• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
When I saw Darkrai on your old poll, I didn't see how it would be possible. I thought that Ganondorf and Darkrai had too differently shaped bodies. But this works really well.

One reason why I like Darkrai more than most of the other options on the poll is because Ganondorf's moveset fits Darkrai, for the most part. At least he has a lot of dark elemental moves. That's the same reason why I want Delibird Climbers to happen.

Hey, what happens when Darkrai uses ftilt?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Well you've certainly blown the entirety of ganondorf costumes away in terms of creativity.

luckily enough for me, i'm gunna finish my karma pretty throughly and try some stuff people haven't done yet with vertextures, so there's that

Gengar84

Smash Hero
All of Darkrai's attacks seem to have the same hitboxes as Ganondorf. Whenever he uses a move like his FTilt (or any other move with his legs), it acts exactly the same as Ganondorf, only his legs are invisible (technically vertexed out but you get my point). I guess it can be a little confusing since you can't actually tell how far his range is but as long as you're used to playing as Ganondorf it isn't really a problem.

n64billy

Smash Ace
So I'm on holidays now......... I wonder if I could still pull off Deku Link....

EDIT: Gengar, just wanna let you know that you're my inspiration at the moment.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd never think of Darkrai being done on Ganondorf. After all, Darkrai's physical strength is much weaker than its special strength; 90 to 135 in the Pokemon RPGs.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
A few small updates on the Boss Pack.
Finally.

Due to certain restrictions, Bongo Bongo will not work like his OoT appearance per se; his moves will be the same in concept, but he, for example, won't be hitting the drum the entire battle. He can still be stunned during certain moves.

Phantoon will now use some aspects of his appearance from Other M, including the texture.

Golem Bowser's animations have been going slow. Because of his stance, his movement is very limited.

Also, this.

Huge props to Starwaffle for the super smexy model. I kinda wish he kept the hat on, but whatever.

I won't divulge anything about his moveset at the moment, other than this: if you can beat him on the highest difficulty, you are Jesus.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Now comes the slew of crazy questions regarding the boss pack. Will these be replacing bosses, or characters? Or will they be using the ARF (clone) engine? If they are going to be replacing bosses, than how do you psa bosses? (I know that belongs in a different section but figured I' d mention it) FInally, in regards to the stages, are they obj imports, or are they built out of stage builder blocks, or retextures of other stages?

EDIT: OR, as a final guess, are the bosses actually parts of the stages themselves?

Roo525

Smash Ace

"I cant wait to go get drunk!!"

Since nobody will know who this is, I might have no reason to finish it. :c

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Will they still be playable? There aren't any giant, slow characters for download out there, so..
They are all playable. Most are big, but a few... well, aren't. Oddly enough, the pseudo-final boss (the one I showed above) is the smallest.

Now comes the slew of crazy questions regarding the boss pack. Will these be replacing bosses, or characters? Or will they be using the ARF (clone) engine? If they are going to be replacing bosses, than how do you psa bosses? (I know that belongs in a different section but figured I' d mention it) FInally, in regards to the stages, are they obj imports, or are they built out of stage builder blocks, or retextures of other stages?

EDIT: OR, as a final guess, are the bosses actually parts of the stages themselves?
Now that you mention it, the idea for the pack came around when I thought about combining a character moveset and stage animations. I didn't end up using it, and I'm sure this will go better.

The bosses are over regular characters, but none of them will function that way. Majora and maybe Phantoon will be pretty close to it, though.

Lastly, they will all have their own stage built mostly from scratch, based on their original/most famous appearance (like Bongo Bongo's drum or the remains of Ganondorf's tower). None will be just textures.

I don't see how that's a reason not to finish it. I, for one, download something if it looks cool. And, honestly, I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
None, this is a complete vertex hack. >_>
It's going to stay on ness.

Have you SEEN the amount of touhou hacks on peach? All done by my friend Dao. :3
Ya, I've seen them.
I use them, too. Problem is that I no longer have enough slots.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Uh oh...

Thats supposed to be suika's horns. Should patching the model help with this? And If so, how do I patch a model? ^-^U

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yes, if you exported it right the first time. likely you only need to patch once after the initial export too.

ive used mariokart64's script + morpher modifier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXeXMmzlsk) if you go this way, the vid tells you how to do patching (even if it takes forever to explain how)

once you get the hang of exporting vertex mods, and understand the process in simpler terms, it becomes much easier

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
suika

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff win.

I'm making something at the moment but I have nothing to show right now.

EDIT: Seriously, Aafyre, GameWatching, how the HECK do you make people's faces look so much like other faces. This is mindblowingly difficult.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Was that made out of his backpack?
Because one of the parts on his backpack won't vertex, I usually just polygon delete it. :p
Which part, the straps? The horns are made from them. :(
Are you sure they cant be vertexed? I obviously dont want to remove them.

yes, if you exported it right the first time. likely you only need to patch once after the initial export too.

ive used mariokart64's script + morpher modifier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXeXMmzlsk) if you go this way, the vid tells you how to do patching (even if it takes forever to explain how)

once you get the hang of exporting vertex mods, and understand the process in simpler terms, it becomes much easier
The link in the video description is broken. Is there somewhere else I can get it?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Quick question. How do I change the materials of something to make it metallic or cel-shaded?

On a related note, I made some Jigglypuff hats.

The TF2 Soldier hats turned out pretty badly, but that May's Bandanna looks okay IMO.

Top Bottom