• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate And Discuss Their Chances: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

While the audience debated on how like Muddy Mole was to appear in Smash, Muddy Mole himself digged himself a hole in the ground to sleep him. Given that he had no other obligation and no one cared if he did so, that was all he did. Of course there were some bombs thrown at him to wake up, but they never got near him, so nothing happened.

Eventually, officials went to the ground and used an alarm clock to wake him up. Muddy Mole quick came out from rest and raced up to the ground. The officials then told him that he performed a likelihood score of 2.4, a rather mediocre performance, but was made up by a 3.03 in want. He didn't care all that much since he valued family above fighting, he just was there because someone invited him to try out and for some reason, an Opossum obsessed over him got him in after days of begging.

After he left, a bright, glowing section of the sky was revealing a goddess coming down from the heavens. Everyone was struck in awe as they watched her come down and she just coincidentally missed her target and stuck her foot in the hole, causing her to trip. She got up, padded out the dirt that got on her clothes, and walked to the platform where she would stand there and view as the audience discussed over her odds of being in SSB4.

DarkSouls wins the prediction for Muddy Mole and gets five more nominations and Day Seven has began! Palutena is up for voting today and you may predict what Mewtwo receives tomorrow. Day ends sometimes late tomorrow (due to work, it's hard to tell when I can get back).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I got a shout out in the end of day message :D

Anyway, for Mewtwo, I predict a 3.9, due to the possibility of detractors.

x5 for Starfy

Now onto Palutena.

She definitely has stuff going for her. Many find the expansion of the Kid Icarus roster likely after Uprising. I am also in that group. Now, Palutena is arguably the next step. Many detractors of her from before Uprising claimed that "she couldn't fight." This is now proven false, due to the events of Uprising. Godlike Power is too much for Smash? Tell that to Ganondorf...

For Want, I say a 5. I definitely want her in. Kinda funny. Most of the characters in this game so far I really want...

For Likelihood, I say a 4.5. I find her to be guaranteed as long as we get a KI newcomer, which isn't a guarantee. I actually consider Palutena as a near shoo-in status.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Palutena gets a 4 on my end. If Kid Icarus expects a new rep, she's basically the best choice.

Nominations
1: Dixie Kong
2: Black Shadow
3: Zoroark
4: Rosalina
5: Starfy

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll give Palutena:

Liklihood: 4
Want: 3

I think it's still possible Medusa could be the character chosen, afterall Palutena's role seems to fit in more with the background character Pit communicates telepathically with for information. Medusa is the fighter of the choices, and the character I'd rather have. Than of course there is Eggplant Wizard who would be awesome. Have him and King Hippo.

Yeah, Palutena CAN fight, but I don't think it fits her character. Regardless of the fact it doesn't fit Zelda or Peach. I'm trying to judge based on her specific personality and role, rather than what characters have been put in smash so far.

I give Mewtwo a 4.5 prediction

Also Nominate Tom Nook x5

D

Deleted member

Palutena

Palutena is another one of those characters that I believe will be in Smash 4 and would be surprised to see otherwise. Then again, I did feel the same way with Medusa, but there are reasons why I feel the opposite now...

Palutena is highly requested to be in Smash 4 (at least in the West). Unlike Medusa, this isn't mostly based off because she is female or the supposed "need" for more females, but because of her character. People like her because she is highly worthy of a spot and should be in Smash.

What also helps is that she has a lot of draw from. Palutena for one could take over Pit's Final Smash given that it is "Palutena's Army", so it makes a lot more sense for her to have it then let's say Pit. Not to mention that she would be able to use many of Pit's weapons in the game without her or Pit having to share a single move. It should be obvious that she can easily fit in the game and contribute to gaming balance.

An issue detractors used against her was she could not fight, but the two Kid Icarus OVA of her shows otherwise. Not to mention that Palutena was heavily promoted in her game, almost as much as Pit himself.

What also helps is that in Japan, the series is named after her, which further emphasize her importance in the series. And when you look at her being in all three games and especially playing a significant role in Kid Icarus: Uprising, she is second to Pit in importance.

Now there is the possibility that Sakurai is so worried about overreping the series that he adds no one but Pit to the roster, but given all the things Palutena has for her and that Sakurai did not create the series, I see little reason why he would not add Palutena to the roster.

I give her a 4.5 in likelihood. For want, I give her a 4. There are others I prefer before her (thought she is the only Kid Icarus rep I support), but I certainly support her inclusion.

I feel as Mewtwo will get a 3.79 as it's final result tomorrow.

I nominate Ghirahim, Toad, Roy, Mega Man, and Mii.

@DakotaBonez: Just want to say you're welcome (in regards to the flavor message). It's nice that people enjoy those flavor.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, the flavor messages are some of my favorite parts, as well, personally. It makes the game seem more...alive.

Anyway, does anyone know if Palutena is at all wanted in Japan? IIRC, she was listed as popular in that Nintendo character magazine thing that Sakurai had, so that could help, perhaps.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Opossum: I believe Chrono said she was the only KI character with requests, but not to many overall.

I'll post my opinion later.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be fair the blog that Chrono found is a bit outdated as of March. Details might of changed during then and now.

Anyway, I feel that Palutena has a very high chance due to being a very important character from the Kid Icarus series, important enough to have her name referenced in the Japanese title in a similar vein to Zelda. But what seals the deal is Kid Icarus: Uprising, where her character is greatly expanded on and helped established her capabilities and personality. Said game was also directed by Sakurai, which may also help increase the odds.

Want: 4.77
Likelihood: 4.80

For Mewtwo, I predict a 4.11, unfortunately...

Nominations are Starfy (x2), Mega Man (x2), and Zoroark.

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While that is possibly true, I do not believe her popularity is waning, like "Flavor-of-the-Month" characters. She's still shown to be thought of highly in general if that magazine is anything to go by.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Likely 4.8
KI is pretty much set for another character with Sakurai working on it and with what wound up happening to the two others favorites (Magus+Medusa), she's is pretty clear cut.
Want: 3

Nominate: Anna x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Palutena receives a 2 in want and a 3.5 in likelihood.

She is easily the go-to female newcomer -and- staff user for SSB4, and has absolutely no competition for the second Kid Icarus slot. My rationale for not ranking her higher is that she's recent enough to -not- have a massive fan following...yet. She had absolutely no fanbase for Brawl, and people only ever considered her for SSB4 after Uprising was released, revealing Medusa to be unimportant, rather than a shoo-in simply for existing (in trailers). No, I don't think Sakurai will hesitate to add Uprising content (I would be surprised if Kid Icarus received any content NOT from Uprising), but if he adds Palutena, it will be because of his own desires, rather than those of fans.

yani

Smash Lord
I'll give Palutena a 4 in likelihood. She has a nice fanbase thanks to Sakurai's revival of the Kid Icarus franchise. The best way to keep promoting a series would be another playable spot in Smash. The series is also named after her in Japan, so there is no competition for a second KI rep.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
For Palutena, I'll rate for the following...

Want - 3.0: I wouldn't mind Palutena being in the roster. I believe it would be interesting to see what she could bring into the table as far as movesets go. Other than that, there's really no reason for me to rank her any higher for a want.

Likelihood - 4.0: Pretty much for the same reason
BKupa666 stated. The reason I rate it higher is because of the significance of the Kid Icarus series lately, and though Palutena's popularity isn't overly large, it may still end up being large enough by the time Smash 4 has gotten deeper in development.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Want: 4
Likeliness: 3.75

Pretty much the big question is more of whether or not KI will get a newcomer. But it's been in the spotlight more so than any other game from Nintendo in recent years, with arguably the most advertisement money too.

Many can argue about Sakurai's humbleness and wanting to put other franchises before his but with what seems to be little true attachment to the series itself from recent interviews as well as not being his own original series (not to mention I believe he was asked by Nintendo to direct it, not the other way around). We're also at the bottom of the character pool too.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Palutena is one of the characters I figure is almost a shoe-in SSB4. She has many things going for her (and against her). I feel she is one of the most likely newcomers to the game. Here are a few things going for her right now:

1. She is apart of the Kid icarus franchise.
She had a huge role within Ki Icarus: Uprising which I see being transferred into future KI games. Not to mention, Sakurai developed Kid Icarus. i feel just belonging to this up and coming franchise enhances Palutena's chances.

2. She's Sakurai's girl
Palutena recently received a make over and a huge role in KI: U. Sakurai seems to enjoy and like this character. Not to mention, Sakurai seems prone to adding his own games and characters to Smash bros. While Sakurai didn't initially design Palutena, he effectively made her what she is today. I feel favoritism will allow Palutena to be added.

3. Gender Roles
Face it. She's a female goddess. I know there has been a lot of discussion about an emphasis of adding more females into Smash 4 with supporters and opponents of it. While I don't think Palutena should be added for solely being a female, it could still help her chances though. I would say Palutena's gender is a definite plus.

There are many other reasons why Palutena could possible get the spot. Not to mention, she was one of the only character to be in Supspace Mode, that was from a Nintendo game, yet was not playable. i feel pretty confident that Palutena will make a playable appearance.

For Palutena,

Want: 4.30
Likeliness: 4.75

Prediction for Mewtwo: 4.0

I nominate:

Shulk x1
Saki x2
Dixie x1
Tom Nook x1

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For some odd reason, an idea came into my head.

Since Palutena is a divine figure....can she change sexes? o_0
I don't think the greek gods could do that, or at least didn't do that.

Greek gods weren't all powerful beings, and could die.

Same with gods of a lot of cultures

jigglover

Smash Lord
A female Goddess is a female. A male Goddess can't exist. A male God is a male. Just to clarify.
Right... my plan was just sorted since it seemed like Plusle and Minun were going to be up for prediction today, and not tomorrow, so it now seems that the main Plusle and Minun supporter on this forum is going to be unable to vote for Plusle and Minun since I'm going on holiday on Monday. So... Super Smash Bros Fan, could I vote for Plusle and Minun today/tomorrow (hopefully today) and give my reasoning then, since I can't miss the Plusle and Minun votes, since the rest will be about 2 probably. Another thought is that you could postpone the voting for those two until when I get back, since I'm am officially the only person who's nominated them as well.
Anyway, Mewtwo prediction is 4.26.
Palutena: 2.46. Okay, I know what you're thinking, this guy's mad, SSB4 needs Palutena, she played a major role in the newestKI game. There's your problem. While it is true that Sakurai does put in more characters of his own franchises than others, it seems that KI really is too small game-wise, since KI really does have just 3. Pit is OK to have in there, since ROB has made several cameos, been playable in mario kart DS as well as his two games you controlled with the peripheral, that has 3 games, and nobody suggesting a 2nd rep for him. Same with GaW, while he has got many games, he is not at all famous, and since he has a lot more games than KI, he should be next in line for a 2nd rep, not KI.

Edit: Incarnate, I don't know what a hermaphrodite would be called. Maybe a hermaphrodice for one that is more female, a hermaphrod for one that is more male, and just herma for one directly inbetween. Also, do you know that you are always offline according to your circle?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, regardless, Palutena is a female deity and that is what I originally meant. Blame my grammatical errors on my intense hangover.

Anyways, I feel Medusa could be an amazing character with an serpent motif. However, Palutena seems to have the biggest fan following compared to her evil counter part. I could see some competition from Hades but, at this point, Palutena seems pretty likely to be included. At least from my perspective.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Palutena:
Want: 2
Likelihood: 2.9

Just because she's been in a new game, dosen't mean she'll be in. And because Sakurai made said game and is also working on SSB4, also dosen't mean she'll get in. Specially considering Kid Icarus' "not-importance" to Nintendo.

Nominations :
Samurai Goroh x2
Black Shadow
Waluigi
Mach Rider

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
She is definitely a "Top 5" contender along the likes of Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo. She has a lot going for, especially that she was (I think?) the only nonplayable "character" that appeared in SSE with a full model :) I think Sakurais push may have given Palutena a grand chance.

Want: 4.8
Likeliness: 4.3

Prediction for Mewtwo: 4.6

Nominations:

Chibi-Robo x5 :)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Palutena has the current popularity, moveset potential, and importance to Sakurai (as well as recent relevance, though that really shouldn't count for much) to be one of the most likely characters. Plus if Sakurai really has no more plans to make any KI games, then now would be the perfect time to add another KI character, while they are still fresh and popular. There is a slim chance Medusa might make it over Palutena, but I think that is very unlikely.

Want: 4
Likelihood: 4

Nomz:
Isaac x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Palutena: 2.46. Okay, I know what you're thinking, this guy's mad, SSB4 needs Palutena, she played a major role in the newestKI game. There's your problem. While it is true that Sakurai does put in more characters of his own franchises than others, it seems that KI really is too small game-wise, since KI really does have just 3. Pit is OK to have in there, since ROB has made several cameos, been playable in mario kart DS as well as his two games you controlled with the peripheral, that has 3 games, and nobody suggesting a 2nd rep for him. Same with GaW, while he has got many games, he is not at all famous, and since he has a lot more games than KI, he should be next in line for a 2nd rep, not KI.
On your point about the two games thing, Mother only had 3 games, and still got a second character. The series itself is also much less popular. Because of that, I don't think Sakurai looks at the number of games when looking at detracting points of characters, especially ones that have quite a bit of popularity.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
palutena
want: 1
likelihood:3.8
I would much rather prefer medussa to fill in a more antagonist role. But thats not who were voting on, now is it?
Nominations:
Lloyd Irving x3
Paper Mario x2
its going to happen eventually

D

Deleted member

Updated nominations.

@jigglover: Sorry, but I cannot make an exception in your case. You have to vote on the same day that the character is up for voting.

How long are you going to be gone btw? With things going the way they are, Plusle & Minun may not be up for awhile, especially if the top nominee gets nominations while Plusle & Minun does not (hypothetically).

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'm coming back on the 6th of August. Could I make an appeal to everyone to nominate for the characters closest to Plusle and Minun so that they stay 2nd place plus!?
On that note I'd like to nominate Shulk and Isaac x1, and Lloyd Iriving x3. Now they are all 1 above Plusle and Minun, so please nobody nominate them (no one has yet.)
Right, I need somebody to vote four times for Anna (please or 4 collectively) and Tom Nook has suddenly got a load of nominations, so if he keeps it up, I should make it back for Plusle and Minun now. God I hope I can win prediction for Mewtwo, then I can get Anna ahead of Plusle and Minun myself and should make it!
Thinking about it, the last day went all the way until 7 or 8 yesterday here in the UK, so that means that as long as Anna or Tom Nook get ahead of Plusle and Minun, I should be able to vote for them, if both then I might be able to predict for them too! I'd also want them both to be ahead of me so I can make some points early in the day and hope that I might be able to sway some votes.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
I was going to nominate Anna when the day changes anyways.

I'm going to predict 4.9 for Mewtwo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was going to nominate Anna when the day changes anyways.

I'm going to predict 4.9 for Mewtwo.
I can already tell you it's not going to be 4.9.

Telling by a lot of people's previous predictions, most people here don't consider him terribly likely

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
I'm not predicting exactly 4.9, but closer to 4.9 then other predicts.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not predicting exactly 4.9, but closer to 4.9 then other predicts.
Well, most people are predicting in the 3's, which is probably close to the liklihood they are going to give him. I'll be surprised if it even gets to 4

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
@ jigglover

Okay. I was gonna nominate IceClimbers to get them out of the way, but I'll nominate the characters below Plusle & Minin.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Want: 3.4
Likelyhood: 4.1

Palutena is one of those characters who I feel is incredibly likely, but at the same time, there's a couple of factors stacked against her as well. She's got MORE than enough competition, with Medusa, Hades, Viridi, Magnus and even Dark Pit all vying for the next KI slot, but to be perfectly fair, Palutena has MUCH more importance than any of her competitors. Sakurai may be a little too modest to put her in, but honestly, I feel that KI:U did well enough on it's own for her to be put in regardless. She's definitely one of the more likely characters, but at the same time, she's not on the same level as certain shoe-ins like Ridley, K. Rool, or Little Mac.

Prediction for Mewtwo: 4.3

Nominations: 3 for Medusa, one each for Adam Malkovich and Samurai Goroh

jigglover

Smash Lord
Thank you so much MelMoe. It seems to be happening now. I've got Shulk Isaac and Lloyd Irving out of the way, deuxhero seems to have Anna covered (as long as he does 4 nominations tomorrow, if not could you get four please MelMoe) and Tom Nook to get over as well, he's six behind right now, but seems to have gotten a lot of nominations today and I'm hoping that will carry on.
Oh, and By the way. Who is Anna anyway?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Want: 5 Likeliness: 5

Palutena is a must considering her importance to the KI franchise and her relationship with Pit. She'd be another magic user unlike the 2 princess who'd be heavier and more magic based with the addition of staff usage. Considering how well recieved her character and the Kid Icarus sales was, she'd be a great addition to the Smash roster.

Nominations: 5x Medusa

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Palutena

Palutena's popularity and support for Smash Bros 4 is one of the most known and agreed wholeheartedly upon. If Brawl revived Pit, then Kid Icarus Uprising could be said to have revive Palutena: she has been shown to be quite a fighter and has quite a witty personality that lends her to have many fans (including me.) Also she's now one of the most requested and supported Kid Icarus-representative for Smash Bros 4. Overall, she's seen as quite likely character for the next Kid Icarus-rep spot, due her major role in the series and her name being reflected on the japanese titles for Kid Icarus.

From my point, I'd like to play as her as one of my favourites in Smash 4 and believe she's very likely due having not much contenders (the closest and just maybe closest could be Medusa, but her role in KI has been dropped down severely due a certain new major character introduced in Uprising.). Her fun character is quite a plus and her powers would lend for a very fun moveset to use, maybe being a heavy-weight projectile-based character akin to Zelda and Ganondorf in a sense. I'm sure I'd like to stick with her as one of my mains.

Likelyhood: 4.7
Want: 5.0

Predicting Mewtwo to get 4.3

Noms:

Starfy x3

Lip x2.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Nominations

Tom Nook x5

Voting & Discussing

Palutena

Personal Bias: 4.3
Likelihood: 4.48

I've been avoiding being spoiled by KI: Uprising, so I don't know much about it. What I do know about Palutena is that she is a very popular choice for SSB4. She is a key character in Uprising & she doesn't lack the ability to defend herself. It also doesn't hurt that she is female, because then she might be considered before
Magnus or Hades
. Kid Icarus was revived by Sakurai so I think it is very likely that we will see at least one newcomer from it. I've also watch the cartoon short starring her & I really like her personality. She would be a nice addition on the SSB4 roster.

Prediction

Mewtwo : 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom