melee), but we could do Brawl, B- and Melee singles. Along with the 3233 games that we have said we are bringing and playing, like Tekken, SC2(both of them), TvC, KI, limp biscuit, etc, yaaknoz?

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
All of Omaha except for Me/Tyser/Aura would be upset to know there won't be Brawl-, smeesh is just going to SLAST #2 basically due to a B- tournament. I'll enter/play but it's not to be taken seriously.

As far as doubles, whatever, Doubles are fun (in both Brawl and B- and Melee), but we could do Brawl, B- and Melee singles. Along with the 3233 games that we have said we are bringing and playing, like Tekken, SC2(both of them), TvC, KI, limp biscuit, etc, yaaknoz?
I wouldn't be upset.

And has there ever been an Omaha monthly that didn't have doubles?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nick you don't play smash, remember?

I'd also like to comment on the Troll PR. I think that Tyser and GameGenie are obviously top 3, but Smeesh belongs at #1 after tonight. Also I'd like to say that I'm upset that I'm not even ranked.

Top Bottom