• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close Combat: A Hand to Hand Tourney! CONGRATULATIONS TO SONIC STORM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I'm facing either Arch Knight or ATK TGK next round. I managed to beat Arch's MK with Sonic last time we Brawled, and I think the same goes for TGK - I know I won more matches than him in the only set we had. I'm certain this won't be an open-and-shut match, at least.
Iseewhatyoudidthere. :p

I am also not really losing sleep by the 2-3 on our previous playing. On the same breath, I don't look ahead on any opponent, so Arch Knight is in my sights next (when he decides to show up.)

Finally unlocked Sonic.
Ready to play Muffin now. D:<
Larn2homebrew son.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Eh, I'd say its procrastination with a side of lazy. Not as fun to get chars that way and SSE is boring.

Aibou

Smash Master
Why isn't Wario in this tournament?
See below.

Bike. You can throw it and abuse the wheels like I do.

This ^

Wheel combos are no joke.

Not sure why Sonic is allowed though.
The spring is really in the same boat as Bowser's Flame Breath: you can't camp with it, and it disappears over time. Compiling that with the fact that, with proper DI/evasion, you can't get comboed by it, it can't really be considered a projectile.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
Win over Arch Knight 2-1.

Marth pulls through!
Hoo boy. Is everyone ready for yet another Sonic v Marth match?

That was torture the first time. You gonna be OK, there Sonic Storm? You had better have taken notes from my short bursts of competence from our bout.

Ugh. I'm not participating and I feel ill at the prospect.

Aibou

Smash Master
Excellent. Everyone completed their matches before the deadline. Thank you all. Now to begin the semifinals. I'm about to put up the brackets in the third post. We may begin immediately. Good luck to the top four:thegreatkazoo, Sonic Storm, shadowfirex100, and myself.

LET THE SEMIFINALS BEGIN!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Hoo boy. Is everyone ready for yet another Sonic v Marth match?
Undoubtedly.

That was torture the first time. You gonna be OK, there Sonic Storm? You had better have taken notes from my short bursts of competence from our bout.
As long as I don't be stupid and not strike Battlefield against him.

Ugh. I'm not participating and I feel ill at the prospect.
I feel strangely calm, though. Maybe because I've faced more than enough Marths to know the general plan.

Against DK though, that's another matter.

Aibou

Smash Master
Your Ike will get no sympathy from me.

lulz Good Games bro. The first match was ****, but the second one was epic and a lot of fun. Pity side-b came out instead of up-b that time when I accidentally did that incomplete dancing blade on the last stock. That was supposed to be a friggin up-b but I panicked. You're very good.

Oh and for everyone, he beat me :metaknight: 2-0 :ike: :marth:

Marth did better than I thought he would though...

Aibou

Smash Master
ROUND 3 HAS ENDED! CONGTATULATIONS TO OUR FINALISTS:

Shadowfirex100: An early favorite who, as expected, beat his way through the rounds, even defeating the Tournament Host in the process. Now here he stands, in the Final Round, ready to claim victory!

Sonic Storm: An underdog of sorts of this tournament. He managed to make it to the final round, defeating some of the tournament's best in the process. He is a definite threat to the great Knubs (Shadowfirex100). Can he claim ultimate victory? Only time will tell!

And battling it out for the last spot on the winner's podium are two players who, though are strong, just couldn't make the cut. However, here they are, ready for the battle of the bronze. Who will take third place?

Aibou: Your gracious Tournament Host is here battling it out for third place. He showed tremendous spirit, defeating two very challenging opponents to make it to the semifinals. However not even he could stand the awesome power of Shadowfirex100. But he's here to redeem himself and claim a spot right next to the top two! Can he do it?

thegreatkazoo: Everyone's favorite mini mod. thegreatkazoo is an extremely talented player who had a rather difficult time in this tournament. He easily made his way to the semifinals, but was incapable of making it to his semifinal match, causing a disqualification. However, all is not lost for the SWF King of Hate. Can he defeat out Host and claim a top spot?

Battle For 1st and 2nd:

Shadowfirex100 vs Sonic Storm

Battle For 3rd and 4th:

Aibou vs thegreatkazoo

DEADLINE: January 1st, 2010

GOOD LUCK AND LET THE FINALS OF CLOSE COMBAT BEGIN!

Aibou

Smash Master
Oh wow. Great job then Josh! Congratz! And thank everyone for participating! :chuckle:

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
My Meta Knight is not that great. Lol.
I call projectile abuse in the air. :q

I'll get the results ready then.

EDIT:

CC: HTHT - 16
1st- Sonic Storm 1.6
2nd- Shadowfirex100 .8
3rd- Aibou .48
4th- TheGreatKazoo .16

Aibou

Smash Master
Results are in the third post.

Congratulations to Sonic Storm for winning! And thank everyone for participating in my first tournament!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I call projectile abuse in the air. :q

Hey, I get scared when Meta Knight D-throws me :v. I needed to bail out of there asap - I'm scared of followups.

And MK's sword is practically a projectile.

Oh yeah, confirming the win, lol. Good games, SogeK.

Aibou

Smash Master
TGK and I are about to play, so 3rd and 4th have yet to be determined for now.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Looks like they wrapped their match up as soon as you posted that, lol.

Moment of truth...

Aibou

Smash Master
I won :marth:3-1:marth: with some magical force. Seriously how the heck did I win?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom