• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

M!nt

Smash Champion
It was too blunt needed to be a little more subtle.

Why am I here again? I check this too much.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Omega-3s aren't THAT hard to get into your diet (I feel like peeps just repeat this to each other >___>). They're put in most pb now, that's the easiest way (ya don't need that much lol), and Smart Balance butter substitute (if that's your thing, it's delicious). But the chewable omega-3 stuff is delicious too so that's cool. Flax Seed has more Omega-3 than fish oil btw, and it def don't taste bad 8) . My breakfast is just too god damn healthy...

But yea, I was referring to MUSCLE GROWTH, and while Fish oil is fine and dandy, it's not going to aid GAINS in any measurable way (Like more sets, or something easily made possible by a preworkout). By all means no reason NOT to have it in your diet, but shouldn't be any reason to NOT take a preworkout supplemant.

UUgh, I wasn't even pushing preworkouts >_____> , now I have to defend them lol.

Just wanted to tell you my review on Jack so far. Guess that's what I get for SHARING.

Omega-3 is actually put into tons of stuff now. I see it at the grocery store. It's crazy. It's like the added calcium change years back. There's not a mother ****er out there was has a excuse for not getting calcium in their diet now. Omega-3 is still less convenient but is def on it's way there.

@Sheer, thanks, now I feel like an unnatural crack head ;__;
Seriously though, next preworkout I take is gonna be something that's a lot better for my body.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's because my postbit is butchered. Both of my titles (BRoomer and mod) had to be manually edited in, so it didn't change when i lost mod / access to the BR.
You lost access to the BR?

It's a shame you have to miss the posts that occurred during your absence. All 2 of them :troll:

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
there is a jeigan, but you don't keep him, he's part of a gaiden chapter and
defects to the enemy after one chapter of controlling him, returning as a still-not-difficult boss in one of the later chapters
ohhhhh right

so first time-players would've gotten screwed over quite nicely

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Omega-3s aren't THAT hard to get into your diet (I feel like peeps just repeat this to each other >___>). They're put in most pb now, that's the easiest way (ya don't need that much lol), and Smart Balance butter substitute (if that's your thing, it's delicious). But the chewable omega-3 stuff is delicious too so that's cool. Flax Seed has more Omega-3 than fish oil btw, and it def don't taste bad 8) . My breakfast is just too god damn healthy...
I read some research indicating that flax seed omega 3, which is in the form of ALA, is not utilized efficiently by the body whereas the fish oils EPA and DHA are directly used by the body. The body has to convert ALA to EPA and DHA and that conversion process is not 100% efficient at all.

AFAIK most Peanut butters still have a poor ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids. Research claims that you want about a 3:1 ratio there, and I believe most peanut butters fall short of that even if they are fortified with omega 3. Also we get lots omega 6 fatty acids from other sources too. My point is that adding in something that is PURE omega 3 is very helpful for managing this ratio.

But yea, I was referring to MUSCLE GROWTH, and while Fish oil is fine and dandy, it's not going to aid GAINS in any measurable way (Like more sets, or something easily made possible by a preworkout). By all means no reason NOT to have it in your diet, but shouldn't be any reason to NOT take a preworkout supplemant.

UUgh, I wasn't even pushing preworkouts >_____> , now I have to defend them lol.

Just wanted to tell you my review on Jack so far. Guess that's what I get for SHARING.
Well, every authority on strength training and nutrition that I've seen strongly recommends taking fish oil. I've heard claims that it reduces inflammation and improves calorie partitioning (more to muscle, less to fat) as well as promoting general health.

As for pre-workout supplements I merely said that I personally don't want to start using them until I get rave reviews from multiple people. I'm not saying that I know they are all horrible or anything. But cost/effort is my reason for not taking one currently. Hell, I don't even use creatine anymore and that stuff has lots of evidence showing that it's effective and safe.

Omega-3 is actually put into tons of stuff now. I see it at the grocery store. It's crazy. It's like the added calcium change years back. There's not a mother ****er out there was has a excuse for not getting calcium in their diet now. Omega-3 is still less convenient but is def on it's way there.
Yes, but those foods are primarily fortified with ALA and it's good to get some DHA.

From http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/a-primer-on-dietary-fats-part-2.html

"And while ALA is still technically considered the ‘essential fatty acid’, it’s looking more and more like it’s actually the EPA and DHA that are doing the majority of the ‘good’ things in the body (and that they may do different things in the body meaning that they are both important). Whether ALA actually does anything indepdently of its conversion to EPA/DHA is currently being debated.
And here’s why this is a problem: outside of vegetarians/vegans, the conversion of ALA to EPA/DHA is extremely small in adults. When ALA is supplemented (for example, from flax oil), the actual conversion to EPA is only about 4-5%. And the conversion of EPA to DHA is negligible; that is, supplementing the parent compound doesn’t raise body stores of DHA at all (in fact, supplementing with EPA doesn’t raise DHA either)."

and for more: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/re...-of-long-chain-polyunsaturates-in-adults.html

The author also claims that it's more cost-effective to buy non omega3 fortified foods and take an omega3 supplement.

TANK64

Smash Lord
So basically you're really into DHA...

and think it's a good idea.

Thanks for the WALL just to say that >____>. lol jk, I would have been annoyed if you didn't explain also :p

and AFAIK, fortified pb DOES solve the ratio issue. But it's ALA, so you won't want any part of that I guess xD.

As for preworkouts, I know you like numbers (same reason I was "not-in-a-rush" to use them), but if you had to choose between Omega 3 supplement and preworkout supplement for financial reasons- for weight training/muscle building- I would DEF recommend to get a preworkout from my experience.

But don't worry, after I take Black Powder, I have a feeling I'll have your rave review :cool: . (Not that I'm promoting preworkouts!)

And OBV creatine in more important than a preworkout.

@Surri, your avy is...cute.
and I don't even like Pika xD

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I eat ALA too I just make sure I also do fish oil / eat fish.

I actually just ordered this "Go Nuts" nut butter (all flavors except the Soy one):

http://www.gonutsco.com/flavors.htm

~ 160 calories 14g protein 6g carb 2.7g omega3 .8g omega6 4g monounsaturated

pretty legit IMO

I can also recommend Artic Zero ice cream

http://www.myarcticzero.com/nutritionfacts.php

in an entire pint ~160 calories from 24g carbs 13.5g protein

pretty solid for a PINT of ice cream

SSBPete

Smash Lord
how much do you bench ballin/TANK?

its weird how you use pint and grams in the same sentence. two different measurement systems

and now i have a feeling you're going to answer my first question in pounds

:phone:

TANK64

Smash Lord
Dude, that ice cream is just about the best god damn find on the internet!!!

Ballin' is a god.

@Pete, a good 290 lbs a few times (131.5 kg, man that makes it sound smaller ;__; )

ballin4life

Smash Hero
how much do you bench ballin/TANK?

its weird how you use pint and grams in the same sentence. two different measurement systems

and now i have a feeling you're going to answer my first question in pounds

right now i'm doing 140lbs for 3x5 on bench but i've been hampered by a back injury for several months. i could probably do body weight (170lbs) for 1. I've always been horrible at bench. My current bench goal is to beat my dad who does ~175 for 3x8.

i just use the same measurements that the products use. nutrition facts are given in grams. the weights at my gym are given in pounds. and arctic zero ice cream comes in pint sized containers.

Dude, that ice cream is just about the best god damn find on the internet!!!

Ballin' is a god.
In NY last summer my roommate and I used to buy 10 arctic zeros at whole foods and they'd be gone 2 days later. They are amazing.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
TANK that's ridiculous, how much do you weigh?

im very similar to you, ballin. i bench about the same as you and weigh about the same aswell. ive only started going to the gym within the past few months because prior i played a ridiculous amount of soccer which was enough physical activity for me.

stick to one measurement system america!

at least you're not as bad as the english who have mph and kph on the same road sign :l

TANK64

Smash Lord
@Ballin', Seriously, I'm gonna stock up on that. Those stats are just 2good!

fark srs? How big are you?

Near 3 plates is monsterous.
Thank bro! :awesome:

But I'm not nearly as big as I should be for my strength. Guess I suck at body building :( . Nobody listen to me D:

Seriously though, I worked out for too long without the knowledge I have now, and made a lot of mistakes. Big mistakes! Nobody do that! Research is always good! You can always learn more. I am just now getting proportionate, and my legs are still not up to par.

buuut I ain't small doe!! :cool:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hi Surri, long time no see! Good to have you back

Also good to see you returning to your ROOTS and putting this LoL garbage behind you, Fynal.

Spyro

Smash Ace
I'm still at that age where I can eat as much as I want and not gain any weight right now, but I'm trying to not eat as much so I won't gain much/ any weight when I get to the age, where I can gain weight if I'm not careful.

I have not worked out any since summer break started, but there not much I can do at home, well there is but no at much as I could do at a gym. I should proable start again.

Spyro

Smash Ace
I imagine it would be hard for me to play online because I like to try to be technical and the lag makes that hard.

How hard is it to play Yoshi online with a average amount of lag?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
not very, just don't bother with horizontal djc n-air chains or shieldbreaks and the rest is actually pretty easy, assuming you can do stuff consistently in no-lag situations

parries are still a *****, though it's been ages since i tried to play yoshi w/parries online

The Star King

Smash Hero
not very, just don't bother with horizontal djc n-air chains or shieldbreaks and the rest is actually pretty easy, assuming you can do stuff consistently in no-lag situations

parries are still a *****, though it's been ages since i tried to play yoshi w/parries online
Um not that hard to do any of that stuff (assuming you can do it offline)

shield breaking with yoshi in 3 frames isn't that tough
This

TANK64

Smash Lord
I can't nair chain/parry/hardly shield break online :p , and I def can offline. But there's easier stuff you can do like uptilt combos, and still do fairly well lol.

@E-Kel man, how often are you playing? You might be burning yourself out. Online is frustrating if you don't take breaks. But yea, it will help you get better (especially the point where you're at), and then you can actually use those improvements on console... xD

and yes, VERY much like weighted training. I think of that analogy so much for online lol.

Sangoku

Smash Master
So superboom, how long are you staying in EC? I have my last exam next thursday, so maybe we can play some after if you're still there (with uni internet). How many frames do you get with funk?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
can't find the thread where this goes, but I was laughing my *** off. I beat him on dreamland, he selects sector z, and I do pause ABZR.

(01:50:19PM) <clubbadubba ·§R> no sector z
(01:50:22PM) <clubbadubba ·§R> any other level
(01:50:25PM) <Edward> no
(01:50:27PM) <Edward> sector z
(01:50:31PM) <clubbadubba ·§R> my game my rules
(01:50:38PM) <Edward> **** you
(01:50:40PM) * Dropped: Edward (Player 2)
(01:50:40PM) * Parts: Edward

Top Bottom