• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

Violence

Smash Lord
I practice regularly against comps now...

Thinking about how most of the players I know of would react...

There was a moment I was playing against a Lv 9 Doc and I di'd the wrong way after a dthrow uair, got a flash of Dajuan nailing me with a fair.

Brandon ****** my grapple recovery if I don't space it and time it differently every time.

Phil tipper fsmashing me out of **** nowhere.

Justin hitting me with about 40 fairs in a row.

Jeff hitting me with 4 knees.

God, I miss Norcal. Came home for a weekend and played around 20-24 hours of Melee and I still felt like I could play a lot more after I left. Melee has never really been about the competition, and I've never had the ambition to be the best, but every time I play, I try to take away something new and learn something to get at least a little less bad.

I don't really understand what everyone's talking about. The lack of a scene? Aren't you posting in a thread for a tournament that had like 35+ people and 13 setups?

People lose their motivation to get better. It's a natural thing, especially with a game as old and deep as Melee. As people play more, they improve less, and improvement becomes less of a goal. It happens. The way to get around that is just to attract new blood into the scene and make sure they feel welcome and that they enjoy themselves. Remember what I said about the tournament with 35 people and 13 setups?

But honestly, guys, being up here really puts things in perspective. Norcal still has a great melee scene full of great melee players and great people in general. Maybe you guys think that the scene has problems, or it's not doing so well lately, but from up here, it looks fine to me.

Lookin forward to seeing and playing you all at Gen2.

It's getting cold so I'ma throw another moose on the fire and stop talking.

Shroomed

Smash Master
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

zac i love you now

L__

Smash Master
I'm pleading out to the ones that are around my level or better

would you be so kind as to sit down with me and play lot of serious sets in a row with me?

preferably the more analytical players so I can talk to them about the matches

looking forward to the tournament :)

Shroomed

Smash Master
i'll play u a bit alvin with my **** sheik

i can only make this for teams got FRAT stuff to do

alan let's win

L__

Smash Master
um sure

so let's just gonna guess who's gonna be dq'd from teams for tardiness

Shroomed

Smash Master
no you have to stay for singles so i can embarrass you by destroying you.
bro u shud be happy cuz now you have a chance at winning lol

and im gonna be on time for this alvin cuz now teams is the only way i can win sum $$$$

if im on time for teams lets start singles early :)

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
those who have setups-- cubes, tvs, powerstrips, etc please bring them. don't want people assuming what they have isn't needed just b/c we had enough last time

bro u shud be happy cuz now you have a chance at winning lol

and im gonna be on time for this alvin cuz now teams is the only way i can win sum $$$$

if im on time for teams lets start singles early :)
let's not get ahead of ourselves

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I wanna bring a setup. That $3 fee is bad for my wallet.

Top Bottom