• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
You can have different costumes, but you can't have more than one moveset. The moveset and its animations are represented by FitXX.pac and FitXXmotionetc.pac (or maybe without .pac) while individual costumes are represented by FitXX##.pac/pcs for those number of costumes.
OMG that totally slipped my mind THANK YOU for explaining that haha
god i was totally confused even though i new the answer the whole time :p

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
don't know if you guys are making Chrono from Chrono Trigger but these guys are working on an entire 3D

remake of Chrono Trigger http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/news/

unforntually they can't continue making the game due to them getting a Cease and Desist letter from Square Enix ...

theres some pictures up on the website that you can use as references to make Chrono if you want too...

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
also another thing that im a noob on
im pretty handy when it comes to PSA and brawlbox
but im a complete noob when it comes to custom portraits
can anyone direct me to a tutorial because the pac i dl'ed has zerosuit samus NAKED
and u know not to good for the little cousins :p

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
don't know if you guys are making Chrono from Chrono Trigger but these guys are working on an entire 3D

remake of Chrono Trigger http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/news/

unforntually they can't continue making the game due to them getting a Cease and Desist letter from Square Enix ...

theres some pictures up on the website that you can use as references to make Chrono if you want too...
honestly, I think he'd be a boring character :l.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Mod powers glitch >_< that and I read Guy's post wrong. fffffffff

As JV and I noted, this thread is to only get MDL0's working in Brawl and discussion/help of it; the only files you can post or request in Customized Content are the ones that are meant for Brawl (PSA files, texture files, or FitMotionEtc files).
Stop trying to infract me you bish. <3

Anyway, still looking out for that PM of Darkrai's hexed model and animations. <3

Garrett223

Smash Cadet
Can you give me deoxys and darkrai model links? send 'em to my youtube. I am on that more often. Mugenlordftw is my youtube.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
we need the clone engine NOW
FitLinkMotionEtc05.pac HAHA
I think before they get the Clone Engine for characters, I think they should focus on getting alloys their own icons... Then we could "add" characters by creating them their own separate icons, etcetc.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I think before they get the Clone Engine for characters, I think they should focus on getting alloys their own icons... Then we could "add" characters by creating them their own separate icons, etcetc.
The thing about alloys though is they still can't have specials yet. Mr. Weegee still hasn't figured out how to give them specials. I think that's probably why most people aren't using alloys cuz they want their characters to have specials. At least that's why I did it for Klonoa. If alloys could use specials then I'd use alloys all the time for new character hacks.

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
The thing about alloys though is they still can't have specials yet. Mr. Weegee still hasn't figured out how to give them specials. I think that's probably why most people aren't using alloys cuz they want their characters to have specials. At least that's why I did it for Klonoa. If alloys could use specials then I'd use alloys all the time for new character hacks.
Didn't someone figure that out a while back?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Didn't someone figure that out a while back?
Well if they have figured out then we should get a link to it. But all I really know is that Mr. Weegee posted something that he THOUGHT might make alloys get specials but it turned out that it didnt work and hes still working on it.

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
hey just want confirm that Yugioh 5Ds Wheelie Breakers use mdl0

also the textures are in .brres so the game can be texture hacked without any hexing ore something else needed

shock44

Smash Journeyman
That's Mr. Weegee's method that he's talking about. It only half-works.
Exactly. If it worked fully then people would have made something new and different with alloys by now. So as of now alloys can't really have specials.

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Thanks to everyone who has chipped in and helped me make sense of all this!
I am that guy who makes video tuts, so this tut should be up... TOMOROW! i'll post with the link after its up, please add it to the OP so many more can learn!

Thanks again everyone!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Thanks to everyone who has chipped in and helped me make sense of all this!
I am that guy who makes video tuts, so this tut should be up... TOMOROW! i'll post with the link after its up, please add it to the OP so many more can learn!

Thanks again everyone!
Oh, thanks a ton Alpaca! I really want to start fixing up some things with Lloyd so hopefully a video will help me out.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
hey just want confirm that Yugioh 5Ds Wheelie Breakers use mdl0

also the textures are in .brres so the game can be texture hacked without any hexing ore something else needed
Just looked at the card list, and the only card really worth doing was Blue eyes white dragon (or yugioh card player). they didnt have dark magician so... immediate loss for that game. all the names seem less generic than before, which ruins the point of yugioh. Red eyes black dragon meant exactly that, but whats jump syncron supposed to mean?

im not saying that they dont look cool and shouldnt be used, but they just seem so much less generic... its almost as bad as bidoof... or nosepass :urg:

and are they already formatted to work in brawl or is it just BB it works in?

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
kung fu panda legendary warriors uses .sbk and .wii files (hex editing i found a .kfp file)
so im pretty sure it doesn't use mdl0 sorry :(

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Just looked at the card list, and the only card really worth doing was Blue eyes white dragon (or yugioh card player). they didnt have dark magician so... immediate loss for that game. all the names seem less generic than before, which ruins the point of yugioh. Red eyes black dragon meant exactly that, but whats jump syncron supposed to mean?

im not saying that they dont look cool and shouldnt be used, but they just seem so much less generic... its almost as bad as bidoof... or nosepass :urg:

and are they already formatted to work in brawl or is it just BB it works in?
Not even Dark Magician Girl? Darn.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
ok i am so suprised alloys havent been done yet. especially when we HAVE a solution that no1 has implimented. make a subroutine on B so whenever B is pressed go to subaction IF press forward go somewhere else, down somewhere else, up somewhere else. presto. the problem then is copy pasting that into every available subaction. tedius but effective. at this point, i say we do it. its really easy to do and I know that I will be doing it once i find a character i acuially recognize (who the hell are these ppl? lol). idk i guess i can do it for goku, but id prefer if we can get adult goku's model. if we are having cameo brawlers, id prefer we only have 1 version of them. but thats just me

ok im really having problems with fire emblem path of radiance. it uses .thp, animations (visible via hex), and some other file type. like i KNOW there are models in these files. gah! my poor zihark. so close, yet so far. (T.T)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Could someone help me out on the hexing? Do I actually need to replace the same values that are shown in the images or do I need a hex editor that will highlight those values? I'm a bit confused.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
In the OP, referring to certain games: "The models are packed in ARC files and need to be exported with an external program."

Anybody want to just tell me what program I should use? I don't want to experiment.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Could someone help me out on the hexing? Do I actually need to replace the same values that are shown in the images or do I need a hex editor that will highlight those values? I'm a bit confused.
You need to do what's in the pictures, and there won't be any highlighting for you. But just look for things in your hex file that look similar to what's highlighted in the pictures and you should be fine.

Oh, I found Grimmjow's release form and animations, and Grimmjow has 121 bones. Sounds like the beginning of a new project for me.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I really should learn this stuff! Seems like everyone wants to do the extremely well known stars but i see easy potental in someone not even thought about at all...How about (Yes I dare to say it) Amy Rose!!

But seriously, she has a .MDl0 already and the golden hammer resembles her Piko piko hammer very good without texturing it. She would seriously have a ****** PSA if someone put the effort into it. Maybe I should learn the ropes just to accomplish this...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I really should learn this stuff! Seems like everyone wants to do the extremely well known stars but i see easy potental in someone not even thought about at all...How about (Yes I dare to say it) Amy Rose!!

But seriously, she has a .MDl0 already and the golden hammer resembles her Piko piko hammer very good without texturing it. She would seriously have a ****** PSA if someone put the effort into it. Maybe I should learn the ropes just to accomplish this...
I second this. Amy Rose would be awesome. Maybe she could be like a heavier, combat oriented version of Sonic, like in Sonic Advance 1.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok so... hexing

i know how to hex models obviously as per the OP, but is there a guide anywhere for how to hex animations? do textures need to be hexed?

Top Bottom