• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
LOL i d probably get JV 5 stocked if i play barwl against you

yupp rules sound good just remember an extra gba
try and come early if u can, i get azn parents'd alot...:(
Well, at least one match lol.

Also for pkmn, wanna make it interesting? 50 CENT MM!!?!?!

buenob

Smash Lord
so i 3-1'd haze in our brawl league match today... hi-def had to leave early so we didn't get ours in, and knuckles was at work that lazy -- guy... ariel - i might be able to get ours in tomorrow before 6pm... you in, or do you have school johns? (msg me, we'll figure something out... ie. if i should go to your place or vice versa, if its even possible)

ps - i have been playing terrible lately... i would suggest people play me soon to see how not to play rob lol

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Ben- Ah, I was hoping for some Diddy action.

@Alan- As per a request, I officially challenge you to a $2 Items MM!

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I see what you're trying to do. You're trying to appeal to my haughty(+atk, -spd) nature so that I will increase the challenge money. Then you plan on showing your moves and taking all the money from me. But -- I have no weakness!

Alright, $5 is it then.

Also, it wasn't my idea to challenge you to an items MM. Like I said, it was requested.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Well, at least one match lol.

Also for pkmn, wanna make it interesting? 50 CENT MM!!?!?!
wut, arent u like 3rd or something on the ottawa brawl PR? loll and im like 13th? such a wide gap in terms of skills. it ll be cake beating me at brawl :p

50 CENT MM? HELLZ YA, YOU RE ON! how much more interesting can it get than that? LOL

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Well im friggen excited for tmr!
Kk I ll bring my cartridge, some money for MMs, and possibly get some treats/snacks for everyone again lol
I have to leave at like 8:30ish so please come before then for some league matches! >_<

buenob

Smash Lord
epic matches vs. dk... he was up 2-1 at one point

i had blood-loss johns, but he was out-playing me for the first half by far... even beat me on FD (+1 awesome for ariel)

i'll be back mid sunday if anyone wants to superbowl party... and by superbowl party i mean play some brawl :)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I have predictable gameplay johns =P

But srsly, ggs. I'll take what you said into consideration and improve my game, so thank you!

Your brawl/party combo sounds rather inviting, but I (finally) have community service work! A church called me and asked me to watch over several small children while their parents study the bible for a large part of Sunday. No they don't know me. Yes it's weird, but I need the hours for school, since hours are pretty much what's holding me back from a diploma >_>

On that note, if anyone wants to sign my community service hours and say I did work for you, that'd be pretty cool.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Hey guys! How have you all been? Sign me up for tonight. I'll try to get there early to do league matches. :D

Also, what happened last week that made you have to cancel, Cam? Is everything ok?

PND

Smash Champion
Riley and Bryant are working tonight, so they won't be coming. I probably won't be either. (No ride, and I'd rather not use my last bus tickets >_> I need them)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
This bi-weekly is going to have < 6 people. I think this is the perfect time to have a Brawl Soccer tournament.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Yo thanks for dropping by al, and good matches. I just wanted to say that I would no longer want to $5 MM you. I know I wasnt playing my best but even if I was I still think I would get wrecked.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the great smashfest Fogel!

Shoutouts go to:

BL!TZ – dayum I guess we ll have a better set next time lol GG man your falcon definitely got better :)

Fogel – thanks for hosting for the billionth time lol good set man, always close and intense matches as usual XD

CHAOSvsORDER – lolololol stupid link cable….johns….you never got to see my last pokemon LOL, look for another cable….in the meantime….i think I ll start playing this competitively naow as well as think of creative names for my dudes hahaha

Linkshot – you sir, are amazing at barwl, I got *****…we never got to have our low tier melee match :(

Chlor0form – Thanks for actually showing up hahaha, I can tell Charlesz now that you actually exist lol good games btw, i want to play your Doc sometime

The guy who mains Yoshi…I think acjamn2? – good games man, we gotta talk about games some other time, cuz I knew every single game you were talking about XD

To the rest of you guys, thanks for hyping up the smashfest it was pretty fun :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
A couple of things:

I updated the league site with results that I know of until today. Double-check and let me know if I missed anything.

I start a new job as of next week, but it's further from my house. It will take me longer to get to/from work, so there's no way I'll be able to be home by 5 anymore. As for now, start times for Friday nights are now 6pm. Sorry for those who have to leave early, but it's impossible for me to be home for 5 at this point.

Next, and most importantly, I'm going to stop hosting Smash events soon. When I do something, I like to do it well, and I can't say it's been like that for Smash for me recently. I haven't seriously been trying at Smash, either Melee or Brawl, for a few months now. I feel like I've been coasting along, not really participating on the boards, and being mediocre at best in both games.

The last time I was really serious was when I was practicing and playing a lot last summer. I read a lot of matchup and character threads, watched videos, went out of town for tourneys as much as possible, and played a bit online, all in addition to Friday night stuff. I've thought about it a lot recently, and I don't see myself devoting that kind of time to Smash again anytime soon, and I feel I should spend the time I devote to Smash right now on something else.

As a host, I don't think I've been that great recently either. I've had to skip things due to other events (due to me putting Smash at a low priority), I've been late responding to PMs from new people trying to get involved, and I don't even talk with you guys on the boards much anymore. The community deserves better, and I hope someone with more enthusiasm and motivation than me is willing to take over. Melee has Cman who can host sometimes, but I hope someone else will step up and host Brawl events as well.

I'd like to at least finish this season's league, and then maybe I'll host a final biweekly, then that'll be it for me. I may stop in periodically, kind of like Orlando does now, but aside from that I don't think I'll be involved in things anymore.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Shout-outs:

Al- Yes, I'll try to get a better cable for next time. I'm glad I inspired you to get awesome names =P I doubt I'll change my team around except for Vaporeon and finishng the EVs on Metagross.

Chris- If you're just going to be into Smash64, could you show me the ropes?

Orlando- Epic matches! Very close, but I had stage advantage at the end. Was surprsied by the lack of Guile though.

Andrew- As always, a pleasure to see you, though I'm not sure we even played, lol

Randy- SF2 crews next time for sure.

Alan- GGs, but the title of 'Ottawa Item King' is now in my hands.

Arin(SP?)- Welcome to the Ottawa Smash scene! I'm not sure we played, but still, it was pretty cool hanging out with you.

Malcolm(SP?)- Welcome to the Ottawa Smash scene! I really do hope we can see you more often, since we need more D3 and more importantly, you were an interesting guy(that needs to be louder =P).

Harold- You're not going to read this, but your Lucas just can't keep up with me anymore. Yes I play DK/Wario/Luigi, but there's no tier johns when my Mario trumps you =)

EDIT:

@Cam- It's a little sad, but a little good at the same time. Congratulations on the new job!

Also, you've always been a great host imo. I do hope someone can host some brawl regularly though. In anycase, keep in touch?

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Huge thanks to cam, if it was for him I wouldn't have gotten to know the smash scene in Ottawa. GG's

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Cam, I owe you a crapload of thanks. Not just for hosting but for always being an all-around cool guy, whether it was helping with Brawl advice, playing SF2 with, or the random BlazBlue matches that had a tendency to turn into Tager dittos. And plus, without you hosting, I never would've met most of the crew here. I admit I'm a little sad that you're stopping since your place was the easiest for me to get to, but I understand and respect your decision, and just would hope that you'll keep in touch with us through here when you can.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
I cant deny that im a little sad about this, but overall its good for you Cam
Tell us when you re going to be hosting your last smashfest >_<
You ve been a really cool guy, always giving me advice and overall just being really cool about everything
If it weren’t for you, I would not have gotten this far with my melee skillz lol /jokes
I would not have met all the other cool people that attended your smashfests and made awesome friends
Personally, i thought you were pretty good at melee >_<
All in all, the smash community of Ottawa owes you a huge thanks…maybe we should all plan something special for the last smashfest or something….like a huge party or something iunno…
Good luck with your new job, I hope you do well
Thanks for being the best host evar

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Thanks so much for everything Cam and good luck with you new job and your future endeavors.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Thanks for the well-wishes, guys!

I am getting from the replies that people may be confused as to what's going on for events in the near future - I will still be hosting things for now. As I mentioned, I want to finish up the league at least, so smashfests/biweeklies will be on for the next 3 weeks. The last one would be the 26th. The schedule will look like this:

12th - Biweekly (since nothing happened last Friday)
19th - Smashfest - do your best to finish all league matches on this date if possible
26th - Final Biweekly - league matches are due by the end of the smashfest

After that I'll do a final update on the league standings, and that will be it for me. I'd encourage someone to step up and run future seasons once I'm gone - the league seems good for the community. We're seeing new people, and it provides competition for the scene. It's not too hard to keep the site up-to-date, and someone better at Web stuff than I am could probably code something to make it even easier.

infomon

Smash Scientist
oh wow, I found my answer here.

Thanx for everything Cam, ottawa smashfests were tooooooooooo good.

If anyone decides to carry on with Ottawa smashfests, they can take my TV from Cam's basement. Alternatively I'll pick it up sometime when I'm in town, idk when I'll be in town next tho.

miss u guys :o

buenob

Smash Lord
a) i'll take on infzy's tv, i don't have a crt :( lol.. unless someone else needs it
b) I'll try to host things, but my place is a bit far for some... I'll see what I can do... I kind of enjoy going out friday nights too, so i'm not the most reliable person
c) cam you are a beast!!!2 its been great playing with you, and you definitely are the reason there is still a smash community in ottawa... I hope you keep in touch regardless

IvanEva

Smash Ace
You're dead to me Cameron! DEAD! You're a greedy ******* that does not deserve our presence! Why we put up with you to begin with is beyond me! We've gone out of our way to treat you to some games and for what!? For you to just BAIL on us!? May you rot in hell and burn for your greedy sins!

If you were half the Smasher that I was Cam, you would continue!

Fogel

Smash Lord
a) i'll take on infzy's tv, i don't have a crt :( lol.. unless someone else needs it
b) I'll try to host things, but my place is a bit far for some... I'll see what I can do... I kind of enjoy going out friday nights too, so i'm not the most reliable person
c) cam you are a beast!!!2 its been great playing with you, and you definitely are the reason there is still a smash community in ottawa... I hope you keep in touch regardless
re: a) If you have a way of getting it back to your place, you're welcome to it :)
c) Yes, same. If nothing else, I'll need to give those Go books back to you eventually. I've gone through all but two of them so far (Go Problems v4 is still too tough for me, and I haven't gotten around to reading Attack & Kill yet, but will soon).

You're dead to me Cameron! DEAD! You're a greedy ******* that does not deserve our presence! Why we put up with you to begin with is beyond me! We've gone out of our way to treat you to some games and for what!? For you to just BAIL on us!? May you rot in hell and burn for your greedy sins!

If you were half the Smasher that I was Cam, you would continue!
Fail troll is fail?

Top Bottom