• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Those hairstyles don't really match what I was looking for, but thanks for the responses anyway. Maybe I'll see if I can get someone to make what I need later on.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Does anybody know what exactly determines whether or not a model's texture can be transparent? Peach's dress, marth's cape, and other stuff can be. Is there some sort of properties of these models that allow this?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
i thought that turning DK into a Kritter would be a crappy idea o.o

moar progress:
Instead of making a Kritter, could you make this King K. Rool instead? You could stick Peach's crown on his head and then vertex DK's tie into his cape.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
C.Ruel over DK ?
i should make it over Bowser no ?
I think he's saying that because your Kritter looks a lot like K. Rool, and the current K.Rool over Bowser is just really bad. It's just a green Bowser with a red shell and a stretched-to-hell jaw.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I think he's saying that because your Kritter looks a lot like K. Rool, and the current K.Rool over Bowser is just really bad. It's just a green Bowser with a red shell and a stretched-to-hell jaw.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. The face looks really good so far, and all you'd need to change would be one eye to make it bigger (for his eye tic) . I'm pretty sure a lot of people would rather have K. Rool over a generic Kritter anyways.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know what exactly determines whether or not a model's texture can be transparent? Peach's dress, marth's cape, and other stuff can be. Is there some sort of properties of these models that allow this?
i was wondering this myself.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. The face looks really good so far, and all you'd need to change would be one eye to make it bigger (for his eye tic) . I'm pretty sure a lot of people would rather have K. Rool over a generic Kritter anyways.
Not to mention his teeth, and you could no doubt get away with taking a cape from Marth. ;)

But the tail would be an issue.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I'm gonna fiddle around with the materials/shaders sometime later this month, and I'll let you know if I figure out how to give any texture a transparency.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
i know D:

i m making this so that you can remind the Kremlings that (may) return someday !
their last appareance was in 2008 (Mario Sluggers)

AND GET HYPE !
I EXPORTED ZELDA !!!!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
GW, I'm loving your Melee Bowser. It feels and looks exactly right. :]

And how IS Yoshi's Story doing?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Awesome Kremling! If somebody beats me to making K. Rool, I might just have to scratch him off of my poll. I was planning on trying to make Kaptain K. Rool over Dedede but DK looks awesome so far!

Alright, I finally got around to finishing Banjo and Kazooie! I now made Kazooie out of FLUDD, changed the hat he takes out for his taunt into a jiggy piece, and gave him jiggy final smash eyes.

If you want to try Kazooie out, just redownload my original submission here:

GameWatching

Smash Ace

Why everybody think that my Kritter is awesome ?
He is crappy :c

epic Kazooie btw,
think that you could give the right position to the puzzle piece ?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Why everybody think that my Kritter is awesome ?
He is crappy :c

epic Kazooie btw,
think that you could give the right position to the puzzle piece ?
You sure are the complete opposite of some of the other vertex editors; they say that their work is awesome when it's actually rather poor.

Regardless, one's garbage is another one's treasure.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Darkrai(Pokemon DPP) over Ganondorf

Finally, here's the winner of my poll over at my thread on KCMM, Darkrai! Other than some minor stretching in his hair, I'd say this one came out extremely well.

His only real problem right now is that his head reverts back to Ganondorf's during certain animations. I know this is fixable because I fixed Magus but it's been so long that I completely forgot how. If anybody can help me out with this I'll be sure to give you credit.

Battle Portrait and CSP included

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
... stop being so awesome

anyways you can just save the edited head at the other heads' (vertex groups) offsets, just like you did for the main head

his heads work just like using a morpher modifier to make multiple expressions for a character. Each head is exactly the same model, just with moved verticies, so you can use the same head for each expression. or you can even do a quick and dirty face shaping for some of his heads if you want a bit of expression, though i dont think that pokemon has many expressions.

otherways, people have somehow nulled his face from changing or something i guess

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Darkrai(Pokemon DPP) over Ganondorf

Finally, here's the winner of my poll over at my thread on KCMM, Darkrai! Other than some minor stretching in his hair, I'd say this one came out extremely well.

His only real problem right now is that his head reverts back to Ganondorf's during certain animations. I know this is fixable because I fixed Magus but it's been so long that I completely forgot how. If anybody can help me out with this I'll be sure to give you credit.

Battle Portrait and CSP included

I honestly did not see it as being possible, even for you, but you've proved me wrong!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
How many times is that now that I've proved people wrong about what is and isn't possible? :)

I've learned that almost nothing is impossible if you really put your mind to it. You just have to do a lot of experimenting and use different parts in ways that you wouldn't normally think of. I've always loved creating characters in video games. I remember spending countless hours creating characters in WWE: Day of Reckoning for the Gamecube (another game where creativity payed off in unexpected ways). Honestly, once you learn the basics of how to use 3DS Max, I think that anybody is capable of creating some really amazing and interesting things.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
You make it sound really simple. Well, 3DS Max is definitely not the hardest program to use. Now that confounded exportation process...

Top Bottom