• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to break this hardly relevant arguement about the worst consoles (wtf?), but I've come to notice that Yoshi is adapting to his 64 phase, again. This is mainly a good thing since that was his best iteration. Though I do admit that not everything is better in this version, just the best strategies overall. That being said (as a personal request from me to the PMBR), please don't get rid of the tail wag (brawl bair). Im exclusively talking about only the brawl version, because of the hitbox and the "keep away" approach of the move. 64 bair is good, but I like the tail wag better. I think it adds more character to yoshi, anyway.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
lol Yoshi's Smash 64 Bair. The only Bair from that game I approve of is Samus' <--This is getting added right?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You can't deny that each console (handheld excluded, as the GBA and DS are far too convenient to be considered bad) after the N64 only shows Nintendo's steady decline,
Sure I can. I'll do it right now, even. Stating your opinion using the sentence structure of a fact doesn't make it a fact. It's still an opinion, which can be argued or agreed with in accordance with other people's opinions. And the second half of your sentence which I didn't quote also contains several subjective and non-empirical statements.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
KB only, not animation.

For now all I can say is I'm working on some ideas for Samus, and I hope some of them prove worthwhile.

Edit: Ninja'd. My response was to Stunts.

BLARGG

Smash Rookie
KB only, not animation.

For now all I can say is I'm working on some ideas for Samus, and I hope some of them prove worthwhile.
What? No ridiculous overhead kick? That's pretty much the worst news I've heard today

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
It has been confirmed that the Wii U online service won't have friend codes, so Nintendo is certainly on the right track. It isn't general public knowledge exactly how good the online service will be, but at least one guy from EA said it's really good... so we'll just have to wait and see.

As for the graphical capabilities of the system, it's at least HD, and supposedly the developers' kit could outperform the PS3. Besides, since the best video game graphics haven't even reached the point of individual atom rendering instead of texturing (lol extremism), I see no point in worrying about Nintendo having the absolute best graphics for a long time. I mean, sure, Sony and Microsoft will soon come out with even more graphically advanced systems, but would that even matter for the next five years?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Stating your opinion using the sentence structure of a fact doesn't make it a fact. It's still an opinion, which can be argued or agreed with in accordance with other people's opinions.
Where in my posts did I not make this clear? I didn't imply in any way that my arguments were more valid than anyone else's, let alone push them as a fact. Me saying, "you can't deny [statement]", doesn't exactly mean that I believe I'm speaking facts. A statement like that can be easily argued against, dismantled, and definitely disproven; because I'm not stating my argument while implying vast superiority over the opposing person(s), it can be approached -- and I'd realized this beforehand. I treat each person's argument the same, which is finding viability in each statement unless there's a higher source of power proving otherwise.
And the second half of your sentence which I didn't quote also contains several subjective and non-empirical statements.
Really? A simple Google search would provide solid enough evidence backing up my statement comparing the accomplishments of Nintendo to other franchises -- speaking of which, were the base of my arguments. It's not a difficult task to gather a simple group of gamers for the purpose of figuring out which games (and by extent, consoles) are favored more than others. That kind of assumption is definitely verifiable.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Let us stay on topic, children.

And Samus Bair is actually an altered animation - her foot swings more vertically.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
How does MK being able to AD out of Shuttle Loop sound to anyone? It could be useful for platform shenanigans (combos) and recovery, both of which MK would love to have a bit of help with. (Not saying that MK's recovery or combo-ability is terrible, but giving SL more utility would be awesome).

BLARGG

Smash Rookie
Let us stay on topic, children.

And Samus Bair is actually an altered animation - her foot swings more vertically.
And now, it's suddenly the best news I've heard all day. I'm so easily excitable:awesome:

I haven't been on the streams this week, but how on earth could MK's SL be made more useful? That move was freaking ridiculous in brawl, in regard to recovery and attack. Was there a change made this week?

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Assuming that Zair moves are vital in P:M on stage, is it possible to code an auto L cancel?

D

Deleted member

Elaborate.

I hope you make her faster paced with a better short hop and cool physics. Also make her do cool combos and stuff.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
from all the experience that the majority of us have?

Taking a swing, ike 60-40 v DK, maybe worse. He can outspace, edgeguard (with almost everything) and DK has a hard time sweetspotting. He pretty much outmatches him in everything
I agree with this. I never played many DKs to begin with but whenever I did, I could just feel the advantage. Everything that was thrown out, I had an answer to almost immediately and then some.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
I know its honestly too soon in the metagame of an everchanging game to really get any matchup data, especially considering that there are different ways of playing each character, but does anyone have an opinion on Wolf v Marth?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
what do you think lucarios matchup is like against falco or fox? i wana say 50-50. He doesn't shine but he looks like he's almost unpunishable on sheild if he chooses the right cancels. and since fox and falco get comboed easily it may be in lucarios favor.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I do.

Marth does marth things to wolf and he gets ****ed up.

Wolf plays keep away because he can't press offence like fox and falco.

imo 60-40 in marth's favor.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The only really lopsided match-up i've seen from just watching streams was Zelda vs DK. I forget, but I think it was Bandit vs Jcaesar, but Zelda outprioritized everything DK did. Plus Dk large body = lightning kicks all day. Tis magic I say lol.

Dunno maybe i need to see Strong Bad's DK vs Zelda for a better sampling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom