• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 4: Town wins (Xiivi rules)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Lol@ Moose hopping the wagon after posting no content all days.

Steel and Gheb should be more active sick of having inactive vets.

Unvote
Vote Steel

Plan on playing the game bro, or are you going to cost as scum the whole time.

You should all be ****ing ashamed of yourselves. You keep mentioning me as scum etc, when I'm scumhunting and saying Steel as well, and letting him SUPER COAST all of D1.

Town failed D1 no matter who we lynch today.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Gheb I know you posted recently but you're WAY more active then this is other games.

@ Newbies, I know you're all comfortable with each other but I'd like you to cast aside all metagaming and look at Moose's, Arrow's, Guide's and Steel's play.

All four of them have been been scummy and I've pointed out the reasons why.

The majority of the votes and pressure has been done with Summoner complaining of my seemingly "erratic" voting style and posting habits. He is not used to my style of play and therefore has disagreed with it. Although he hasn't posted a STRONG case he has still done so. The newbies whom are familer with him and/or at least a newbie themselves have latched onto this offering no information.

The major components being Arrow, and Guide whom have also received a lot of flak. This is a common tactic of deflecting.

Steel is mentioned by almost all of these aforementioned players but has been inactive since basically the first three days of the game, and no one has batted an eye.

Fail town, ascend to my echelon take my hand and win this game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I know I said that I was going to make a big post today, but its going to have to wait until tomorrow night. I've been drafted by my neighbors to help out with snow removal tonight/tomorrow.

Plows haven't reached our street yet, so we have to dig ourselves out before the next 10-20 inches.
Since this STILL hasn't happened and I've been waiting for you to take a stance all day my vote on you is cemented. You have stalled the progress of the game all day so I'm fine with you dead. After you're dead we can start pushing cases harder toMorrow.

At the risk of buddying with arrow some more I am going to go with KevinM for this. You ask for people to post more information and what not and yet you are full of one liners yourself. This I usually wouldn't mind but the way you seem to be jumping on some people for one post.

Basicly the same as steel but you have been doing it more

Vote KevinM
Horrible reason to vote him. You basically admit to have buddied arrow all day and vote him for something other people have done a lot more than him? If we're going to talk about people not giving us information then we should mention The_Guide, Clowntosman, §teel and yourself first.

THAT'S HALF OF THE GAME AND YOU VOTE KEVINM OF ALL PEOPLE OVER THEM???

You are extremely scummy. You just misused a vote for a potentially pivotal lynch on D1 by putting a veteran player at L-2 when there are people who are much better lynch. That's like a golden opportunity to get rid of a potential threat - scum or dumb?

Gheb I know you posted recently but you're WAY more active then this is other games.
Not in my recent games but point taken.

I'd like to see a votecount though I don't think lynching Kevin is the right way to go guys. I challange Arrow and undead_moose in particular in what way Kevin is a good lynch over The_Guide, §teel or undead_moose. I don't think anybody can.

Kevin, you say you think one of §teel, Arrow, Guide or Moose should be lynched but choose to vote the only one of them who currently has no votes? Guide, Arrow and Moose all have votes on them unlike Steel. Don't you think it's kind of ... ineffective to vote the one who is not only not the most suspicious (imo) but also the one who's less likely to be lynched this time? Swords and Kevin should hop back to the guide wagon, if Kevin still ends up being lynched we pretty much have guaranteed scum on D2 (if Kev flips town).

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If you think I've been "inactive" that's mainly because I'm not quite as active as I used to be. I'm still posting on a daily basis and try to give as much info as I can. However, I also feel that it's hard to be active when I have to repeat the same old points about people stalling, coasting and fence-sitting. The majority of players have not really responded to my points and I feel that I've had very little interaction with most players as a result. This is usually not the case with my playstyle - this also happened in Monster Mafia and I think the best thing right now would be to just see a flip. In that game seeing a flip worked wonders at a time the game seemed to stangate.

Seriously, the best thing we can do right now is to lynch people who are inactive (Steel, Clowntos) or people who feign activity (Guide, Moose) and see the flip / who voted whom / argued for whom to be lynched.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd also like to advice everybody who advocates the lynch of a relatively vocal player to read through Left4Scum and see what happened here. We lynched players who were actively trying to hunt scum but said things that rubbed us the wrong way - meanwhile we allowed people to coast through the whole game which completely destroyed us in lylo.

Summoner has argued so much with Kevin and has given us so much info to work with that it would be bad to lynch either of them toDay. If one of them is scum then I think we'll find out sooner or later based on the work previously done. We will never get that info from people who refuse to be helpful and it'll hurt us a lot more later in the game.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Blah, I thought the deadline was midnight when I went to sleep>_> We've got a nl today guys, deadline was noon EST which was about 20 minutes ago. I promise to be more active tomorrow, I got kinda busy for a couple days after my replace-in, but I'll be good to go tomorrow.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry that I never got to make that post I promised. The power at my house went out (I think a line went down near where I live). I'm posting this from a friend's house atm. I have to leave here soon, so I don't know the next time I'll be able to post.

I haven't finished reading whats been going on lately, but I suspect that I was the one voted out. This really wouldn't surprise me, as even I think that my posts were scummy, looking back on them.

Even if I haven't been voted out, I'd like to drop from the game. The way things have been going where I live, I won't have much time to post anyways.

I'd like to thank everyone in the game for playing with me. Even though I put forth a horrible showing, I got to learn to basic do's and don'ts of mafia. Hopefully, my next game won't be quite as bad.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Request Deadline extention

I thought it was at midnight also tom, could you give us until tonight at least?

@moose Wow, i see you don't want to get on Arrow's bad side or the Guide's bad side, so you vote kevin.

@guide Well, i'm sorry it didn't turn out so good for you. Even if this was your first game, i hope you will join another one here soon! :)

Let's lynch arrow or Moose, maybe the guide/Steel.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
hi I'm posting on my phone and will have zero access until Saturday. that means I won't be here to help finalize any lynch. people suspicious of me need to see the difference between pressuring someone to make scum crack and mindless scum band wagoning. also band wagons aren't bad at all, they're pressure tools. gheb you felt my actions vs swords were justified when it was occuring so I'm unsure why you suddenly think it's scummy now. I apologize for missing the crucial part of day 1 and I won't be voting for anyone though if u all decide to go back to arrow it is fine by me.

good luck townies
If you all did not notice, §teel is blatantly V/LA until Saturday as of this post.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
KevinM (3) xXArrowXx, SummonerAU, undead_moose
xXArrowXx (2) mentosman8, SwordsRbroken
The_Guide (1) Gheb_01
§teel (1) KevinM

Not voting (2) §teel, The_Guide

The group of chefs decided that they could not decide who would take the first bite from the cake. Instead, they ordered a round of water to whet their palates.

Day 1 ends without a lynch.
Night actions are due in 48 hours.

Notes from the mod: Remember that this is a game for newbies - if you are a vet and I feel that you are not fostering friendly game-play, I will remove you from the game and replace you with someone who will.

If you know that you are going to be going on vacation, you should take that into consideration when joining a game.

There will be no deadline extension because there was not one requested until the deadline had basically already passed. The town needs to play with a sense of urgency and with constant activity or else they will lose, and if the mafia stagnates the game without getting caught then they deserve their prize.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
All chefs are served a glass of water. Many of them hesitate, looking at each other to make sure they aren't the first to drink. One raises his glass to his mouth slowly, and the others all do they same; he lowers his, and everyone else lowers theirs. Finally, SummonerAU drinks his water. Everyone hesitates, waiting... and after nothing happens to him, they all drink theirs. AND THEN HE DIES! AND EVERYONE FREAKS OUT!

SummonerAU, vanilla townie, drank poisoned water!

But everyone else's water was pure.

Night 1 ends.

Day 2 begins.

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, February 24th Noon EST.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Oi, bungie sucks for making that endure vidmaster achievement......

Thoughts about the nightkill anyone?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
it figures summonner would be killed,
lessens the resistance against my lynch and he was a good townie. why would mafia waste a kill on me when i could get lynched by town =P

we really should have lynched someone yesterday -.- i would have really pushed it if everyone wasn't going for me or moose :/

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Arrow why are you so much against lynching moose? Don't come with this "buddy" crap plz there has to be more to it.

Vote The_Guide

Same reasons as yesterDay. Posting an "I apologize" post (conveniently after deadline's over) isn't enough to convince me.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Arrow why are you so much against lynching moose? Don't come with this "buddy" crap plz there has to be more to it.

Vote The_Guide

Same reasons as yesterDay. Posting an "I apologize" post (conveniently after deadline's over) isn't enough to convince me.

You realize that I withdrew from the game, right?

And I'm sorry, but I had a perfectly legitimate excuse for being inactive. Going without power/dealing with the biggest blizzard in a hundred years trumps dealing with an online game.

What do you want me to do, walk half-way across the city to get to a working computer?

>_>

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Meta-Kirby has informed me that he cannot replace The_Guide.

Contacting Kirbyoshi.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well i suspose moose could be mafia. but since he did stick his neck out for me it seems to atleast me hes not. i dont really have a big deal feeling that way because its only one vote. if eveyone else votes him i would be fine with town decided yet i wouldn't vote for him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Arrow, Guide, or Moose today.

Simple as that.

Fail town still.

Vote Moose

Moose is scummy as shieettt.

Steel can die also.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Summoner dying makes me a sad panda I shall miss the old fisherman.

@KevinM
Me hopping on the bandwagon? I think not
I was unaware fence sitting was shamed upon in mafia

Top lychpool issss

1.Steel
2.kevinM
3SummonerAU but thats because i am always suss of summoner hahahaha either him or clown.
I had already stated that you were on my top 3 list for lynching and seeming as no one was voting for steel and there was a considerable wagon for you I decided to change my vote onto you. I was pretty sure you would of noticed that given your playstyle instead of @lol at moose.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Why do you guys keep voting Kevin when the case stacked against him isn't very good?

mentoscum needs to post.

Moose and Arrow need to say why they are suspicious of KevinM. But for now, unvote Vote: Moose.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

Steel and Gheb should be more active sick of having inactive vets.

Unvote
Vote Steel

Plan on playing the game bro, or are you going to cost as scum the whole time.

You should all be ****ing ashamed of yourselves. You keep mentioning me as scum etc, when I'm scumhunting and saying Steel as well, and letting him SUPER COAST all of D1.

Town failed D1 no matter who we lynch today.
kev i really didn't like this post, and not in any OMGUS way possible. not only did you know i was v/la judging by one of your previous posts, but you basically did a complete 180 and voted me when i wasn't even on your scum pool. it seems this was out of a panic because people started to vote you and so you tried to sway town with going after the inactive.

@ Newbies, I know you're all comfortable with each other but I'd like you to cast aside all metagaming and look at Moose's, Arrow's, Guide's and Steel's play.

All four of them have been been scummy and I've pointed out the reasons why.
agreed with the first part. no, you never explained why i'm scummy unless it's just cus i was inactive.

Since this STILL hasn't happened and I've been waiting for you to take a stance all day my vote on you is cemented. You have stalled the progress of the game all day so I'm fine with you dead. After you're dead we can start pushing cases harder toMorrow.
gheb do you really think the guide is probably scum or just blatantly unhelpful? i'm glad you aren't letting anyone go under the radar but im a little confused on why you were pushing him

Summoner dying makes me a sad panda I shall miss the old fisherman.
didn't like this course it could just be moose being moose. you didn't really give any input and just said it makes you "sad"

for the record i kinda think guide and arrow and MAYBE moose? are town. though im not set on moose and i really want to see more from him. him buddying with arrow is the most unhelpful thing in this game and it needs to stop immediately.

as for the night kill

all summoner did was tunnel on kevin. if we wanted to take something out of this night kill decision, does anyone want to talk about kevin maybe eliminating the main contributer of his wagon and also one who was defending arrow, one of kevins lynch targets? if kevin was town why would mafia eliminate a townie who is dead set on lynching kevin?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Arrow, Guide, or Moose today.

Simple as that.

Fail town still.

Vote Moose

Moose is scummy as shieettt.

Steel can die also.
So rushy. dont u have something to say about the night kill scum?
Vote: KevinM
FoS Arrow

This stood out to nobody? He immediately votes Kevin after Kevin legitimately votes Moose. In case you didn't realize it moose was one of the top suspects of me, swords and I think §teel and Kevin yesterDay. That vote didn't come out of nowhere I'm sure.

Especially after posting this:

well i suspose moose could be mafia. but since he did stick his neck out for me it seems to atleast me hes not. i dont really have a big deal feeling that way because its only one vote. if eveyone else votes him i would be fine with town decided yet i wouldn't vote for him.
That's too much buddying for my liking. "He doesn't vote me so he's on my side". That's your whole point and it's neither helpful in terms of scumhunting nor true in the first place. The only thing is does is to unnessecarily clear moose.

gheb do you really think the guide is probably scum or just blatantly unhelpful? i'm glad you aren't letting anyone go under the radar but im a little confused on why you were pushing him
People can - and often do - look suspicious when hunting scum. Even when they're actually town. That's why I was all for cutting arrow some slack yesterDay because I felt he was doing a lot more for the game's progress. Same for moose, who did more for this game than Guide and Clowntosman.

Unhelpful and scummy often go hand in hand in my arguments I agree with this and I often use them too interchangably on D1. I still think that 1) fence-sitting 2) stalling and 3) posting fluff on D1 are a legitimate scum-tells if they all go together. I can't remeber Guide taking a clear stance on most players, I remember him not voting by the end of the day and don't I remember him making a legitimate case on ANYONE. That looks to me like the overly careful newbie-scum trying to avoid attention at all costs.

Him replacing out after my case doesn't sit well with me either. I mean I'm sorry if I've been too harsh on him but replacing out because of "my argument" looks really weak :ohwell:

all summoner did was tunnel on kevin. if we wanted to take something out of this night kill decision, does anyone want to talk about kevin maybe eliminating the main contributer of his wagon and also one who was defending arrow, one of kevins lynch targets? if kevin was town why would mafia eliminate a townie who is dead set on lynching kevin?
Too much WIFOM involved.

Unvote Vote Mentosman

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wtf Steel why would you even suggest arguing it? Discussing NKs is pure speculation and pretty much an auto-guaranteed trap for a newbie to fall into. Drop it.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I can't remeber Guide taking a clear stance on most players, I remember him not voting by the end of the day and don't I remember him making a legitimate case on ANYONE. That looks to me like the overly careful newbie-scum trying to avoid attention at all costs.
true actually. he followed me a LOT d1, whether i was voting someone or unvoting someone he pretty much followed me. but i thought it was just a timid noob trying to stay out of the spotlight. but is that cus hes town and doesnt want to be lynched or that hes scum

ill have to think about it ill have more later

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
More pressure votes on mentos please. Hasn't done much after replacing in after pounding a vote on the guy who got most of the hate on D1 anyways.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
@gheb i was asked to say something about the night kill, i should have specified that was all you could really take from it and agreed it's far too wifom. note that i didnt vote kevin for it, as that'd be a stupid reason to do so. just food for thought.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So why would you bring up the dear god wifom that you would never get caught making a case with in a game of newbies?

Hoping for a wagon?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i voted for kevin because of is narrow mindness, with is a techinue the mafia use to control town, thats why i voted for him along with the reasons on D1. imagine if the guide me and moose were all town. with that being said all those people have made mistakes.
seel seems to agree with the possiblity.. just seems like a mafia trying to gain trust with townies when the guide me or moose get lynched eventually.
Fos: Steel

also i do not think moose is mafia by gut feeling and playing games previously with him. its not as simple as he didn't vote for me.

well if kevinm is mafia then it makes sense aswell. the night kill that is.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
So why would you bring up the dear god wifom that you would never get caught making a case with in a game of newbies?

Hoping for a wagon?
nope. giving people something to talk about since they wanted to discuss the night kill

seel seems to agree with the possiblity.. just seems like a mafia trying to gain trust with townies when the guide me or moose get lynched eventually.
wait... what? me thinking you three are probably town is scummy? -_-

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
nope. giving people something to talk about since they wanted to discuss the night kill

wait... what? me thinking you three are probably town is scummy? -_-
Overly defensive on the second part, terrible explanation on the first.

Steel should go today.

i voted for kevin because of is narrow mindness, with is a techinue the mafia use to control town, thats why i voted for him along with the reasons on D1. imagine if the guide me and moose were all town. with that being said all those people have made mistakes.

also i do not think moose is mafia by gut feeling and playing games previously with him. its not as simple as he didn't vote for me.

well if kevinm is mafia then it makes sense aswell. the night kill that is.
This whole post is simply wrong.

You said I have narrowmindedness but have openly discussed multiple possibilites of scum in the same post. I have no idea where you thought this post was going to work.

Stop dealing with Night Kill wifom it will blind you.

Stop buddying moose it will hurt you.

Unvote
Vote Steel.

Top Bottom