• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I think you're referring to the textures which were done with the reflection maps on samus, sonic, and captain falcon. if you make some of the map solid white, that area will be entirely reflective, or "cell shaded" as people used it.

really, the cellshading effect is just from the huge highlight

also, jigg's sleepcap is special. if any other jiggly texture is over the sleepcap, it freezes on that slot. if any sleepcap texture (which is commonly replaced with imported hat models) is anywhere besides on the sleepcap, those slots freeze.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Tomo, I think you should vertex out Jigg's puff of hair for at least the Soldier Hat.. And give it a shot for Mays Bandana... Not sure how the bandana will look, but it will definitely help the Soldier texture.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Looking good so far, although, what is the pink triangle near her belt? Also, the ear textures seem really off from melee's zelda ears. They might also be slightly too large. Other than that it looks fantastic so far.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew how to do something. I really want to make Goombella (from Paper Mario 2) over Jigglypuff but I hear her textures are too simple to be able to accurately make her (like the lighter part where her legs would be). I'm pretty sure I've seen some members of the DasDonkey team work around this to make some Kirby textures so I was wondering how exactly to do that. If you guys don't know, it's alright and I'll still try the best that I can to make it look decent. Thanks very much.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I'm not sure because I didn't try it, but this works for stages:

You can replace textures for higher resolution ones as long as they're, like, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, always doubling.

This might help, but keep a backup just in case the filesize gets too big and freeze.

Also, try texturing it normally anyway because "just because u heard it is, doesn't mean it is in fact". Experiment it first, you might manage to do it without problems.

EDIT:

Any animator interested in helping me animating Chaos?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yeah jiggs original body texture is the smallest possible, so i'd replace it with a larger texture. the texture for jiggs body is also applied to its feet and hands, likely because of really simple uv mapping. if you can edit the uv map (mariokart64n delved a bit into it in one video) that'd really help you.

also, the face doesn't mirror, making eye area textures even more difficult.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew how to do something. I really want to make Goombella (from Paper Mario 2) over Jigglypuff but I hear her textures are too simple to be able to accurately make her (like the lighter part where her legs would be). I'm pretty sure I've seen some members of the DasDonkey team work around this to make some Kirby textures so I was wondering how exactly to do that. If you guys don't know, it's alright and I'll still try the best that I can to make it look decent. Thanks very much.
After looking at Jiggly's textures, I honestly don't think that would go very well. Even if you resize the body texture, as mentioned already, it maps to her arms and feet too. If you really went gung-ho on it, it might work, but I wouldn't have high hopes for good quality.

Then again, judging on what you've already done, I still wouldn't be surprised if you pulled it off.

Also, Vivian.

Any animator interested in helping me animating Chaos
Depends on who Chaos is.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
k, i took a look into jigg's uv stuff

thats the body map, you can pretty easily tell the parts of the body, except what appears to be feet is just a small part of the whole.

(the majority of) those highlighted uv points are the arm and feet uv stuff, which was moved since it essentially covered the whole body anyways.

using mariokart64n's script, you can at least import the uv points and edit them like vertex groups, but unless we can edit the uv points from the unwrap uv editor, it'd pretty hard to know which points belonged to the feet and hands, since the points are all on the same plane.

the vid's kinda old though, he might have implemented unwrap uv editing perfectly by now in his script:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2n6uFhd5b0

so all we gotta do is move the uv points for the feet/hands to its own section of the map, and we can make jiggs much more easily editable.

EDIT: and it appears jigg's swirl and back are mapped to the very corners of the map (as like a single point or something)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
also, jigg's sleepcap is special. if any other jiggly texture is over the sleepcap, it freezes on that slot. if any sleepcap texture (which is commonly replaced with imported hat models) is anywhere besides on the sleepcap, those slots freeze.
The first statement is true. The second statement is false; the Sleep Hat Jigglypuff does work on the other color slots, but the hat will not appear at all.

I know, because one of my failed textures involved modifying Jigglypuff's Sleep Cap to resemble the Bomb Kirby cap. I tried to replace Jigglypuff's blue color slot with that texture; the texture worked without any crashes, but the hat was not present at all.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I know, because one of my failed textures involved modifying Jigglypuff's Sleep Cap to resemble the Bomb Kirby cap. I tried to replace Jigglypuff's blue color slot with that texture; the texture worked without any crashes, but the hat was not present at all.
This. I tried making crown Jigglypuff from Melee and tried putting it over the trainer cap slot. Nothing showed up. I keep thinking that if it had the same bones as RTB's caps, it would work. It obviously didn't.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
it wasn't easy at all !!!

and i still need to add the expressions :c
and fix the eyes D:
It looks good, I'm gonna be a pain in the *** and pinpoint a few things, try to emulate these as best you can maybe?

Of course you know the eyes need to be fixed, the bottom things are her shirt, see how it's baggy? the rest kinda speaks for itself, sorry just trying to help make it look good

One other thing is here hair strands on the side, they're longer and curl more like in this picture(the Zelda all the way to the right):

http://media.photobucket.com/image/zelda%20melee/shinfurevindo/Character%20Wallpapers/Zelda%20Characters/Zelda.png

(Too big for a post so i just made a link to it)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Ya if someone could change jigglypuffs uv map thing, i already have a wigglytuff model waiting around.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Thank god that you're gonna fix the eyes.
She looks ******** lol

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
br3compactor, base the Chaos wait animation off of Garados(sp?) wait animation of M22K's stage that has garados in the background in the water. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I dunno. Mewtwo and Ganondorf looked pretty good.
As far as I've seen, those are the only Melee hacks that are the least creepy. Of course, the Mewtwo hack does affect Lucario's animations and moveset in a negative way for some moves; illogical head positions, u-smash doing no damage, and the pummel move after grabbing does no damage either.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Oh yeah, I forgot about those. He couldn't get the neck looking good so he had to disable a bone.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
As far as I've seen, those are the only Melee hacks that are the least creepy. Of course, the Mewtwo hack does affect Lucario's animations and moveset in a negative way for some moves; illogical head positions, u-smash doing no damage, and the pummel move after grabbing does no damage either.
The recent update by KTH to Melee Fox looks pretty good I'd have to say. Melee Falco is also decent too. But yeah, Ganondorf and Mewtwo fit very well.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
GameWatching, the vertex on zelda is great, the face texture could use a bit of fixing up in my opinion, such as the nose/nostril texture, the eyes, and maybe the lips. Another thing is that you renamed so many bones, the texture isn't even useable to play with. You can't grab someone at all, usmash barely hits, upB graphics spin around wildly, all graphics are off, most hitboxes are off. It is nice to look at the vertex/texture though.

ds22

Smash Lord
GameWatching, the vertex on zelda is great, the face texture could use a bit of fixing up in my opinion, such as the nose/nostril texture, the eyes, and maybe the lips. Another thing is that you renamed so many bones, the texture isn't even useable to play with. You can't grab someone at all, usmash barely hits, upB graphics spin around wildly, all graphics are off, most hitboxes are off. It is nice to look at the vertex/texture though.
Just revert the renamed bones back.
The only noticeable thing when doing that is that the dress is shorter.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
i renamed bones cause the dress show'd really mess'd up after exporting...
i may release a fix'd version with less glitchs soon

Top Bottom