• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
U have alts? U lose to my Roy with all of them with the exception of Shiek... BUT, even with ur shiek the match-up when we play is 50/50 LOL.
Is that strike freedom in your sig?

I think I can see the golden parts from stike freedom, but it kinda looks like the original freedom.

Or I could be totally wrong.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Is that strike freedom in your sig?

I think I can see the golden parts from stike freedom, but it kinda looks like the original freedom.

Or I could be totally wrong.
It is Strike Freedom just cut off =/ and I'm too lazy to change it xD.

Dajuan alts ... No comment *Troll post <3<3 Dajuan*

But seriously... Smash has kinda just died down for me lol. I mean people who see my post on facebook obviously know I've moved on to other things lol. I'll play casually but I rather do something else with my time now. Also <3 the Norcal smash community for being what it is lol.

Props to Lord for getting 2nd, he's always been one of the top *hidden* norcal players... Kind of like AznSpikes from San Francisco LOL.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
It is Strike Freedom just cut off =/ and I'm too lazy to change it xD.

Dajuan alts ... No comment *Troll post <3<3 Dajuan*

But seriously... Smash has kinda just died down for me lol. I mean people who see my post on facebook obviously know I've moved on to other things lol. I'll play casually but I rather do something else with my time now. Also <3 the Norcal smash community for being what it is lol.

Props to Lord for getting 2nd, he's always been one of the top *hidden* norcal players... Kind of like AznSpikes from San Francisco LOL.
You watched SEED/SEED Destiny?

I kinda wanna makeout with you now. You wanna makeout? I wont tell Kristine.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Dajuan you got lucky as **** you didn't get scraped when you used your alts on me.
αQ^ son

Joe, my point was that I took exception to me being called out as supposedly responsible for the lack of drive to improve in Norcal when I feel I do more work than most people for the scene, and the implication that I'm not 'serious' about improving.

Shroomed

Smash Master
nobody's on that pokemon status

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS

i jus want to be the best, no one else in norcal really cares about bein the best or even really good anymore

pockyD

Smash Legend
joe it's just that you've been pumped about mass improvement/consistency for mad long, but 3 years down the line you still come around and lose to one of the people who are pretty content where they're at and are just playing for the love of the game and the community.

i'm sure it sucks that nobody's playing for the same megacompetitive reasons you are, but i think it's time to accept that everyone plays the games for different reasons. the people who would respond to your goading by 'stepping it up' are the people who ALREADY are invested in improving. all you're doing is making yourself look like a ******* for not accepting that people want to do their own thing

oh well, this is probably going to get laughed off anyway, and most of the people who aren't in megaimprovement mode aren't bothered by being called out, but you seriously seem to make that same post 5-6x a year and then wonder why nothing's changed

responding to that sentiment by asking for a MM is pretty much proof (in da puddin?) that you don't understand

Walt

Smash Ace
I still wanna get better or at least play as well as I can and not hella terribly whenever I'm at tournaments. I'm always down to smash but the only people around that ever want to play are bob$ and trebor. Not that I don't like playing with them I just want some change you know. Oh well getting better, winning about 40% of the time against trebor now isn't awful.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
nobody's on that pokemon status

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS

i jus want to be the best, no one else in norcal really cares about bein the best or even really good anymore
***** don't make me and Alan repeat ourselves. I ain't got **** to prove to you!

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I tried to tell him over aim. There are people who no longer care about getting better, and are just content with where they are/how they place. There are people who ONLY care about getting better. Then there are people who want to get better, but apparently dont "show" it. I dont have to show not a damn person here that I want to get better. If I say I do, then believe me. If you dont, I sure as hell wont lose any sleep over it.

SUP BOO

Bob Money

Smash Ace
All the cool people like myself acquired girlfriend(s).

....no but seriously just got work,school,hobby johns.

Genesis i'll start playing like crazy, win.

but to quote Adam .."Da proof is in da puddin"

I tried calling Darrel this is how it went.

"Hey Dude you want to play Smash bros melee, so we can increase our mental and reactive skill in it?"

"Naw dude, I'm playing smash right now"

"But I want to do reaction drills!"

"I got **** to do"

"You're black"

*click*

joeplicate

Smash Master
joe it's just that you've been pumped about mass improvement/consistency for mad long, but 3 years down the line you still come around and lose to one of the people who are pretty content where they're at and are just playing for the love of the game and the community.

i'm sure it sucks that nobody's playing for the same megacompetitive reasons you are, but i think it's time to accept that everyone plays the games for different reasons. the people who would respond to your goading by 'stepping it up' are the people who ALREADY are invested in improving. all you're doing is making yourself look like a ******* for not accepting that people want to do their own thing

oh well, this is probably going to get laughed off anyway, and most of the people who aren't in megaimprovement mode aren't bothered by being called out, but you seriously seem to make that same post 5-6x a year and then wonder why nothing's changed

responding to that sentiment by asking for a MM is pretty much proof (in da puddin?) that you don't understand
i definitely have not been "always motivated" in terms of smash; on the contrary, the last year/year and a half i've gone through periods of not caring, not seeing the point in caring about smash, or thinking "man, this time would be much better spent working on school/hanging out with friends/doing other real life activities." it's been like a personal battle to weigh priorities in my life when my interest in smash is waning; i end up feeling bad/lame about still spending so much time on smashboards, or wasting time skimming through youtube videos when it feels like i don't even like the game anymore.

but the main thing is

i didn't want to ***** about it
looooool

i just figure that, honestly, nobody wants to hear about it. plus, i think it would be wack to project the attitude of "not caring" to other, younger competitors, or whatever.

rest assured, i go through phases of hating smash or not caring about it like everybody else; i think that you have a kind of skewed perspective of me as being a gung-ho kid like i was when i first moved here. in those days, yeah, i was super motivated, but i'm not a constant geyser of competition/enthusiasm like you're making me out to be.

the tournament where i lost to atma/peter was probably the worst i have ever felt about smash; i was tired from hardly sleeping all week (8am classes), and my mind was completely on school, on the other things i had to do, etc. i didn't really want to go to the tournament, but i went anyways, so whatever. my personal analysis on the matter is that i had a bad day, and i had a bad loss. i could explain all of the feelings i have behind this, but why should it matter?

why does having a bad loss preclude me from wanting a more motivated, close-knit community? i don't think i'm being hypocritical at all.

(what are you trying to prove by bringing up my loss to peter? is it that playing for simple enjoyment [or whatever he does] yields the same results as someone who plays with the intent to get better? if so, i'd look at every other tournament and compare my performance to his....)

i'm not a competitive person by nature, at all. instead of anger, the first emotions i'd resort to after a loss were resignment and feelings of worthlessness. i had to teach myself to loathe a lack of improvement to stay motivated and get better; i had to make smash my life to care about it enough. (now, it's a lot harder to do that because of "IRL" ****)

anyways, the lack in the norcal community that i've been talking about isn't even a lack of competitive spirit; it's equally about a lack of love/enthusiasm for smash itself, and it's a lack of unity as compared to socal. what example are we setting for the arcadians? even if (insert player here) isn't excited about smash, i still think it's lame to bring the mood down when there's another player who's really into it. all the subtle jabs, like jokes about fox/sheik/marth, saying "you don't have to do anything with this character except _____", or acting paternalistically, "Oh, tournaments? Been there, done that"...... they really rub off on people, and i think this general attitude is what's holding us back as a region. (it's also this lack of enthusiasm, i think, that stops people from driving a far ways for smashfests or whatever like socal does)

the very point that you assumed that my earlier post was motivated by "competitiveness" is proof in the pudding (god we need to stop doing that). it SHOULD be about the love/fun of the game, but this lack of enthusiasm isn't just a lack of competitive spirit, it's about a lack of enjoyment.

my feelings, anyways

if i post again then i'll do it in caps and real sentences and stuff

Zoap

Smash Master
Joe I didn't think you were using your 2nd to say what you said, I simply just thought what you said was unfounded/not well thought out and needed to be corrected. While there were some points that you brought up(about our lack of motivation) that hit the nail, others like on consistency and skill were out in left field. I know that in the end your intentions were good, but the way you went about it was just stupid. I harbor no ill feelings to you personally as quite simply you are one of the most enjoyable people to be around. Just don't make a dumb post like that again. Your post above this one is a much more acceptable :).

the tournament where i lost to atma/peter was probably the worst i have ever felt about smash; i was tired from hardly sleeping all week (8am classes), and my mind was completely on school, on the other things i had to do, etc.
No johns man I had 0 sleep that day :)

Having everyone thinking I play for ****s and giggles is quite amusing.

After reading all of this I want to play, but all you ****s live out in the boonies.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Why dont YOU try climbing the LoL solo que ladder.

HERP DERP IM TROLLIN IN RANKED HERP DERP

Walt

Smash Ace
.After reading all of this I want to play, but all you ****s live out in the boonies.
man give me a call me bobby and trebor just got done playing for like 4 hours and we've been dying to do some teams.

ur 1800 rating in lol

get out of here
in wow arena? is that still t1 weapon? I haven't played since mid season 8, come on dajuan I was like 2100 and that isn't even great.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Your story was both cool and believable, with only mild hints of trolling.

Y u mad tho?

Top Bottom