• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close Combat: A Hand to Hand Tourney! CONGRATULATIONS TO SONIC STORM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
BRACKETS ARE UP! Check third post for information.
Excellent, let's take a looksee.

OBJECTION! That can't be right. I'm not bottom seeded.[/joke] (at least, I don't think I am...)

Twilight Prince, SoniKupo and Sonic Storm, I appreciate your votes of confidence (especially Twilight Prince, as I'm quite probably a total stranger to him). I promise I won't let you down. I seriously owe you all, like, a box of cookies or something.

After all, all I gotta do is one round, then the problem takes care of itself, right?

Anyway, I can't wait to get this party started.

And to everyone: I'm well aware why you'd put a post count restriction on a tourney. I ain't stupid ;). I just went for a failed "poor me, everyone picking on the noob" joke.

This is why I'm not a comedian. I'm really bad about knowing my audience.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
As expected, Sonic Storm wins, though I made it good to the last stock. Which, as far as I am concerned, is a successful outing for this venture.

2-1 Sonic Storm.

And OH BOY was it epic just trying to start the match. All four Wiimote batteries are dead, Drivers for PVR won't install, Wii can't find my router. Yeah. That was fun.

I have it recorded, but... I'm not sure you want to watch 15 minutes of lag for 15 minutes of fighting. (NOT JOHNNIG SINCE I'M NOT ATTRIBUTING MY LOSS TO THE LAG!) Though it did settle down a bit after the first round.

Then we had almost OK friendlies after. Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta go punch Murphy in the face.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
ENNH would have definitely won that set if he had reacted to Ike's f-airs in time and not dropped right into an F-smash. His Marth is just scary.

Completely destroyed my Sonic, my pride and joy ;_;

The laggiest match was on Battlefield though, Hombre. Coulnd't count how many times I missed BF's edge using Spin Dash, and had to struggle getting back up...

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Toilet Paper and I probably won't get the match done today.
But as he's using Ganon and I may go for dittos, the eventual matches will be epic.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
The laggiest match was on Battlefield though, Hombre. Coulnd't count how many times I missed BF's edge using Spin Dash, and had to struggle getting back up...
No kidding. We nearly timed out on that one. I've heard Sonic/Marth matches can be campfests, but throwing that lag on top was a bit much. Geeze, both of us were having severe problems with that one. Ugh.

I was severly tempted to just reset that one it was so bad.

His Marth is just scary.
You flatter me, sir. Had it lagged less, you would have seen exactly how not scary my Marth actually is.

Aibou

Smash Master
ENNH would have definitely won that set if he had reacted to Ike's f-airs in time and not dropped right into an F-smash. His Marth is just scary.

Completely destroyed my Sonic, my pride and joy ;_;

Funny, you never seem to struggle with my Marth. I think I've just been surpassed :(

Well good job to you Josh. And thank you both for doing your match quickly. DEADLINE IS MONDAY AND NO LATER! I'm gonna keep reminding people of that until the day comes. Just to be annoying. :p

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
But as he's using Ganon and I may go for dittos, the eventual matches will be epic.
Ganon dittos are the epitome of manhood, they are a way of life. Accept this notion, or be forever shunned...

No kidding. We nearly timed out on that one. I've heard Sonic/Marth matches can be campfests, but throwing that lag on top was a bit much. Geeze, both of us were having severe problems with that one. Ugh.
Sonic/Marth and Sonic/G&W matches are the longest of any matches, always. I think the clock was at 50 seconds when you finished it up.

I was severly tempted to just reset that one it was so bad.
Well, you had mentioned that your router was acting funky tonight, so it was probably still getting used to the connection when we had our first match. It seemed to clear up on FD (irony) though.

You flatter me, sir. Had it lagged less, you would have seen exactly how not scary my Marth actually is.
You proved to me that all Marth needs to win is his Dancing Blade, F-smash, f-air, and n-air. I was a nonbeliever beforehand.

Funny, you never seem to struggle with my Marth. I think I've just been surpassed :(
You used Marth against me?

Aibou

Smash Master
You used Marth against me?

A few times. Only one against Sonic though. It was on Lylat Cruise. I remember it took so long that I wanted to throw myself out of the window. Though I believe I won it in the end, it looks like you had a harder time with Hombre's Marth *pouts*

TP

Smash Master
Kofu and I will have to play another time. Unfortunately, I'm busy all of tomorrow, but Saturday I am completely free. Kofu, please go Ganon (it's your call though) and save the replays. It'll be epic. We can also do Jiggs dittos if you want.

:034:

Aibou

Smash Master
Kofu and I will have to play another time. Unfortunately, I'm busy all of tomorrow, but Saturday I am completely free. Kofu, please go Ganon (it's your call though) and save the replays. It'll be epic. We can also do Jiggs dittos if you want.

No need to rush. You have until Monday to do your match. Just do it on time and everything will be fine. :)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Ganon dittos sound good. Unfortunately they'll need to be 3 minutes or shorter since my Wii isn't hacked. :p

Maybe Jiggs dittos too, spacing wars!

Aibou

Smash Master
Ganon dittos sound good. Unfortunately they'll need to be 3 minutes or shorter since my Wii isn't hacked. :p

Maybe Jiggs dittos too, spacing wars!
You don't have to record the match, you know.

TP

Smash Master
You don't have to record the match, you know.
But we WANT too.

If we do Ganon dittos, I guarantee they will be under 3 minutes. If your Ganon dittos are lasting longer than that, you aren't doing it right. Jiggs dittos are another story.

Anyway, we can play tomorrow at any time Kofu, just VM me with a time slot and I'll be there.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
Sonic/Marth and Sonic/G&W matches are the longest of any matches, always. I think the clock was at 50 seconds when you finished it up.
:53.66, to be precise.

Well, you had mentioned that your router was acting funky tonight, so it was probably still getting used to the connection when we had our first match. It seemed to clear up on FD (irony) though.
SOCKETS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! GOODNIGHT!

I'm telling you, Murphy had it out for me that day, and you just happened to be in the way as well.

You proved to me that all Marth needs to win is his Dancing Blade, F-smash, f-air, and n-air. I was a nonbeliever beforehand.
That's a nice way of saying "you spam too much" :(
; )

But we WANT too.
Sonic Storm and I also have our match recorded. They're currently sitting on YouTube waiting to be marked public so the world can see my failure of a Marth.

I don't know the proper etiquette of posting them, so if someone would elucidate me on the proper protocol (e.g. when should I "publish" the match?) I would greatly appreciate it.

From our VMs it seems he's chomping at the bit to show the Ike boards, so an answer would be appreciated.

Aibou

Smash Master
Sonic Storm and I also have our match recorded. They're currently sitting on YouTube waiting to be marked public so the world can see my failure of a Marth.

I don't know the proper etiquette of posting them, so if someone would elucidate me on the proper protocol (e.g. when should I "publish" the match?) I would greatly appreciate it.

I would like to see them when they are public. Link them to me whenever possible.

TP

Smash Master
The general rule of thumb is that unless one of the players specifically wants videos to stay off of Youtube, you can and should get them up ASAP and post them in the relevant threads(s), in this case this thread.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
confirming... SogeK beat me. I :ike: failed at first (I got three stocked)... then it was a close match :falcon: vs :marth:... we were both in our third stock at 0%... but ShadowFire came out on top. GGs, man. GGs.

Aibou

Smash Master
Alright. Good job shadowfire :)

Btw if anyone wants to change their character roster, just say so. I just added :marth: and :ike: to mine.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Now just to pass this on to the proper authorities:

Cleo55 heavily hinted to me personally that she may call the match I have against her a walkover in my favor (I'll get the link up when I get a chance).

Aibou

Smash Master
Now just to pass this on to the proper authorities:

Cleo55 heavily hinted to me personally that she may call the match I have against her a walkover in my favor (I'll get the link up when I get a chance).
What's your point?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
What's your point?
Does she want to make this official or what? She has yet to contact me for setting up the match, though you definitely know I have been on here for a very long time in the past week...plus, she hasn't left me anything on any of my IMs...:confused:

Aibou

Smash Master
Does she want to make this official or what? She has yet to contact me for setting up the match, though you definitely know I have been on here for a very long time in the past week...plus, she hasn't left me anything on any of my IMs...:confused:
If she doesn't contact you, then she will forfeit. She has until Monday.

TP

Smash Master
I beat Kofu 2-0. He's REALLY good, I just got lucky. GGs. He knows how to do **** that I wish I could do (Flipman, footstool kills, etc.)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
If I had gone Bowser I probably would have won though. GGs, I had fun.

I think I finally figured out why I'm so bad against Ice Climbers: I get grabbed WAY too often. I can count the number of times I grabbed you on one hand lol

Those footstool kills were sheer dumb luck, although I'd like to learn how to do them better. And I can only Flipman off of the right side of the stage lol

TP

Smash Master
If I had gone Bowser I probably would have won though. GGs, I had fun.

I think I finally figured out why I'm so bad against Ice Climbers: I get grabbed WAY too often. I can count the number of times I grabbed you on one hand lol

Those footstool kills were sheer dumb luck, although I'd like to learn how to do them better. And I can only Flipman off of the right side of the stage lol
I wasn't trying against your Bowser at all. I was spamming choke the entire match. In a serious match it would be all Dtilt all day.

Back when the Ganon board had awards for all sorts of different things, I had the "Best grabber" award. To this day, I've never met another Ganon who lands or attempts half the grabs I do. I like grabbing because I have a hard time keeping up with a fast paced match, and landing grabs gives me a chance to catch my breath.

If you have any replays and can put them on Youtube, feel free to do so. I have replays of our tourney matches and a couple other matches (such as when I Ganoncided your Fox way below the stage), but I don't have any way to upload them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom