• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So, say that the light press code doesn't change for a while and the replays remain broken. Hypothetically, you fix all the major gameplay issues and you're nearing the release date for the patch/full game.

Would you release the game without functional replays, or would you delay the release in order to fully fix them?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I've been hearing a whole bunch of different answers lately. Will Melee texture packs be included in the final release or not?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Clone Engine Update

Got DK over Mario working without changing files.
Got Lucario over Mario working without changing files.
Got Pikachu over Mario working without changing files.

GFX Effects still not working 100% (Lucario and Pikachu GFX not working right)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Clone Engine Update

Which is why I wanted people to look into IDs (and how the game determines them since looking at them in a hex editor isn't of much help) of effect.pacs so they can have their own effect.pacs with their unique IDs.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301869

It "MIGHT" solve the problem if the clone's effect.pac and the host character's effect.pac are being read from the same place, like with Phantom Wings' generic Ike.rel.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Strange how the clone has no Shadow Ball.....

It's like the external graphics in the MiscDatas load, but not the Shadow Ball model....

Off-topic: PW made a sound bank code a while back to make a character load a different sound bank, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's about making sure the duplicate can work correctly without freezing and graphical errors before we put it over a "new" slot, regardless of whether or not the host character is present.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
It's about making sure the duplicate can work correctly without freezing and graphical errors before we put it over a "new" slot, regardless of whether or not the host character is present.
Can that "new" character slot be created yet? And does this mean, for example, Dant could get whatever Lucario PSA to work over Mario? Like the switch wouldn't cause any issues?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Umm.... it was... months ago when he was messing around with MarfJiggs and Roy that he was using the MarioDebug slot.

Yes, provided the .rel and other needed files (Character Models, motion file), etc. are in place.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Umm.... it was... months ago when he was messing around with MarfJiggs and Roy that he was using the MarioDebug slot.

Yes, provided the .rel and other needed files (Character Models, motion file), etc. are in place.
I'm not too well informed about the clone engine, which is why I'm asking all the questions, sorry :X.

And awesome, glad to see progress has been made.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
About replays... *reposts earlier post* Just a little inquiry...

Speaking of replays...
Not sure if this is at all possible - (heh, like most things I ask about) - but can replays be made to pause, rewind, fastfoward, and slow?
...well, obviously they can pause, lol.

Also...
Clone Engine Update

Actually, I think I was using Roy slot towards the end of that.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Instance_Slots

There are already slots for 7 extra characters.
Roy, Dantchu, Mewtwo
Awesome news man, and interesting stuff...

Seven slots... wow. Lol, I'm afraid Dantchu will be broken though :p. ...and I changed "color=black" to this in your quote - it hides better, lol.

Edit:
...and the thread goes quiet as it enters the dead hour... only morning will tell if my question(s) were heard...

Revven

FrankerZ
No, rewinding, fast forwarding, and etc. would not be possible because all the replay is a button format. You can't "rewind" button inputs as it's just that, buttons, there's no actual video. So any kind of "reversing" or "speed up" wouldn't work.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Well, you COULD rewind/FF button inputs, I just don't think it would be possible unless you were one of the actual game developers and fully understood the functionality of replays and could write in completely new replay codes :awesome:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
So, say that the light press code doesn't change for a while and the replays remain broken. Hypothetically, you fix all the major gameplay issues and you're nearing the release date for the patch/full game.

Would you release the game without functional replays, or would you delay the release in order to fully fix them?
If it truly would take an enormous amount of time to fix, I'd say that we'd probably just make the release with bugged replays. It isn't that big of a deal, people just have to record "melee style." IE: Record while playing.
I've been hearing a whole bunch of different answers lately. Will Melee texture packs be included in the final release or not?
No. The melee textures will remain optional.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Should the clone engine be completed, working, and bug-free, are Roy and Mewtwo the only characters you'd consider adding? The rest of the "fallen" characters were way too close to their clone to be included IMO. What about new project-M specific characters, or characters set for inclusion in Brawl but left out?

This is where I admit I'm a total ******* and crave playable Dixie Kong. FEEeed MeEEEe

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Probably Mewtwo (Pichu) and Roy.

They have a base from a previous game and players (like Taj, NEO, Sethlon and etc) that can jumpstart their improvements.

:phone:

mariodk

Smash Ace
Mario .rel i am waiting for and the .rel file can be over G&W :D or Olimar (already got my buggy psa ported dr. mario over ike over Olimar)
also if you port Dk. over like Olimar so we finnaly can get Shadow over anyone :D(my Shadow over DK. over XXXX) and GFX is fixed if using Shadow-Kong friendly Sonic PSAs
anyway nice job dantarion and if lucario is port we also can get lucario vs. mewtwo vs. as soon Sdo0m make it Kid Buu :D

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I SERIOUSLY doubt he will make/release a generic.rel of these characters until much, much, much later.

I await Dantchu in the future.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just wait later when that is an issue we can tackle. I'm sure that something in a few years will come along like the stage roster expansion code but for characters......

Smash Blue makes hiding things like this useless.

I wish the effect.pacs of the forgotten 7 were usable.... :(

leelue

Smash Lord
JC, at worst we could talk about character popularity. Things like how much complaining has been done about snake and lucas, or how much we love Ganon. People getting over the "link sucks" talk (generally)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Jcaesar, did y'all not record the D3 vids from the P:M tourney? I really wanted to see what shape D3 is in. It's a pity most everyone stuck with the melee hi tiers for that shindig.

:phone:

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's just goes to show you that people are going to play safe with the characters they are most familiar with.....

Kind of a shame though.

Can I get the full bracket to see if people were tier-whoring?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The game's not even out yet, and this was the first time playing for a lot of those people. It makes sense that they will use the characters that they already know how to play. They haven't had time to explore other characters, especially since they were using the full version which had characters that even we haven't tested yet.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
It's just goes to show you that people are going to play safe with the characters they are most familiar with.....

Kind of a shame though.
ya I agree its like Chinese food, You find something you like and are afraid to try anything else for the most part. When in fact theres actually tons of good dishes. But regardless it is a shame that more characters really aren't played but that is why I watch the different streams.

Anywho I have a question I know you guys said already that you want to try to get the game done asap but for 3 of the slots out of the 7 I think if you take into a vote other than Mewtwo Roy should be idk maybe some of the assist trophy characters that should have been playble from the start of brawl. The characters I'm leaning towards or would like to see in the slots would be Issac, Lyn, and possibly Saki.

I already know theres a vertex hack of Lyn over Link so I think that would be cool idk if it would work with the clone engine though but anywho heres the link on KC-MM.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=14153

again though its upto the devs what they want to do I just thought this would be cool because it would make up for the lack of a female represenative for FE series.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not his fault though. Some bones are... stubborn with vertices causing some to reject conformation, like Peach's hair.

Not to mention the vert edits aren't that advanced yet until we can mod normals.

Also, Lyn is right handed.

We can always use the AT model...... later.

Please leave the other slots alone for those who want to port characters to PM just for fun and not officially.....

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Kind of a shame though.

Can I get the full bracket to see if people were tier-whoring?
No bracket, but you can see who played who just by the matches on youtube. They're roughly in chronological order with Grand Finals as the last batch of uploads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom