• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

L__

Smash Master
1 shroomed
2 lord
3 lunin
4 sfat
5 phil
5 L
7 scar
7 hydrokirby
9 kizzo
9 pocky
9 nhat
9 tafokints
13 mackadotious
13 alan
13 homemadewaffles

actually

just go look at the bracket image

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
talked to the store owner/manager again and they were pleased w/how the event turned out and are open to making this a regular event (even said they would promote it on their website). so give me some dates

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
talked to the store owner/manager again and they were pleased w/how the event turned out and are open to making this a regular event (even said they would promote it on their website). so give me some dates
That's really good to hear (that they were pleased).

Who is usually responsible for recording matches at the SF tournaments? It would be cool to have these matches recorded next time.

Zoap

Smash Master
Joe I don't know if your high or if you really believe the things you say.

gee miles, i'd be impressed if i didn't do the exact same thing like two weeks ago =P (lightweight trolling)
You got 2nd in a tournament that consisted of Rusty DP, High Brandon, Alan, Sheridan and Dajuan. How is that even close to getting second to Brandon, SFAT, Rey, Rusty Phil, Sheridan, Alan etc.

i'm not impressed by all the confidence in norcal

where are all the results at? how'd norcal do at pound?
it's easy as **** to say that "X region = the best"
Really?! Are you aware that there was all of 4(if you count Tafokints) norcal at Pound? Funny that out of those 4 players only 1 of which is Top 10 in our region is the one who got out of pools. Sheridan beat Over Triforce while only losing to Colbol/M2k/Lovage pretty sure that's not horrible. Maybe I missed something but considering who was there we didn't do horrible.

norcal is DEEP but norcal is also RUSTY!!! at least from what i've seen.

socal is deep, and socal has a lot of new players who are all improving fast.
Socal is also one of the only regions who can even compare their skill to ours. Lets face it if we had a tournament/smashfest every week, we would be right there with them. Socal has more motivation in the lower ranks but their top 3 are just as lazy and unmotivated as our top 3.

(i mean, bizzarroflame? really? i know i wasn't there or anything, but i saw the matches vs falcomist, and i was not impressed. how are you gonna let a legend like jeff go down in flames like that? nothing against him of course, but acting like bizarroflame/lord are NOW FAMOUS because of SEVERAL GOOD WINS AT A LOCAL is pretty ridiculous. and on top of that, it was just one tournament? where's the consistency at? and/or more importantly, what's it show about the community that attendance from these players is so shoddy?)
Pretty sure bizzarro has played and beat quite a few socal/norcal people on top of it. He is by no means a no one who came out of nowhere. Not to mention he practices with Choknater and Socal occasionally. Also when was the last time Jeff probably practiced, unlike Deep Norcal the bay rarely practices.

As to lord, pretty sure he has been here since 06-07 and rapidly improving. The south bay has skimp on tournaments and despite that he still finds a way to practice/improve. It seems to me your more angry that he was able to hang with our best without any real reason, so instead you blame it on the inconsistent players. How bout you give some props, he obviously put in work, as I'm positive that someone who didn't couldn't hang with Zac/Rey/Dajuan. Also, as far as I'm aware Bizzaro lives in Fresno, 150 miles from bay tournaments, do you really expect him to be at every local? Lord on the other hand is out of the loop, very rarely visiting the boards and probably not having the means to get to the bay consistently anyways.

i've known that lord's hella good, i played him/nemesis like a year and a half ago
but how you gonna let someone just come out of NOWHERE and tear **** up at your tournament??
from the results it looks like dajuan's about the ONLY consistent player in all of norcal
Pretty sure lord didn't come out of nowhere, you don't come out of nowhere and do what he did. And you talk about using one tournament to give hype but then render your decision on consistency the same way(Pretty inconsistent if you ask me). Dajuan is just the most consistent in the region. Pretty sure Zac, Jeff, Rey(when he is playing), Lucien(when he is playing), Justin(when he is playing), Mitchell(when he is playing), Brandon, Scar, Phil and Sheridan to mention a few consistent names. If anything the only reason the region looks inconsistent is because our players are constantly getting better and reaching each others levels.

for real though
i'm tryna light a fire up under everyone's **ses

(joe again)
Thats all well and good, but no need to put people on blast when you yourself struggle with tournament consistency.

To conclude I'll use your quote:

on blast!!

lmao
/no salt

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Um Peter, can you go to a tournament and give me my ds back.

I'd really like to play pokemon...

Zoap

Smash Master
I guess but I'm enjoying using the extra games and the AR lol. Where did you buy the AR, its pretty useful for checking IV's, cloning and such.

~~X~~

Smash Cadet
1 shroomed
2 lord
3 lunin
4 sfat
5 phil
5 L
7 scar
7 hydrokirby
9 kizzo
9 pocky
9 nhat
9 tafokints
13 mackadotious
13 alan
13 homemadewaffles
13 theshadowsword7 =D

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
Results!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Singles
1: DJ Pauly GG ($114.00)
2: Lord ($57.00)
3: Rey ($19.00)
4: SFAT
5: Phil
5: L
7: Scar
7: Hydro Kirby
9: nhat
9: tafokints
9: Pocky
9: Kizzo
13: Alan
13: Mackadotious
13: theshadowsword7
13: Waka Flocka Flame
17: sheen
17: Sparky
17: Andy
17: Gnasher
17: Sun
17: MC Bomber
17: Sheridan
17: Cory
25: Ryan
25: MilesIRL
25: Niro
25: EN814
25: Kimception
25: Gordon
25: frijbits
25: a single ant
33: groovy green hat
33: bobbysiege
33: MS
33: Colin
33: bonbonlemon
33: Jesse
33: aaron wong
33: George
33: Pat
33: David
Doubles
1: Scar/SFAT ($69.00)
2: Phil/Brandon ($34.50)
3: Sheridan/Tafokints ($11.50)
4: Mackadotious/Bluefox
5: Team Nhat
5: Lord/Nemesis
7: Ooshii/Eban
7: HydroKirby/L__
9: Team Code
9: Alan/Dajuan
9: Aaron/EJ
9: Samsonite/Shen
13: Sun/Andy
13: Lactating Phallus
again thank you for everyone who showed up

next one might be the 2nd or the 9th depends

EDIT: DAM SON!! mccains post faded right under mine

smashboards turning into facebook

MacD

Banned via Administration
YO WTF, am i not allowed to change MY tag/smashname?
it's against the rules to have alt accounts

the only way to change your name is pay the like 5 bucks for premium (12 for a year)

if you really are gonna poor john your way out of this one, you'd have to ask a mod to ban your main then make your alt

though, with the piece of **** name you just picked, i think we can all agree it's a good thing it got banned

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I love Peter.

Dajuan sucks.

Joe's on his bratty Socal phase (it always happens when he goes back to socal), so I wouldn't take what he said too seriously. I mean it's not like I do anything for the Norcal community right, I should step it up! Plus me agreeing with Alan's post wasn't a joke, he spoke the straight truth.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I love Peter.

Dajuan sucks.

Joe's on his bratty Socal phase (it always happens when he goes back to socal), so I wouldn't take what he said too seriously. I mean it's not like I do anything for the Norcal community right, I should step it up! Plus me agreeing with Alan's post wasn't a joke, he spoke the straight truth.
Omg me and sheridan are besties now! <3

In other news, apparently me and Dajuan got 9th without playing. Y u mad Tho?

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
When dajuan told me his new account name in person, I had to ask him to repeat it like 4 times, I could not believe he was serious. I wasnt sure is he was high or if I was, because it was the dumbest name I have ever heard, but he was soo excited about it.

joeplicate

Smash Master
didn't joe actually lose to peter not that long ago
why yes

yes he did

at one of those ownapaloozas methinks
yah

paragon of inconsistency

get your own house in order first
MMMMMMonster Kill!
Ownage!
wowowowwww

my feelings

are SOOOOOOOO HURT

:(

i'm glad everyone's hella mad

blow me

now i gotta play the "MM SCRUB?!??" card
(peter, kevin, tafo)

i still think the exact same things
it's pathetic that the norcal community is as inactive as it is

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
haha joe, you know it isn't anything but <3 from us.

Anyway, after my teaching gig is over, I'll be more than happy to visit Santa Cruz to play.

joeplicate

Smash Master
yeah, i'm not actually mad at all

peter, i think that you reacted in that way because you thought that i was using my "super cool #2 tournament win behind dajuan" to fuel some kind of argument that i am better than everyone in norcal, including lord

that's not the case though, and i apologize for not being clearer. i don't have salt against any smasher in particular, and i want to keep it that way :) (including bizz, lord, etc. everyone, really)

i was proud of that tournament, and i feel like i had some good wins, but i'm not obviously THAT proud. i know full well that i'm not some fantastic player or anything by any means, hahaha. anyone who knows me/who i've talked to about this matter knows (or i hope they know)

that i'm basically the least self-centered person in the world, and i wouldn't try to be egotistical about anything. i actually think arguments like that are funny (like me ****** cuz of that one tournament), precisely because they're so wrong!! so if you/whoever didn't pick up on my sarcasm, i'm sorry for not making it clearer. i tried to qualify it with a (leightweight trolling), but i can see how that wouldn't work out. (in fact, i think a lot of self-centeredness/confidence/whatever you want to call it is one of my main personality defects :p)

i think that, even if i am an inconsistent player, i can still talk about the inconsistency of a region, because i think they're two different things, but that's neither here nor there.

everybody knows i've got nothing but love for the smash community. i just think that it's slightly a shame that smash (the game) doesn't play a much larger part in the norcal smash community, that we're not doing as much to foster a love of the game in our newer competitors. instead it seems like we're fostering a mentality of "oh, that's nice that you want to improve, real nice" like paternalism almost. but the problem i see in this (the problem i'm perceiving, anyways) is that it lends like a sense of bemusement or idealism towards competition, or love of playing the game.

sheridan hit the nail on the head when he said that these feelings got brought up by being reintroduced to the socal melee community, but i don't think it's brattiness or anything that should be discounted or whatever. i travel back and forth pretty often, and i think it's fair to say i have a pretty accurate idea of both communities. dismissing socal for whatever reason--"they're different than us, they're younger and have more enthusiasm, whatever"--seems like the same dismissive attitude towards competition that's plaguing norcal right now. after all, how can you get enthusiastic over something if you're always being cynical towards it, or cracking jokes about it, or playing board games instead? (or whatever) there's an element of johnitude in here, i think, because it's easier to be amused than to care, at times.

"but there IS love in norcal! look at alvin, zac, etc!!"
well, that's nice, but i want more!!

and if the love IS there, i'll quote adam:
"Show, don't tell!"

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I feel like people mistake socializing for "I dont care about being better/I think this game sucks/insert other generic I dont care about this game argument." When in actuality, where else are you ever gonna find these people you've come to know and love all in the same place, while also having a full day to hang out with them?

I'll also quote Adam:
"Dont get it twisted!"

Top Bottom