• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
For Zero Suit Samus.
We seriously need to exempt her from this code. The way we're bending over backwards for her over her stun gun reminds me of how we were hesitant to change a lot of things to preserve Ganon's thunderstorming.

kupo15

Smash Hero
>_>, she really doesn't need it.

It doesn't affect her stun gun and her dsmash has the longest projectile hitlag in the game plus hitstun. There is no reason to drown us in that hitlag setting esp since ppl are trying to find ways to nerf her. Im switching to .45 .

Not to go off topic but spunit, you made a universal everything gets bigger code? Can you change that so only the stages gets bigger?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
What % did it use to be at? Can someone provide the code?

Edit: So I'm not just asking for help, here's my insight. So far, I really really like it especially with the momentum code, but I have a question, what values are people using for it? I'm at the 80% which is the default on kupo's thread, but it is still a hot topic. Crap, I had a bunch of things I wanted to say, but I'm drawing a blank. I'll be back latter.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
Not to go off topic but spunit, you made a universal everything gets bigger code? Can you change that so only the stages gets bigger?
It modifies everything except for the stage size

Unversal Size Mod [spunit262]
040AD76C0 XXXXXXXX

It changes the size just about everything, including items, but not stage
elements. It how ever has a slight glitch as it is applied twice to items when grab and characters being thrown or footstooling. For items the double applying is purely graphical, but for characters their hotbox is also affected and for large values can be KO of the bottom just by being thrown.

kupo15

Smash Hero
What % did it use to be at? Can someone provide the code?

Edit: So I'm not just asking for help, here's my insight. So far, I really really like it especially with the momentum code, but I have a question, what values are people using for it? I'm at the 80% which is the default on kupo's thread, but it is still a hot topic. Crap, I had a bunch of things I wanted to say, but I'm drawing a blank. I'll be back latter.
Ill be changing it to 70%

We seriously need to exempt her from this code. The way we're bending over backwards for her over her stun gun reminds me of how we were hesitant to change a lot of things to preserve Ganon's thunderstorming.
It doesn't affect her stun gun this is as ridiculous as if we were to say "now we can't go any higher than .43 hitstun because kirby can't do his gonzo combo."

c'mon

>_>

****, I was hoping the stage was included in that code

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Seeing this, I want Marth's real falchion sword back :laugh:.

EDIT- Suddenly, I understand why tripping's back... I changed the code to 3.2 and my wii 'applies it'... But doesn't really do. Now, it won't load even my old codeset, does it have anything to do with 3.2 doing a bug or something?

matt4300

Smash Ace
****, I was hoping the stage was included in that code
Awwww, ya got my hopes up to:( can this code be reversed to make things smaller? err something like that... I would still love the smaller chars code without the squeaky voices.

Ok, I love samuses missles now Thank you god. It used to feel like I was running for my life the whole match now with less laggy missles everything feels much more seemless. :) also her grab pummle is like crazy fast for some reason now, or is that just my code set?
Man I'm so glad you guys fixed bowsers thick skin... it felt really bootleg before how multi hit moves wouldent damage him, its perfect now though.

Good work everyone! :bee:

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Guys, i just finished v003 of my Brawl+ Tweaker
I added 3.2 support just now
I also added support for custom codes
Here's a pic

I have a question though. Before the Jump/Grav values used to be
"065A9200 000000DC"
and now it's
"065A9200 000000E0"

Can I calculate those last two values on my own?

Almas

Smash Lord
Yes!

It's 8 for every line (or 4 for every half-line). In Hex.

I haven't had a look at your program, but some of the values I use in newer codes are linked to the values used in the Grav/Jump values code. If you allow the ability to customize the '16' values, it may interfere with the other codes.

Hit me up on AIM: AlmasAmedor or MSN: zachsmith@hotmail.com if you want to talk about it - it's certainly a very pretty program. Uneccessary for me, but I can see why others would want it ;p

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
After playing a good deal of matches, I got a freeze. The one after the game is over with the black screen and the rumbling. Other than that though, it's very solid. I really like the set as a whole and the momentum code although still with a couple small problems, brings it all together very nicely. Razor leaf is great as are Samus's missiles. Good job to all who worked on it.

One very minor gripe I have with it is that Bowser can't be healed by food. While the chances of him getting his hands on food in a tourney is very very low (only against DeDeDe, Peach(?), G+W, etc.) it should still be addressed.

Edit: Oh and does anyone know why the game sometimes locks up, or is it still a mystery?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It can only happen vs. GaW when he gets a 7 on his judgement. Srsly it shouldn't matter lol. DDD can't throw out items in the tournament ruleset (lol, one time they forgot to turn it off and the ddd threw out a deku nut and paralyzed both players lol).

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
How do they turn off DDD items? Even if you play no items, they still come out. I've seen it a million times, DDD throws a capsule kills his opponent, then heals for 100% off a heart.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Were there any changes made to Zero Suit's stuns? The d-smash is acting weird.

Is there a point just before the invincibility frames on a tech/techroll where you are touching ground?
If so, ZSS has a 0-death on a lot of the cast... I haven't finished looking yet but every fast falling character is susceptible from what I can tell. I wish I could confirm whether you can tech out or not, but computers really such at teching it for some reason...

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I think its way to easy to laser/jab lock. They need to be removed or the frames for leching need to be increased.

What do you guys think?

For example, I was playin Link today and a simple zair with a failed tech led to a jab lock and a life.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Were there any changes made to Zero Suit's stuns? The d-smash is acting weird.

Is there a point just before the invincibility frames on a tech/techroll where you are touching ground?
If so, ZSS has a 0-death on a lot of the cast... I haven't finished looking yet but every fast falling character is susceptible from what I can tell. I wish I could confirm whether you can tech out or not, but computers really such at teching it for some reason...
I think there is a vulnerable frame or before the tech starts. It also makes it really easy for Snake to tilt-lock.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I think its way to easy to laser/jab lock. They need to be removed or the frames for teching need to be increased.

What do you guys think?

For example, I was playin Link today and a simple zair with a failed tech led to a jab lock and a life.
It's definitely one of the things on our list, but I have no idea how they'd go about doing it. Teching isn't determined by a framing window in brawl (Sakurai the dumb **** decided that a distance window would be better for some reason). I think PW is working on making his own teching window code.

Although, I kinda want jab resets to stay in (they're an awesome punishment option for a missed tech in both melee and brawl+), although it would be cool if the window were somehow made smaller. If you could make a code where characters don't bounce as high off the ground when hit by weak attacks from a grounded state (and after hitting the ground from a tumble state or "in hitstun" state), then you'd be able to both solve the jablock problem (since the opponent would get their invincibility frames before the next jab could come out, and the window for jab resets would be tighter. No idea how you'd be able to do that though.

In slightly related news, Sonic has a jab lock infinite that can be done by simply pivot jabbing the opponent back and forth.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
it's Definitely One Of The Things On Our List, But I Have No Idea How They'd Go About Doing It. Teching Isn't Determined By A Framing Window In Brawl (sakurai The Dumb **** Decided That A Distance Window Would Be Better For Some Reason). I Think Pw Is Working On Making His Own Teching Window Code.

Although, I Kinda Want Jab resets To Stay In (they're An Awesome Punishment Option For A Missed Tech In Both Melee And Brawl+), Although It Would Be Cool If The Window Were Somehow Made Smaller. If You Could Make A Code Where Characters Don't Bounce As High Off The Ground When Hit By Weak Attacks From A Grounded State (and After Hitting The Ground From A Tumble State Or "in Hitstun" State), Then You'd Be Able To Both Solve The Jablock Problem (since The Opponent Would Get Their Invincibility Frames Before The Next Jab Could Come Out, And The Window For Jab Resets Would Be Tighter. No Idea How You'd Be Able To Do That Though.

In Slightly Related News, Sonic Has A Jab Lock Infinite That Can Be Done By Simply Pivot Jabbing The Opponent Back And Forth.
Dam You Sakuri
Dam You Sakuri
Dam You Sakuri

YOU HAVE DISPLEASED ME. I'M SURE IT WON'T BE THE LAST TIME.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
it would be nice if you could reduce the lag time after samus bounce off his bomb... as it was in melee, it was really funny to use... but then, samus have received many helps so it wouldn't really matter...

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Quick bit of 1.32 feedback from my friend:

He no longer enjoyed playing Wolf due to the recent changes in his gravity. He says he's too floaty -- he was fine with the 1.3 settings, I believe.

He had some comments on Sonic's momentum in v10 -- one of Sonic's B moves was getting momentum on the ground and he found it more of a hindrance. Don't know if this has been fixed in v11 or not.

Revven

FrankerZ
Quick bit of 1.32 feedback from my friend:

He no longer enjoyed playing Wolf due to the recent changes in his gravity. He says he's too floaty -- he was fine with the 1.3 settings, I believe..
Wolf is pretty much the same as before except a shorter SH height. They didn't make Wolf floatier, they just shortened his SH height and I think increased his FF speed. But, he is definitely NOT much floatier in comparison to 3.1 (not regular Beta 3).

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Are we planning on fixing Diddy's recovery? In my opinion, it is currently a major problem.

He needs less lag upon hitting the ground, or the ability to sweetspot again.

Because honestly, I still can't sweetspot the ledge with Diddy's recovery. I pretty much suck with the thing anyway though...

shanus

Smash Hero
Are we planning on fixing Diddy's recovery? In my opinion, it is currently a major problem.
It is not a problem when the player learns how to do it. Shortline recovers just fine at least 95% of the time with a sweetspot.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Did you add more gravity to falcon? I really don't like how heavy he feels and how weak his jumps feel. I feel like he is limited because he is cemented to the floor and I don't enjoy the way he plays anymore.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
It is not a problem when the player learns how to do it. Shortline recovers just fine at least 95% of the time with a sweetspot.
By sweetspot, do you mean having it end right before you hit the ledge? In my experience, it's the only way to land it with no ASL. It seemed perfectly masterable, but far harder than sweetspotting anyone elses recovery. The fact that you DIE if you mess it up is the completely ******** part. Simply going past the ledge is anyone else's penalty, and I can hardly call that fair.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
It may be avoidable with practice, but 95% of the time (I'm assuming w/o edge hogging/guarding) is 5% too low. If you are within range and no one is there to stop you, you should be able to recover 99% of the time and the last 1% should be due to stupid mistakes which happen every now and then. If MK had this recovery problem I would be fine, but last I checked, Diddy isn't God Tier, so in my opinion, it needs a fix.
That said, I would wait for Gecko OS 2.0 as we are running out of lines.

Alopex

Smash Ace
The point kupo brings up is a point I heard from two other people while showcasing Brawl+ at a fest.

Essentially, they said Falcon used to be able to do Double Aerials from a FH in Melee (I think they said he could do it in Brawl, too). Now he can only do one. They were uncertain if that was because he was falling too fast, because his aerials are too laggy, or both. But they were kind of leaning towards to heavy part, saying that Falcon should be a bit less heavy but still have a very fast FF.

Another thing they said was that Ganon's Jab is too fast. It's faster than it was in Melee, they said.

So those are two things I think we need to revisit.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
As for Ganon's jab, the hitbox comes out at the same speed, only the lag at the end is reduced. Frankly, he needs it.

I think it's fine.

Also, when I tested Falcon, he felt awesome to me, especially with momentum on. Then again, I usually don't use falcon.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Im gonna try my falcon.
Plussery's

Falcon
SH 0.9
FH 1.1
FF 1.15
Dgrav1.2
Grav 1.1

Falcon 091ACC70 (more float)

SH: .85
FH 1.15
FF: 1.2
Dg: 1.2
Grav 1.075

Falcon 091ACC60 (slightly more)
SH: .85
FH 1.15
FF: 1.2
Dg: 1.2
Grav 1.05

I've tried shanus falcon out for over a week and I'm just not satisfied. I like the 3rd listed value

shanus

Smash Hero
The point kupo brings up is a point I heard from two other people while showcasing Brawl+ at a fest.

Essentially, they said Falcon used to be able to do Double Aerials from a FH in Melee (I think they said he could do it in Brawl, too). Now he can only do one. They were uncertain if that was because he was falling too fast, because his aerials are too laggy, or both. But they were kind of leaning towards to heavy part, saying that Falcon should be a bit less heavy but still have a very fast FF.

Another thing they said was that Ganon's Jab is too fast. It's faster than it was in Melee, they said.

So those are two things I think we need to revisit.
Falcon can double uair in a full hop.

Case closed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom