• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
SEPTEMBER 10TH TOURNAMENT

MY BASEMENT IS JUST ABOUT ****ING TOTALED.

Thanks to the recent rainfall, my basement has been completely flooded. I'm talking a solid 1" of water chilling on the carpet in some places. The ENTIRE bottom floor is covered in water, including the bathroom and laundry room. If I had left my Wii on the carpet it would've been dead right about now.

GG guys. My basement is going to be out of commision for quite some time. This community is going to have to find another place to lather in feces for the time being.

UPDATES:

Guys, stop dwelling on the past. We were far too dependent on Sypher's anyway, we need to find a place where we can have real tournaments. Community centers, lodges, gyms, churches, college campuses, etc.

Also I think it would be great if we a had a tournament that was also a fundraiser for the smash documentary. So say the venue fee pays for the venue, and anything that goes over that would be a donation.
Ripped up the carpet today. We're getting tiles instead of a new carpet. On the plus side, I should have more space when stuff gets reorganized. Also possibly new furniture.

You all suck **** and regardless of the condition of my basement, I'm not going to host a single tournament until a new reliable venue is found and something is hosted there.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yea it rained pretty hard up here :O people were tubing down the road you take to get to syphers LOL

it was pretty epic rain

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah my parents **** totally flooded too. md/va houses are not made for this ****.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Can we do this at the place where Chillin was hosting stuff?

If Peepee is able to make it up I think we should do everything possible to hold something right?

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
lol nice joke wenbo

ohwait you weren't there

okay well the space we were given last time was too small and according to chillin the people that own the place didn't seem too into the whole HEY GUYS LET'S SMASH thing

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
If College Park managed to host something would you guys be up for driving up here? Chris said something about being able to get a room but this might be too short of a notice

Mahone

Smash Champion
I mean, if its a tournament, pp's not greedy, but he wants to at least make some of his gas money back lol

lemme know asap cuz we have to decide soon

CTL17

Smash Lord
I heard VA got hit pretty hard with flooding. Hope your basement doesn't take too long to repair, Max.
There's no way I can get a place in CP so suddenly; paperwork doesn't work that way. The only places I can think of are Wenbo's basement, and maybe Jow's house. Joe has a few friends living in the new Oakland dorm, and if we can get that place given short notice, it may work.

Bones0

Smash Legend
djafl;ksdjfl;aksdjf;klasdj gmkl;asjd;klf vjasdkl;j fgkl;asdjgkl;jdoigusdiopfguio;adrug io;aerjgio;hrovi hnpfjdguiohqwenk;dbuiopjk;aenfghuioaekrjg;iohj giohserio[gbna[eiodgjio'hafiop'ghjaer0]wtopgho[qri hio[gsehrio[gh io[earhgbio[wrhjgp]iqweh2ej90bh vxcba`hiaeo[

*sigh*

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Is your basement big enough to host a tournament at G-reg haha

What about the c3 venue?

Also our basement would maybe work but you guys would have to sit on our cold tile floor (our basement also flooded) and there are only 2 real outlets so we're rockin' mad extension cords

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Damn, that sucks Max. My old house flooded back in 2002 or some ****; it was no fun at all.

Well, at the very least MD/VA was spared the embarrassment of PP destroying our entire region lol.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
NO **** THAT I WANT TO HAVE PEEPEE HERE

If we have to Winston and I will host at our house ... it's like Max's basement minus all the chairs, cords, and setups with a cold tile floor at the moment <_< haha

Better than nothing though? Maybe?
We could get like maybe 6 setups going if we rearrange some stuff / get more extension cords

Bones0

Smash Legend
Not sure PP and Mahone want to drive 6 or so hours to go to a last-minute, 10-15 person smashfest with 6 setups...

Just being straight up. I was looking forward to PP coming more than anybody, but I'd rather he just come for a proper tournament in a few weeks or something. WTF do I know though, if he doesn't afraid of long drives then more power to him.

@Crimson
WTF do you mean "our" region, YOU TRAITOR! :c

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I guess that's fair
*Massive depression*

Also Bones what in the world happened to our No Johns trip

Bones0

Smash Legend
I guess that's fair
*Massive depression*

Also Bones what in the world happened to our No Johns trip
Ugh, so sorry about that. Since I didn't have internet, I told DJ like 5 times to post on Smashboards that I couldn't go (which he obviously just didn't feel was important enough; idk why he didn't go, but I'm guessing it's because he didn't have money) and then I got my cell phone taken and kicked out so I spent the night in my car in a parking lot with no way of contacting you the next day. :c

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well
That's an uhh
Interesting story
No harm done we just went anyways ~_~ haha

Well, slight harm done to my wallet but it was a fun tournament so I'm not too salty

I AM salty about getting mad bug bites from somewhere though <_<

Mahone

Smash Champion
Yo i can't come up every weekend pp feels like it so can we all just agree to go to wenbo's this weekend even if the venue sucks?

Lets get a confirmed list going!!!

Bring chairs and setups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well my housemates have nothing against it at least

Right now we have 3 full setups at our house, could probably fit 3 more comfortably (and maybe 5 if we're like super crunching / having people in my room / Winston's room)

Also need lots of chairs unless ya'll want to sit on the floor
Also extension cords if possible, we probably need a couple more to be stretch out the basement more
Maybe a couple tables, but you can put a tv on a chair just fine so whatever

My number is 240 838 1691 call me for address (I don't have a text plan so don't blow up my phone with texts please ~_~)

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
I'm back at school now and if you guys host an event I'll definitely be able to make it.

Top Bottom