• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

TANK64

Smash Lord
Marvel vs Capcom 3 is an X-men game.

Think I gave TANK the opportunity to cop-out and say he was trolling o_O
No.
I have nothing to "cop-out" of. I'm think of smash as a Mario game. I call it a Mario game. I have my reasons to call it a Mario game. You can't present me with any "proof" to prove me wrong. But the mind blowing question is, "why would you want to"?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Same reason why you call people crazy for not liking Conker's Bad Fur Day or coffee or Taylor Swift or whatever. Same reason why anybody corrects anyone on anything.

That'd be fine if you said that in the first place, but you attempt to argue back with your own reasoning so... don't be surprised people rebutted you lol

TANK64

Smash Lord
Attempt to argue back? You mean explain myself. And no, this isn't like a favorite food thing.

My STATS cannot be disproven BRO.

lol fail.

But I'll let you cop-out, and say you're trolling...

SK started this and doesn't want it to ever end lol. (Both for a reason unknown to me)

kys

Smash Ace
SSB is OBVIOUSLY a mario game, but not why tank says so. The title is "Super Smash Bros." which is pronounced 'Super Smash Brothers" by the announcer at the intro. Now, only two of the members of the cast are brothers. Who? That's right, Mario and Luigi. So clearly Mario and Luigi are the Super Smash Brothers, and the rest of the cast are challengers. Unfortunately, as always luigi severely underperforms in this game, causing the smash bros. to be defeated by a pair of rats.
So I wake up today, do a few things, have lunch, run some more errands, and what has happened? The Social Thread has blown up. As I scour the thread, I'm waiting waiting waiting for the definitive proof, the one thing that undeniably states that smash is a mario game. WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER CLUBBA! Lol, this was so obvious. Super Smash Brothers....I dunno like SUPER MARIO BROTHERS!!!

All these kids, I tell ya. The old and wise on smashboards know what's up.

But this is the stupidest argument ever, slightly ahead of MATTS!' rants about there being no tiers.

inb4dumbargumenttierlists.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I don't understand how Smash can be a MARIO game. Doesn't a MARIO game imply all MARIO-related characters?

I've been using a floppy DS Lite for years, quit *****in' :troll:
Here is my temporary fix:

That's basically just the bottom half of a floss-stick thingo, and the thin, pointy end curves under that main part there and keeps it in a good position. Works well enough, but I haven't found out a way stop gravity when it's held upside down :(

The Star King

Smash Hero
Attempt to argue back? You mean explain myself. And no, this isn't like a favorite food thing.

My STATS cannot be disproven BRO.

lol fail.

But I'll let you cop-out, and say you're trolling...

SK started this and doesn't want it to ever end lol. (Both for a reason unknown to me)
Uh, yeah, this isn't like a favorite food thing. That's exactly my point >_>

I didn't even think this was serious but apparently TANK thought so

Also I stopped like last page if you didn't notice but you people kept talking about it so yeah. You ain't any different from me TANK.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I only RESPOND. I haven't been just talking to you if you haven't noticed.

and I'm different from everyone.

I'm special.

@E-Kel, I wish. I just got done with a loooong *** day of class.

Now for... more hw... Until the unforeseeable future.

Battlecow

Play to Win
like 90 posts in social today WTF

OK I'll solve this argument though

Ballin4life's father, the man who raised the man who won Armageddon, once told me that "He [Young Justin] has all this new equipment but he just plays this MAIR-EE-OH brothas stuff these days."

Clearly a mario game.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
TANK, when do people from your side of the planet finish school?

my dad calls it a mario game, then proceeds to tease me about playing 'kids games'

:phone:

Yoshi_King64

Smash Rookie

In terms of N64 platformers, Banjo Kazooie > Majora's Mask > Banjo Tooie = Super Mario 64 = Donkey Kong 64 = Ocarina of Time = Rayman 2
< Gex 3 \o/

Conker's was ****ing funny, but as a game and nothing else it was kinda...spread all over the place

Rayman 2 and Smash bros are my two favorite N64 games and Conker is a close second

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Smart man.

I only respond too.
>Starts this discussion.
>Restarts it when if finally died.
>Says he only responds.

??? OK bro.

TANK, when do people from your side of the planet finish school?

my dad calls it a mario game, then proceeds to tease me about playing 'kids games'

:phone:
I never stop, but apparently peeps are on summer now. Kind of a bit in.

Hey Battlecow, long time.

TANK64

Smash Lord
This

Uh Smash 64 isn't even a contender for you favorite game TANK? Gross.
No it doesn't >________>
Then this (after in ended lol)

TANK is a pothead

A lovable pothead, but a pothead nonetheless

I feel like we all got trolled
Marvel vs Capcom 3 is an X-men game.

Think I gave TANK the opportunity to cop-out and say he was trolling o_O
Instigate much :p

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I was just denying restarting it :p. There were some posts about it within the last 10 posts before I "restarted" it so I didn't think of it as over

TANK64

Smash Lord
True

@Ballin', just finish my first week with crack3D Jack3D, and I will say this:

-feel significant energy increase while lifting, but not in general/before in a motivational way. (Besides that Beta-Alanine itchy skin crap) .... (which I kind of like now)... (wut).

-I can lift more for more sets. A measurable increase in stamina that I can only credit to the Jack.

All in all, meh. I expected a lot more, but the gains will probably still be pretty decent in the coming month. I'm satisfied with the price (horrible point I know), and with the fact that it helps me really focus on my homework afterwards. Like a baby amphetamine.

Heard stories of peeps losing strength when they cycle off though, so I'm kind of paranoid.

Also sorry for the crap review as this is just results compared to no preworkout. I don't imagine this is the best prework out lol. I should have just went with the real crack CRAZE with actual amphetamine! FDA is gonna try and ruin everyone's fun soon though :/ . Haters...

Gonna be taking Black Powder after though =D, and I don't have to cycle that so it's cool :) .

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Same reason why you call people crazy for not liking Conker's Bad Fur Day or coffee or Taylor Swift or whatever. Same reason why anybody corrects anyone on anything.

That'd be fine if you said that in the first place, but you attempt to argue back with your own reasoning so... don't be surprised people rebutted you lol
who's the one that always starts/continues dumb arguments now? :troll:

i guess if i entered this discussion it would continue for 200 more posts? haha

like 90 posts in social today WTF

OK I'll solve this argument though

Ballin4life's father, the man who raised the man who won Armageddon, once told me that "He [Young Justin] has all this new equipment but he just plays this MAIR-EE-OH brothas stuff these days."

Clearly a mario game.
lmao

asianaussie

Smash Hero
don't join ballin, i managed to dodge this particular bullet, and by god it feels fantastic

FE8 was bad. Okay, well it wasn't that bad, but it was nowhere near FE7's caliber. Story was too short and just didn't have the same pizzazz.

FE6 was good, especially since Roy wasn't a ***** lord in that game. Gotta get myself a flashcart and play that on my DS... IF THE SCREEN SUPPORT HADN'T BROKEN AND IT DOESN'T FLOP AROUND GAARRRGGG
i accidentally found the best casual combination in FE6, swordsmaster troubadour hero, and those three sort of tromped the entire game for me lol

FE8 was dumb because it just wasn't a challenge, the jeigan they give you is almost a top tier casual character and they even encourage you to GRIND >_>

ballin4life

Smash Hero
my friend who tries this stuff out said jack3d was too intense for him

unless i get rave reviews from multiple people i'm saving my money rather than buying supplements that will make 0-5% difference.

i do use fish oil as well as whey and casein powders. casein powder makes BOMB protein pudding. lately i've been mixing in some peanut butter with my chocolate protein pudding for that reese's taste. it's pretty amazing.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yea, the reason I bought Jack was that I heard it was intense, and figured that's what I needed. But yea, I'm not trying to put preworkouts over protein lol. That's a necessity. Just saying I am getting results (I figured you were interested from our convo the other day).

I'm pretty sure it'll give you more results that fish oil though :p , but yea I doubt the fish oil cost you anything substantial. Also pb is too good, especially with chocolate protein. My cousin put me on that, but I just usually have vanilla now. I usually have a spoon full of pb in the morning... just 'cause I like pb.

I have fish oil/flax seed too 8)

But yea, Jack is like $30 for 45 scoops @GNC. Black powder was like $60 lol (forgot how many servings but it was more), so I made the budget decision.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
my other friend said he didn't like jack3d - "it was ok for 2 workouts but after that i didn't feel anything". interesting.

fish oil is a must for general health. omega 3 fatty acids are an essential nutrient and it's hard to get omega-3 in the diet.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
FE8 was dumb because it just wasn't a challenge, the jeigan they give you is almost a top tier casual character and they even encourage you to GRIND >_>
i don't really remember much about that game, but i don't think there was a jeigan

if he's good, he ain't a jeigan

but yeah, the game was easy, and there was really no reason to replay it, so that's probably why i don't remember anything

asianaussie

Smash Hero
there is a jeigan, but you don't keep him, he's part of a gaiden chapter and
defects to the enemy after one chapter of controlling him, returning as a still-not-difficult boss in one of the later chapters

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
dang

all of my onlines thus far have been unplayably laggy, starting to wonder if its me

which would be really weird given that it was never this bad before (when i had noticeably worse computer and internet)

EDIT herro AA

asianaussie

Smash Hero
aa did you answer this? I'm still curious!
ah, i didn't mean secret secrets, i meant stuff the typical 12 year old would never find without obsessive gaming, like the entire kafei sidequest (if you find this out by yourself, chances are you spent at least 2 whole cycles working out what you were supposed to do), the bloody don gero's mask tomfoolery (more time-consuming than anything, tbh)...even things like getting to the ranch on the first day, or knowing what to give to the stone mask soldier

hell, the ikana canyon well quest might be the worst of them all

ballin4life

Smash Hero
ah, i didn't mean secret secrets, i meant stuff the typical 12 year old would never find without obsessive gaming, like the entire kafei sidequest (if you find this out by yourself, chances are you spent at least 2 whole cycles working out what you were supposed to do), the bloody don gero's mask tomfoolery (more time-consuming than anything, tbh)...even things like getting to the ranch on the first day, or knowing what to give to the stone mask soldier

hell, the ikana canyon well quest might be the worst of them all
there are definitely some complicated sidequests. but isn't that what the bomber's notebook is for?

i think i used a strategy guide when the game first came out though

clubbadubba

Smash Master
just finished watching the triangle final of the tacna tourney (late to the party I know). I wanted C. Tavo to randomly falcon kick sooooo many times on the long flat part of hyrule. He would've beaten Tito if he did! Still a boss going for falcon punch combo's with 1 life left in the whole tourney lol

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If you want a pre workout supplement boost take l-arginine and pycnogenol.

They're 2 of the only natural supplements that have legit research backing them up, especially pycnogenol.

They're both great for your overall health, but in terms of workouts they produce more nitric oxide. Which essentially promotes/increases blood flow.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
yellow, purple, red and green is an abomination of a colour scheme

and welcome back, though can't say you actually left given how much you lurked =P
Yeah I'll probably have to do something about those colours lol.

True enough, I didn't leave, but i also didn't request to be unbanned, so it was random for my posting ability to return.

And Hello everyone!!

The Star King

Smash Hero
who's the one that always starts/continues dumb arguments now? :troll:
When I first responded I didn't expect it to become an argument, 'cause I didn't think TANK actually thought Smash was a Mario game.

Sorry everyone!

Welcome back Surri. And here I thought we were rid of you forever :troll:

Top Bottom