• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Alabama Power Rankings: Image=protier

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I can sympathize with your distance situation. But this isn't FL. I was just making an example if someone from another state if they start going to others people tpurneys and win and they have a PR of they're own. EX: If Cam starts winning south FL tourneys (lets he goes to there monthlies, and 2 big FL tourneys) he should be considered to be on their PR? I really don't think so when he has his own PR in his state. He's just and oos player who just happens to come and do good at their tourneys.
The problem with your argument is that Cam would have a scene in his own area that he should be going to tournaments for. Given that Saint does -not- have that, he is clearly in a different situation. We're the closest area for him by far. State lines are a silly, arbitrary line to draw. It's just what community you consider yourself a part of.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
nah I don't want to merge anything

i just think a person who is consistently active in a particular region should be considered for that regions PR list.
if M2k decided to attend all Alabama tournaments from now on rather than any others, even if he travelled 1000 miles each time. I would argue that he should be considered for our PR as well

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ignore state lines, they suck. Just have area PRs.

Also, brawl players all suck at DI. I played Moogle and J00t in brawl at that Hville tournament, and they are the only people that have ever DI'ed out of my dair combos.

And Cam, I have a great venue if thats what you want to talk about. Be on facebook tonight at 7:30 to talk to me.
What direction do I DI? I have no clue.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What direction do I DI? I have no clue.
If Peach is falling on you, DI up. If she's clearly moving left or right, DI up and in the opposite direction of her movement. If you DI up at high percents, she should never be able to combo it into anything. :)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If Peach is falling on you, DI up. If she's clearly moving left or right, DI up and in the opposite direction of her movement. If you DI up at high percents, she should never be able to combo it into anything. :)
Except stand there and make your opponent look as if he/she is ******.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Well i dont see why not. its just like he said. Besides the maybe 10 smashers we can muscle up here our next closest smash seen is tallahassee(and by that i mean awal)we are like 5+hours from all the other FL smash scenes our location just sucks lol. pensacola closer to pretty much any AL tourney(and LA).

If he consistently attends and places well in AL i see why not?

I mean he beats everyone in AL except for like the top 3:)
Ya'll like me

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh, after the HASL tournament I began to develop great plans for Saintkai if we end up playing again :troll:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Kola's going MK. Gonna show us how to get the job done.

:phone:

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
its just the whole point of the thing.
im sorry but rag is honestly the only person making any sense to me.
there are tons of players with a distance problem. they all travel to states and do good but im teling you guys like ABSOLUTELY no one puts people not from their state on a state PR. its just tacky. and unproffesional. and alot more etc etc it just defeats the purpose

kevin says that a good player should get recognition and that kismet and big lou arent on our PR because they are already known in GA. well lets say that like aloha starts going to LA and placing top 5 i really really doubt theyd put him on PR just because he's not on ours. theyd be like "oh snap AL must be good"

reflex says that its ok because there is no active scene in his area. who has ever given a **** about that before? this sceneraio has happened hundreds of times in the brawl community and the melee one and no one makes exceptions.

its like rag said. he traveled all over the ****ing place and didnt get on the state PR's that he traveled to. i guess times have just changed since melee and we are all just whiny *****es now.

i mean it obviously is. also that ike player from GA did good at HASl
wanna PR him too?
oh yeah and xaltis beat me at BBC and since im an AL PR player and he is not on the GA PR he could be on ours guys! i mean he's obviously better than me and he is not getting noticed for it!

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
there are tons of players with a distance problem. they all travel to states and do good but im teling you guys like ABSOLUTELY no one puts people not from their state on a state PR. its just tacky. and unproffesional. and alot more etc etc it just defeats the purpose

kevin says that a good player should get recognition and that kismet and big lou arent on our PR because they are already known in GA. well lets say that like aloha starts going to LA and placing top 5 i really really doubt theyd put him on PR just because he's not on ours. theyd be like "oh snap AL must be good"

reflex says that its ok because there is no active scene in his area. who has ever given a **** about that before? this sceneraio has happened hundreds of times in the brawl community and the melee one and no one makes exceptions.

its like rag said. he traveled all over the ****ing place and didnt get on the state PR's that he traveled to. i guess times have just changed since melee and we are all just whiny *****es now.

wanna PR him too?
oh yeah and xaltis beat me at BBC and since im an AL PR player and he is not on the GA PR he could be on ours guys! i mean he's obviously better than me and he is not getting noticed for it!
Zatch has only gone to one AL tourney recently, as far as I know. And judging by the fact that you don't know his name, I'd guess I'm right.
Xaltis doesn't usually go to tournaments up here.

I've been to, what, 4 tournaments? And placed 7th, 5th, 1st, and 5th. I plan on going to more of them, too. The ONLY reason I missed BBC and the other tournaments since November was because I relied on Skater to give me a ride. I didn't get a car until the week of the Huntsville tournament. Now that I do, I'll have the ability to come to them.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It's funny that you bring up us being whiny *****es Slam, when you're doing a whole lot of whining yourself.

We have two separate issues here

Saint being added
and the possible thought of merging with Georgia

Hey guess what, even NC has a MD person on their PR. Whats good?

With Saint, I'm saying the guy basically is ours, and I don't know why everyone is raising hell about it and for gods sake it's a title. Same goes with Eggroll and d00de. Yeah it sucks he happens to be like an hour from our border and so far away from the active scene in his state that his only real chance at tournaments are from us, but Me and others are trying to think like a small community here. sheesh

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im not as aggrivated as i sound i just talk like that dude if you guys havent noticed by now.
im just talking about my knowledge of PR's and how its done.
its not about hat i dont want saint on it that bad i just feel like its polluting what a PR is.
but if you say NC has an OoSer on their PR then its cool.
as long as someone else does it then im cool with it.

and im aware that i sound whiny
and no one is raising hell, me and rag are the only people opposed.
also its not a whole lot of whining it was one post and i was just trying to make my points. i just dont do it with the same mannerisms as yall.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Oh, after the HASL tournament I began to develop great plans for Saintkai if we end up playing again :troll:
That trollface looks a lot like someone picked up Ice Climbers for the Ice Climbers match up.

That, or you figured my *** out. x)

Either way, looking forward to it. ;D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

wanna PR him too?
How does it defeat the purpose? Saint -only- goes to AL tournaments. When you look at the PR, first and foremost, it says, "If I went to a tournament with Alabama regulars, these are the people I'd have to watch out for." Saint doesn't go anywhere else, and he's apparently someone that people need to watch out for. BigLou and Kismet go to more Georgia tournaments than Alabama tournaments, so they count as GA, not AL. If Aloha stopped going to AL tournaments entirely (which would be stupid, in this case, since they exist closer to him than LA), then they would probably consider putting him on there, if only because he isn't a part of the AL community in that case (at least, not in the "regular" sense).

If that GA Ike player at HASL primarily went to AL tournaments and did well, I'd be all for considering him for the PR, but, he doesn't. Xaltis doesn't regularly go to AL tournaments, and attends FL tournaments significantly more often, so this point is moot. That is a horrible comparison.

As Kola said, North Carolina has out-of-state players on their PR. Actually, when I was PR material in Melee, I was given the choice to either be on the Mid-South (AL/AR/TN/MS, or something) PR or the Georgia PR. Everyone was okay with it either way. You are wrong about it never being the case, both in Melee and Brawl, and you're wrong about what "makes it tacky and unprofessional." No one else seems to mind but Rag and yourself.

im not as aggrivated as i sound i just talk like that dude if you guys havent noticed by now.
im just talking about my knowledge of PR's and how its done.
its not about hat i dont want saint on it that bad i just feel like its polluting what a PR is.
but if you say NC has an OoSer on their PR then its cool.
as long as someone else does it then im cool with it.
There is no clear-cut ruleset for making a PR. If the scene grows and people start talking about making it a Top 15 list, will you get upset? Why do we have to conform to arbitrary standards?

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
lol reflex i remember that werent they gonna but like 15 people on the melee PR? for the whole south?

Montgomery tourney will be hype

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Not to sure right now gotta wait until August. Im sure class will be in session by then.
Very good location For Pensacola players to enter this time around. Saint got all of his friends back into it and everyone is ready to play. Just looks like some good times this fall.

Edit:why no genesis?

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Not to sure right now gotta wait until August. Im sure class will be in session by then.
Very good location For Pensacola players to enter this time around. Saint got all of his friends back into it and everyone is ready to play. Just looks like some good times this fall.

Edit:why no genesis?
More like they were jelly that I got lucky and won a tournament. x)
But yeah, I got three friends really into Brawl.

...right as my brother sold the Wii.
I can't practice, wat do?

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
So I just watched some HASL vids. Saint~ why the hell do you chain grabs heavy like that? lol WHATEVER WORKS!!!
Well you see.
All colors have wavelengths that are diffused by nitrogen and oxygen in the atmosphere. Since blue has the shortest wavelength, it's diffused up to ten times more!

...Anyways, I learned it on Snake, then just kind of...was too lazy to learn a normal d-throw to d-throw on heavies. If they have a big frame like DK, Bowser, or D3 I f-throw to f-throw.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Avoid my matches Raf, they blew and I got owned lol. I've reviewed my pools match vs Will like 3 times, and it still shocks me how much I choked on recoveries that entire set.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
How does it defeat the purpose? Saint -only- goes to AL tournaments. When you look at the PR, first and foremost, it says, "If I went to a tournament with Alabama regulars, these are the people I'd have to watch out for." Saint doesn't go anywhere else, and he's apparently someone that people need to watch out for. BigLou and Kismet go to more Georgia tournaments than Alabama tournaments, so they count as GA, not AL. If Aloha stopped going to AL tournaments entirely (which would be stupid, in this case, since they exist closer to him than LA), then they would probably consider putting him on there, if only because he isn't a part of the AL community in that case (at least, not in the "regular" sense).

If that GA Ike player at HASL primarily went to AL tournaments and did well, I'd be all for considering him for the PR, but, he doesn't. Xaltis doesn't regularly go to AL tournaments, and attends FL tournaments significantly more often, so this point is moot. That is a horrible comparison.

As Kola said, North Carolina has out-of-state players on their PR. Actually, when I was PR material in Melee, I was given the choice to either be on the Mid-South (AL/AR/TN/MS, or something) PR or the Georgia PR. Everyone was okay with it either way. You are wrong about it never being the case, both in Melee and Brawl, and you're wrong about what "makes it tacky and unprofessional." No one else seems to mind but Rag and yourself.

There is no clear-cut ruleset for making a PR. If the scene grows and people start talking about making it a Top 15 list, will you get upset? Why do we have to conform to arbitrary standards?
Not just us, T1j opposed. Cam also, he just haven't really said anything else yet. If FL was split into too different regions then I would some what agree with this merger. But its not, he comes here cause its closer and that's what he can afford and i understand that. But just because of his circumstance(no disrespect Saint) you put him on the PR. If you wanta acknowledge his skill, then by all means do so. You just don't don't have to put him on AL's PR to do so. I agree, there's no clear-cut way to do a PR, at least an official way. But there are rules that aren't written down for things. But I don't run this, Kola and whoever else does and if that's what he or yall wanta do then do it. Before you do check the other states' Brawl PR and see if they merge with just a small part of a Big as@ state that already has a community. And IF you find one show me and I'll rest my case, but til then. I'm going to say what i got to say.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Honestly it's a community thing to me. I consider Saint part of our community. Therefore, he should be put on the AL PR.

Under me. I'm gonna waste his ***.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Not just us, T1j opposed. Cam also, he just haven't really said anything else yet. If FL was split into too different regions then I would some what agree with this merger. But its not, he comes here cause its closer and that's what he can afford and i understand that. But just because of his circumstance(no disrespect Saint) you put him on the PR. If you wanta acknowledge his skill, then by all means do so. You just don't don't have to put him on AL's PR to do so. I agree, there's no clear-cut way to do a PR, at least an official way. But there are rules that aren't written down for things. But I don't run this, Kola and whoever else does and if that's what he or yall wanta do then do it. Before you do check the other states' Brawl PR and see if they merge with just a small part of a Big as@ state that already has a community. And IF you find one show me and I'll rest my case, but til then. I'm going to say what i got to say.
All right I'll take you up on this. Give me like 5 minutes

Edit:

Indianna

As I've pointed out before NC has some MD players in their PR, despite MD/VA being a rather popular combined PR list.

New York [State] also has it's own PR list, but has a separate shared with New Jersey between New York City.

I'm sure there are some people being shared from Nevada as well.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD Well up until the past month or something, you had a few name changes lol. Don't worry though, I for one know who you are.

Plus, I see you as The Great Kazoo's little prodigy~

shaSLAM

Smash Lord

im not trying to be mean, like when kola came back at me with that "just tryin to be a good guy" thing thats not what its about. i respect that saint has circumstances and understand but i just have never seen anyone get special treatment like this before. i know theres no clear cut rules, but there are unspoken ones like rag said. like GA is opposed to some people being on their PR even though they go to GA tourneys alot. i forget which ones but i read alot of "because its the GEROGIA power rankings" in the thread.

and i dont understand why it makes that much of a difference if saint only goes to AL tourneys or not. that just means he isnt willing to travel if we are going by the same logic that gets applied to literally every other player.

also why is that MD/VA player on the NC PR anyways, do you know by any chance, reflex? if it's Mekos we're talking about i think he just has to stay in MD/VA over summer or something. kind of a similar case to Billy here. but if it's not then im curious who it is and why.

also why are you iffy about billy on our PR if you are for saint being on it? is it because you think he should be ranked in GA instead?
All right I'll take you up on this. Give me like 5 minutes

Edit:

Indianna

As I've pointed out before NC has some MD players in their PR, despite MD/VA being a rather popular combined PR list.

New York [State] also has it's own PR list, but has a separate shared with New Jersey between New York City.

I'm sure there are some people being shared from Nevada as well.

the MD/VA and NC thing is the only viable thing youve mentioned.
rag isnt talking about states merging or region lines being drawn weird.

if theres people being shared in nevada now would probably be the time to post that.

blah if anything change the title of this thread to Pcola/AL power rankings and lets just have a merge with those guys. i could kind of swallow it better in that case. id be alright with that for sure. but im not in charge so i cant like make demands or anything haha

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
We really shouldn't do a merger with anyone. There's almost no point to it.
This. Alabama is too pro for these other scrub states.

And If it comes down to it. I say we all have a vote for Saint's entrance to the AL PR. It'll be the simplest and fairest way to do it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
and then he goes on to say that he is for AL nbot merging
or maybe he just means not merging with GA and still letting you in lol

you probably think im such an *******, saint.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Nah man. x)
I just don't find logic in your argument is all. :D You're a decent dude.
lol @ decent.

I don't think we should merge with GA, but letting Saint in is different. We aren't merging with FL, we're saying we see someone who is in a bad location and actually wants to get better. We in AL know that it is easier for him to come to AL tournies then FL tournies and we should accept him into our PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom