• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 4: Town wins (Xiivi rules)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok Summoner thank-you for making your case, if you'll excuse me I'm not going to make ANOTHER defense saying the same thing because all it does is convulute the original arguments.

Would really like a lot more from Gheb and Steel but considering Steel is V/LA we'll have to wait a little bit.

Unvote
Vote Clownbot

Don't really like how quick you were to jump onto why you were on his suspect list. Any particular reason you were so jumpy?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
As I said before, Kevin, I was only curious. To elaborate, wouldn't you be curious as to why someone found you suspicious if they ranked you in such a way without saying why?

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
i also forgot to mention if the bandwagon is on a innocent arrow or moose
a smart mafia would kill the other one (meaning the one that didn't get lynched). unless they worked out a power role. leaving town with less info and risk of losing power roles (but that goes without saying, but i say it anyway)
Unless one of the two of you is mafia. Also, if the innocent one of the two of you (ignoring the fact that you might both be innocent or guilty) is lynched, this will give the mafia affiliated member of your team a great advantage. If one of you flips town, its an immediate plus for the other, since you both have been seen defending each other.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
undead_moose (2) Clownbot, Gheb_01
§teel (2) SwordsRbroken, undead_moose
KevinM (2) SummonerAU, xXArrowXx
Clownbot (1) KevinM

Not voting (2) §teel, The_Guide

Activity Log:
February 09: Clownbot, KevinM, xXArrowXx, SummonerAU, undead_moose, The_Guide
February 07: §teel, Gheb_01
February 06:
INACTIVE: SwordsRbroken

With 9 players alive, it takes a majority of 5 to lynch a chef!
A deadline has been set for Thursday, February 11th, Noon EST!

Awesome activity, everyone except SwordsRbroken.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Unvote

I think The_Guide, Clownbot or undead_moose are the best lynches toDay. All 3 of them have been posting very little of substance - that falls into the category "feigning activity" in my book, especially in Clownbot's case who hasn't been helpful at all. The only suspect he has even remotely bothered to elaborate on was undead_moose. His other picks were §teel and Arrow - two relatively popular targets at that time and he didn't post reasons for either of them. Coupled with fence-sitting or being wishy-washy most of toDay we have 3 players who've been largely passive in terms of scumhunting and opportunistic when it came to place their votes.

I think Arrow has received more suspicion than he actually deserves. Putting Swords at L-2 looks a lot less suspicious in retrospect and I think most of the suspicions against him were based on that. I think it's his poor wording that rubs people the wrong way - he seems to have problems getting his points across. Point is that he's been actively trying to find scum so far, has voiced his suspicions pretty clearly and has remained consistent. That's good enough for me, especially since a lot of people have openly called him a good lynch choice. I think smaller scumteams (which is most likely the case with only 9 players) would rather avoid bussing on D1 so I'd neglect that possibility for now (unless somebody convinces me otherwise).

@Summoner

Earlier toDay you were pretty vocal about §teel being one of your top suspects but you seemed to have dropped that almost completely and you're mainly after Kevin now. Any particular reason for that? In a game where a bus kills 50% of the mafia team soft-distacing like that doesn't sit well with me. If you have a reason to neglect §teel it'd be good to elaborate on it now than later.

Vote Clonbot again.

I have no intentions to wait for you to say something when the little amount of content is fluffed anyways. Not liking how you're only speaking up when you're name is dropped.

:059:

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
So, I was thinking about the game today, and I've decided to completely re-evaluate my lynchpool. I'm going to go over the whole thredad tonight. You can expect a massive post by me either tonight/tomorrow.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You know what? I'm just going to request a replacement.

Gheb's post made me realize that Forum Mafia isn't a friend of mine. I can assure you all that I'm town but the way things look right now I could easily be today's lynch if I keep things up the same way, which I would. A replacement would fare much better than me.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out though. Go town!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
/is replacing for Clownbot

//Will be fully caught up and have something good together by tomorrow afternoon at the latest

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well either he rage quit cause he was caught.
or just so dissapointed. a few questions might help.

@mentos, would you quit if you were in his situation?
who do you think is scummy? is it the same as clown?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Even when I try to be nice I make people quit.

-___________________________________-

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
First, i would like to apoligize. My flight home was delayed 2 days, and i couldn't get any internet during the entire trip.

Will read and then post.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
First, unvote. Alright, at the bottom of my post i shall state my top 3 suspects and vote.

Wishy-washy? I've only made three votes, against Arrow and Steel (twice). I was justified in removing my support for both of them. For the Steel thing, I was treating it as a joke, since he attacked me with no justification. I had no attachment to that vote, so the instant Steel objected to it, I removed it. I put it back on him when he did something suspiscious, but switched it to Arrow when he tried to get Swords to reveal his role, something I believe all of us consider scummy. Finally, I removed my vote from Arrow, because I wanted to see what Swords had to say when he returned, so I could decide who to vote for.

Arrow, Steel, maybe Swords? I really want him to post here before I vote again, as I don't know what to think of him (for the record, my vote against Steel was based on his unrelenting intent to bandwagon on day one, for something that I did not consider lynch-worthy material. I did find the way Swords worded the first sentence of his defence of Kevin strange, but that could easily have been an impulsive decision, without malign intent. I need more information about him before I can decide either way.). If no new information comes to my attention within two days, I will put my vote upon Arrow once more.
Why Steel and me? I'm guessing that Steel's bandwagoning of me was a pressure vote, (or that is the impression that i get out of it at least). Steel went too far in pressure wagoning me definitely, but seriously, you bring up a point that isn't a good one. And the only thing you have on me is inactivity (and i even said that i'd be V/LA until the 7th, didn't know that my flight was going to be delayed 2 days.). You don't even mention clownbot or UM, both who have been fence-sitting and posting fluff. You instead attempt to shift the attention to me.

@KevinM I think you feel i have skimmed purely because i havent posted much but i have explained why that is

As for my sus list

Steel because of the way he has jumped on arrow but hasnt jumped on anyone else who has said things that are silly.

@clown both you and summoner are gut hence why i put you at my 3rd

when asked for my list who ever i put last on my lists are gut feelings hence why i put both summoner and you

@Summoner
Yes you will always be on my suss list <3
Rule #2 of playing mafia: NEVER LYNCH OFF OF GUT FEELINGS!!!!!!! Also, you seem to bring up a dumb point. You don't find trying to get me to claim that early in D1 suspicious? I was only at L-3 and trying to see what everyone thought of claiming at the time.

So my suspicions go like this

1. guide
2. UM
3. Arrow

Arrow has been scummy so far as to pseudo-scumhunting to rolephising early in D1 to posting one-liners. The order that i put them in doesn't mean that guide is more scummy than UM or arrow or vice versa, i would be fine with lynching any one of these 3.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I know I said that I was going to make a big post today, but its going to have to wait until tomorrow night. I've been drafted by my neighbors to help out with snow removal tonight/tomorrow.

Plows haven't reached our street yet, so we have to dig ourselves out before the next 10-20 inches.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
KevinM (2) SummonerAU, xXArrowXx
mentosman8 (2) KevinM, Gheb_01
§teel (1) undead_moose
undead_moose (1) mentosman8

Not voting (3) §teel, The_Guide, SwordsRbroken

Activity Log:
February 09: The_Guide, SwordsRbroken, KevinM, Gheb_01, xXArrowXx, undead_moose
February 08: mentosman8, SummonerAU
February 07: §teel

With 9 players alive, it takes a majority of 5 to lynch a chef!
A deadline has been set for Thursday, February 11th, Noon EST!

Comforting activity, everyone.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
well either he rage quit cause he was caught.
or just so dissapointed. a few questions might help.

@mentos, would you quit if you were in his situation?
who do you think is scummy? is it the same as clown?
I most definitely wouldn't. Only got two votes on me and it's not the hardest case to argue out of. Very confident I will not be the lynch today, and am assuming I can convince others of this.

So now we lynch Mentos?
Nope, Mentos lynch=/=good to go.

Unvote

I think The_Guide, Clownbot or undead_moose are the best lynches toDay. All 3 of them have been posting very little of substance - that falls into the category "feigning activity" in my book, especially in Clownbot's case who hasn't been helpful at all. The only suspect he has even remotely bothered to elaborate on was undead_moose. His other picks were §teel and Arrow - two relatively popular targets at that time and he didn't post reasons for either of them. Coupled with fence-sitting or being wishy-washy most of toDay we have 3 players who've been largely passive in terms of scumhunting and opportunistic when it came to place their votes.

I think Arrow has received more suspicion than he actually deserves. Putting Swords at L-2 looks a lot less suspicious in retrospect and I think most of the suspicions against him were based on that. I think it's his poor wording that rubs people the wrong way - he seems to have problems getting his points across. Point is that he's been actively trying to find scum so far, has voiced his suspicions pretty clearly and has remained consistent. That's good enough for me, especially since a lot of people have openly called him a good lynch choice. I think smaller scumteams (which is most likely the case with only 9 players) would rather avoid bussing on D1 so I'd neglect that possibility for now (unless somebody convinces me otherwise).

@Summoner

Earlier toDay you were pretty vocal about §teel being one of your top suspects but you seemed to have dropped that almost completely and you're mainly after Kevin now. Any particular reason for that? In a game where a bus kills 50% of the mafia team soft-distacing like that doesn't sit well with me. If you have a reason to neglect §teel it'd be good to elaborate on it now than later.

Vote Clonbot again.

I have no intentions to wait for you to say something when the little amount of content is fluffed anyways. Not liking how you're only speaking up when you're name is dropped.

To the first section, Gheb, I can honestly say that it was most likely just Clown being an uncomfortable newbie. I highly advise looking elsewhere as I am going to do my best to rectify the player slot's issues you have, and it's definitely barking up the wrong tree.

As for Arrow not being as suspicious, my suspicions on him came from other things. His 198 was an absolutely terrible post. In two of his scenarios he implies him/moose are cleared if the other flips town. The post is too gutsy for them to both be scum, but it could be very good for whichever is scum if one is. The post really bugs me because A. He's planning way too far ahead, and B. He's trying to associate himself to an almost masonry level with another player, when there is no real evidence that the assertations he makes are right.

Kevin's being Kevin, that's about all I've got to say there. Not a good lynch target for today.

Summoner has interested me with the repeating of pretty much the same question to Kevin over and over. And like Kev said, asking someone to say they're positive X is scum lends easily to a trap. Gonna keep an eye there.

I don't have a very strong read on Moose, but could see him as potentially scum, and he hasn't been that active, almost reminding me of Mister Eric in Newbie3. The problem here is that I don't know if Arrow would be gutsy enough to make his 198 if they were both scum, and I'm getting stronger vibes from Arrow than Moose.

That's about the best I've got in terms of scumhunting so far, and I am going to

Unvote Vote Arrow

Cuz I think the wagon on him shouldn't have died off quite so much as he has continued to say things that are iffy or(in the post I linked) absolutely useless to town since the Swords situation.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
@Summoner

I think I mentioned Steel a few times but I don't think I was ever vocal about him being a suspect. I don't think I can answer the question because of that.

Vote: Undead_Moose
Looking over his posts and his Top 3 list, I think he's a better lynch today. Normally Arrow and Moose are 'buddies' but I don't really see Moose trying it this time. If anything, he's trying to avoid mentioning Arrow at all.
Have your top 3 changed at all Moose?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well ofcoarse he is not trying to buddy, he tried to save me but it redirected fire on him.
ill take the blame for that mistake if i must. just cause i feel bad. but dont missunderstand ill fight for the both of us.

yes theres the option of one being mafia and one being town duh.
in the case of me being inocent and moose being mafia, he probably shouldn't have stuck his head out for me on the first day since, if he was town he wouldn't know my role, so he would be basing it on my play that everyone thinks its faulty.
so what i was getting at is that he is cleared because only a stupid mafia would get in that posistion. (when i say clear its more like his chance of being town increases)

say if i was mafia and getting lynched and moose was town. why would he iniatally stick hes head out to someone he knows nothing about. and what about these other mafia memebers would they just let one of them get caught so easily.

either scenario is less likily than us being the same alliance. as for planning to far ahead, town can take any track they want, i just played out a scenerio. and i am not a masson or whateva its hes actions that make me know hes town.

"Kevin's being Kevin, that's about all I've got to say there. Not a good lynch target for today."
whats this about???

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Stupid ipod post what i ment to say was

I agree with Arrow. How come me buddying with arrow rouses alot of suspicion on our part but when someone says "Oh that crazy Kevin" and canned laughter bursts out from no where. It slides completely under the radar

@summoner I would say i haven mentioned arrow A BILLION times so that makes no sense

How is my list sus for when its me sticking out my head for arrow AGAIN

My top three has not changed at all except for the obvious change of clownbot to mentos

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@arrow But if he was scum and you were scum, he would be wanting to save one of his scumbuddies. I know you two are buddies outside of the game, and you seem to be buddying now regardless of one another's roles. If he is town and you are scum, then he may just think that you were being dumb there. Your post doesn't make a lot of sense either, there may be multiple possibilities as far as that goes. I prefer not to rely on possibilities, scumhunting is better IMO.

@UM You realize that arrow is the most suspicious in the game with you in second place?

lynch one of these two scumbags toDay.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
why not rely on both?
its when the scum slips and the possibilies align, the truth is revealed. everyone that played phoenix wright knows that =P
u fail at being a defense attorney XD

and yes swords thats what i said, either (we both are scum) or( i am, hes not,) or (we are town) or (i am not and he is).

(i am not maf and he is) - doesn't make much sense on D1. because it leaves a how could he know trail? its not like hes cop or something.
(we both scum) - why would moose defend me if the town thought so strongly to lynch me, he would do better gaining the trust of town.
(i am, hes not) - moose being dumb about trusting me. i think he knows me better than that.
(we are town) - you idiots are reading to much into things. and moose trusts me either because he thinks its a mistake or just knows how i play town.

think about my mistake again a bandwagon on D1, jokingly asking for a role-claim if i reveal mine, to put someone on a L-2 on not even 1/4 the way through of day 1.

@mentos: u refer to my other "sus" post, what would you rather have seen in it?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Swords looking pretty bad right now imo. First paragraph of his 218 was pretty much a parrot and he badly needs to elaborat on his 226:

"@UM You realize that arrow is the most suspicious in the game with you in second place? "

Uhm, no? The_Guide and Clowntosman are up there too and imo both are more suspicious than arrow and I'm starting to feel the same about you. I agree that UM himself is suspicious but saying that UM and Arrow are the two most suspicious player in such an absolute manner has me considering you looking for easier targets again.
In 218 you call The_Guide your #1 suspicion and now Arrow and UM are suddenly the most suspicious players? Contradiction much?

Unvote

Might've been too much reading from swords meta into this game.

Vote The_Guide

207 ans 219 are blatant stalling very short before the deadline. Perfectly fitting for how he's played so far.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Gheb, read the post further. It says that i listed them in any order, just because i listed the guide first doesn't mean that he is my No. 1 suspect. I even said that explicitly. However guide still is suspicious to me ATM. I'm not sure about Clowntos right now. Even though i am not excusing mentos for Clownbot's actions, i'll give mentos a chance to redeem himself.

Arrow, the situation is too WIFOMey right now to tell what is going on. And what do you mean by "it's not like he's cop or anything."? You have no way of knowing his role unless you are scum. He very well could be the cop. Being in a masonry with him doesn't make sense either, because town/scum masonries have been known. And you may or may not know each other's alignment depending on whether the mod tells you or not, but you still don't know his role.

Vote: Arrow

Guide needs to post.

for more info on what WIFOM means, check out this: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wifom

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Your whole second paragraph is just poorly worded questions rhetorical or not on how he would know the relationship of the cop etc.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
what i mean by not cop is that its impossible to tell since its D1. he couldn't have searched me yet. duh stop picking at my words.
i dont have time to write a gramatically correct book on mafia day 1 featuring moose.

as for you role fishing, i dont think you are.

@swords how about you list them in order?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
1. Arrow 2. Guide/Moose would be the order of suspects right now. Deadline is tonight people, we need to decide on a lynch.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Flip a coin really.

Want to hear more from guide & steel when they get on again.

KevinScum, start scumhunting and stop posting one-liners.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
At the risk of buddying with arrow some more I am going to go with KevinM for this. You ask for people to post more information and what not and yet you are full of one liners yourself. This I usually wouldn't mind but the way you seem to be jumping on some people for one post.

Basicly the same as steel but you have been doing it more

Vote KevinM

Top Bottom